How would an Earth Defence Force work irl? Say an alien invasion happened tomorrow...

How would an Earth Defence Force work irl? Say an alien invasion happened tomorrow, how would the world governments react to it and in what ways could the said governments create an irl EDF?

Attached: to save our mother earth from any alien attack!.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rBFubEKHR7A
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>alien invasion happened tomorrow
The beaners have been doing that ever since.

Attached: batfag.jpg (300x224, 46K)

Well for starters you'd have to deal with potential collaborators like me.

Attached: __klan_klein_mikhail_buran_and_vf_1_macross_frontier_and_etc_drawn_by_satta_naoto__9b3d5e62fef7ab9f7 (536x744, 146K)

Do you think irl women would make good wing divers?

Attached: you disappoint me.jpg (1027x1027, 191K)

Every other nation would align behind China and America, and then we'd all die because we are incredibly unlikely to fight off ayys who can travel interstellar distances. Or the ayys wouldn't realize submarines are a thing and lose their entire invasion force to a well placed boomer. One of the two.

I think it'd be likely that, depending on how advanced the interstellar entities are, that we would see the formation of an actual, open one world government. perhaps even the consolidation of all world militaries.

on the other hand, you'd probably have countries wanting to collaborate with the aliens or ally with them and use their advanced tech against the opposition.

in terms of EDFs, i think it'd probably depend on the types of weapons the aliens have, and their biology.

Some useful weapons that spring to mind would be silent sound, the voice of god and other sonic weapons, nanobot weaponry, nanonukes, laser weapons, satellite and space weapons.

Not to go /x/, but i could also imagine that if this were to ever happen, that world governments may even ally themselves with the alien race to enslave the rest of humanity.

What would aliens want from humanity? Earth isn't special in terms of resources, other than biomass. If aliens want biomass for something, then humans are just fuel that shoots back. It's also possible they'll want something we don't even understand why they want, like incandescent lightbulbs.

i don't know, but it seems you have some ideas.

It's going to be muvluv without the mecha. If the ayys are humanoid that can communicate than i bet some state will be collab with them.

>What would aliens want from humanity? Earth isn't special in terms of resources, other than biomass. If aliens want biomass for something, then humans are just fuel that shoots back. It's also possible they'll want something we don't even understand why they want, like incandescent lightbulbs.
The only way earth has a chance is if the aliens aren't overly advanced and their interstellar ships are left overs from another civilization that they found and don't understand well. Normal reasons for conquest would apply.

one of two things are most likely
1) each nation/Alliance tries to fight the ayys on their own and gets stomped and forms a mega Alliance
2) They form the mega Alliance right off the bat and what happens depends strongly on a massive combination of factors, ayy strength and tech, resources on both sides, intervention from outside sources and weather or not Santa gives me that Orbital Death lazer i asked for

Attached: ayylmao.png (1187x675, 1.38M)

If ayys are star trek-level advanced,we can just sit back and get destroyed in minutes by a single ship.
Pic related is actual alien technology,colorized.

Attached: 71XDtdreKCL._SY879_.jpg (502x879, 51K)

I've heard a few astronomers think that space travel is actually something most species learn very early in their Industrial Revolution and that Humanity just overlooked it or doesn't have the right elements in the right amount to discover the method yet.

Imagine the alien landing ships get to Earth and all their shit is steam powered.

>world governments may even ally themselves with the alien race to enslave the rest of humanity
>implying they are not doing that already
do you even /x/?

If Aliens are smart, they'd go the same path to Earth Colonization as Europenises have did in the Americas and India.

Which is: build ties with local groups in the area who have beef/problems with the regional power. Build a sentiment of cooperation and amity between you, and use your vastly superior knowledge and technology to uplift your Earthling client states.

And then, after you have amassed many Earthfriends to your cause, you then rally these people to fight the Earth's powers on behalf of your interests while assisting them with your superior weaponry.

The Earth has plenty of Third World countries and rivalries for Ayys to exploit. If Ayys were smart they would go through the divide and conquer route as opposed to classic Alien Invasion.

