Why aren't you guys jumping on this?

Opportunities this good don't come by every day.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-08-07-14-31-56.png (1346x2290, 444K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-aojr_VZMH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How much
t. knows the sort of people who would actually be interested

>Person jet fighter
Makes me chuckle reading it

Just look it up. BTW, aircraft like this require tons of maintainence. The migs aren't built like the AK47s.

The single biggest obstacle is getting type-rated and insured to even fly it.
Maintenance and fuel is the second.

Imagine using one of these to fly to Mecca and blow up the moon cube.

Paul really was /our guy/.

very nice
Let's see paul allen's jet

Now user that's a great idea

Attached: 1565124806828.jpg (637x469, 55K)

I hear he had it painted pale nimbus white.

fuck off, Jow Forums

fuck man... imagine having your own MiG-29.

Attached: 1550263803531.gif (540x540, 1.75M)

Pretty sure the Saudi's would shoot you down, in the process crashing a few fighters due to pilot error of course.

>t.

Attached: 1555671460622.png (287x425, 124K)

Because Jow Forumsturds are broke basement dwellers.

Attached: kturd moms basement.jpg (2048x1536, 566K)

Attached: MecaHonk.jpg (500x304, 176K)

Paul Allen was also a giant hypocrite; he had an FFL/SOT. I tried to figure out which one was his, but it isnt a sole prop setup by him so its under a different company name or a sole prop setup by another person, he obviously knew you can look up every FFL so he didnt want his name directly on the FFL. BUT we know that a good number of his tanks had active cannons, even recently acquired ones which rules out stamping them given that wait times are 10-14 months out in WA. So the billionaire that worked and paid to get your rights stripped from you was actively acquiring NFA goodies

im glad paul allen is dead

>Mig
Slav guns: yee
Slav anything else: fuck the fuck off.
(They had one good tank tho)

I'm a fighter jet cognoscenti but of course I could never afford one, let alone fuel and maintain one. But I can still cast unfair judgment from my armchair

Isn't that what the most radical jihadists want who adopt the strictest form of the Islamic ban on idolatry?

all the weapons control stuff had to be stripped for it to be imported

Someone should dismantle it, reverse engineer it and build sell new ones as kit planes. The mig-29 is one of the last fighters without fly by wire and unstable designs. Much of the aluminum structure could likely be replaced with carbon fiber which is easier for low volume production.

Just Arduino some bitch up in there

It would straight up be easier to just take the dimensions and outwardly appearance and rebuild a newer (and simpler) airplane into the "shell". Reverse engineering it would inherit so much stuff you're not gonna need that the amount of work necessary would probably be the same.

More like US pilots deployed from a nearby carrier or a Patriot missile battery unit will take you down after multiple Saudi failures due to incompetence. The US government will still claim that Saudis shot them down in order to save their strategic ally some face.

Why is there no market for mach >1 planes for the super rich?

You posted that terrible idea in a previous thread a few days ago and everyone told you what a terrible idea that was

Takes a lot of time and effort to learn to fly them safely, and there’s a lot more rewarding things most rich people would rather be doing.

Yeah, they all fly the planes on their own...

>slav stuff universally sucks
The Aero Vodochody L39 is a fine plane.

But let's see what his card looks like.

>Pretty sure the Saudi's would shoot you down, in the process crashing a few fighters due to pilot error of course.

Low and fast.

Well, if you’re not flying a fighter jet, why buy it just to ride in the back? If you’re talking about supersonic business jets, some companies are starting to invest in potential designs, but the reduced travel time has yet to justify the vastly increased maintenance, airframe, and regulatory costs that come with a supersonic aircraft.

>no weaponry
>shit fuel economy
>hella expensive fuel
>illegal to fly supersonic over US soil
>a lot more no fly restrictions I believe
Nah

Attached: 1564061342243.jpg (400x400, 29K)

There were always concepts for supersonic business jets. The main problem is that those planes weren't economic even close of reasonable.

