Artillery

Hey Jow Forums, is it legal to make your own artillery cannon and use it?

I always had a chub for these big, groundshaking cannons.

If not, should I Settle for a mortar?

Attached: 42057E35-094C-4535-AA02-8582AD15F92B.jpg (1600x1071, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenweapons.com/category/artillery/
youtu.be/XQdf_J9MgxI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In what situation do you need a fucking mortar or an artillery cannon
i can understand guns but fucking artillery dude you're not even gonna be able to fire it because you probably dont have friends

Ignore this nigger, OP. To my understanding modern artillery shells are illegal/heavily restricted due to explosive ordnance but the guns themselves are not.
Black powder, of course, is fine but quantities needed to fire a cannon are expensive.

Got some friends. But really it’s just as a mantle piece/DIY project/dream fulfilling.

What about Acetylene?

Here's the deal:
Any shell (or other object) containing more than 1/4 oz of high explosive is considered a DD. They are legal, but only if you file the form 1, pay your $200 tax, and store it correctly (the ATF has a publication about storage requirements for explosives).

As for the guns themselves:
If it is a muzzle-loader then it's not even considered a firearm. Totally legal.
If it's a breech-loader and its bore is larger than .50" then it's a DD.

Black powder vs smokeless doesn't matter. What matters is if it's a muzzle-loader or not. Old black powder artillery that is breech-loading are considered DDs.

search "bowling ball cannon" on youtube. some of them are fucking crazy. im pretty sure that a few of them would be more than capable of fucking up a humvee.

>NO ONE NEEDS ARTILLERY
Faggot what a waste of perfectly good trips. Go back to Hillary

not true for the black powder artillery, as long as the gun is pre 1899, it's not a firearm either.

Pre-1899 is OK too.

A lot of people tend to think that "if it's black powder then it's not a firearm". No, that's not correct. It's only not a firearm if it's a muzzleloader or if it's pre-1899. Now it just so happens that tends to correlate pretty well with black powder, but there do exist post-1899 black powder cartridge firing weapons, and those are legally restricted as firearms.

Threadly reminder that the founding fathers believed literal canons were covered without question under the 2A

You can make a BP cannon out of duct tape
muzzle load it with solid shot and it's all good

>the founding fathers believed literal canons were covered without question under the 2A
I wanna party with these guys

Attached: Sturmtiger_firing_380mm.jpg (475x420, 21K)

I mean you can just buy a cannon or mortar online since black powder ones arent firearms technically.

What about a breech loading cannon that doesn't fire cartridges? This isn't just contrarian whataboutism, I'm being serious.

>2AM outside
>Tyrone and his future doctors driving by OP's house in their lifted Cadillac
>"Ayo nigguh wez gun rob dat whitey mufugga"
>civilized black folk break through OP's front door
>entire house lights up in red
>dragon dildos fall from the ceiling, blocking off the entrance
>Erika starts playing at over 120 dB
>The niggers turn around in horror just to find 400lb heavy OP sitting on a 105mm K18 with a beaten up turkish mauser shoved up his prolapsed rectum, missmatched Wehrmacht and SS repro covering from head to toe
>only two words are uttered by the autistic fat edgelord sitting on the artillerypiece
>"Gluten Tag"
>house gets fucking evaporated the moment the first drum is hit

>In what situation do you need a fucking mortar or an artillery cannon
When the Pinkerton goons are shooting people in the street and the cops are nowhere to be seen

Attached: 1291180332293Cool_dog.jpg (637x469, 55K)

>If not, should I Settle for a mortar?
>Settle
>mortar
Look son, Artillery is a bunch of slow whiny faggots. You aren't settling for shit.

Attached: 66077045_2765876510094565_397772305855414272_n.jpg (771x960, 89K)

>imagine not having an 18inch naval gun pointed at your front door forcing you to crawl through the barrel everytime you enter or leave the house

You live in a mansion or something to fit that thing in your home?

What if you build say a 155mm towed gun, and have your own 9mm discarding sabots?

Attached: 1564613044192.jpg (215x215, 8K)

Need more like this if you've got it, perusing other boards and this left me in tears.

>he doesn't live in a mountain fortress

pic related

Attached: pT4ybMl-660x426.jpg (660x426, 60K)

OP here, this was p.funny

Imagine being this massive of a faggot.

Literally go back to your home board please.

