Best bolt action rifle?

Bolt actions are obviously obsolete compared to modern semi-automatic rifles, but say you did have to for whatever reason use one what would Jow Forums pick?

Attached: smle.jpg (354x142, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser#Civilian_rifles_built_on_the_Swedish_Mauser_action
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Carcano 6,5mm

I thought Carcanos sucked. Is this just a JFK joke?

Improperly sawn off Caranos using incorrect ammunition do indeed suck.

Who are you?

I asked who the fuck you are

Oh look, it's this thread again. With the average level of knowledge on Jow Forums in 2019 there's almost no point in even asking questions which require more than video-game levels of experience. And besides that this is so subjective that all there will ever be is an argument.

A policeman knew my name.

get yourself a finnish mosin (M28-30, M39) or a K31

my shitty country has banned semis to the point of extinction

I'm gonna fuck you. You know that, funnyboy? I'm gonna fuck you right in the teeth. Let me catch you again. You stupid fuck. You stupid piece of shit. Fuck you.

Tikka T3
CZ550
CZ452 (22)
Anschutz 1780
Anschutz System Match 54 (22LR)
Accuracy international AW 338
Mauser 98 and clones (springfield)
Swiss Vetterli
Gewehr 1888
Mannlicher 95
Swiss K31 and 1889
Lee Metford

Overall its probably
1)Anschutz 1780
2)Tikka T3
3)CZ 550
4)Sako A7
5)AI AW 338
6)Browning xbolt
7)Howa
8)Savage Axis
9)Mauser and derivatives (Springfield)
10)old model 70 old rem 700
The difference in the above is a fraction of submoa
11)swiss k31
12)Lee Metford
13)Gew88
14)mannlicherM95

These are the most accurate milsurps strangely enough but that demands loading knowledge they are less than 1MOA in decent order well loaded
After that
lee enfields, nuggets,
everything else

the garand

smefag the Anschutz 1780 will cost you over ten grand. Its worth mentioning for that money you can get a decent fclass custom made that will rival it

antique rifles
gibbs
whitworth
rigby
Sharps
Correctly loaded
The rigby was the better gun V sharps, the gibbs is probably the bests overall

Honourable mentions
civilian swiss vetterli CF target , snider, enfield 56, gras, mauser 71 etc

>the garand
Its not a bolt action you silly American mong, Its a nice semi and not in the accuracy league neither is the snider by the way or the antique riles they are muzzleloaders but they are the accurate riles or their era.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Townsend Whelen

A rifles repeatable accuracy is not subjective

>Bolt actions are obviously obsolete

They are not and never will be as they remain more accurate for solid engineering principles and as long as that is the case and there is a need for accuracy they will dominate in accuracy. Please do not sperg about ARs at me. I'm not in the mood for bullshit

To answer YOUR question OP
I'd take a Cz550 in 338 lapua mag
Simply because its the available one of best accuracy in that calibre. Which will take the head clean off some mong with a semi auto from a mile away

Your list is missing the CG 63
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser#Civilian_rifles_built_on_the_Swedish_Mauser_action

>9)Mauser and derivatives (Springfield)
>Your list is missing the CG 63en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser#Civilian_rifles_built_on_the_Swedish_Mauser_action

lol

Swedish Mausers are in a league of their own

Schweiz - Infanteriegewehr 1911

Attached: langgewehr-11.jpg (1383x283, 29K)

>Swedish Mausers are in a league of their own
>9)Mauser and derivatives (Springfield)

>Schweiz - Infanteriegewehr 1911
>Swiss K31 and 1889
the 1911 is the terminus of a series of tweaks to the 1889, the k31 is a new rifle

"Mauser and derivatives" means shit. Different actions, sights, triggers, barrel lengths.

I have an imaging of two lisping manlet faggots clawing each other
t.

>"Mauser and derivatives" means shit. Different actions, sights, triggers, barrel lengths.

They are the same bolt, cocking mechanism, safety etc and most deal with barrel harmonics and expansion identically

No they are not. 98s are cock on open, Swedes are cock on close.