The only hope for supersonic jets to take off is that variable cycle engines become a thing in the future.

And yet it failed comercially once the Iron Curtain fell...

Fuel is the same as for any other jet plane.
The maintenance of those 2 engines is what makes it unaffordable.

How many times do we need to spank you?

Attached: 706db95b2ed319a9a32130efe760cef2.png (1000x1417, 510K)

Do you really think anybody on Jow Forums has money?

This is Jow Forums, almost everything on this board is expensive to some degree. There's certainly richfags, but whether or not any of them are that rich is another question.

>It would straight up be easier to just take the dimensions and outwardly appearance and rebuild a newer (and simpler) airplane into the "shell". Reverse engineering it would inherit so much stuff you're not gonna need that the amount of work necessary would probably be the same.
It would just be mundane stuff like control surface pushrods and landing gear, most of it is as you say would probably just be a new CF tub built to the same shape. You might need some metal bulkheads near the engines and landing gear, then again scaled composites space ships are little more than giant CF tubs.

How about swapping the engines for F110s
Better fuel efficiency, less maintenance, easier to source spares, comparable thrust and weight

do u even cobr.. uh nevermind.

>YoU CaNt JuSt GlUe A bUnCh oF cArBoN fIbEr ToGeThEr AnD fLy In It!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=-aojr_VZMH0

You might not realize the amout of mechanical stress that an airframe like that go under, and how crucial picking the right material for it is.
If you somehow decided to rebuild a MiG-29 with carbon fiber, even partially, you'd have to fly test and certify the whole type all over again.

You're giving me an aneurysm

>You might not realize the amout of mechanical stress that an airframe like that go under, and how crucial picking the right material for it is.
>If you somehow decided to rebuild a MiG-29 with carbon fiber, even partially, you'd have to fly test and certify the whole type all over again.
Mig-29 is mostly aluminium with some scandium-aluminum alloy in select places, they were too poor to make use of titanium parts. Migs aren't certified in the west you have to register them as experimental, it's literally easier to register experimental replicas because no one wants to deal with USSR quality.

That particular MiG flew in the US.
Rebuilding it wouldn't be easier.

Motherfucker, they had plenty of titanium at their disposal. They built some of their subs with it. They used a shit ton of it in the MiG-25 and MiG-31. What are you on about?

Then just go russian jihad on them by slamming the jet directly into the cube instead.

EVEN if were somehow possible to reverse-engineer a MiG-29 out of carbon fibre, it would be a complete commercial flop. Btw, you got a half-billion dollars burning a hole in your pocket? Because that's like the best case scenario for just the reverse-engineering and modelling stage.

At this point you could just buy an afterburning engine from GE or PW and design your own supersonic trainer around it.

Just turn the entire thing into the ultimate sims flying computer imulater computer game that can also playace combat games and other games and refit the controls and play elite dangerous and change the canopy glass cover with monitor screen and bam you got yourself a sick ass gaming rig

>Motherfucker, they had plenty of titanium at their disposal. They built some of their subs with it. They used a shit ton of it in the MiG-25 and MiG-31. What are you on about?
They used steel instead for the mig-25 and mig-31 due to cost of working with titanium. They're flying bricks.

>see my neighbor spent all of his ex wife's son's college funds in the auction to get some russian jet last month
>my neighbor has spent that same month getting the jet in his back yard and somehow jury rigged the thing to where it is somehow his personal use of some sort despite being decommissioned
>every damn day my neighbor comes outside and crawls up inside the jet and pmays some kind of game inside the thing and the wings move and i see the gun spin few times and the missle hooks open up as if it is launching missles
>i hear him scream either in excitement or in frustration and i hear alot of rumbling inside the jet
>just recently i noticed he now only comes out to either use the bathroom or eat from his house
>noticed he is using the power outlet from both his and my own house but i am afraid to protest because i spotted him last night eating from my pet's dog bowl from the back yard last night
>i wish i could move...

