The state of 3D printing in 2019

i know what you're thinking, 3D printing is a meme for shitty one-time use .380 pistols and trolling liberals on twitter and that's about it. i thought so too. turns out, the current situation is actually pretty fucking based

- the menendez mag is a glock magazine that costs around 80-90 cents to print and has survived hundreds of rounds in testing

- glock frames can be printed and have survived hundreds of rounds in testing

- AR15 frames can be printed and have survived hundreds of rounds in testing

- through a process known as electrochemical machining, steel barrels can be rifled at home using a power source, saltwater, and a 3D printed jig in a matter of minutes. this technique is used by the big boy manufacturers as well

- pictured is the FGC-9, a 9mm firearm that accepts glock magazines and can be manufactured without needing access to a single restricted "firearms" part (using EU law as the benchmark). it has not yet been released but is reportedly due soon

- someone did/is(?) developing suppressor baffles that have withstood 150 continuous shots of .223 in testing

- all of the above can be accomplished with a printer that costs under $200

the liberator pistol was released just 6 years ago. imagine the next 6 years.

Attached: 8osaa2p50k531-1024x893.jpg (1024x893, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aTW7OF4k55Q
lmgtfy.com/?q=ender 3d printer
spee.ch/@Deterrence-Dispensed:2
old.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/blxvc6/homemade_9mm_barrel_using_electrochemical/emsh6b3/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/02/diy-barrel-rifling-using-salt-water-electricity-3d-printed-jig/
youtube.com/watch?v=V0og_KLSzCI
gundynamics.com/products/atlas-arms-dagny-dagger
archive.org/details/gunplans2019
libertarianinstitute.org/mance/293/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i meant to say "AR15 lower receivers" not frames

Based and plasticpilled. The future is bright with homemade disposable guns.

fuck yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=aTW7OF4k55Q

Of course this is happening, the state is an ultimately weak entity compared to technological development and citizen action.

Put the fear in them 3D printer anons.

Attached: 1913BA8F-58F8-42BE-92E5-B5A3E35478E4.png (1200x800, 112K)

this
black flag anarchy ftw

Disposable, cheap guns that last around 500 rounds would sell me on it. 1000 times more effective than a liberator pistol. Shit could win wars.

pictured: the menendez mag

Attached: D-q-AfDWsAAkY0Z.jpg (1200x900, 215K)

Can somebody link that 3D printer and filament though?

hot damn

pictured: barrel rifling produced via ECM (no moving parts) in 15 minutes. groove depth 0.005"

ill wait for the picture. you tried.

lmgtfy.com/?q=ender 3d printer

forgot the picture. how embarrassing~ uWu

here it is

Attached: d3SzSrs.jpg (5344x4008, 3.83M)

Litty titty you beautiful bastard.

hell, print a bunch of liberators until the next gun buy back

pictured: glock G17 frame

Attached: 4a5gmwnh6ie31.jpg (4032x1960, 901K)

3d printed guns tend to suffer from heavy design flaws as of now, and while maybe not fair to criticize the home inivator I cannot help but to look at them and die a little on the inside from pretty a simplicity stand point since they often make the gun have rather odd extra steps, take the charging handle on that gun there. I assume that it's a bolt or rod that is epoxied inside of it, instead any simpleton would have put made a hole for a screw to go through it and act like a washer being held down by the force of the screw.

Pretty based. Maybe cucked states can get uncucked with this.

the beautiful things with these guns is the open source nature. You could make adjustments that would improve it and the community would be adaptive.

Fucking BASED mad lads

Its a shame Foscad got pulled off twitter. Where did they move to Im behind on all the updates.

The liberator is a fucking POS that looks like it was engineered by an autistic high school dropout

I hope this thing isn't a disappointment

they're on spee.ch and LBRY plus Keybase

spee.ch/@Deterrence-Dispensed:2

>without needing access to a single restricted "firearms" part (using EU law as the benchmark)
Now this is interesting. Doesn't the EU regulate the pressure bearing parts?

Only barrels

Fun fact: Fostech gets the main components of their echo triggers via binder-jetting.

>spee.ch/@Deterrence-Dispensed:2
How much did the 3-d printer you used cost? I wanna get one and start doing this shit.

