Iron sights really are obsolete

how long until guns come prepackaged with optics

Attached: DSC_0993-1.jpg (1200x800, 128K)

yeah

Never, iron sights are cheap.

Literally half of the budget bolt actions on the market already and various AR packages. It'll never be default for every gun because that's just bougie as fuck.

you could've just said you're poor

i wish they made that holosun model not shit, i do quite like it
>special tool to remove the battery
>smol ass buttons
>blue tint as fuck

If theyre so obsolete how come everyone insists on co-witnessing ironsights with their optic?

I prefer iron sights though.

Just bought 2 guns for my dad that had this. When you're past age 55 and your eyes suck. This is the way to go. Anyone telling you otherwise has never has to use it and still lives with their parents.

>t. Spendfag who still can't hit anything with his optics

Attached: 1562181569676.jpg (750x927, 98K)

> I'm literally half blind and can't see iron sights
If your soft old fatass can't even see iron sights properly then you have no business owning a gun. You're half fucking blind. Sell them before you die and your collection ends up in a buyback cause God knows you can't hit jack shit with those sad excuses for eyeballs.

>you have no business owning a gun
You should be gassed, grabber

You're surviving on social security, welfare queen. You're no better than welfare niggers. We should cut your gibs and watch the doctor pull the plug on your medical care, you are physically unfit to drive or shoot guns and have no business doing either.

If you can't see properly and have piss poor fitness go ahead and buy yourself a life alert instead of a gun, cause if tyrone breaks in at night you're going to be firing blindly into the dark till he pops you in the head with a yeet cannon

Even Pistols are coming prepackaged with optics nowadays.

SIG is bolting the Romeo to everything they can.

S&W is pumping out Shields with debranded Shield RMScs

Walther is doing the same with the PPS.

So, basically OP is a moron, its already happening.

>adds another inch to the top of a firearm whose appeal comes from its small size and concealability
>"Why isn't this universally desirable?"

Attached: candy.png (489x271, 190K)

FN 509 tactical doesnt come with an optic, but it's ready for one. I cant wait to get one for it.

Oh look it's another thread of "Jow Forums doesn't understand what the word 'obsolete' means"

I think there are still plains with iron sights. So long as humidity fogging up glass, dead batteries, and broken glass exist Irons will never be obsolete.

i don't like pistol optics personally. i find them hindering when shooting at 50m

I've had a Glock with a RMR on it. Just "meh".
I don't know, it breaks the clean lines and simplicity of what is supposed to be a SIDEARM.
If you start putting lights, lasers, optics and folding stocks on these simple tools, they're no longer a sidearm but a shitty pistol caliber carbine.

It looks cool and it can be fun at the range but besides that, I'd say avoid.
There are enough solutions for people who don't like 3 dot sights, fiber optic is a good choice for example.

>Boomers stealing the money they paid into Social Security. Reeeeeeeee!

>it breaks the clean lines and simplicity of what is supposed to be a SIDEARM.

Because having to allign three objects is simple right? Focusing on one object (the target) and superimposing a red dot on it is just too complicated, right? Let’s not even get into how lighting affects POA/POI and visibility of your sight picture. Meanwhile everything is the same with a red dot.
>muh sidearm

Fun fact: a handgun is a primary weapon considering cc is a thing, hop off cawwaduty kiddo
>having a weapon mounted light or literally anything that makes shooting the hardest type of gun a little easier is bad because reasons!

You’re absolutely fucking retarded and it shows. Learn a little from history, we’re seeing what is happening to pistols like what we saw with carbines and red dots in the 90’s and early 00’s.

Attached: 0CCDEEAD-E534-4DCD-BCDE-57E4CF49F7EE.gif (218x216, 7K)

Handguns have worked just fine without optics for hundreds of years.
All you're adding is 2-3 inches of electronics on top of the slide for very minor gains. YES they'll make you more accurate, I never disagreed, so what? If you're shooting past 30 yards with a handgun you've got the wrong tools in your hands.

Also they're all unreliable, even the RMR. We're actually going backwards, instead of going smaller and more rugged, we're going bulkier (like the ACRO, who the fuck would carry this shit) or swiss-watch-tier complicated like the Noblex. Imagine dropping this thing face up, it's 100% dead.

Attached: 07F7F66C-258A-4F24-87B8-9E329C9AEC89.jpg (640x360, 27K)

I bet you think manual transmission is obsolete too

>special tool to remove the battery
mine was just a twist cap, user
>smol ass buttons
thats bad?
>blue tint as fuck
Are you confusing them with vortex?

Attached: 1547848106618.png (420x420, 12K)

>>smol ass buttons
damn, are you that fat?

If you can’t use iron sights you wouldn’t survive a firefight anyway

Unless you're a good shot with irons you shouldn't be using optics
>Learn the basics then add the cool shit

Attached: 1493778977324.jpg (570x760, 143K)

I'm waiting for folding optics that fold flat against the firearm when holstered.

lmao I'm a zoomer and I've never shot with irons in my life
get with the times, grandpa

This
The time are here, thats why you can have both optics and a red dot on your gun

Attached: 1564416738914.jpg (510x347, 116K)

This guy gets it!

>how long until guns come prepackaged with optics
They already are, idiot. You can buy plenty of handguns and rifles that come with an RDS, sometimes instead of irons even. Literally do any research at all next time before you post.

Some already do.

I'm 18 zoomer through and through here

Attached: 1564292516334.jpg (423x222, 26K)

Flint lock worked fine for hundreds of years! Why go to percussion caps?

>me? glock 19 gen 7 with flip up holos

Attached: 13b.gif (680x498, 224K)

>I've never shot with irons in my life
Why do people do this? You're going to have serious flaws in your fundamentals if you don't start with irons. Optics are superior for shooting, but irons force you to get better at the skills that make a good shooter.

I learned on peep sight irons but desu pistol rds is so much easier to shoot well than standard pistol irons. You learn how to shoot both eyes open much faster as well

>implying poorfags can afford to practice

>implying 5.56 is expensive

I don't need them OPTICS, just a good ol' Single action pull...

Attached: Untitled.png (500x452, 452K)

He's not being a Luddite dumbass. Percussion caps were significantly more reliable. The exact opposite of an optic on a pistol.

What was the distance and time in between shots?

>>smol
cringe and reddit

kill yourself trust fund tankie

Is there more or less a standard for mounting hardware? I figure with longarms youve got basically 3 patterns, picatinny, weaver, or dovetail. Is there a system like that for handguns or is it proprietary?

I can hit targets at at least 150ft with a handgun, far beyond their ideal range, with irons. I don't want the extra weight, bulk, or lessened reliability, both because they fuck with slide dynamics, they can fail, or just break. They also get soot all over them and basically become useless, similar to weapon lights. I don't want to be tactically licking my lens clean in the middle of a gunfight, though they never really last that long anyway.

>They also get soot all over them and basically become useless, similar to weapon lights.
t. dropped on head as infant

People always say you need irons to learn the fundamentals.
Name the fundamentals you need irons to learn.

>glock
>glass on a handgun

this is the most onions shit i ever seen

>Name the fundamentals you need irons to learn.
holding a gun correctly

Fudds used to say that about rifles too. They were wrong then and you're wrong now, nogunz shit.

You're retarded

>waiting on Brownell's to put the RMR cut 1911 slides on sale
I just want my snowflake 1911.

Attached: 1354407796864.gif (732x561, 321K)