Should i buy an SG550 or an SG551 LB

should i buy an SG550 or an SG551 LB

Attached: Caroline-profile-bipode-p1000509.jpg (2560x1920, 161K)

Are you in Swisscheese? In the US I think both the 550 and 551LB are sold out from JDI. I bought an SG751 and SG553R

nah im in usa. he's still stocking all the parts to assemble one, wont have matching serials but who cares.

i like the 553R better than the 550 my goobermint gave me for free. 5.56 is so unbelievably anemic

already have an aks74u and mp5k, looking for a fullsize rifle.

ah i was thinking of doing the same

and you're right, i contacted SAN and they said all the parts are manufactured in batches and then serialized upon assembly

nothing is handfit or polished, this isn't the 20th century

the serialization is just to track what parts have been replaced in a duty/military gun to estimate its level of use if a roundcount hasn't been determined, and autistic swiss engineering tradition of course

also an SG 550 of course

make sure you note in your order on the conversion kit which color you want (black or green and grey)

>i contacted SAN

wtf I wrote them earlier this summer and they never got back to me.

i wrote them in german so maybe they ignored you since they knew you were a mutt

what were you asking them?

fair enough i guess. have you shot one before? i personally think they are really overpriced. it's a good rifle but it's a dated design and for 3k i'd rather get a sig sauer patrol 716 or something else in that alley.

is there much to gain with the 550 over the 551 LB besides being cooler?

>i'd rather get a sig sauer patrol 716
kek

any of you guys get in on the recent 550 group buy? they guy said hes no longer importing matching numbered complete rifles.

I wrote the US importer. Besides my brother wrote to RUAG last summer in English and they got back to him in a couple of weeks.

Hello JDI Firearms Inc.,
I was interested in potentially building a complete rifle from the parts that are currently listed on your site. However before committing to this project I would like to confirm from someone at your company on the list I have complied from your site to see if there are any missing components, redundancies, or incompatibilities. As it stands I believe this is what is needed for a completed and functioning rifle:

Item numbers:
Upper
-SANSG550CONV-DIOP
-SAN34552805
-SAN34552301
-SAN71009485
-SAN34554561
Lower
-SANSG550-lowerGRN
-SAN71009525
-SAN34556201

My second question pertains to your items being listed as backorder. I am aware of the challenging nature of most or all of the components having to be sourced from Switzerland, potentially receiving ATF approval, and finally shipping the items. I am also aware of the extended time it perhaps take to complete all of these steps. I was interested in perhaps understand just how long this process may take to complete? Thank you for your time and patience with my inquiries. Finally if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. Have a wonderful day.

-user

how much do these cost in the USA? I bought my PE90 in france like 5 year ago for less than 2k€.

he told me its 3-4 months for everything usually

Thanks fren I might start saving up now for one, thats not too long. If you have some spare time do you see any issues with the parts I have listed making a functional rifle?

SG551 LB then get barrel chopped threaded to accept your suppressor's muzzle device

Sig 550's have technically not been able to be imported into the US since 1989. I am petty certain the ones that have come in since have all been parts kits, basically what the ATF deems to be a pile of parts and not a functioning rifle. But to answer your question a proper sig 550 or PE90 will cost you ~$10,000-~$14,000 depending on what comes with the rifle and its condition.

Roughly twice that. More for an old import.

you have everything but SAN71009593

>Sig 550's have technically not been able to be imported into the US since 1989. I am petty certain the ones that have come in since have all been parts kits, basically what the ATF deems to be a pile of parts and not a functioning rifle.
wrong, they've been imported by JDI as both pistols and as barreled receivers

no demilled kits

Thanks fren for taking the time to do that.

Ohh, I thought they were assembling them here on US made receivers.

fuck this gay boomer who's importing them

"i got mine, only importing 100 so the pre ban prices stay high and the youngins can't have em,,,,. yup make sure to join the NRA sonny.."

like idgaf about the serial numbers but assembling one costs $3900 rather than $3450 so now you pay $450 over SAN MSRP for no reason

yeah np i actually missed the recoil spring so thanks

they also have the slings which i'd get

while i agree the $3450 ones didn't include the stock assembly which costs another $325 so the price difference isn't huge

I know, I just made that list to have a bare bones functional gun. I might honestly just order a part or two every other paycheck until I am left with just the upper and lower to get.

whats funny about that? i shot a friends 716 recently and thought it was pretty cool

nobody really wants to pay 3k+ for a 556 import rifle though

no but i hear theyre top of the line when it comes to craftsmanship so thats why i want one, on top of being coolguy and also a good rifle. just would like the nicest possible.

>Choosing the 550 over the 540

Attached: 2334723437.png (400x256, 63K)

540's aren't really available in the US tho.

Neither are all the rest of the SIG catalog that are not shit AR's.

Don't remind me of this evil...

I'm one of the lucky few who got in on that group buy, I know at least one other user on here did too.
I saw the chance to go for it and didn't want to miss out on a complete matching 550.
I've got all the other parts I need right now except for the gun of course and the bayonet lug which got delayed.
I'm just waiting to hear back once they get imported so I can give him my FFL info.
The ETA he originally told us back in April was 180 days minimum,
so they probably won't be here until October or later.

Attached: NLBxAcA.jpg (5184x3456, 1.72M)

so what made you go with the 550 over 551LB