Poorfag gear thread

So we have infographics for poorfag guns but what about gear
lets be realistic most 22 year olds dont make 100k per year
so can we have a thread about basic gear
and what is the baseline of what is appropriate
so we dont show up to the boogaloo with 50$ flack jackets
was thinking pic related for gas masks
also need
boots, clothes, helmet, carrier and plates, pack, first aid, utility, ect...

Attached: israeli-gas-mask_1.jpg (800x800, 71K)

>boots: surplus jungle or navy boots
>clothes: whatever drab rugged clothes you have. If you must have camo just get surplus woodland or desert tricolors
>helmet: I wouldn't wear one but surplus steel pots are at decent prices now but Kevlar can run a lot higher.
>I don't know too much about carrier/plates as I don't run them.
>pack: 3 day assault packs go for cheap online. Surplus Alice packs are tough and relitively cheap
>First aid: don't cheap out get a real ifak
>Other gear you may want are a flashlight/headlamp, knee pads, canteen/hydo bladder, gasmaks etc

Pic semi related

Attached: Screenshot_20190806-220547~2.png (1080x820, 1.55M)

I can't offer much other than a bump since I'm in the same boat

Mora companion for good budget knife
Chicom for cheap chest rig, Type 56 are more iconic but Type 81's seem just better imo with the fourth magazine pouch, buy some tri-glides and snaps for a few dollars so you don't have to tie them in the back
Also, never cheap out on boots, if there's only one thing in your entire kit you're gonna put in some overtime for, make it the boots.

Attached: 123412341324124.jpg (800x514, 103K)

I think being a poorfag means having to cut corners, not sacrificing expensive gear when it's necessary

bump

this is what i have without "trying" to buy gear

- Flecktarn BDU
-USMC tactical t shirt (nylon undershirt)
-m1 helmet vietnam era issue (no cover, no strap, just shell and liner)
-m7 bayonet

ebay and military surplus, particularly from the USMC, is your friend.
I wouldn't bother with a chinese chest rig since you can buy an FLC for less than $20 in whatever color of your choosing. an FLC, a sturdy belt, a ruck, a fixed blade knife and boots are the essentials. focus on water, ammo, and medical. get a camelbak, get lots of pmags, seek some basic medical training. I've heard the Red Cross offers courses, or you can even do an EMT course from a community college. the glock knife is an excellent value for around $30-40. boots are a personal, I like Merrells and Salomon. wear whatever clothes you would take hiking. no shorts. armor is expensive and I doubt you want to have a minimum $500 tied up just sitting in your closet. as for packs the sky is the limit. Kelty is good and so is surplus ILBE and FILBE. this is kinda like boots because the more you spend the better it will be. buy a Kelty now and save up for a Mystery Ranch or Kifaru.
skip gas masks, you'll never use it

For boots get waterproof. Even if you live in SoCal, wearing wet boots for a couple days will gimp you. This is a pretty person decision to make since it is footwear, but something with a heel is desirable.

For a pack, the current 3 day pack the Marines have it is called a FILBE. The Ye Olde Molle 3 day pack is basic but good.

All that combat armor shit important but not cheap. Since people will be running around with pistols and shotguns, get something with Kevlar that can hold a plate, not just a plate carrier.
Even if your plate gets fucked up, the kevlar can still provide protection from non rifle stuff.
That gasmask shit is to much though. Get a hazmat respirator like a 3M 6800. If you need the skin protection the military masks provides, the rest of your body is fucked.

Water proof can trap the water in. Lessons learned from the early years of OIF and OEF. If you're in a warm climate, a pair of quick drying boots would be a better choice. If you're in a cold region, then water proof is okay.

Just as an example, I'm in the military in the north east, and even during the winter months, most guys just wear their summer boots, even in the field.

this big woolen socks and lightboots

I don't have any gear besides respirators.

>about 30 full face mix of MDA ultra elites, ultra twins, and ultra vues
>plenty of p100 filters
>full 3m m400 papr set

I used to sell the full faces to a local gun shop in exchange for spam 7.62x54r.

the best web gear you can get as a poor fag for cheap is hands down ALICE gear and LBV 88's. stuff can be had cheaper than most Chicom gear and it works really well. you can get 3 AR mags or 2 308 mags or a bunch of stripper clips in one ALICE pouch, 6 AR mags in the LBV, plus there's pistol mag pouches, holsters, canteen covers, but packs, SAW pouches (which work nice as general purpose pouches for crap), and a shit ton of other stuff.

if you're running an AK type of rifle, you can get old Warsaw Pact AK mag pouches (personally, I like the Polish olive drab 3 cell pouch and the later East German 4 cell pouches with those green pull tabs and rings) and just have them on the belt along with your ALICE stuff.

one good alternative is also the Swiss M70 camo jacket which was designed to work as both a camo uniform and load bearing equipment. it has mag pouches on the torso which hold 5 mags total (pretty much any mag will fit, 308, 7.62x39, 5.56, whatever), two big side pockets, a couple of equipment pouches on the back for stuff like canteens, ponchos, MRE's, etc. and the one that I ordered came with a matching backpack which clips onto the shoulder straps. I wear mine with my ALICE belt strapped through the belt loops that hang around the height of the belly button.