Your pic is correct. a Lee Enfield in the correct answer.

>Your pic is correct. a Lee Enfield in the correct answer.
>1)Anschutz 17802)Tikka T33)CZ 5504)Sako A75)AI AW 3386)Browning xbolt7)Howa8)Savage Axis

ARs are obsolete and only suitable for queers and man children, what rifles does Jow Forums suggest?

I dont know about best but Enfeilds are definitely some of the nicest to own and shoot.

The best bolt action on the market right now that's heirloom tier but built for performance but can be utilitarian but still be built and excel as a precision rifle would be the ARC Mausingfield action with your choice barrel and preferably mcmillan or manners stock.

>all low end consumerist actions
get on the custom action level, some companies even offer prebuilt on their actions for the dumb mongs

true but from the military perspective theyre arguably obsolite in non-magnum calibers. I dont forsee that changing either too though.

AR if you live in a free state/country and arent interested in a precision build

>Bolt actions are obviously obsolete

I would disagree with that statement

Attached: lm.jpg (1080x810, 145K)

I think I'd go with a Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Easy.

Attached: 20190227_103905.jpg (3962x862, 1.96M)

this is what replaced the Lee Enfield issued to the Canadian Rangers

Attached: ranger-rifle.png (640x138, 72K)

It's basically a .308 Tikka T3x CTR, just with a set of sights and a laminate wood stock instead of a polymer one. I don't know about this one, I think the sights are good to have, but personally I'd rather have the polymer stock to save weight.

I can't find any No.1 Mk.iii forestocks, shit sucks

There are a bunch on ebay user.

This. Regular Mosin’s work as well, but the Finnish ones are more godly.

>Americans

Attached: DFC825F5-4848-45B8-8759-6C85C6E9F250.png (1198x1200, 93K)

Yuropoors have to use autoloaders as straight pulls anyways. Might as well be to you.
>not in my country!.. yet

I would say the best all around rifle would be a Lee-Enfield. It has the best safety, an ergonomic design, holds 10 rounds, smaller than most other bolt action milsurps, and generally good build quality and accuracy.

The Swiss K31 gets an honorable mention for being the most accurate by far. It's big problem is that it's somewhat chunky and the straight pull bolt mostly just looks cool, it doesn't appreciably increase fire rate.

3rd option would be a Kar98k. I like the Mauser action for how well-designed it is for safety features, it's probably the strongest action of the WWI/WWII stuff. With the laminate stock versions, it's also one of the most durable rifles from it's era. A great all around choice, too.

Really the above three are the only good answers if we're talking the older guns. Mosins are really cool and I love mine, but they're pretty mediocre objectively even with the nicer examples. I would still be comfortable using one as my only bolt gun, but that really goes for most bolt action rifles from the era. Carcanos, Arisakas, MAS-36's. etc. are all fine too, but I think they're just acceptable like a Mosin is, but not particularly high quality or exceptionally designed.

If I had to choose one of my personal bolt action rifles right now, I would go with my Kar98k.

Attached: Kar98k (1).jpg (1243x932, 1.04M)

if you were left on a foreign planet with a bolt gun and knew that beasts there topped out at 1500lbs what would you choose?
I wouldnt choose milsurp personally.

I was thinking more realistic scenarios (e.g. if your house was on fire and you could only save one, and you didn't have money for replacement guns) and not sci-fi scenarios.

If I'm transplanted to Turok: Dinosaur Hunter I guess I would get a Holland & Holland bolt-action chambered in .375 H&H magnum. Might as well kill things in style.

For 1500lbs? I guess something in 7mm Remington Magnum? I don't know much about larger game, what's the minimum caliber you'd want for something like that. Some guys where I live hunt moose with .308s, other guys use 300 Win Mag and .30-06.

>I was thinking more realistic scenarios (e.g. if your house was on fire and you could only save one, and you didn't have money for replacement guns) and not sci-fi scenarios.
Im not OP, was just curious what you thought because you put a lot of thought into your post.
Im going to shill for a mausingfield in a mcmillan game warden style stock, mk8 1-8x, muzzle brake light target contour 24", in 338 norma mag loaded with 300gr rocky mountain aluminum tipped bullets.