Considering buying a 3d printer but I don't know squat about them

admittedly i don't know much about this stuff beyond what i posted in the OP. a post from several months ago by one of the deterrence dispensed guys said this about a barrel he made

>40CR, a Chinese grading of chrome alloy steel that's quite strong. It comes pre-heat treated for high pressure hydraulic use. And yep, ECM doesn't mess with heat treat.

old.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/blxvc6/homemade_9mm_barrel_using_electrochemical/emsh6b3/

Is there any source on this? It's kind of scary that we could actually be at or near the point that psychopaths could press a button and have this kind of weaponry in an afternoon, but I'm very excited about the possibility that this could quickly and easily arm a people against an oppressive government.

the most recent episode of the kommando blog podcast is what inspired me to make this thread, it's like a 2 hour long roundtable with several of the people involved. sites keep banning them but progress is occasionally posted publicly on twitter.

ECM info:
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/02/diy-barrel-rifling-using-salt-water-electricity-3d-printed-jig/

see also @AGleaks on twitter

Pretty fucking good for DIY. Hot damn.
I guess I need to bring my printer out of the closet.

>It's kind of scary

Attached: 1502052361666.png (1035x621, 713K)

plz post podcast

Attached: 1466728406757.jpg (540x304, 36K)

youtube.com/watch?v=V0og_KLSzCI

Attached: EBQN_LKX4AASRFv.jpg (1024x1024, 316K)

So, realistically then... is there much of a difference between 3d printed plastic and polymer when it comes to the frame? I was always under the impression the rifled barrel would be the most difficult part to DIY, and that's why these things didn't take off.

Is there an actual assumed round limit, or are people just firing off a hundred rounds and going "That's good enough, I'll print another rather than risking blowing my hand off"?

>I was always under the impression the rifled barrel would be the most difficult part to DIY, and that's why these things didn't take off.
Only if you think drilling out a hardened bolt and using a harbor freight 2ton bottle press to shove a shitty rifling button through it is difficult.

3D printed firearm cases and easily manufactured projectiles are all that is left in order for gun control to be impossible.Reaching that point will definitely go a long way to fixing the problems of this world.

>ecm info
Fug, my dad was telling me about this a few days ago and I thought he was misunderstanding and completely disregarded it as boomer nonsense.

>I assume that it's a bolt or rod that is epoxied inside of it, instead any simpleton would have put made a hole for a screw to go through it and act like a washer being held down by the force of the screw.
So do that.

much obliged

at least one group is working on this

>Legally-unrestricted armor-penetrating handgun ammunition made open-source and DIY-friendly.

gundynamics.com/products/atlas-arms-dagny-dagger

Attached: original_bullet (2).jpg (1919x1276, 452K)

>mfw internet autists perfect cased telescoped rounds before the us gooberment

Attached: 1559185372794.jpg (819x894, 71K)

I've never really considered home-manufacturing, so I didn't realize that this type of equipment was easy acquired.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, so pointing out that I'm not one is pointless.

What parts of pic related not 3D printed?
Do you have the .stl files for link related?

This shit's my bread and butter. Been dreaming up homemade weapons since I could count.
Damn nearly nutted my pants first time I saw a printer. Even with the limitations, the shit I could do with one...

*What parts of pic related are not 3D printed?

Barrel. They're set up for glock barrels for convenience, but Jow Forums figured out expedient barrels a few years ago.

i don't know anything beyond what i've posted, i have no involvement with its design. it hasn't been released yet, it will probably make waves when it's out.

What about 3D printing a slightly oversized lower and then using the lost-PLA method? And then sand/grind down to adequate specs?

>it's kind of scary
Fag

Attached: 1493072344983.jpg (421x421, 62K)

>Been dreaming up homemade weapons since I could count.
lol, same. I just never thought that DIY firearms would ever break the point of pipe shotguns into what's now realistically possible with printers.

archive.org/details/gunplans2019

Attached: Gun_Plans_2019_Gif.gif (668x536, 360K)

What types filament do you recommend for these prints?

Whatever you can get to come out strongest, PEKK or PEEK ideally for trunnions.

Zytel

according to the podcast i linked earlier apparently one of the big benefits of the menendez mag is that now its easy to make reliable mags that gun designs can standardize around, supplanting shitty sten mags which had been the standard up until now. apparently mags are one of the most difficult parts to get right

You forgot the powder. That's probably the hardest part.

what do you think the piss bottles are for?
And the sulfur stench isnt from rotten eggs...

This is really fuckin cool. Do you have a single link/pic with full instructions?

>menendez mag
I hadn't even gotten around to considering magazines. Props to the people that are making this stuff possible; it's well outside of my range of skills.