Attached: Tau Human Auxiliary concept.jpg (600x225, 22K)

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

>alien invasion happens tomorrow
>religious extremists try to wipe out heretical xeno scum
>the rest of humanity trips over eachother seeing who can bend over backwards further for the aliens to try to gain their favor
>shitton of infighting ensues

Attached: Earth Defence Force Bike Bomb.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

The Federation of Planets.
Nature preservation and hunting.
Or they just want to force genetic testing, for science.
But most likely, a staging point to another system or some other military outpost they need.
Planet of resources that they need to build a base on.
Lots of reasons and who bothers to ask the deer if its ok to build a military base in their wood.

Waste of resources to exterminate a planets life.
Why not just land and remove any threat you need to. Like removing wolves or bear or any other wildlife in the military or companies way.
If its a problem you don't napalm a swam just to remove the gators from an airfield.

desu if Aliens are interested in colonization, I would probably collaborate with them
Sure it would suck, but better the chance to learn about their technology in a protectorate than getting put to the sword and subjgated (Hell, they would probably just throw rocks from Space and you don't want that to happen)

There is no need to communicate with wildlife.
You land set up your operations, you would have the tools to do what ever you liked, without asking for permission.

Realistically, not well. Nothing stops the invader from just dropping asteroids on us until we're too weak to resist.

I'm fairly certain you're talking about a Turtledove novella, not actual astronomers

Recruits, living space, bragging rights, staging point, paranoia.

i get this is a 40k meme, but i don’t think any real big denomination is explicitly anti-alien. opposition would come from people aligned with conservative or right-wing beliefs, going off the tendency for the liberal and centrist mainstream to try and cooperate/empathize with the enemies of their countries (china, the middle east)

>i get this is a 40k meme, but i don’t think any real big denomination is explicitly anti-alien.
Aliens have never really come up for the major denominations but let's be honest, do you think Westboro Baptists or Al Qaeda are going to have a positive view of non-human invaders?
>conservative or right-wing beliefs
Meritocracy doesn't care too much what you look like or where you come from, all that matters is your ability, adherence to the law and work ethic, liberals or left wingers are the ones who will be screaming oppression and privilege.

Love Live

In the event random aliens show up on our planet,, our best hope is that they think we are cute and would make good pets. Prepare for a life of being chained up in the back yard under 3 suns in 65C weather. Also don't forget to spay/neuter.

What, user, do you think I just read that on a single post a year ago and repeated it as fact? That would be a really stupid thing to do.

FROM VISCIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN, COME BACK

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES, WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK

THE EDF DEPLOYS

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Attached: fudda10.jpg (900x735, 121K)

Fuck that, the Japs are on the way to full on catgirls
Just merge the ideas I say

They want to enslave and keep us as pets.

Attached: __klan_klein_and_mikhail_buran_macross_frontier_and_etc_drawn_by_wakino_keibun__0c361b5f57d26a6e564c (800x800, 263K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rBFubEKHR7A
TL;DR aliens invading won't happen and if they did we couldn't offer any resistance.
Why would anyone invade US is the first question you need to ask.
There is nothing on earth that isn't easier to get elsewhere and in more abundance. The only thing we have is life. Any species advanced enough to travel star systems would have advanced robotics to not need any kind of slave labor and any scientific interest could be more easily achieved peacefully

>How would an Earth Defence Force work irl?
Considering the technological edge anyone who can cross between stars will have over us, it'd work abut as well as a slime mould having to defend itself against an intercontinental ICBM strike.

Attached: Upshot-Knothole Grable.jpg (924x698, 46K)

Just adapt lol
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus

But you're assuming that an alien species would be rational by our standards.

Ideally
The world rallies behind the UN and fights together for human survival.

Reality
China, Russia, NK, or Iran cuts a deal with the ayys to take over the world and then gets btfo after the wars over.

How would they be able to have a civilization functional enough to build interstellar spaceships without efficiently managing resources?