/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Mexican AFI Edition
>Thread #870

Old thread here

Attached: 67346532_488103051943163_2312857774464774793_n.jpg (1080x1155, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
theakforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14801
childersguns.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>AK Buyers Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Sorta finished up on this Nova Draco NAK9
She purty

Attached: IMG_20190803_123117781.jpg (2307x5344, 1.67M)

she cute

Attached: ak triji.jpg (4032x3024, 2.69M)

Should I buy an underfolder ?

Attached: IMG_20190505_144252.jpg (4634x2606, 2.3M)

Hey Guys. Possibly getting a WASR10 and I want to change the stock wood/grip on it because I don't like them.

I was gonna order from sovietstocks and get the Izhmash color (I want this to look as much like a traditional classic AK as possible) and I was wondering about Bakelite vs Wood grips. What is closer to the original use or most commonly battle used AK grip?

Also does anyone have any other recommendations than sovietstocks for me to get wood?

Thanks

Attached: akizamash.png (965x710, 1.3M)

Last I checked legion had some nice blonde stock sets

Attached: 7.jpg (3024x4032, 2.32M)

Can't decide between a WASR or a WBP Fox. What do, /akg/?

Attached: BloodStainedAKM.jpg (500x634, 55K)

Man I would totally get one of those if I liked the blonde color, I wanted it to be a little darker though

I was looking at these and just decided to get a WASR10 after hearing about them forever. I feel like they are a good definition of what an AK is supposed to be and they are pretty well proven. I watched the WASR10 10,000 rds later video by the AK Operators Union guy on youtube before deciding.

Is it a cardinal sin to put polish furniture on a WASR? I love the color and texture of the new WBP stocks, and i want to put a cleaning kit in the stock.

Bruh who cares do what you want
Idk if the stock will fit tho iirc the wbp has a different rear with the Beryl mount so I know you have to modify it to get stamped stocks to fit on the wbp but I'm not sure about going the other way.

On armsofamerica there are two different sets for sale I think, one says its cut out for the beryl-style trunnion, the other doesnt. I think that means that the normal one should fit

Either would be correct on an AKM, it's only the question of what aesthetic you like better

theakforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14801
Take a look

Had this stock for a while. I need some ideas on what to build with it. Don't currently have a rifle with a 5.5 rear, but i do have a 5.5 trunnion laying around in a box somewhere.

Attached: 20190807_094744.jpg (3264x2448, 2.18M)

Get a Saiga and convert it, or sell me the stock and trunnion.

Attached: IMG_E2073r.jpg (2155x1855, 1.33M)

i took the refurb izhmash set from soviet stocks and put it on my maadi, i think it looks pretty good

Attached: MAADi.jpg (756x1008, 1.21M)

Have an unconverted 762x39. But i kind of wanted to keep thst one as is. Was hoping ill come across another saiga for sale someday

I have a shit ton of 5.56x45mm who makes good AKs in that chambering?

Arsenal 106f's are still around, you should probably get one of those and some circle 10s from kvar while you still can.

Does kvar not carry the 556 rifles anymore?

Are all Segas set up for the 5.5mm rear trunnion angle?

Nobody carries any non-7.62 AK with any regularity these days, you'll have to check whatever vendors are out there.

wasr will give you 80,000 reliable rounds minimum with an ugly finish and machining. who the fuck knows what wbp, a commercial product from the beginning, will give you

Isn't the WASR technically a "commercial product" as well?

Hey, I am thinking about getting a refurb from soviet stocks. Were you happy with it?

Also excuse the noob question but I saw that it says "undrilled" and I am not sure what that means, did you have to drill it out yourself to have it fit your rifle?

Just getting my first AK and it is currently in shipping, want to take the stock furniture off my wasr but not sure what to do

Nope, gonna require cutting and trimming for that.
undrilled means the screw holes aren't drilled.

So they're at the 4.5 trunnion angle? I'd rather do a AKS-74, tbqh

No they're not any angle, they're straight. Any fixed stock AK is gonna need trimming and cutting to allow a folding trunnion.

i love everything about mine except it's harder to mount an optic bc no side rail. I've got the circle 11 polish underfolder and it's super quality

Did you do any other work to it or is that what it looked like when you got it? They look sharp...

where get that handguard?

AKFiles

Attached: 6.jpg (4032x3024, 3.65M)

Holy shit why can none of you get the format right?
If you dont know the format, dont make a thread. It's literally that simple.