>implying removing kebab isn't a time honored Jow Forums hobby

Only thing missing is the moment he shits and when he pulls the lever thi king it is the toilet flusher it was actually the emergency seat ejector and he is ejected from the jet and his shit filled fatass lands right on top of your house and crashes through your roof and lands inside your room looking at you all upset then screams "GET ME FUCKING CHICKEN TENDIES NOW GODDAMNIT!!!"

>EVEN if were somehow possible to reverse-engineer a MiG-29 out of carbon fibre, it would be a complete commercial flop. Btw, you got a half-billion dollars burning a hole in your pocket? Because that's like the best case scenario for just the reverse-engineering and modelling stage.
Boom supersonic are close to flying their mach 2.2 airliner prototype with $150m covering design, wind tunnel testing and prototype construction + flights.

>that bed
I feel itchy

>their mach 2.2 airliner prototype
Yeah, the XB-1 demonstrator. The actual airliner design 'The Overture' is barely on the drawing board. Far more money is getting eaten for development yet.

Getting stuff to fall of aircraft isn't exactly rocket surgery, gravity and airflow still works just fine.
Precision might not be the best but it can be compensated for with enough payload.

>They used a shit ton of it in the MiG-25 and MiG-31.
If they had maybe they wouldn't have been such narrowly limited airframes in terms of capability.
The only reason the MiG-31 is even still around is because they can't afford new long distance missile integration for the various Flanker versions, or the Flankers would have replaced them ages ago since they do everything except straight line dash intercept speed much better than the MiG-31 could ever hope to do.

I just checked, the The Overture program cost is slated to be 6 billion dollars.

Pretty sure the Israelis will sneak a shaped charge with a pressure plate into the MiGs headrest

Jow Forums is like 60% muslim, hence all the fervent jewish/israel hate.

>OH YEAH, PAUL ALLEN, I BOUGHT PAUL ALLENS JET

>illegal to fly supersonic over US soil
Wait, like for personal reasons? Why not just get a commercial pilot's license?

happy someone was thinking what i was

Fuck Paul Allen

HE'LL YEAH DALE ALL THIS TALK ABOUT ISRAEL IS ALL THE WORK OF MOSLEMS OR "MUDSLIMES" LIKE I LIKE TO CALL THEM
FUCKING KING HUSSEIN OBONGO GOT ALL THEM ILLEGAL SOMALIS VISAS SO THEY CAN "SHIT POST" ON FOUR-CHANNEL DOT ORG
- JIM

------------------------------------------------------
UNITED STATES NAVAL CADET CORPS 1966-1967
1969 CHEVROLET CORVETTE "HELLRAISER"
1971 PLYMOUTH "THUNDER CAT" HEMI'CUDA

Breaking the sound barrier creates a LOT of noise. Prohibited for pretty much everyone

>no one outside of Jow Forums has ever thought of this

You know, old fighter jets are only like 3/4 of a million dollars. You could get that if you tried.

Attached: 1459955382118.jpg (477x360, 30K)

Just fly it in Alaska or over the ocean somewhere where no-one cares.

I'd gladly own an Su-27. Less enthusiastic about the Mig-29.

I'm going to miss having it come to our blast fence to run engines. It shakes the entire hangar when it goes to full power on a single engine

You have enough money for a 1911 & holster, tomahawk & a fucking Pilum. But you don't own a vacuum or a bucket, soap and water?

What a cunt. Imagine the ego. Laws for me not for thee. All the same. I can respect libertarians. No laws for me or you either.

>Why aren't you guys jumping on this?

Because it's not a 12 gun MkIIB Hurricane.

Attached: 67264_1280949562.jpg (1500x1019, 312K)

Nah I'll buy it. I don't trust yids but I'm not about to give a shit about Palestinians, Iranians, or any other Muslim ethnicity. Not even those commie-turd Kurds.

This
The type rating alone will cost a fortune with an instructor and all the hours you need to get it.
Also, don't forget the insurance. A student pilot on a mig? Fuuuuk.

Just put it in your backyard.