I feel like this 3d build could benefit from a 3 dollar pipe from home depot. Kinda scared to shoot that gun right there with out it.

another picture of the FGC-9

Attached: EA-ANZtWsAMvzq-.jpg_large.jpg (2048x1152, 389K)

You can do that. The beauty of DIY.

just found another podcast discussing the FGC-9. haven't listened to it

libertarianinstitute.org/mance/293/

You sound like a fag

Bold words for someone within drone range.

have fun explaining why you blew up a plastic factory and killed it's night shift

"He talked shit :^)"

Thanks for the links. That thing looks sweet.

it's a cool college project i guess

Don't start shitting up this thread like every other one you autistic old fuck. Get a life, have sex do anything other than spread your jaded whiny ass opinions and misinformation to everyone who's less of a nihilistic pussy than yourself.

Attached: 20181119_111139.jpg (714x714, 200K)

Polish a turd and you have a smooth turd, besides any person can shill out the money for tooling if a person wants to for like 5000usd and get more serious about making and prototyping. Don't get me wrong I love my printer, but I don't use other people's work often.

giving noguns hope with a shitty plastic lower is probably not a good thing

shoo! go on, get!

Attached: 1564892363643.jpg (545x453, 30K)

No one posted the shotgun yet?

Attached: 1564952771783.jpg (1440x789, 211K)

checked

details?

Is the shotgun actually legal for US DIY? Also checked.

They will try to ban the internet befor they let that genie out of the bottle.

if you can't afford a PSA rifle what makes you think a large bed FDM printer is attainable?

This is for cuck states and disarmed nations. It’s ground breaking

keybase has had issues with infiltrators recently, It might be hard to get in.

Would ABS be an option for these prints? I think my printer only preheats ABS and PLA.

>It's kind of scary

Attached: glow.png (322x527, 148K)

Its a learning curve, it's not plug and play out of the box.
You need a heated bed, 200mm or larger base plate and lots of time to not only get the software to work but compatibility with your computer.
It is getting better but there are models out there that are a nightmare.
The cheaper it is the more work you will need to do. Even the best take more time then you ever think they should.
Failed prints are a real thing and in some cases you wont know the print failed until 10 hours later when its done.
Its a hobby at this point, do it to learn and have fun.

First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
So are you ignoring or laughing.

No it isn't

The ak47 was groundbreaking for shit holes

Some shitty Glock clone made out of corn on a chink printer isn't all that impressive

Get back to me when your corn Glock can sit in a car and not goop into a puddle

People go about making 3d guns the wrong way. Existing guns and ammunition all have origins in things designed 50+ years ago. Having a gas or recoil mechanism operated by a bunch of levers and springs makes sense in 1950 when you have to pump out millions of them from one large factory. Trying to recreate these mechanisms with 3d printers is foolish. Having a small electric motor feeding ammunition and rotating a revolver mechanism similar to autocannons is more logical. There's no reason for cases or percussion firing, they should be caseless and electronically fired. A few solid state electronic parts will be far more reliable than 3d printed mechanical firing. Smoothbore firing saboted flechettes is probably better as well. You could easily cast the flechettes and 3d print sabots. I don't know what you could use as propellant since you already have a battery and electronics, you might be able to use more interesting substances that explode when exposed to high voltage or current.

>Having a small electric motor feeding ammunition and rotating a revolver mechanism similar to autocannons is more logical
Somehow I think recreating the M61 Vulcan with 3d printed parts is not easy or reliable.

You are such a fuckin faggot.

They're considering killing their projects.

They're all scared from the shootings and they went from free files for everyone to now self-censorship/psuedo-gun control support.

Hey ATF

In principle, that's breddy gool, but what do you do about a chamber? Or an underlug? I imagine this was done with a straight steel pipe right? Strapping a rifled pipe in a vise to fire one bullet at a time is a good start, but you can't use it in an actual pistol without a chamber or locking lugs.

Why would an atf agent be teaching teenagers how to make their budget ARs full auto?

Of course, the vast majority that reach any one of those steps never make it to the next step. I mean if everyone we ignored went on to become a winner then the term would loose all meaning, as we happily ignore basically everyone on the planet.

You've said that multiple times already and it didn't become true, what makes you think that this time we'll listen?

I told them that but then they went on about how it's just a start ND will eventually figure out how to use it in a platform. Currently they claim it's part of "project what about" a low end mostly 3d gun sep from Cody Wilson's design (he's still in prison for having sex with a child)

These recent shootings? Some of them are going off about how they should self censor and maybe not distribute files as widely anymore.

Their own fear = exactly what the Democrats want.

Let me know when sub1k printers dont have delamination issues.