Any know where one can get an rpk74 front Trunnion

That is the correct format, friend.
Been making it that way since Thread #1.
I stopped making threads as much, so if others fuck it up, that's on them
It goes
>/akg/ AK General in the subject line
>AK General /akg/
>the "Edition"
>Thread #
Space
>link to the old thread.
Then the pastebin in the first post.

Attached: 28765955_170758543578656_7158541821830758400_n.jpg (640x480, 62K)

can anyone here help?

can someone recomment a rail that doesnt need the lower handguard retainer lever and pin? i fucked mine up by drilling it out on accident, can i put a rail over it somehow?

pic related, i drilled out the circled rivet and the pin has now been replaced with a regular machine bolt and nut from home depot. i didnt know the lever moved to unlock the handguard

Attached: IMG_1025web.jpg (365x365, 28K)

Wow what a fucking retard, why would you do that? How do you 'accidentally' permanently fuck up your rifle?

fucking lmao
anything would work as long as it leaves access to your bolt/nut bubba shit

>How do you 'accidentally' permanently fuck up your rifle?
he seemed to describe that quite well you retard no. 2

Look again retard. Particularly the subject/starting line

Nothing about drilling out a lever pin sounds accidental to me retard.

>accident

Attached: kek.gif (220x211, 35K)

whatever retard, you'll learn to read one day

>READ MANUAL BEFORE USE

i was trying to remove the lower handguard and didnt realize the pin could rotate, or the pin rotated but wasnt letting the handguard go. i dont remmeber since i did it years ago

ARs sound more your speed. AKs just aren't for you.

What am I missing then, smart guy?

Post a pic you absolute retard

no youll just make fun of me more. i think it was a legit problem its just been so long i dont remember. i think what happened was the lever snapped so i had no choice but to drill and punch it out. i think it was really stuck or frozen with the park finish or a bit of rust, and i coudlnt rotate it by hand, then when i tried to tap it with a hammer and punch i still couldnt get movement, i let it soak in oil and tried again and still nothing, then i used pliers and it snapped so i had to drill it out. im pretty sure thats what happened, it was almost 20 years ago its hard to remember exactly

anyway i cant seem to find someone with the rivet tool to replace it locally and was wondering if i can just swap it out to a rail and not use the retainer at all

Sporter vepr or sam7R?

you could probably smash it with a good punch

I'm in the market for a Ak-47 receiver to fit a Rommi Parts kit where would I find the best price?

Attached: 4ba77c764f3e9b56054db79efdde58a8.png (1191x1536, 1.05M)

childersguns.com/

There's nothing wrong with it?

You can cut off the whole thing with a dremel and then use a clamp on handguard retainer. Not sure how you haven't come across one of those in your search.
I've got one on my Sega that I'm planning on getting rid of, if you want it.

sam7r by far. not even close are you memeing

i havent searched yet, i just remembered i had this problem and started posting here for ideas on what to do. i dont know anything about AK rails currently on the market thats why i was asking you guys if you knew of any that didnt require use of the handguard retainer

Vepr by far, not even close are you memeing.

wtf which one someone chime in and do a tiebreaker

a sporter vepr is a 700-800$ gun.
sam7 is 1200-1300.
assuming you're paying the same price, you should go sam7.

>look how nice my guns are, someone pls say something nice
>SAM7 owner thinks his opinions are worth any more than the pictures he posts

Attached: vroom.png (592x622, 721K)

>investing in a piece of shit that will depreciate in value rather than an import banned rifle that is made to better spec and quality
Sam7s are for boomers who were too late for the actual imports and are too bitter to admit it

Attached: 1523158020040.jpg (3930x1560, 1.32M)

This, get a vepr.

Isn't an issue with the VEPR that you have to get that sloped stock attachment in order to pull off a proper AK stock? At least I thought that was the case, but now I am seeing VEPRs without the little sloped gap.

Ok disregard suck dicks, I understand there were those FM VEPRs without it. I assume you can't put a conventional AK folding stock on a VEPR FM (the ones without the slant cutout)? Only club-foot RPk, VEPR-FM folding paratrooper esque stock, or some AR adapter?

The FM veprs MIGHT end up collectable, but the same can't be said for the sporter. Unlike the FM, the sporters were imported in massive numbers, and aren't in correct AK configuration.
If you think a vepr sporter is of better build quality than a sam7 then you're delusional. Also, sam7s were never available as a preban import. You have no idea what you're talking about.
The sporter veprs are castrated guns that need quite a few modifications to return to your standard ak configuration. Even then, it's still a shadow. You have a different barrel, different front retainer, and different rear receiver. These things that you cannot change. You're better off ponying up and getting the FM.
No. you're stuck with rpk stuff.

