Sup Jow Forums

Sup Jow Forums

I want an AR before the crackdown comes since trump is going to cuck again like he always does, what is an affordable platform that emphasizes
- Reliability
- Accuracy/Consistency
- Light weight

Attached: 1562956908297.jpg (406x500, 84K)

Bump

Attached: 1563994929515.jpg (722x767, 306K)

PSA upper, a 80 percent lower, stock, trigger, grip. Boom, rifle constructed. Get some good mags, ammo, and most importantly, range practice. Also, exercise.

Thanks fren

Should I worry about twist rate?

What's your budget?
Reason being i would trust a PSA upper like what says

1:7 or 1:8. anyone who tells you to go slower or faster is a retard.

Under 1K unless there's really a lot more to be gained - I'd prefer to spend more money on NVG/optics

where can I get a 1:6 barrel

That's a good budget, here's what i recommend
PSA Lower/80% Lower (All lowers are the same, you pay for rollmarks)
BCM/Aero Upper
Toolcraft BCG
Any grip/stock/lpk/trigger that you prefer/fits your budget
This setup gives you a rifle that will last a long time, the only pieces that truly matter on an AR is the barrel and BCG. Because of PSA's price point, i personally don't trust them for hard use

Definitely go for a psa. They're good guns for the money and you'll have some left over for ammo, which they'll go after as well

PSA lowers/LPK's are the only things i'd trust for hard use
They are great for range/plinking, but anything more is a gamble imo

Thanks a ton

This was exactly what I was looking for
Are you saying an 80% lower would not be good for hard use?

no they're fine, but80% lowers are only worth it if you have the tools, time, and patience to do it right.
Otherwise it might not turn out so great, and paying a gunsmith to do it kinda defeats the point

they exist for .224 wildcats but you might have to find someone to ream it for you

Have fun overstabilizing m193, which is the most common and cheapest round. Go 1:9 or go home.

If you own a 1:9 and it isnt a dedicated free float varminting build then youll never see the accuracy difference down range.
If youre using a non free floated gun youre shooting worse than someone with a 1:7 anyways

>trump is going to cuck again like he always does
I see you didn't actually listen to him. He said some dumb shit like video games causing violence, but he didn't call for any new bans and leaned on the "it's not the gun's fault" point several times. Nothing is getting banned and you're a dumb nigger for not having bought anything before now.

Attached: 1561748122405m.jpg (768x1024, 97K)

Thanks

Why are you posting Chinese food on Jow Forums?

Thats not a real snake dumbass

You've been living under rock if you think le based 4d Chess man is anything but anti-gun

Fuck off leftypol

Spbp
Psa is fine

Fuck, pro-gun***

Attached: Screenshot_20190805-193815_Instagram.jpg (1078x938, 486K)

He's a shills feigning concern. Repeat a lie enough and people will believe it.

I’ve been thinking the exact same thing as OP lately, although I’m new to the firearms scene. I found pic related, it’s online for about $600. It’s the C308, century arms. Would y’all think this is a good rifle?

Attached: 8559A818-47C7-49DE-8DFC-D10C6572F31F.jpg (1000x540, 763K)

They used to be a shitshow but apparently their 2019 cetmes are alright

That’s what I’ve heard, saw like a half hour video of it on YouTube. The guy said it was comparable to the AK or M4, but has a bit more range than either of them. My budget is around $500, but I could probably save up another week or so to get this if it’s any good.

PSA is fine for beginners who don't shoot as much
I recommended higher quality stuff since it sounds like OP wants to do drills and such, as well as practice more often

I have an older one, was my first gun I got when I turned 18 bout a decade ago. been a good rifle overall but have had to do work on it and it's currently down (I think I need new rollers or locking peace, been too lazy to fix it).

i'v put quite a bit of ammo through it though, but I can't complain for $350 that I paid for it used.

my issues have all been worn out parts, the gun is mostly surp with a new receiver and monkeys putting it together.

What are some other firearms that are suitable for buying a lower receiver and building it later?

I have an AR and AK one, the AK one is clearly much harder so I am liable to buy an AK in the next few months. But how difficult is it to build an CETME or a FAL from a lower? Are they easier than an AK to build from a parts kit but harder than a AR?

probably about as hard as an AK if I compare my PSL54c to my CETME.

bend the flat right, weld / bolt / rivet shit on, press barrel no?