(cont.)

>most 22 year olds dont make 100k per year
Git gud

(cont.)
if you really want some kind of body armor, a good option for PC's would be something from Condor. they tend to get clowned on for being an "airsofter brand", but the stitching on them is surprisingly strong and holds up pretty dang well. you might get bullied in /gq/. the things you will want to make sure to save your shekels for are good armor plates, make sure to get anti-spall coating on them!

as for helmets, there's several I'd recommend, depending on your situation. if you want good protection for fairly cheap, PASGT helmets are definitely the way to go, some other options however would be the Wz. 93 and the British Mk. 6. if you are going to be running headphones through your helmet then I would suggest getting an ACH. if you're really fucking poor and can't afford Kevlar shit, then I'd recommend getting a surplus steel helmet from either Romania, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, or Yugoslavia.

one last thing I'd really recommend: ponchos. they sound stupid and simple, but they're cheaper and frankly a lot more efficient than gore-tex shit, plus you can use them as a tarp for a tent shelter with a little bit of paracord and some stakes. you can get one surplus, but I personally like the ones from Helikon out of Poland- they're produced in a ripstop waterproof cloth and they come in camouflage patterns like woodland, MTP, Multicam, and Polish M93- and less than $30 a pop. definitely worth picking up.

Don't get jungle boots unless you are sure they fit right. If not, they will cause your toes to go numb, maybe permanently.

bump for intrest

you can nigger rig a modernized ALICE/SMERSH system
the condor H harness is like 15$, get any MOLLE belt for $5-$20, mag/gp pouches for $2 to $10 a piece
costs a bit more than a USGI ALICE but it's a modern equivalent for cheap

>helmets
lol are you expecting artillery?

I think poorfag gear goes to around 1000€ or dollar total.
Boots van easily cost around 200-300
Battle harness, chest rig, belt whatever you prefer 50-200
Backpack 100-200 get a good pack
Ifak depends
Clothes what you have and good camos 40-200

why is the backpack so much? I found a 3 day pack on amazon for $39 USD

Concussions from bumping your head will end your day.

Construction and industrial gear is a bit underrated as protective gear in the field. Consider that Caterpillar construction pants can be had in coyote brown and have knee pockets for pads, plus a number of other pockets for general outdoor use. Industrial safety glasses will protect your eyes from getting bashed from environmental hazards. Before ballistic helmets became a thing, helmets were there to protect the head from debris and bumps. Construction helmets, properly painted, provide this function, while also including features such as sun shades that reduce the debilitating effects of exposure immensely.

am i a retard if i buy a milsurp helmet for riding a motorcycle

kek'd

I am not entirely sure.
It might be that you spend so much time carrying it that it should be good to carry and rugged

What helmet?

Probably, those things aren't built for the same rigors that modern helmets are. You'd probably scramble your egg.

What about mag pouches and other MOLLE attachments?

Most likely, milspec helmets are meant to protect your head from falling debris and take a bullet or two, in which massive force is concentrated on a single point. If you wreck, there will be massive force from everywhere as you head bangs around the pavement. Just get a regular helmet like someone who wants to live, I'd even invest in those padded leathers, as scraping your limbs across asphalt is not a fun experience.

Yes, that would be retarded. Motorcycle helmets have a ton of R&D in them that protects against the concussion of a wreck, and also supports your neck as well.

Padding isn't so important in leathers. Abrasion resistance is key. Geunine leather leathers are still the best, though the synthetics are getting much better and they are often more comfortable than leather is, especially if you're a poorfag buying off-the-rack rather than having them made to measure. It doesn't matter how nice your leathers are if you don't wear them because they're uncomfortable.

usmc surplus like eagle, fireforce, and specter gear. cheap and modern.
you can spend hundreds more on brand new but its really not worth it unless you have a specific need for a slap charge pouch or 40mm belt from manufacturer XYZ.
also, just because it says its a "double mag pouch" or a "grenade pouch" doesnt mean thats the only thing you can put in it. for example i have a 100rd saw pouch i use to keep firestarting and a water filter

Yes, a steel shell helmet is primarily to protect you from shrapnel and falling debris. A motorcycle helm is built to keep your skull for splitting during one high speed impact. Right tool for the right job user

Yeah only get waterproof boots for the mountains and wet weather.

Bump