How are pocket knives for self-defense? Particularly a 3¼" folding Kershaw, if that's what you're wondering

How are pocket knives for self-defense? Particularly a 3¼" folding Kershaw, if that's what you're wondering.

I'm about to do some Pokémon GO at night in the outer suburbs of my state's most major city.

Attached: alina-li-unrelated-2.jpg (800x533, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1741859
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

better than nothing

I would rather use fixed blade than folding for anything combat related. Folders are for opening boxes etc.

Attached: 20325.jpg (361x600, 25K)

The loser of a knife fight dies on the scene, the winner dies in the ambulance. Honestly if you don't have a carry a handgun, just run away if they have a knife.

How does the old saying go, "Nobody wins in a knife fight"

Is nuclear war a knife fight between countries?

Attached: 1501088821706.jpg (3264x2448, 2.8M)

this.
knives are useless. Nobody feels them in a fight.

>Nobody feels them in a fight.
That only happens with good knives.

According to the english merely thinking about one will cause irreparable harm

So OP needs a shiv?

Attached: 1562705427036.jpg (477x724, 189K)

Statistically, I don't think this is true. There's an infographic floating around about injury rate by self-defense method, and I think no defense at all was safer than knife. I'll try and find it/its source.

>So OP needs a shiv?
I mean, they're certainly a lot more fun.

>I'm about to do some Pokémon GO at night in the outer suburbs of my state's most major city.
If you think you need a weapon before going somewhere, carefully evaluate your reason for going and the value thereof.

Attached: 1543243211787.png (319x317, 255K)

Pretty sure if you're approached by a group of attackers, having a weapon on you will increase your chance of getting hurt.

Not really, this literally all depends on a person's skill and the scenario. Picture if we are on a beach, using big ass Bowie knives, I reach down and pocket sand you from the earth itself? It can blind/distract for yoy to get one good thrust followed by you just running the fuck off, because that person just got stabbed and is now bleeding the fuck out as you run away. Or what if you pull a knife out on OP at night, he pocket sands you with like 3k lumen flashlight, followed by him stabbing you in the throat. I just say all this cause you need to Google how many knife attack/fights happen. How often ppl actually live from it.

usually if one party has a larger knife the other will run off

there's a lot of factors too, blade size, blade belly, how big will the wound channel be if you land a thrust or slash, reach/arm length, how much fabric are you wearing, does one guy have pocket sand, how fast can you close the gap, can you trip him and can you get hold of the opponents knife wrist

>not carrying pepper spray to go with your knife

if they can't see they can't fight

>pepper spray
Why not pocket sand?

Attached: giphy.gif (345x194, 1.96M)

Source I remember seeing was the british home office.
Was this the graph you were looking for?

Attached: Selfdefensewithfirearms.png (549x383, 21K)

what if you don't get a good handful or miss their face

Then you just might surrender, stab and rape yourself. Pocket sand is the easiest self defence weapon there is.

Carry a pocket-knife, but only because they are useful tools to have around, not because you plan to use it for self-defense.

Like and said, if you plan to fight someone with a knife you should also plan on being cut up yourself. You don't want some nasty fucker's blood-born pathogens getting mixed in with your own blood, do you?

Instead, you should use a blunt weapon like pic related. There's a reason that guys jumping into trenches often opted for makeshift clubs, because blunt force trauma will fuck people up.

Attached: blackjack_sap_1.jpg (816x579, 29K)

Really this is all OP needs

>I'm about to do some Pokémon GO at night in the outer suburbs of my state's most major city.
kys

Attached: 1555812602307.png (434x524, 250K)

Yeah, that's the one. If it is the British Home Office, I'd take it with a grain of salt. They have a special relationship with knives.

Just buy a gun or a taser. You can get a hi point for ~100 bucks.

Knife fighting is a fickle fucking issue. I carry a Karambit and would use it for self defense in the right situation but mostly it's just for opening boxes and tricky packaging. If you want to use a knife for self defense you should really train in it's use a fair amount.

I used to travel to Philippines on business and learned Kali with some people I worked with there. Silat is another great martial art from Indonesia where edged weapons are emphasized. There are guys at my Kali gym who can still kick my ass but I've got enough knife training that I feel good going up against your average shithead I might have to fight. I'd still rather avoid it if at all possible.

If you don't already know how to fight it's not going to help and you might be killed with it. Pocket knives are tools.
>outer suburbs
Just leave your grey hoodie at home.

Or... the loser of a knife fight gets his ass blasted by forest police after getting BTFO'd by a 2.75" folder, while the winner rides his goddamned mountain bike 7km for medical assistance and does an interview from his hospital bed the next day. The loser in this case being a 350lb grizzly bear. It's more about how much you want to carry on living than anything else.

bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1741859

This isn't too far off from the truth either. The winner usually dies in the ambulance, but in the chance he survives, he'll die from old age in prison. There is no "legal" knife self defense. a court will view a knife as a tool of murder most of the time, and it's been this way since our nations founding. Only a gun is the appropriate and LEGAL means of self defense.

This. Deploying less lethal at some point against an attacker before using lethal forced will look waaaaay better in court. From a tactical perspective its a pretty good idea too. Even spraying somebody before hitting them can give you the advantage.