Would it be stupid to put a red dot on this?

Would it be stupid to put a red dot on this?

Attached: 4E310D73-5045-4AAC-8194-F6611E10EEB8.jpg (1000x1000, 58K)

yes.

nah

Obviously not

no

i have holosun on mine

Not really, especially if you’re planning to use it for hunting ~100 yards and in. It would make a good brush gun in such a configuration.

I feel like Ruger missed an opportunity by not making their scout rifle compatible with stripper clips.

Attached: sks-load.jpg (527x360, 26K)

Savage did the same stoopid, at least the 110 scout can use magcrap from the get go and don't weight a ton

Attached: jouj.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

a little

Hey dumbass. The ruger uses the same magpul aics mags

yeah because the ghost ring is pretty good for close quarters

yes

The ruger is overpriced.

If it's small and on a high quality qd mount, no.

No, that's kind of a cool idea actually.

Yes. Scout scope or irons only.

The ruger is way closer to making weight. 6.25 pounds vs the 7.5 of the savage

a forward mounted red dot is basically the whole point on a scout rifle like that. Also checked

Attached: hitlerkirby.jpg (1000x929, 90K)

stripper clips have literally no purpose at any time after 1950. Every country is now capable of producing reliable, cheap, lightweight detachable magazines.

Clips are lighter, cheaper, and can be used together along side detachable magazines

Also fun is a thing...

>Would it be stupid to put a red dot on this?
Do it!!

Attached: patrol red dot.jpg (695x701, 143K)

I wouldn't say so, just depends how far out you're trying to hit things.

That being said, how accurate are the scouts? I want an accurate bolt gun, like as accurate as possible, but want irons on it as well. Are there better options? 18" version is what I'd be getting, and I like boltys to have Mauser actions.

>anything but iron sights
You’re going to use them and like them

>That being said, how accurate are the scouts?
IIRC the scout rifle concept called for 2 MOA. From what I've heard from other people, the Ruger scout hits somewhere between 1-1.5 MOA.

This. Absolutely no reason not to include stripper clip guides.
Should have used m1a magazines and their clips.

>Clips are lighter, cheaper, and can be used together along side detachable magazines
not really since none of them are designed for clips.
so you are going to have to design a clip an mag to take that clip and a gun. all this proprietary shit nobody wants then convince them to buy it when what they want is just an ar mag.
people hate on uncommon mags just cause of price. then you going to tell them you need to buy this expensive new mag thats only compatible with this gun and an "disposable" clip they have to keep buying

yeah you can load usgi with spoons but nobody wants a 3rd additional thing.

I wouldn't think so. It's not too bad for fast target acquisition either.

you already bought that overpriced trash. Might as well go full retard and put a red dot on it.

I hope not.

Attached: 20190806_221033.jpg (3264x1836, 2.39M)

I thought I wanted irons, and the ones on the RGS are supposed to be among the best that come standard on anything. I can still shoot 4 MOA with them (the front blade is at least that wide) but it's not pleasant for my middle aged eyes. In retrospect I don't really need them.

Red dots have no business being on a bolt-action rifle. The whole point of red dots is fast acquisition and follow up shots. How do you plan on operating the bolt and stay on target?

Red dots are great on top of rifles that are being used by hunters on driven hunts. Fast target acquisition and situational awareness is what that kind of hunting is all about. It's also nice to have a bright dot that won't disappear like irons or crosshairs can when shadows are in the background. Have you ever hunted before?

If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid