/akg/ AK General

Alpha Group edition
>thread #869

Old thread:

Attached: Ebfe7jf.jpg (1200x900, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak-47-rifle-m10-762-diy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ive been holding on to a 1989 Polish Tantal parts kit for a while now. Original barrel. Anyone have an idea of the value of this these days? For a while it was a pipe dream to assemble my own. But those days are gone. That and i have no need for another 545 rifle.

Exhibit #999999 of why OP is a faggot
>the shittiest image to start an akg thread ever

Hey

Attached: 20190614_210550.jpg (3118x1960, 3.46M)

Begone boomer

Why such a pipe dream? Just go for it dude.

So much to love, except for the buffer tube stock adapter

Still waiting for those 5.45s you Bulgarian fucking shit peasants

The catfag has a better looking rifle

Literally all that shit on that AK is nothing but gucci trash that doesn't make it any better than it was without it, it has a capped red dot, rail covers, with TWO finger rests, flip ups that are comically large, and the retard is holding it entirely wrong. Shall I go on?

>that pressure pad location
>VFG with random extra finger rest
>pistol grip off a bolt action
>adjustable cheekrest unused. decides to just chinweld for the skyscraper optic weight
>IR laser. no NODS
>installed another rail ontop of the rail of his gasblock

Ah a poorfag and a boomer I see

>FAB defense
>"gucci"

How are the WBP fox rifles?
I've heard some say they're a shittier wasr, but others are saying they're better than arsenal.

>poorfag
Not even a tumor of a boomer, I just know that none of that crap is going to improve the actual functionality of the gun, it literally radiates coward duty airsofter bullshit

You could have posted your own gun, but no, you chose a souless picture you found on the internet when you typed in "cool AK".

KYS

As far as Gucci crap for AKs go which is better SRVV or Zenitco?

Hey fags,
what's the best easily available 7.62x39 mags I can get?
And best ammo? 8M3?
Thanks, based /akg/

that OP ak is worse than COD shit.
you can tell that they just cobbled as much of their garbage product as they can onto it to fill every square inch for promo pic purposes.
god help you if you unironically setup your ak like that.

fuck off

best minimal mlok handguard/rail for an 11.5" build, GO!

Zenitco

>mags
Hungarian new steel if poor. circle10 if rich
>ammo
golden bear or american eagle.
quality and consistency>hollowpoint gimmick

Tepco ;^)

TDI

No time. Don't want to buy the tools needed for a one time use. I could always pay someone to do it, but...i dunno. Guess im just getting old and lazy.

oof

oh fuck I'm in /akg/. I'm literally blind.
Well thanks for the suggestions anyways, off to /arg/

Posted in last thread right as it died. They are kinda exactly what they advertise themselves as. A solid middle ground option between a wasr and an Arsenal. The honest truth is they have not been around for long enough to be a known entity like other rifles. If you can afford it I would encourage you to get one but if not a wasr will serve you fine. The build quality on mine was excellent, everything was straight and it was properly zeroed out of the box. Finish isn't exactly amazing but its not that awful shitty parkerization. I bought the WBP trigger and put it in to avoid the problem Rob saw with the carrier tail splashing and it's really pretty crisp and light. Rifle shoots great and I think is a pretty solid choice.

Attached: romantic date with fox.jpg (3264x2448, 1.86M)

t.triggered libtard

Dont tell me you browse Jow Forums and dont own at least one of each

to get one fully tricked out is about 1350.
thoughts

Attached: ar ak.png (1782x898, 2.07M)

Baste

>mags
thanks sounds good
>ammo
are you sure? can you explain? it is for defense if that clarifies anything

i used to browser /arg/ but theyre too meanie so i came here

Does anyone make a nice wood buttstock and handguard replacement for a factory saiga?

oh.
then get some hp.
the hp are all pretty similar. 8m3 just has some extra scoring on the inside.

Attached: fence.jpg (2271x3022, 3.69M)

>Libtard

What about my post denounces a political affiliation?

Did your single synapse not work?

Attached: 09c.png (600x656, 353K)

thanks. dunno if I want to keep this Colt 640 build I did or sell bits and bobs and turn it into a more practical setup. Thus my question about a rail.
The AK is a WASR with a romdong and an AMD brake

Attached: larp.png (1598x1274, 2.09M)

Hide your dog

Nice.
Lmao nice try tony I still know you are black

the 9mm aks look so badass.
really considering getting one of those 9mm dracos

I like your AR setup
If you want more practical go for a retro RDS mount

also nice german border police jacket bro

exquisite

The beryl style FOXs are $1,129, the other one is an Atlantic build with WBP parts to try and make a beryl copy in 7.62x39. If that's what you want then go for it but it's totally gonna be up to you whether that's worth the price

I'm in a strange situation. I bought a full set of refinished AK furniture from Soviet Stocks. Problem is, I was a big retard and didn't realize that NPAP's don't take standard furniture. I sold the NPAP; however, I still have a very nice set of furniture left with no AK to hold it. What's the best rifle I could put the furniture on? I'm looking for something in the ~$1000 range that would look good with a cut down barrel, as I'm looking to make my first SBR.

Attached: 1551898395746.jpg (936x858, 63K)

Draco is the only sbr length ak that would look good with akm wood

RH 10 I guess? SLR 107cr would be a better rifle but idk how great it's gonna look with wood, but hey its your gun.

it's 1129 but it needs the beryl stock and top rail.
The one that's already pseudo beryl has a fucked barrel length and was one of their garage builds.

