/meg/ Military Enlistment General

Previous Conscript Edition

LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Info on sf86
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

Someone needs to update the discord link and I'm not doing it.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed)

Attached: 1452729184906.jpg (650x487, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stewsmith.com/linkpages/ALLrunningplans.htm
forsvarsmakten.se/sv/om-forsvarsmakten/varderingar-och-vision/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for 11b

Still taking USMC for the next hour or two.

Give it to me straight boys

Will joining the military actually help me get laid and stop being an incel?

the military doesn't make you a different person and joining to have sex is retarded.

if I enlist out of college (because I waited too long to contract) but hope to end up in OCS eventually, could I get away with lying about medical history and smoking pot in high school? I don't want to lie about these things, but everyone seems to say it's the way to go. Would that fuck me over if i ever get a shot at OCS?

but will it work? I just want pussy and all of the guys in my hometown that joined are getting laid.

How long did it take you to ship after going to MEPS, /meg/? I'm going on the 20th, and want to leave within 3 months, but I want to ship after my parents' anniversary on Oct 25th since there's a good chance they won't be together in 4 years.

Attached: 1554517414805.gif (960x540, 1.74M)

When I went to swear in, I got about 3 weeks before I shipped out. Depends on the MOS and slots available.

Five months. The MOS I wanted just wasn't very available at the time. On the upside, the hottest part of summer is over and AIT isn't too bad.

the things you can lie about to enlist are the same things you can lie about to commission.
i don't understand why you can't just commission right out the gate, however.

>i just want pussy
then get on tinder and don't be an out of shape sack of shit and you'll get some pussy. you're not going to get a queen but you'll get pussy.
i do not understand this mindset, just to be clear. putting pussy on a pedestal is not a good thing.

you can try to work with your recruiter but it depends entirely on your job

I am in shape, but I have no money and no social status, which military dudes do have. I get matches on Tinder but the girls all ghost me. It's not about pussy on a pedestal, I just don't want to turn into a bitter incel, and the first step is to get laid.

>military dudes have money and social status
social status is just an illusion and any girl who's fucked around with military dudes before knows this.
you're already a bitter incel, stop giving a fuck so much and don't join just to get laid. join for more reasons than that.

you could just go to school, though it's a bit late to apply to 4 years now...
schools have scholarships and aid directed directly at genuinely poor people and you'll be surrounded by horny girls there.

i am genuinely surprised this incel thing is getting to people. i had no idea.

The girls dont ghost you bc of anything other than you being boring to talk to. Learn game. Join if you want to work in the military as a job not to gain some edge when talking to girls.

Are we actually going to pull out of Afghanistan or is Trump memeing?

I'm not an incel, I'm not shooting up places or talking trash about women on the internet. I am going to school and the girls here all have boyfriends, so I have no chance

I've read up on game, but I can't use it if the girl just flat out ghosts me before we even meet. The military is a better paying job, and girls like money. The uniform is also attractive to a lot of women, so if they don't want to bang me for who I am, maybe they'll bang me for what I am.

>32
>have a full-time job in IT
>have a bachelor's degree
>working on meeting fitness requirements, but 90% of the way there

I'm considering joining the air force reserve or air national guard because I have extra time and I'm bored. Which one is better?

>which is better
stop asking these shit questions if you want nonshit answers.
guard varies heavily by state and unit.
im the asshole who thinks you're an idiot for enlisting with a degree so dont take my advice.

if you're bored and can't find productive shit to do that isn't boring without being told then that's you

Is there a site/any way to tell what jobs are available or in demand for the different branches?

19k and 13b don't require a clearance right? which one should i choose

not a public one that im aware of.
i wouldn't use that anyway, go for the job you want and nothing else.
why does this matter? you could say everything requires eligibility for secret clearance but you're unlikely to get such a clearance unless you happen to need it. majority of dudes dont.

if you can't attain a clearance then you probably can't join the military unless your concern is debt.
people who have broken the law can get clearances too.