>faggots who think sporter vepr ain't beautiful like it is
lmao

>cope
should've bought the FM
the extra 200$ would've been well worth it back then

Yeah as much as I remember the sporter VEPR felt nice to hold I want something more authentic, particularly as I'm liable to purchase 2 AKs this year and/or next year and not purchase any more for a long time. So I am aiming for my 47 to be adequate (was either WASR or the AK 47 RIFLE M10-762 DIY) and my 74 to be very satisfactory (VEPR or Arsenal). It sounds like FM VEPR or hold out and hope that Arsenal will release something again for me.

Does Arsenal even still sell or ever sold SLR104CRs? 5.45 but in that semi-krinkov format? I don't want to SBR but I liked the idea of chopped down barrel and pinned. Then again I might do that with my 7.62, but I felt like the pitiful recoil (barely existing) on 5.45 made it great for a shorter barrel.

>sam7
>authentic
Looking at the rest of this post you really don't know shit lol. Just get the sam7 and leave the VEPRs for people you actually appreciate AKs.

I never said the sam7 was authentic or inauthentic buddy. I am and I haven't participated in that sam7/vepr fight, I'm trying to get educated.

Citristrip worked for the most part, I'll have to revisit it. Or are those gray marks there forever?

Attached: IMG_20190807_164908.jpg (1080x1545, 251K)

74 FM imo.
You can still find those folders for pre-ban hype prices.

Or to clarify, I assumed if the other user was correct then it wasn't authentic if it had a different barrel, front retainer, rear receiver. If that is not the case feel free to correct him and help educate me.

I haven't seen the SLR104CRs for a while. Arsenal is terrible with their import consistency.

Chest rigs go

the front retainer and rear receiver are obviously different, but can someone clarify on the barrels?
It's understandable different because of the different barrel length, but what about a sporter at the same barrel length?

Are people unironically comparing sam7s to veprs.
This conversation would've been so alien 3 years ago.
You zoomers are insane.

of these 3 which have similar prices which would you recommend for a 3rd AK:

Arsenal SAM 7R
AES10B
VEPR FM-AK47

In this day and age, the vepr.
1300$ for a giant wasr is insane.
sam7r you can buy anytime, and probably score for sub1k on the used market.

That’s because they never made a 104CR

oh then im retarded

Imagine thinking you've got a handle on the AK market and then posting this

are they not bad with import consistency though? I remember they were constantly putting out and retracting inventory info.

Chest rig a shit

Attached: IMG_20190807_172124.jpg (1094x1080, 418K)

lmao what is that

When the noguns act like tripfags

>You have a different barrel
Yea because its a RPK barrel its better

>different front retainer
You can swap it out for a normal AK retainer and use normal AK handguards

>different rear receiver
You can just buy a $50 adapter and you can use normal AK stocks

You are the one who does not know what he is talking about.

Any Vepr(FM or Sporter) will be better than any meme7

SADF battle jacket I believe.

Hot take, newfag. Of course they're bad.

battle jacket a shit

Attached: IMG_20190420_144347.jpg (4160x3120, 439K)

What dremel do y'all recommend for bubbasmithing?

t. Can only engage up to 90 additional targets
If only you could lug along two drum mags like me

Attached: IMG_20190807_181623.jpg (1794x931, 808K)

>he doesn't know there's two mag slots per pouch

The subject and starting line are supposed to inverses of one another, not the same, as it is in the OP. Instead of
>AK General /akg/ : /akg/ AK General
Its
>/akg/ AK General : /akg/ AK General
It's funny how you try to ironically call me a smart guy just because you lack the most basic of reading comprehension. What's your reading level at, exactly? 9th grade?

They’re fun, hard to go wrong with a vepr for a first 5.56. Izzy and Romanian are good too, and my 106ur is cool, but I have a soft spot for Yugo 5.56 guns.
>tfw sold plum Saiga but building a milled 5.56 soon
Should be super smooth, torn between going with a Sam-5 type setup or using a combo block

Attached: A0427CB3-4146-4FE5-9D00-37C123C96D1F.jpg (2016x1512, 907K)

Lmao. Kvar probably still has replacement levers, easy enough to install

nobody outside of this zoomer imageboard thinks vepr>sam7 kys.
Also sporter veprs r a fucking joke.

I think you're confused. You said inverse, yet the example you posted as how its supposed to be is identical.
Its always been
>/akg/ AK General : AK General /akg/
Perhaps you should check the archives for reference in the future.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-07-18-44-41.png (1080x1920, 970K)