I meant quad rail

>1350 for a wasr
what the fuck are you smoking

Attached: pathetic.jpg (720x493, 36K)

there is no middle ground
price is irrelevant in the market
AK is either genuine military production spec manufactured in arms plant, or is trash replica

As I understand it the WBP rifles are made on a genuine military production line moved to a privately owned factory, so would you say they meet that standard or are they just a "trash replica"

How much are plum Russian 74 mags going for nowadays?

Probably $45 like all AK-74 mags these days

I'm having a hard time finding them for sub $60, but every once in a while I snag a couple off gunbroker for like $42.

Yikes, then they've continued to go up. Pretty sure I saw them on k-var for $45 a few months ago.

Attached: offical hoodie of akg.png (720x1280, 288K)

Apex had them for $47 a few months ago and now they are up to $60.

milspec aks should last at least 80k rounds. considering the paint on bare metal finish and the shitty warping parts that rob's tests showed after only a few thousand rounds, they are simply not up to that standard.

Warping?

trash
if you were president of small landlocked country in Eastern Europe would you arm your people with WBP. The answer is no. I don’t care if the rifle shoots fine it’s not real AK. When you shoulder SAR1, even with cuck features, you can tell this rifle is made for killing

he is presumably talking about the bolt carrier tail. got fucked up by the century hammer. a different trigger should fix it but it shouldn’t have happened at all.

Can confirm that with the WBP trigger intended for the gun I have seen zero deformation. Haven't put a massive amount of rounds through it yet but at this point rob was starting to see peening and mine is still pristine. Comparing the two the polish trigger feels better anyways imo.

Still need to fix the brass ejection on this one. It has chewed the FUCK out of my EOTech and dust cover.

Attached: AK.jpg (2201x1403, 3.94M)

that fucking rail

Attached: melty.jpg (125x125, 3K)

want to keep wood but also want a foward grip. so palm swell or dong, /akg/?

Go with a dong. Bonus points if you're gunning for a sidefolder Khyber-Pass fucker.

I needed one Alpha Operator AK bro.

I like the grip real estate and the weight really isn't THAT bad - 9lbs with a full mag. That being said, I had to lose the 4 piece flash hider, just use it when I'm shooting around people. 8 ounces on the end of the barrel throws the gun way off.

Attached: ----------------------------------_----------31.jpg (1280x800, 553K)

Just bought a vepr FM from the restock. coming in 5 days. so fucking hyped.

You do know those had an adjustable gasblock right?

Attached: oh.gif (230x290, 1.48M)

do these rails need you to remove the handguard retention lever on the bottom part?

I’m so fucking tempted to finally pull the trigger on one right now. I’d be poor after I bought one, but poor with an ak

>I’d be poor after I bought one, but poor with an ak
Being poor is something you can remedy though. Rice, ramen, eggs, and other inexpensive foods are your friend.
Enjoy your new rifle, user

Attached: 1442471689837.jpg (640x640, 105K)

>two red dots
y tho

Damn. That engraving.
Too bad it’ll be totally fucked after u open the dust cover

Because racegun

a man with an izzy quadstack can do whatever he wants user
after all maybe these are just training weights for him

Whoa. You don't open anything. You set it on a shelf in a glass case to look pretty. Don't want to go devaluing your guns by shooting them or touching and disassembling them.

Attached: 1442471626565.jpg (640x640, 68K)

I don't even own an AK, but I hate /arg/ so much. Worse tripfags on the board.

anyone know what a RAK-1 trigger is and if its better than a tapco G2?

What do you mean? The lever and retainer work the same on these as any other rail.

He's referring to the lower handguard retainer and how you have to chop it for some (magpul) long handguards, I believe.

sorry for politics but my friends is asking me if the Walmart shooter had any extra AK mags? Since I’m the gun enthusiast. He’s wondering how he killed 22 injured 24 with the single 30 round mag it looked he had from the security camera photo.
I haven’t been following the news so I really don’t know what to tell him.

His question, not mine honest.

I got one too. Maximum comfy.

Who keeps letting the /arg/ fags make threads?

its century's in house trigger, and it's a little lighter than the g2

Hey /akg/ would you recommend me buying this and building it? I already have a set of east german furniture and can't find any WASR's within my price range.

I'm retarded, here's the link
atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak-47-rifle-m10-762-diy

Currently own a decent ar, but I'm not a fanboy by any stretch. Convince me why I should sell it and switch. I'm already eyeing that 1000 rounds of wolf steel case for under $200 everywhere, that's a good start

do what you want faggot, why do you need approval? time to leave mommys basement and start thinking by yourself

Ak's look better than AR's. You can have nice wood furniture on an AK but you can't on an AR without it looking autistic.

Late reply but to put in my two cents, there is nothing wrong with Morrissey receivers. They are made by the same people in the same factory as Nodak Spud. Functionally, they are great, but people prefer to use higher end receivers like 74Ullc and Recreator Blanks because of the high attention to detail such as proper size/placement of welds, mag well dimples etc. If you aren't someone who needs a super authentic looking receiver, and one that just works, it will do you just fine. More important is who put it together and if they did a good job.

I haven't done anything, and have nothing to ask approval for. Asking about why others prefer AK, in akg seems pretty normal. Not sure why you feel the need to sperg

>convince me
no

I bought an AR first and now I literally don’t shoot it and sold it. AKs are more fun to shoot and look better imo. They are great because of the history and nuance. It’s hard to put into words but they just have much more soul than a AR, I feel like when you have fired 1 ar you have fired them all but not AKs

What are these rail covers?

So how does the butt pad mount onto a poly/plastic stock? I have an east german one but it came with no hardware. Does the butt pad just pop onto it or does it screw onto it somehow?