Attached: 9873cPi.jpg (374x503, 45K)

>legal
who gives a fuck
build your cannon OP

black powder, my brother

Or jump through some hoops and get a real modern cannon, classified as a 'destructive device' I would recommend a 'mountain gun' of some kind if you go that route.
You can look at some of the national auctions for things like that. Rock island, James D Julia, or search Gunbroker
forgottenweapons.com/category/artillery/

I'd like to point out you can own a modern cannon (DD) and fire solid shot or practice shells, whatever and not pay for more individual stamps.

>own an artillery cannon
>Canada
Hilariously enough, yes. Mortars, 25-Pounder, Carl Gustav, M777, all legal with a Non-Restricted PAL.
However exploding shells is a no no. Solid shot (aka training rounds) is all good though, let her roar.

woah really??
Should I
>go back?

not sure if I can live with the taxes and 5rnd mags though

>Hey Jow Forums, is it legal to make your own artillery cannon and use it?

Black powder muzzle loaders are unrestricted in the U.S. and crazy fun. They might even be CA legal.

youtu.be/XQdf_J9MgxI

Attached: Screenshot_20190807-010658.png (1280x720, 519K)

You're settling for a smaller gun, faggot. Mortars are alright but some of us get hard-ons for those earth shaking booms.

>be op
>call local gunrange if they have a free lane for today
>guy from the range says sure and asks when you'll be coming in
>tell him that you will be shooting from home
recreational artillery fucking WHEN

You my new MVP user.

Attached: zorro zeroed in on zapatas or zomething.gif (500x288, 3.71M)

>1:37
That was fuckin cool

Of course. If the projectile doesn't contain 1/4 oz of explosive then it doesn't fall under any regulation.

>What about a breech loading cannon that doesn't fire cartridges?
The law states that muzzleloaders = not firearms. Since your hypothetical gun loads from a breech then it would be considered a firearm.

Muzzle-loader is the key legal distinction. Whether it uses a cartridge or a separate charge doesn't matter. Whether it uses smokeless or black powder doesn't matter either. What matters is muzzle loader vs. breech loader. If it's a muzzle-loader then it's not a firearm. If it's a breech-loader then it is a firearm (assuming it was made in 1899 or afterward).

I was planning living inside the gun.

self defence situation

"hey just keep lane 5 open alright? Put a paper target at 50 yards for me"

Its not the bill of needs u giga trip wasting nigger

We know. Can't we talk about the potential reasons why someone might want to have one without triggering the shall-screamers?

Are people really so lacking in self-confidence they can't admit they simply want it because it's cool?

Its more fun just to scream shall

I really hate stupid people.

Would the same apply to rockets with inert warheads?

Yes. No warhead = no DD. You can buy inert rockets just the same as you can get inert bombs or grenades.

Ever see people build "high-power" model rockets? Those things are often larger than many military rockets/missiles are. They are legal as long as there is no explosive warhead in them, though there are launching restrictions in some places (mainly having to do with FAA laws for aircraft)

Lighten up buddy. Im just being a dickhead for the sake of being a dickhead

>Im just being a dickhead for the sake of being a dickhead
That's what I was referring to when I said that I hated stupid people. I honestly can't understand how people find it entertaining, and beyond that: even if people did find it entertaining, why would they choose to do so while they're aware the behavior is dickish? One would think that even if you did find it funny you'd refrain from doing it because you know it's dickish behavior.

Because im bored and this is Jow Forums. Its not egregiously bad or anything so theres no real harm.

>If it's a breech-loader then it is a firearm
only if it is expelled by the force of an explosive

Yes, I omitted that detail for brevity but you're right that we really ought to include that. A breech-loading pneumatic cannon, for example, would not be a firearm.

>>high power rocketry
I have some experience with that. Yeah, some guys do build fucking huge rockets, altitudes can get into many tens of miles!
The engines are a bit restricted though. It was many years ago that I was into it so perhaps things have changed, but IIRC you could buy up to a "G" rated engine without restriction, and a slightly higher rating if you were a member of a rocketry association. However, to get the really powerful ones you had to design and build your own rocket according to various rules and successfully fly it at an official club meet in order to get the right level of license to buy them. They were also pretty damn expensive--many hundreds of $$ for just the motor--at that level, so that's not something most people can afford to fire often.

I liked to make really short stubby rockets. They took a pretty good size engine so they made a big fireball and roar taking off, but because they were heavy and not-so-aerodynamic they wouldn't go super high. That meant it was easier to find launch sites, easier to see the rocket to retrieve it, etc. The long slender fuckers that go super high weren't so fun to me because their launch was more of a long slow burn--not anywhere near as physically impressive or as practical as the short-burning high powered engine.