How does it work when you pick your rate? I go to MEPS, take the ASVAB and get a physical, then they let me pick. Is it online, with a description of each job? Or just the job name and you ask questions? Will it say right there when the ship date is? Or will I need to ask? If all the jobs are shit, can I leave? Or could I tell my recruiter which one I want (assuming I qualify) and tell him to let me know when it's up?

Attached: 1557446633835.jpg (640x781, 53K)

>rate
im going to assume navy.
wasnt a sailor but sailors told me you go to meps, do your meps shit, and then speak with the navy liaison and they give you a list of rates you can sign for. they just rattle off the rates and will give a brief description.
you can probably ask to look at the screen but it probably won't help you learn anything that they won't tell you.
if the rates are all shit then technically you can decline and talk to your recruiter about returning when the rate is available. they may get pissy but it's your life and the next 4+ years are yours to deal with, not your recruiter's.

Stop what? This is my first time in this general. I honestly can't tell the difference between reserve and national guard. They both seem so similar and the descriptions that I've read seem to overlap one another.

>im the asshole who thinks you're an idiot for enlisting with a degree so dont take my advice.
Maybe I don't want to be an officer?

then how do green card holders join the military? there's a ton

i failed SFAS and RASP and still have 2 years until i ETS, ask me anything

Aight, since OP posted the pic Ill be here for a while.

Swedish Army recruiter, feel free to actually ask shit about conscription.

did you faggots break up with your girlfriends/wives before you enlisted? I've been told that every woman will cheat on you while you're away dying in some shithole... true?

Attached: 1543246290415.jpg (1024x1000, 475K)

foreigners can get clearances, user.
very few get TS, though. secret isn't really spooky stuff like you may think.
i just mean stop it a general sense. it's completely useless. what's best for you may not be best for someone else.
if you want to be enlisted that's on you, but you'll find that almost all enlisted dudes will tell you you're an idiot for doing it.
though it matters far less for weekend warrior commitments so there's that.
most people dont have gfs when they join im pretty sure.
it's up to you, but are you going to marry her? if not then it's probably not going to work out because long distance relationships and you'll be quite busy.

>but are you going to marry her? if not then it's probably not going to work out because long distance relationships and you'll be quite busy.

How does marrying her change any of that?

because then the military pays to send her ass along the ride and you would presumably live together.
realistically marrying just to see if you can make it work is dumb though.

Oh, okay, I didnt know about that. Then again, that kinda makes sense for an all-volonteer force.

>Will joining the military actually help me get laid and stop being an incel?
Why would women find you more attractive when they know you're poor and making shit money, and you'll be away a lot which would make any kind of relationship impossible?
Only women you'll be fucking will be cheap hookers which will love you long time for $100 a pop.

Heyo! Going to be shipping out for USMC boot camp in Sept. 23rd. and go straight into RECON training afterwards. What are some good pointers to take note of before I head into bootcamp and go in for RECON A&S?
Really appreciate any advice given!

Attached: mood.png (824x437, 605K)

bootcamp is whatever. just do what you're told.
get hazed for a bit.
move on.
recon training is a completely different ballpark and the vast majority of entry-level dudes who go in get dropped. it will be the hardest thing you've ever done in your life mentally and physically.

no shit you better be running a 285+ on the pft right now and you better be good in the pool.
the few drops i talked to about it said the pool was what caused most dudes to drop, followed by the rucks.
i wouldn't worry about the rucks right now, if you're in shape and learn to wear your gear properly in boot. look up how to wear a hiking pack and how the weight distribution should feel.
spoilers - most of the weight should be on your hip. the packs you're issued are actually good stuff, just be sure to adjust it right and you'll be fine.

gl dude

Thank you very much! PFT is roughly around 250 so far. I'll make sure to touch up on my swimming and just train my PT as hard as I can.

drop your runtime as much as possible between now and then.
i'd recommend you take the week off before boot to recover and just enjoy your last few days of freedom.
don't focus on gaining mass or anything, you'll likely lose it during boot.

most importantly don't injure yourself. if you're going 100% and shit starts hurting then chill for a bit. last thing you want is to not be able to ship in september.