The harder part would be the extent of the welding on a CETME / G3, a lot more than an AK.

>Welding

Shit that'll be tough. I got the AK receiver chiefly as a salve for my mind if something were to happen, but I think I will go ahead and get a 74 when I see one available soon. I don't have the money for the FAL in addition to that but I am thinking I'll do the same with a FAL and/or CETME lower. Better to have and not need than need and not have and all that.

Tough in the sense that I am a numbskull with shopwork.

I'v only done a bit of shop work, to include welding and I definitely would not try building even an AK.

I built an AR, but they are litteral lego guns. i'm happy with that.

Attached: IdcWcdn.jpg (2016x1120, 524K)

Lmao @ your endless 80% lower meme. Fucking just kill yourself, literal autistic 4 eyed faggot. Jesus Christ. Leave

Yeah, the AK was "I'll take it to someone and have them build it if they got banned in my state" (I know there'd likely be some handicaps with that but ways around it too). The AR I am not worried about I've just been stingy so it's been sitting around as a lower receiver to be put together eventually.

Nice stuff you've got.

>Vertical monitor playing weeb video
>Mostly milsurp
Checks out

Thanks.

Some day when I have a good bit of my own land, im going to NFA this and reweld it (or have it rewelded). This is my 'project' gun for the far future.

between the tax stamp, re-weld and enough practice ammo (looking at T.R.U.M.P. rounds, due to their easy readability aka just blank shotgun shells) to make it entertaining it's going to probably cost a few grand to get it up and running.... that is assuming I have all the parts I need and that it does in fact have the fireing pin, which i'm 90% sure but never have really bothered to look, and I can get the rolled steel chunk out of the barrel that is currently holding it together.

Attached: N2iSORZ.jpg (4032x3024, 1.31M)

heh, this is the rest of what you can't see.

Attached: rRjSN7w.jpg (4032x2268, 2.76M)

Miga!

>NoThInG wIlL bE BaNneD
Heard that lie before.

what's wrong with 80% lowers?

>P-p-please make sure your gun is known by the government goy, I promise nothing bad will happen
Kill yourself

why not privately buy a lower instead?

because some of us have the time and resources to properly machine out lowers?

Federal red flag laws

is your time truly worth less than a factory milled privately bought lower?

I'm more into surp than anything, but I just don't really get the point. I'v got plenty of guns that the government does not know exist from private buys, I have other things to do with my time.

but you have fun.

Attached: dySCr31.jpg (4032x2268, 954K)

Not everyone has access to unpapered second hand lowers.

idk man, gun shows are easy to go too, same with adds for in state sales, flea markets in some states even...

Attached: aHR0cDovL2kuNGNkbi5vcmcvcG9sLzE1NDg0MjMwNDcyNTkucG5n.png (860x746, 971K)

Just replace the barrel when you shoot it out

You need to check more state laws. In quite a few they do a lot to discourage it. But also fuck you making ARs off of 80%s is easy and you have no excuse not to do it.

Thoughts on the Ruger AR556 or S&W M&P Sport II?

>and you have no excuse not to do it.
I already own 2 AR's and have no plans for more. Plus I would need quite a bit of other stuff and it only becomes worth it if im planning on making a bunch of them, which im not. im not planning on even buying another.

Then stop talking and start buying.
Like now motherfucker
Dont come crying when that jew president bans semi auto rifles to secure his re election using the democrats.
I dont want to hear it! This is your warning

>muh gun show loop hole
Kys glowfag

Attached: 1557862018638.jpg (660x680, 158K)

There is no such thing as a gun show loophole you turbo cunt.

Attached: cwXZQAZ.jpg (4032x2268, 830K)

hey guise hows it going

Do not buy Century

Attached: Screenshot_20190805-205010_Instagram.jpg (1080x1268, 284K)

Mine runs alright. Ran into some problems with a magazine not wanting to feed properly, cheap surplus mags are finicky. Lubed it and ran it through the break-in period and it cycled fine. Accuracy is meh, more fun than practical.

1/8 would overstabilize that round?

Glowing

Also looking into building my own AR. Why would I not want to get a .223 wylde upper? Seems like the obvious choice due to ammo versatility.

a 5.56 upper can shoot 223 and 556 just fine. I bought a 223 Wylde upper, it really doesn't matter