New AK's

I'd like to get a new AK. What current manufacturers should I look at? I want something I can easily find, not something I'd have a drop in a bucket coming across. There's a few from Riley Defense that have my attention. Is Century really as bad as people make it out to be?

Attached: aeac54a49330919f3d01895541f5ba78.jpg (960x541, 80K)

Watch akou's videos. PSA, some century, Lee armory, wasr, rh10 and Yugo

Just buy zastava and make sure you have grenade launching accessories

Avoid domestically produced AKs like century c39's or RAS47s. That being said, their imports like WASRs are good to go. If you're not a poorfag or willing to wait and save up, arsenal's are very good. I own 2 myself, 7.62 and 5.45, and have never had any problems.

An Arsenal would be ideal but fuck. I never see them in stock anywhere.

But imported Centuries are alright?

Zastava.

I guess their goofy ass thumb hole stocks are easy to swap then?

just don't buy a thumbhole one in the first place. those are for communist states.

Attached: 1560687695192.jpg (1197x1134, 159K)

PSA
buy American
I promise I'm not a paid shill

garand thumb just did a video on one
I am a paid shill though

>buy American
american AKs are shit. every one of them has proven to be garbage.
>garand thumb
he's the biggest shill on GunTube.

Not trolling. But what's the point of 5.45? Only 2 domestic manufactures make them. If your going to get an AK. Best to not get one in a dead caliber. Even if its likely a better choice over 7.62 for first time gun owners.

Yes, at least WASRs are. I've heard the Hungarian AK63Ds are a mixed bag.

No shit, right. They are the go to AK rifle. And yet, they are nearly non existant. Those trade embargoes must have put the brakes on AK parts.

Well shit. They don't have any of those on their site.

Nevermind I was looking at their international site.

the Galil Ace is not a classic ak in many ways, but it is the absolute best and most modern 7.62x39 rifle in the world by far. of course i paid 1600 for mine so they aren’t for everyone

zastava is shit, no chrome lined barrel and wasr fit for arsenal prices

wasr or draco

$600 for a Riley Defense bruh. All day long. Get it! Shoot it! Shower with it! OohRah

How often do you shoot corossive ammo user? How often do you find Arsenals for $799?

A WASR is built like a standard AK, right? So it can accept any AK furniture and accessories?

You guys should've gotten them wwhen you could. Just keep checking. I got a 1p63 on my SLR 104 FR and its a straight shooter.

cl helps with general rust resistance and barrel life too. stamped arsenals can be had for that price especially at shows. plus zastava stuff can’t use standard stamped furniture. and again, the fit is on the same level as the wasr.

Idk, rifle dynamics looks fucking awesome. I’ll probably pick up one of their 7.62x39 sbrs up eventually and spruce it up with Russian furniture.

>rust resistance
Clean and oil your shit, chrome lined barrels are so common on combloc guns because corossive ammo was frequently shot through them. If you don't shoot corossive, it isn't a problem. How do ARfags cope? Or any other rifle platform that doesn't commonly see chrome-lined barrels?

>comparing a 2nd hand rifle to a bnib
Dude

so why should he pay 2-300 more for something with less features and furniture compatibility

Find me a new wasr right now for $500 and I'll suck your cock.

ok why should he buy it if it was $1 more

>I want a piece of shit

Cons of wasr10s:
The wood
The long trigger reset
Canted barrels
Poor finish

Definitive Arms

Not any AK furniture.
Not Yugo AK furniture, for example.
But any thing made for an AKM will fit a WASR.

chrome lining is hard and smooth.
Most people know that it increases rifling life and corrosion resistance but those are actually the less important things.
More importantly, it improves chamber extraction, especially with steel ammo, and also prolongs headspace life.

Attached: ak2.jpg (3870x3024, 3.5M)

buy as cheap as you can and only run Tula

what kind of extended safety is that?

Just get a wasr, serbshit is proprietary and USshit is trash.

Riley Defense is owned and operated by a former I.O. Inc exec. Avoid them. Lee Armory is also a piece of shit that falsely reported another AK builder to the ATF to try and remove competition. Century built AKs are bad, Century IMPORTED AKs are generally okay.

What would be the best way to find a good AK74? They seem a bit harder to find than 47s, which are fucking everywhere.

Nothing wrong with proprietary if it's good.

get rife of mighty Serbia
good quality and thick receiver make for easy kebab removal
Serbia stronk

Attached: DA2F2C86-A876-43A7-9321-405F6AEDB36B.jpg (4032x1002, 1.24M)

Get a WASR before the next ban.

Majority of Serbian guns in the US have normal 1mm receivers

it's an ambi safety.
you can find them on galils and sam7s and a couple others probably

WASR as just a shooter; I've handled and fired the newer production ones (from 2014 onward or so) and the fit and finish has gotten REALLY good. Century may have priced the AKs higher than they used to be, but part of the markup goes into better QC as well as their own pockets.

The only downside is that the wooden furniture is really shitty (very soft, cracks easily), so you'll have to spend $50 or so on surplus military wood.

How is Kalashnikov USA?

They look awesome but they still don't offer many variants and it seems like they're obsessed with selling AK platform rifles in 9x19.