Attached: 1525575345563.gif (373x252, 217K)

Martial arts is pretty important to me, how does the Army's combatives and MCMAP stack up against each other?

cant speak for army combatives but mcmap is pretty shit unless you really go to the upper levels. it's not hard to get a blackbelt and people do it in their first contract often enough.
getting red tabs is another story. though i wouldnt join just for mcmap, it's something you do on the side and idk how you end up at the MACE to be an instructor and contributor to the program.

Has anyone here taken the ATSB? I'm on the airwarriors website and they all emphasize the math part, but the study guides are very difficult and I want to know if they're accurate to what's on the test.

Shipping to Benning tommorow as 92R,any advice and how fucked am I?

do you regret joining

get lots of sleep before reception

You’re not infantry so literally just don’t quit or run away.

I'm a subhuman incel piece of shit, class 4 medically fit for ADF, no point living cos of ADHD.

Economics/Business Management degree, can't be bothered working, let alone wageslaving

I live in a shed, do gay ass k/ shit on my parents property n collect my centerlink then drop out of society for another week. Rinse and repeat each week.

Become a bitter incel is a good thing- depressing as fuck but you realised life has no fucking meaning.

I'm bitter as fuck. I bust a nut everytime some bitch is killed in a mass shooting, I watch gore videos of people getting raped and executed, and I laugh. That is the extent of my life

Probs just end it soon.

but yeah don't become like me

So I'm a Commonwealth citizen, and as it stands the two choices i have atm are the brits or the FFL, haven't decided yet, but i am leaning towards the UK for a couple reasons.

Which would be a better choice between the two?

unfit*

do you at least get Adderall? I really miss Adderall. Caffeine and nicotine just don't do the trick

yeah, I get ritalin la 30mg - it's the only reason i get out of bed
without it i'm fucked

what did you enlist as? You ever see a soft skill MOS go 13f or 11B innareg?

Realistically what are my chances of making it to Batt as a 68W if I op40? Some dude a few megs ago was saying it's basically only 11Bs and they just can everyone else

Like all things in the Army

"It depends"

That’s not true at all dude, they don’t drop people based on their MOS. The regiment is always hurting for people, especially non combat MOSs’. Get in good shape, make sure you can easily pass an RFT and you should be fine. Rasp is a lot of running so I would focus on that, but it’s not that bad. My biggest piece of advice though would be to not join the fucking army at all. The shit sucks balls.

What's a good run time to have for boot camp? Like what mile time should I want to reach, or how many miles should I be able to run consistently?

if you're not recon dude up there then just passing the IST is fine. 1.5miles in ~10 minutes and you'll have zero issues.
1.5 miles in ~12 minutes and you'll suffer but be ok.
if you're going recon then a sub 20min 3 mile would be playing it safe

I need sum MEPS tips.

>“Hurr muh coochie deprivation”
Shut the fuck up

drink water so you can pee. that's about all you need.

practice the duckwalk.
try to get a white doctor to examine you.
i don't know why but the Indians and Asians are way more strict and tend to DQ more

>duckwalk

yea

>He ended up backing out of the military
How did it all work out?

I'm 29 and going into the Navy. My 1.5 time is 10:35. I reckon I'm alright. According to what I've seen on different sites, the time needed to graduate basic training for my age is 13:45. I give myself the PFA every Monday and Friday, and my most recent scores were 67 pushups, 71 situps, and a 10:36 1.5 mile run.

I wish I had your scores dude

It took me about a year to get to where I am now. Last September is when I began working out, and I couldn't even do a lap around the track before the lactic buildup in my calves got to me and I quit on myself. I set a timer to 2 minutes and tried doing pushups and situps before running, and they were both abysmal. I'm talking less than 20 pushups and about 15 situps in 2 minutes. I could have thrown in the towel and said "You know what, clearly I'm not meant for this, I'll try something else." But I was sick of feeling weak. I'm a skinny dude - I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 150 pounds - and seeing my scrawny arms shaking after doing less than 20 pushups really opened my eyes to the sad state I was in.
I just kept plugging away at it. 3 days a week became 4, and then 4 days a week became 5. I made it up to 6 days a week of running at one point. I wasn't going fast, or far, but I was consistently doing it. Two programs that helped me were the pushup program Stew Smith put out, and his program for beginner runners.
For pushups, I did 200 throughout the day in as few sets as possible on MWF, and did 200 in 50 rep sets on T/Th/Sa.
For running, I started with his Intermediate plan on here
stewsmith.com/linkpages/ALLrunningplans.htm

Try it out, it helped me immensely.

