>2019
How close are we to full body ballistic armor? I would imagine it would make breach and enter essentially risk free.

Attached: 17720.jpg (992x1399, 489K)

could make it
weight will make you want to shoot yourself rather than spend a couple hours in it

Not until we figure out how to keep the user from having a heat stroke from wearing it while not hampering their movement and vision.

Literally why would you not when entering a house?

Attached: hCxANtG.jpg (564x1001, 95K)

In other words, we need a reliable powered exoskeleton first. Or some kind of a breakthrough in lightweight, preferably breathable ballistic material

Major hurdles are weight and cooling.

Both would be less of an issue with a powered exoskeleton and some thermoelectric cooling system.

Both of which are perfectly possible with today's tech, the only hurdle is the absurd costs involved

who is this bacta demon

Front steps

You forgot about a viable power-source.

I think it would still beat the cost of having elite soldiers who you've invested millions of dollars in training to be injured in a breaching situation and having to pay their healthcare for decades down the line. It's economic in the long run.

Disneyland Rey

Attached: disneylandreyada.webm (600x600, 2.85M)

How can Disneyland Rey be cuter than the real one?

how could she not?

Attached: reymysterio.jpg (474x266, 16K)

And its probably cheaper to just throw a grenade into the room.
Or just invest in walking drones.

>Risk Free

Hardly.
Ballistic armor is not bulletproof. The term "bulletproof" is a marketing buzz term and a complete work of fiction.
Ballistic armors are bullet resistant, and are generally rated to protect against small amounts of fire.

Most will lost their protective value after taking a round or two, and not all calibers are even going to be sufficiently stopped by a ballistic plate or kevlar to prevent lethal injury.

Furthermore, uniform coverage of armor is.... practically infeasible, short of being in a vehicle.

Exosuits are basically an effort to make a person-sized vehicle, but the needs of the mechanisms to provide sufficient protection and motor support to operate are going to make them large enough to not be safe to fit inside many structures. As a support unit it seems reasonable, but you're not going to have every SWAT officer marching into houses in that shit.

daisy ridley wasn't that cute for the most part.

Eh i dig the forehead and teeth

She's prettier than daisy, too pretty where most girls won't watch SW if she is Rey.

Attached: 6.jpg (1878x956, 573K)

are you a brit?

Most swat teams already have full body Kevlar suits + ballistic shield.

T. Chipmunk

Yeah that's my point, the lady they got for the movie isn't amazingly attractive. The Disneyland girl is. You'd think with their budget they could have done better.

God fucking damn it Death Trooper is peak rwds material.