How do you detect spiked ammunition?

Attached: Boobytrapped AK Magazine.jpg (1449x2048, 529K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfYkMg_h81M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh...wow. Infographic says X-RAY. I guess my question would be how to do this without X-RAY. I'm curious how the communist forces during the Vietnam War dealt with this issue. Kind of scary to have something blow up in your face.

It says "Tapco" or "Century" on the side. Sponsored by Glock

Attached: glocknade.jpg (2094x1729, 1.24M)

This is actually pretty cool from a historical standpoint.

It says on the graphic "a dip stick to slide in between the rounds would give a valid indication of a booby-trap."

>KKM precision
Glocks btfo'd

What about the rounds themselves? I guess a food scale or something. Double or even triple loaded ammunition would put your weapon out of action, and possibly make the user combat ineffective.

To add, I wonder what type of sabotage explosive would replicate the same weight as the target ammunition? Hmm.

You need to be a noob to not notice something like that

Seems like it would add quite a bit of weight to the mag. I would hope you would notice the difference between a normal empty magazine and an empty magazine filled with ball bearings by holding it in your hand.

The rounds on the top are supposed to make it feel like a full mag.

>bakerlite
nice spelling

I'm pretty sure there was a big deal about bad ammo being dumped somewhere to make the people using it lose hands not that long ago. I think it was this decade, even. Some people were throwing around the term "war crimes", but I don't remember anything really coming from it.

See if the sealant at the neck of the case has been fucked with?

EODfag
>properly spiked ammo?
You won't.
It will be manufactured on the same machinery using the same components including case neck sealants etc.
>why you don't use recovered cache ammo thru captured AKs

It was in Syria, Assad has been ordering the military there to "abandon" ammo dumps to the rebels/ISIS but the ammo is tainted with explosives in place of powder causing the guns to blow up. The US Military does the same shit in Afghanistan though the Taliban aren't retards and buy their own ammo/test ammo they find from raided Afghan Military Outposts. Though ISIS in Afghanistan are total retards and it happens a lot to them, I'm surprised they're still around there considering they have both the Taliban and US/Afghan Gov't wanting them dead.

>Yugos blowing up Izzy bakelites
Those bastards.

Attached: 350.jpg (680x904, 62K)

Just reloading with ETN. Makes 15.000.000 bar inside the Chamber and bloß your face away. So easy.
BTW, never drop some HE Ammo inside a range, brings New rule with it

The Germans did a similar trick in WW2. The M39 egg grenade had different type of fuses available, including a 0 second fuse for use in booby traps. So the Germans would leave behind grenades with 0 second fuses hoping the enemy would find them and try to use them as conventional grenades. The enemy would pull the cord before throwing (like on the stick grenade) only for it to blow up immediately.

Attached: grenade_model_39_eihandgranaten-1.jpg (550x380, 102K)

Im not sure if based but germans are funny. Holding a grenade makes you a living S-Mine for your mates.
Pic related a 0 second fuses injury

Attached: 3-Figure4-1.png (676x540, 529K)

They also made bombs with delay timers, specifically to kill British EOD. They'd fall out of the sky in Britain, land without blowing up, as if it were a dud, and after a while blow up, hopefully while a Tommy bomb squad was working on it.

Thats based, Im sure the bongs are retarded because the germans fucked them up for a long time.

Cringe. No, you fucking summerfag wehraboo nigger, the bongs just left them alone for a few days after that.

Pistol development should have stopped with the hi-power

use an equal weight of dirt/sand so the primer charge will squib the barrel. what would thermite do?

>Double or even triple loaded ammunition
that only works for pistol ammo

factory made rifle ammo is almost always loaded to the brim with powder so no double load would be possible

handloaded ammo might contain less cubic space of powder, but a double load on a rifle roud is next to impossible
(no cowboy loads don't count)

purposely loaded with wrong powder is undetecable though
variances in brass weight and bullet weight are so high that you cannot determine if the wrong powder is in the case

this . Filling with real explosives makes it less than 5% heavier and can kill you with the gun

I wonder how they test ammo..Some Roman decimation type shit like shooting off one round out of every 10 from a safe distance with a string?

You can absolutely overcharge rifle ammo. I could fill a pistol cartridge with H110 and not have it blow up. Pistol powders that are designed to burn very quickly because of the shorter barrels have to be loaded relatively light because the chamber pressure climbs more rapidly. All rifle powders burn relatively slow because they have enough barrel length to let all the pressure build behind the bullet, but if you filled a rifle cartridge with Accurate #5, it would nuke your rifle.

did my post give you reason to doubt the context I posted ?

Using dogs (only for some kind of explosives) and possible x-ray(yeah nO). Explosive fillings has no granulate, so its a dense or compressed powder.
>7.62x39
>Case capacity is 2,31cm3 - bullet
>can hold around 45gran RDX
>delivers 12400 ft/lbs energy
>170000bar pressure

Attached: ssd.jpg (768x507, 48K)

Haha, fuck I only read the first half of your post. My bad.

The grenade pin on the bottom is a pretty big giveaway
Still, rigging fucking magazines to explode is pretty crafty

It basically did. Of course, material science has changed drastically and striker fired pistols have become more popular. With the exception of materials used, though, any given modern pistol isn't going to be much different than Browning's or colts designs

No, the idea was that when you wanted it to become a booby trap you pull the pin and leave the mag to be picked up.
They overran a group of fighters before they could set up the booby trap

Attached: fullsizeoutput_1479.jpg (3856x3024, 2.73M)

that was for safety, you would remove the pin and then plant them on dead enemy combatants, or behind enemy lines in supply caches.

I'd hate to be the dumb civy that tries to loot corpses in that conflict.

Why bother with that shit? Just fill the cartridge with high explosive or with a fast-burning pistol or shotgun powder in place of the normal rifle powder.

Hey I'm pretty sure that's banned by the Geneva convention!!!!!!!!

So is letting two hundred thousand civilians die in starvation. Nazi were scummy fucks.

Try proving it though.
>Oops we accidentally left behind a crate of grenades with the 0 second fuses. Hope nobody will think they're regular grenades, tee-hee.

Only the losing factions have to face the Geneva Convention afterwards, and they generally have other worries at that point. The winning factions are the ones applying the GC afterwards to mop up those they didn't manage to kill during the war. Unless these loser individuals have useful knowledge; then they are excempted. Would you like a Paperclip?

don't worry mate

overcharging is absolutely possible with any kind of cartridge

>but if you filled a rifle cartridge with Accurate #5, it would nuke your rifle.
absolutely

>I'm pretty sure that's banned by the Geneva convention!!!!!!!!
If international war crime had been a thing in the 1700s, going prone / hiding behind trees / literally anything other than standing in a line waiting to get shot would have been a war crime. But history is written by the victors, so American history books refer to it as "a clever and unique strategy".

The Taliban actually uses dogs for that? I thought those types of breeds were really expensive to attain and train?

I had that breed you mention. But most normal dogs can do this job, its training and thats it

So essentially the only way for the superior force or whatever its called is to go "General Sherman" and kill all the blood hounds. Interesting.
youtube.com/watch?v=CfYkMg_h81M

Nope,like 90% of dog breeds. Shepherd,Laos, bloodhounds and 56%dogs