Attached: 1557036807858.jpg (448x420, 40K)

Those are good scores. My suggestion is to hold back a bit in boot camp or basic. If you're running without breaking a sweat while everyone else is falling out of formation, or you're doing push-ups fast while everyone else is shaking, you're going to get special attention and smoked harder than others. Don't do that to yourself.

Just took the AFOQT blind, and let me say: FUCK Charts.

>navy
>10:35 mile n a half
you're fine and will be surprised at how out of shape a lot of dudes are there.
you're literally in better shape than most of the navy.

Swore in the end of August and shipped out the end of October

Took the edpt this morning, I'll take questions.

The test is old as fuck and I swear the word association is something out of mkultra or some kind of cia Good got test.

was in the marines and didnt even know this was a test we used.
apparently only the marines and air force use it still.
what job are you trying to get that requires the test?

Swe here.

I wanted to do military service during the years of voluntary service. I didn't even got to mönstra, due to filled quotas.

Nowadays everyone I know, including myself, have zero trust in the swedish military leadership. I'm not going to die for people's right to molest children while myself don't even have free speech.

Attached: D_IC13aXoAAcPeB.jpg (359x579, 90K)

Aight, cool blog post, what was your question?

Attached: _MG_1513.jpg (1200x800, 755K)

Is there a possibility to voice disagreement about Försvarsmakten taking clear sides in civil matters, while being employed there?

Also, as a recruiter, do you even try to sell Försvarsmakten as a nice employer, or do you rely solely on interest generated from "we don't always march straight"?

Attached: 1565127739749.jpg (640x1136, 97K)

Like 90% of the people who has worked for more then two weeks voice opinions that disagree with whatever weird shit the HQ has decided this week. Usually on unit-related things, but nothing is excluded.

I really dont expect to recruit anyone here, but even I who is an actual faggot dont think Försvarsmakten should walk around in the pride parade. We as recruiters are actually encourage to not only talk about all the nice things, but mention the parts that can be controversial, ineffective or otherwise poorly managed. So that we dont recruit a shitload of people with false ideas that then leave after a few weeks because what the recruiter told them didnt turn out to be reality.

No. Go workout and get in great shape. Get some decent clothes and a haircut. fuck a hooker a few times to get out of the weeds on the sex part, you will find its really not that big of a deal. Then go on POF or tinder and get to work on setting up a few dates.

Contrary to what many maladjusted internet "autists" believe, that kind of things isn't down to absolutes, just as "freedom of speech" isn't about being able to say anything whatsoever without ever facing any consequences for it. So if you can voice your disagreements depends on what disagreements you want to voice. If you simply think they should keep a somewhat lower profile on some issues then that in itself is likely ok (but keep in mind that a large number of racist assholes thinks it's horrible that Försvaret is vocally ok about some things, so depending on which issues you're worried about here you may end up standing a bit too close to the shitshirts for people not to think you stink as well). Should what you voice end up falling under, say, incitement on ethnic grounds (hets mot folkgrupp) then you may end up looking for a new job pretty soon.
Beyond this,a re you sure you're only upset about them taking sides, and not about the side they have taken? They do have a set of values written out that their work is to be according to. By and large, odds are that the taking of sides that they've done follows naturally from those values. If you don't agree with them then it'd be best for everyone involved if you didn't sign up, just like a militant vegan won't do very well working for McDonalds.
forsvarsmakten.se/sv/om-forsvarsmakten/varderingar-och-vision/

But why the fuck would they want your ageing MÖP ass in the first place?

