Poor man's G31

Will a stock OEM glock 31 barrel drop into a glock 22 without any modification? (for gen 3 glocks)

If so then why the hell are people paying $100-200 for 357 sig conversion barrels when the replacement oem G31 barrel is like $50?

also, just thoughts on .357 sig in general? I've never fired one but i'm looking to add a more powerful handgun in my collection and police trade in G22s are just so cheap. I have a G17 and am happy with that but just not sure if the hype about .357 sig or 10mm is true or just hype.

Attached: BUPAbbsIMAAzUHh.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2s3Ftp97ONs
bearcreekarsenal.com/bca-glock-31-357-replacement-barrel-stainless-steel-threaded-unbranded
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

.357 is a glorified 9mm+P with less mag capacity

>.357 is a glorified 9mm+P

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 6K)

I carry a G32. It shoots a little harsher than a 19 but it’s not any harder to shoot if you aren’t a feminine trap.

.357 Sig sort of is just glorified 9mm, but in the same way that 5.56 is glorified .22. It’s just a higher velocity 9mm. More energy behind the same weight rounds

>.357 Sig sort of is just glorified 9mm
why do people keep saying this?

like yeah, the bullets are identical but there is so much more powder that the muzzle energy is 30-40% more for an average 9mm vs average .357 sig.

And trying to compare a plus P 9mm with an average 357 is apples and oranges when plus P 357's will blow the socks off any 9mm plus P or not.

people also say 9mm isn't substantially more effective out of longer carbine barrels so it makes sense that they'd carry the thinking over to .357 sig

OP is talking about 357 SIG not .357 magnum you dumb boomer

its barely more velocity than a 9mm

>with an average 357 is apples and oranges when plus P 357's
thats how i know you are dumb sub 25 year old. theres no SAAMI spec for +P .357 you dummy, theres no such thing as it.

honestly children shouldnt be allowed to own guns until they reach adulthood. minimum age for gun ownership should be 30

>when plus P 357's will blow the socks off any 9mm plus P or not.
show me ONE brand of +P .357 sig

No such thing as 357sig +p
65grain loads of 357sig has a velocity of 2000+ fps
I'm still want a pcc chambered for 357sig

so just because there is no standard for what a +P 357 sig would be that means there is no such thing as one? jeez, you guys betters better stay away from sharp edges and paint if you honestly think people aren't hand loading 357 sig to hotter than factory specs
youtu.be/2s3Ftp97ONs

Your guacamole is going to turn brown in the fridge like that. Juice half a lime onto the surface and press the plastic wrap directly onto it trying to remove all air bubbles.

>guacamole
Glockamole, user. One job.

summer

Fuck, is it too late to blame it on autocorrect or the fact that I'm phone posting from work?

124 grain .357 Sig is over 1400, underwood 9mm 124 +P+ is at 1300 and that’s stretching it out pretty much as far as it will go. Still almost 100 lbs less muzzle energy (which I know is a meme and means almost nothing but there is a fairly significant difference in the amount of energy you’re moving to whatever you’re shooting at).

The 465 that underwood puts out is approaching the limit of what you can get out of 9mm. The .357 I carry is well over 700

>Why do Glocks explode?
It needs a recoil spring too. 357Sig is a gimmick round. If you want a more potent .40 you get the 10mm. The extra velocity does not automatically translate to better terminal performance but it does significantly increase recoil.

>Replacement oem barrel is $50

That's bullshit, Glock oem barrels are around $200 unless this is some clearance thing

get a ruger pc carbine in 40, then ream a 9mm barrel chamber out for 357 sig; and there you go.

>Will a stock OEM glock 31 barrel drop into a glock 22 without any modification?
Yes. You should also consider that there can be some other slight differences between .40 and .357 sig glocks, namely when it comes to earlier gen mag followers(newer ones are identical) which can effect the gen 3s. Also just as an fyi the ejector and TMH on the gen 4 g22 and gen 4 g31 are slightly different, not that it matters for your purposes. Also be aware that gen 3 40 S&W glocks are a little more trouble prone than the other calibers were.
>If so then why the hell are people paying $100-200 for 357 sig conversion barrels
Some are higher quality, others are cheaper(G31 barrels are 100+ from glock), also glocks a bunch of fags that require you to call them up and tell them the serial of your firearm before selling you one "to make sure its compatible". They have no such policy for .40 S&W barrels that drop straight in to .357 sig guns though.
>also, just thoughts on .357 sig in general?
Truly impressive when properly loaded. Underwood 125gr GDs for instance penetrate adequately, expand very well, and have been routinely chrono'd at 1550fps from a 4.5" barrel. Similarly their XD loadings penetrate adequately, will punch through most soft armor, and travel at rifle velocities from a 4.5" bbl(nearly 2200fps). All of this with recoil lower than comparable power .40 S&W loads, which makes for great cheap practice ammo(17-19cpr online for cheap stuff)
Ignore 9mm apologists
A heavier recoil spring is definitely a wise long term decision if you want to use high power loads like from underwood.

Imagine handloading 357sig to achieve 3000fps with a retard load at 65grains

Attached: 1554254981504.jpg (680x740, 70K)

just put some tomato sauce or salsa on top of the glock

Is this the handgun version of the loudenboomer?

not OEM but made to OEM specs, bearcreekarsenal.com/bca-glock-31-357-replacement-barrel-stainless-steel-threaded-unbranded

>Imagine handloading 357sig to achieve 3000fps with a retard load at 65grains
a weapon to surpass 5.7

BCA barrels are actually better than the OEM barrels
Bought a. Total of two for my previous Glock and sweighty builds.

post em

Attached: IMG_20190506_123749280.jpg (3840x2160, 2.98M)

Attached: IMG_20190703_212236324~2.jpg (2160x1578, 615K)

The barrels themselves are supported as well so the rounds going into battery are pretty tight

still waiting on the soft pew tube?

Nah
Subsonic 357sig with a suppressor is pretty pointless when you can do it with a 9mm. A comp or muzzle break would be the better option.