Thinking about applying for a cnc machinist position at Sig Sauer. Is it worth it? 30k a year

Thinking about applying for a cnc machinist position at Sig Sauer. Is it worth it? 30k a year

Attached: 1558201370359.png (1220x771, 177K)

They can't pay a livable wage? 30 k is 15/HR. That's what the burger flippers are claiming is minimum soon. Wtf sig your guns are too expensive for this jewery.

Depending on where the factory is that is more than a livable wage, especially for a single man.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-04-13-55-11.png (1440x2880, 373K)

I work at a different sig location so I can't say how a job in NH is, but I like it here aside from some local management issues. Nice people, decent benefits, cool discounts on guns if you into sig (I actually am not, so I gift my gun purchases to friends). My hours are flexible, but that's because of my position.

Honestly, just go for it. It never hurts to get a job unless you know you can get a better one for sure.

Even if you shoehorn Cnc machinist into "production" its 37000 a year, and to be fair its more of a skilled trade than most assembly line stuffs

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-04-13-57-38.png (1440x2880, 411K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-04-13-57-00.png (1440x2880, 516K)

I worked for Sig for about 8 years, overall I liked it and would have stayed if I didn't find a better opportunity elsewhere.

Hello, fellow NHfag. How is life? Happy that Governor Sununu vetoed the HB 696 red flag law?

Attached: State Wojak NH.png (968x788, 471K)

>sig pays it's people slave wages
LOL

Do you know anything about machining?

that'll just cover food and an apartment in a neighborhood he won't have to worry about getting robbed multiple times a day. it might take a few months for furniture if he's got a phone and is on a $50 prepaid plan and already owns a car and actually pays for insurance and does regular maintenance. he'll never have enough after food, rent, gas, phone, and insurance per month for internet, cable, guns, ammo, fishing gear, or literally any other luxury or hobby.

So what's this shit I hear that there is high turnover on the shop floor and they can't keep skilled people employed?

That's how it is in most mfg facilities, "skilled" means different things to employers and employees.

oversaturated market. there are more machine operators than positions that need filling, they pay so much and if the guy doesn't like it on the line he can burn shoe leather because there's 10 guys behind him looking for work in his exact position.

No but they're offering 15 an hour during training. Seems like they just need warm bodies to fill the p320 contract. There's also better pay rates for 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Attached: siggie.jpg (765x600, 44K)

Life is as it always was for me. And I'm always happy to see anti gun bills shot down.

Attached: 1562111071649s.jpg (120x125, 3K)

Like I said, I don't work at any of the NH locations, but where I work, the turnover isn't high. The highest area would be on the line, but most of the time it's people being dipshit (drug abuse, skipping work for stupid shit, etc).

Sig pays for training and any education directly related to your position (if not a course), or any education of a higher degree pending approval from management. You have to get a good grade for them to pay though. A if in full, B 80%, and so on.

Same, bro. Recommend any good places to shoot at in the Nashua and Manchester areas? Preferably something outdoors.

Attached: Thumb Man.jpg (480x480, 25K)

if you can sneak past the fudds and get a membership the londonderry range is excellent

The range is part of the londonderry fish and game club and the address is actually in litchfield

You could also go to french hill and plink some illegals

Attached: 1564842391573s.jpg (249x250, 8K)

I've heard mixed opinions on that range. How's the wait period. Do you have to be an NRA member? I strongly dislike fudds with a passion.

>wait period
Until the next fud dies
You do need an NRA membership

Attached: yWRigl6B_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Fuck that. I left the NRA after their silence in regards to the bump stock ban. I would just stick to using my friend's property up near Goffstown, but he's rarely available to let me shoot there.

Damn i make 40k/yr stocking shit at a grocery store

What fucking grocery store do you work at that pays 40k/yr stocking? Are you in a major, expensive city?

It's in Florida so cost of living kinda cancels it out. But the company does give me the option to move up north, which I'm saving up for asap.

Starting that isn't terrible, but if you know G code you can probably get a bit more
In New York, yeah. But unless they make it national it won't be. I mean fuck even most EMT positions don't make $30k a year these days
If they do they'll increase their wages in short order because people would do something else.

30k a year and you have to live in india?

Also WV fag here thinking of moving up to NH since we have literally no jobs here unless I want to commute all the way to DC
Seems like you guys actually have a job market, here he's just minimum wage burger flipping, slightly above minimum wage construction with your favorite heroin addicts, or nursing which is now pretty much a 4 year degree

OP, I can't speak about your prospective job but I'd suggest applying regardless.

Personally, I just moved (3 weeks ago to the day) to the Seacoast. The position I accepted is $31K base salary plus guarantied commissions for the next year. Ignoring all commissions, I'd just barely break even with $1000/month going towards housing and $100/week going towards each of food, car, and spending money.

BTW-- freedom tastes great. I already got a temp drivers license, applied for a CCW permit, received a few standard capacity magazines, bought my first handgun, and finished two more 80%'s.

I'm glad you enjoy our freedom more than the massholes that call the cops on me for shooting innawoods

Attached: 307.jpg (788x685, 83K)

I feel your feels. I used to be in New York. My poor Armalites hated being in gimp suits while Andrew Cuomo jerked off. :'(

how do I get a job at a fun company? I sent my resume to a bunch of ones in my state and I only got one response back saying they weren't hiring. I have a 2 year degree in gun science.

Wait for them to get a government contract for 500,000 pistols

Attached: 1563139381254.jpg (388x443, 151K)

The problem is they move from their shitty state and try to ruin my fun with their ignorance

Attached: 1564309998689.png (980x742, 638K)

That's not a very good wage unless the cost of living near the plant is low. If the benefits are good and you get a couple raises per year it might be worth it.

At least find out if your would-be target is pro or anti. A new resident might or might not have had guns and magazines that NY (and similar states) try to illegal. They may or may not carry constitutionally and may or may not have opted to get a CCW shortly after theoretically receiving a temporary DL.

My would be targets are made of wood and paper. Sometimes AR500 steel.

Attached: 1511373681583s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

not a good place to work. I asked about this in the Facebook machinist group. they have high turnover from overworking people and burning them out. long hours, low wages, and high stress work culture with no down time or investment into employees.