Hello friends

I'm thinking of joining the Idaho Air Guard. My major in college is environmental science, so I'll be working for federal or state government my entire life via the BLM, forest service, Idaho fish and game etc.
I figure having active duty status or vet on my resume will help me ez mode into good jobs for the government, do you think thats true?

In highschool I also got prescribed a fuck ton of depression/anxiety pills that I'm getting off of now, and I won't be applying until I'm entirely off them. How do I explain I'm normal now, or should I lie about being on them at all ever?

If I get a good score on my ASVAB, can I squeeze them for a signing bonus?

In the guard is the saying true "One weekend a month, 2 weeks a year"? How often do we train?

Thanks for you help

Attached: 1511417625677m.jpg (1024x672, 130K)

>ez mode
the reality of the workforce is nepotism and cronyism reign supreme
Given today's society, more people discriminate against veterans than show any special treatment
Even the dude with a "support our troops" will give a favor job to his friends friends hot relative, 10/10
Serve cause you want to, you won't get much preferential treatment

Thanks for sincere answers. I really don't give a shit about people's sexual preferences. Don't ask, don't tell (however, not as harsh as the real DADT policy was, regarding what you do on your personal time) doesn't sound so horrible to me.

Sounds great that you try to mentally prepare people. I remember some news articles about recruits complaining that their feet hurt from marching on asphalt, etc.

I'm personally against all hate speech legislation. Doesn't mean that I "practice hate speech", however, I consider the US model to be much better.

But, also, like any employment you should keep your personal/political beliefs to yourself.

>But why the fuck would they want your ageing MÖP ass in the first place?

I'm sub-30, civilingenjör in engineering physics, specialized in applied mathematics. I'd probably work as a contractor I guess, or fmundsäkc. Never really thought about working as an infantryman.

Do you nod by when you see another service member in uniform?

Will recruiters find it suspicious if I'm 22 and have been a NEET since high school?

>wanted to join military all my life
>got depressed in HS
>was hospitalized (wasn’t forced by state tho)
>they say my records are sealed
>do not have depression anymore
Lads am I still fucked??

No means new opportunities
Yes means your enlistment ends

Just got a 55 on my OAR today.
Feeling like I might make it, boys.

Will having a ts clearance actually get me good civilian jobs later on or am I being lied to?

If you keep it updated and complete post secondary education on your own time.

Why is SSD1 so bad?

they dont care. they've seen worse.
also sort yourself out dude wtf how do you manage that?

it is great for general job security but the whole "a ts = 6 figure jobs ez" is bullshit in a lot of ways.
you won't have problems finding jobs in general with a clearance, but you will want a degree to actually make much money outside of contracting.
and not many people want to spend 20+ years working as a contractor at the same level. even contractors require degrees to move up internally.

>require degrees to move up internally
But why?

Had no motivation to find work or go to school and my parents enabled it.

Is it true that the Navy is far better than the airforce for off-the-street to pilot slot?

>records are sealed
They are. How long ago was this?

>Thanks for sincere answers. I really don't give a shit about people's sexual preferences. Don't ask, don't tell (however, not as harsh as the real DADT policy was, regarding what you do on your personal time) doesn't sound so horrible to me.

Yeah, while I may not agree fully on that, I get your point

>Sounds great that you try to mentally prepare people. I remember some news articles about recruits complaining that their feet hurt from marching on asphalt, etc.

What can I say, retards exist everywhere, and they tend to the loudest ones too

Attached: pbv401-skrotning1.jpg (496x309, 59K)

Stupid question but I’d appreciate it if someone answered as to quell my autism. I’m a 5’8 manlet and I’m not fat or anything but I was wondering if the alcohol I’ve been excessively drinking the past few days will stay in my system in someway. My MEPS physical is on the 9th and I plan on no longer drinking but I’ve been going deep the past 3 days. Will it be detected in my blood or urine? Will they do saliva tests?

because it was written by retard SGM/CSMs that are so detached from being a junior they forgot what soldiering is about