Socom 16/M1A bread

So, I'm planning on buying this soon. Any remarks you guys have about it, any advices worth remembering? Also, post pics if you got 'em in your arsenal.

Attached: AA9626_21.jpg (1557x2100, 299K)

Don't do it.

>short barreled M1a for maximum muzzle flash and minimal velocity
>brake you can feel 50 feet away for no reason
>gay plastic furniture on a classic rifle
>Springfield armory

Attached: delusional.png (497x576, 212K)

If you're dead set on buying an M1A, I don't recommend the Scout Squad. Get the Match or standard to maximize the benefits of the full-powered cartridge 1 inch of barrel is roughly 70 fps less velocity. Avoid Springfield armory if possible.

> Any remarks you guys have about it
It's a gigantic, pricey meme.
>any advices worth remembering
If you must have an M14, and it must be SA, and it must be a short one, get a Scout.

>70fps per inch

horseshit, more like 20-30fps per inch, 40 maybe on a particularly spicy load.

I love my M1A!

3MOA
M
O
A

Get the Scout Squad. SOCOM is ass.

On a good day with match ammo

Only if you reassembled it correctly after the last cleaning, satan.

If you are still here OP, dont waste your money on it, m14 style rifles are a fucking money pit.

But if youre going to do it anyways, and are dead set on getting the retarded ass socom 16, which sucks, get the following:

>sadlak mount
>SEI brake
>piston cleaning kit (get the drill bits not the actual kit, you will save yourself 40 bucks.

One thing to remember, DO NOT switch out the piston unless you are getting horrible groups. No two pistons are the same. It doesnt matter if you get usgi, or Ti, or whatever, stick with whatever piston works with the ammo you are using.

Judging by how many of them are on Armslist, they're shit.

3 MOA is still a headshot at 200 yards.

No fun allowed

The scout squad has an 18" barrel, which longer than a g3's and similar to many other battle rifles. As short as I would go for a battle rifle. The socom 16 in OP is 16" and they are really fun and soft shooting. But you gotta go with the wood stock.

I agree. A wood scout squad would be the m1a of choice.

Also so what if they're not the most accurate? That's not the only factor in choosing a rifle. If everyone only got the most practical things all you'd see would be glocks, ar-15s, ar-10s, mossy 500s and Ruger Americans. fuckin lame

Attached: mini_140001_0.jpg (741x999, 649K)

I have an 18.5" Norinco M14 (1994 production) in a walnut Boyds stock with a couple basic accuracy upgrades. Fun shooter. Looks great.

Attached: TEavo1s.jpg (4032x2268, 3.68M)

very nice

Any plans for a flashider or bayo lug?

>expecting submoa in any sort of stock semi-auto rifle

The absolute fucking state of Jow Forums.

NY bro FTW

Buy one in stainless, I’d also recommend getting g the receiver hard chrome plated or nickel plated. Don’t think anyone makes a stainless receiver m1a.

>Springfield

Don't support companies that support gun grabbers.

Nope, could probably use a new 1907 sling though, that one's pretty clapped out.

Which is better accuracy than you need or are a good enough shooter to take advantage of.

I mean in the long run you'd better enjoy yourself with a Garand. Some day you'll understand a M1 is a better buy

I'm not really an aficionado on the rifle but my grandpa has a SOCOM 16 with a X Products drum and I take it hog hunting a lot and it has literally no recoil and knocks them dead so.

Man that looks fucking wonky, I had no idea they made drums for M1As

Attached: wm_9706813.jpg (4032x3024, 923K)

It's a little hefty but really reliable, I've dumped it back to back a few times

I agree with the postars in this thread that hate SA for being SA. I'd never buy a gun from them or a new gun from a dealer.

That being said, if you can get one second hand for a reasonable price, do it. I own a rifle made in the early 80s, with a Douglas barrel and NM sights, and I get 1.5" groups at 100yd with German, Malaysian, and Murrican ball ammo. Its a pretty great gun.

>literally no recoil
did you manage to shoot 22lr out of this thing?
Yeah it has recoil. It's not stout by any means but don't push it like its a 9lb dead weight throwing squirrel rounds

Between the compensator and the heavy ass drum mag you have to be a puss to think that it kicks harder than an AR

>you have to be a puss to think that it kicks harder than a AR
If I can ill try to forgive you ignorance of 7.62 nato versus 223/5.56 recoil differences.

If your unaware then all of Jow Forums pitys your uninformed idiotic soul

i may be a little biased considering it was my first gun but its pretty fun. dont buy it expecting amazing accuracy because it is still a .308 out of a 16" barrel.

Attached: gats.jpg (810x1080, 185K)