If I was building for a mordern high performance gun to pass down it would be a similar build in 308 but with a long action and with a higher magnification optic + nice bipod

optic or no optic?
assuming 1500lbs is the largest predator, Id go for something larger than the standard magnums. If it's your food source a standard magnum would be great, even 30-06 so long as predators dont get much over 800lbs or if they do theyre slow

>optic or no optic?

Depends on the range I'm shooting at and the terrain. I prefer no optic as the default though. Scopes can be annoying at shorter ranges.

You can disagree but you're wrong.

No modern non-shit third world army is equipping their military with bolt actions.

So?

Reconsidering my choice now. Im not sure what the weight would be, probably close to 11lbs.
youll be able to carry a lot more ammunition and have a more weildy rifle
I dont like lpvo on rifle calibers but in this situation I think youd be able to get good use close and somewhat far with it plus theyre illuminated which is great for low light and night for at least as long as the battery goes. It's still weight though. At least backup irons is a requirement.

yes they are, nearly all of them, just in specific niches

>No modern non-shit third world army is equipping their military with bolt actions.

You mean it wouldn't be the first choice for close quarters combat? I'm shocked

It's a long range weapon. Kill your enemy before they know they are in range.

K31 or Tikka T3X.

>Bolt actions are obviously obsolete compared to modern

There still bolt actions in service.

Unless you want the CZ 550 in .243 Win or some specialty caliber they are hard to find. They stopped production a couple years ago.

My vote goes for the CZ 527

Attached: 16A1F70D-C849-4EA5-91DF-DB14321B04DA.jpg (1200x900, 540K)

I have a Remington 700, a new Mauser M18, and two old Mauser M98 from the second world war. Haven't used til M18 much, but I really like the Remington 700. The M98s are mostly for fun.

To be honest I think anyone of the standard budget/middle class bolt actions rifles such as Tikka 3X, Howa 1500, Remington 700, Mauser M18, Browning Nordic Light etc would work fine. The price point are the most important and all probably delivers.

Also I use them for hunting. Semiautomatics are going to be banned soon in my country.

Krag Joergensen M84/24

Ruger American is a fine entry-level .308 for beginners.

>holy shit tards are actually biting
Kek, here's your (You)

Attached: 1489775780343.jpg (352x351, 45K)

>Bolt actions are obviously obsolete compared to modern semi-automatic rifles
Obsolete for what, exactly? As a front-line infantry weapon, sure. That's not the only possible thing someone could want a rifle for, though.

its really not that hard to run a bolt guy. maybe if you actually shot guns rather than watch training montages of dipshits magdumping into cardboard at 10 feet you may know this. you posted a bolt action thats got a great action for easy follow up shots.

Attached: 4D6BD7F7-BC3B-4351-99D4-BBD2C298BF0B.jpg (399x580, 58K)

why aren't straight pull bolts more common? They are easier to use and they shouldn't be more expensive to manufacture

>run

I found a tacticool faggot. Do you drive your bolt gun?

>the Anschutz 1780 will cost you over ten grand. Its worth mentioning for that money you can get a decent fclass custom made that will rival it

>low end consumerist actions

sigh

get a spanish fr-8 it shoots 308 and its mauser action, if you have a cetme your bayo and sling will fit and look just the same! front sight tool's the same too i think

Attached: fr82.jpg (800x533, 55K)

>Unless you want the CZ 550 in .243 Win or some specialty calibre
>I'd take a Cz550 in 338 lapua mag
>Simply because its the available one of best accuracy in that calibre. Which will take the head clean off some mong with a semi auto from a mile away

What is the best city in the United States, for someone who hates the National Rifle Association, Hates Guns and is Against the Weapons Carrier?

bolt guns currently in the safe...
22mag - marlin
300blk - remington
243 - savage
280AI - k98
308 - savage
338LM - ruger

guess I need to dump them

Rock Island M-1903 MK1 with the pistol grip stock.