Recommended Safes

I'm running out of places to store my guns, so I really need to get a safe soon. Any recommendations?
>amount of guns
I'd like to be able to store about 5 long guns and a couple handguns, plus ammo and my plates
>budget
I'd top out at $800 or so with some exceptions
>other qualities
Not looking for something that's fort knox, but mostly to dissuade an intruder from attempting to take it or break in. I'm going to load it down with ammo, cinder blocks (can't bolt to floor), etc. I'd prefer if it was combination and didn't require electricity, period.

Also, post pics of your safes. I'd like to see how you set them up.

Attached: safe.jpg (1000x1000, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunsafereviewsguy.com/articles/myths-about-gun-safe-theft-protection/?fbclid=IwAR0xUbxZRuGFqO6zERhHN9PAbAU6N54ZS4-XFIyaZIlSO_R67njUCOIpakI
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/07/amazon-writes-scripts-for-cops-to-sling-ring-home-cameras-report-says/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you can't bolt it down, you won't be able to effectively weigh it down without sacrificing all your storage. Let's be smart about this, your goal is to dissuade a criminal, right? Take half your budget and invest in a home security system. Ring is great. Simplisafe is great. Put a fucking motion detector facing the safe, and use doorway sensors. Make it go REEREEEREEE and call the cops when someone breaks in, that'll make any thief panic and grab whatever they can stuff in their pockets or carry easily. Take the other $400 and get a reasonably decent fireproof safe. Even the nicest commercial gun safes can be opened by a dedicated criminal with power tools and 15 minutes, don't give them the time.

If you can't bolt down you're going to want something fucking heavy like an amsec BF series. But those are pricy.

Here you go user. everything you need to know about safes.

gunsafereviewsguy.com/articles/myths-about-gun-safe-theft-protection/?fbclid=IwAR0xUbxZRuGFqO6zERhHN9PAbAU6N54ZS4-XFIyaZIlSO_R67njUCOIpakI

For the last several years on Black Friday Menards had 24 gun safes on sale for $400.
There is no reason to spend $700

Attached: 23802D99-C0F5-4255-A0C7-128CD27EEFBB.jpg (1536x2050, 564K)

>invest in a home security system
I guess I forgot to mention this but just to show I'm not a fucking retard, I already intend to do this. Cameras, motion lights, intend to put a wireless camera in my safe, too, as well as potentially a GPS tracker in the safe in case they're somehow able to drag the safe out of my room. I already have a computer set up and guitars and shit that I think a criminal would want to take first, anyway. Most likely criminals in my town are niggers, but some did manage to break into a LGS and steal $7k worth of shit anyway.
Fair. I might be able to convince the landlord the idea of bolting it down, but I'll have to see.

>There is no reason to spend $700
Good. I only gave that high a number because it seems like most retailers sell safes for insane prices.

Are liberty safes available where you are? Cabelas sells them here. I'm a gulf coast fag if that helps.

I got a 12 gun safe made by Liberty for $449.99 brand new on a pallet. It is rated to withstand 62,000 BTU for 30 mins and it has 4 holes on the inside for anchor bolts through your foundation. Tyrone would have to bring some serious tools like a jackhammer to carry it away.

Plus they have warranties for attempted/ successful breakins. You won't get your goodies back but you will get another safe. It was the best I could find for the money.

> buying anything from Cabelas
Anything Cabelas sells can be found elsewhere for much less money.

You should be fine honestly. A good safe is >1% of home security, still get one though. Practice opsec, don't brag about going on vacation, standard shit. Not looking like an easy target is the biggest thing. Put your home security sign up. Most random break ins are quick smash and grabs. Low risk medium reward. If you have a home security sign and a dog, and your neighbor has neither, then guess who is getting broken into?

Yeah they also had them at a local furniture store but they were major assholes. I agree with you but cabelas won that one by customer service

>thr averge nigger walks around breaking into homes with power tools maymay

Anytime some intruder is going to come equipped with power tools to break into your safe only happens when they know what you have and know your schedule. Almost always by some nigger who new either directly or through someone telling them what you have. Keep your trap shut about your guns, keep them reasonably secured. Vast majority of break ins are crimes of opportunity. Smash and grabs.

Something mechanical and keyless. I have a F&S dial-safe that gets locked when I leave home and unlocked when i walk in the door (also locked when company comes over). Anything digital will fail when the power goes out or the battery expires. Key backup, sure - but who wants to fumble keys in a worst-case home-defense scenario?

Mechanical (re: non-electronic) and keyless is the way to go.

That's true. Both my neighbors have dogs and we already live in an enclosed neighborhood where you have to be ace at fence hopping (while carrying loads of shit) to flee here. We always have a car in the driveway, too.
This. I keep the fact that I own guns to very few people and typically the people I do tell casually don't know where I live.

1:Dont underestimate the ingenuity of a redneck with an angle grinder.
2:Unbolted safe can be dolly'ed out. Not easy. But can be done.
3:most important. Humidity is your enemy

Dogs are worthless for security.
This has been statistically proven.
Your best bet is live in a safe community, and have cameras and access to security system with an alarm.
I don't care who they are. No criminal wants to go back to prison. If they hear an alarm, they are bolting. Especially one that's fucking loud and disturbs the neighborhood.
All safes can be broken into. Its the amount of time that you are buying.
5 min or 15 min.

I'd love to see your source on that

what kind of safe do I need to protect my guns from getting red flagged when I'm not home?

Attached: door-2033343_960_720.jpg (624x720, 131K)

Most retail safes are insanely poorly built. They're not built well, can't resist actual burglary attempts, and very few even carry an RSC rating (5 minutes of resistance to common hand tools). Further, their fire protection is mostly bullshit, since methodologies are insanely variable and not at all comparable to their other lines, much less to competing products. Better than nothing I suppose, but you really don't know what you're getting.

A bolt-hole that the gubment doesn't easily know about.

>Ring is great
Nope, it was confirmed the other day that police departments have been given access to Ring.
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/07/amazon-writes-scripts-for-cops-to-sling-ring-home-cameras-report-says/