Do you carry brass knuckles? Why or why not?

Do you carry brass knuckles? Why or why not?

I'm heavily considering buying and carrying pic related, its about to be legal in my state and I just moved to an area with a lot of diversity, so it would be nice to have something to carry with me when I'm just in basketball shorts walking to the gas station or whatever. Also, concerning employment, would it be smarter to have the knuckles on the lead hand? I know most people put them on the rear hand for power, but I've kind of got the feeling that I can land my jab many more times over than a cross, and knuckles on top of a snappy jab would absolutely cut someone up in a couple punches. Thoughts?

Attached: Irish-Devil-5_2.jpg (670x517, 95K)

You dont punch or jab with knuckles its a good way of breaking your fingers. You rake across using your wrist and arm dragging the weighted knuckles across something. It is not a defensive weapon in any sense. Thats why there were banned because the mob was using them with gruesome effect. Tieing someone up and breaking skulls and such

Brass knuckles are a shitty weapon in general. Yes, you can crack skulls with it but you could do that with a hammer and look way less suspicious.

If you want a weapon, just get a knife. As utilitarian as possible and as sturdy as possible.

Knives are shit at self defense. They are last ditch emergency weapons at best. Just try looking for someone who didnt go to jail for trying to defend himself with a knife.

While he probably should have one if his life was in that bad of a situation id unironicly say carry pepper spray. You are better off getting away from the threat.

Obviously get a gun as it is the best option.

>Do you carry brass knuckles? Why or why not?
No, I carry a gun like a normal person.

I used to carry them in college. Apparently it was a felony due to stupid malum prohibitum laws.
Thankfully the retarded police never found out.

>Mostly less than lethal
>Will still be considered lethal in court
>Will also make you look like someone looking for a fight
>Offers no range advantage
Get a gun, if you can't get a gun get a knife

A knife is still better than brass knuckles and less likely to get you arrested.

Pepper spray, stun guns, and tasers are indeed best, though.

for EDC, id actually rate pepper spray over a pocket pistol

a full sized pistol is too cumbersome, especially when you dont have heavy clothing to help conceal it
and at least pepper spray will blind even a determined attacker which is equally as good as what a 7-shot pocket pistol will do in about 99% of most situations

>mostly less than lethal

>Just try looking for someone who didnt go to jail for trying to defend himself with a knife.
You're equally fucked if you used brass knuckles.That's why a smart person doesn't just stand around and wait for cops to arrive.A smart person goes to the nearest river or lake and chunks the weapon as hard as they can.

Anyone know where Brass knuckles can be bought?

>pepper spray will blind even a determined attacker
Nope
>which is equally as good as what a 7-shot pocket pistol will do
Also nope. In what world is getting some irritant in your eyes equivalent to perforated lungs?

I diagnose you with big retardation.

Prisonbro here!

I work in an area where I get dosed, not often enough to become immune, but pretty often. With shit that is way more potent than the common pepper sprays people use for personal protection.

My first ever time getting hit with DPS OC, I didn't feel a thing for several minutes.

Then for the prison I got hit with something called "LE-10" which is extra spicy. I was able to open my eyes almost immediately. It sucked. But I could blink rapidly and get a pretty good picture of what I was doing.

Lastly? People who are shitbags, just like Police and CO's know what pepperspray feels like. The meme wears off when it doesn't surprise you anymore. Get a gun. I've wrestled people in pools of OC and managed to do ok.

1. No
2. They're gay
3. Learn how to punch properly
4. Knuckles are not for SD, they are to sap someone unless they're attached to the guard of a trench knife.

What about the pepper sprays that have CS (teargas) mixed in? I remember the “confidence chamber in boot camp and it was incapacitating to everyone, didn’t matter how tough you were the physiology of it meant you couldn’t see or breath nearly instantly.

>for EDC, id actually rate pepper spray over a pocket pistol
I would love to rob you. Easy pickins. Pepper spray doesn't work the way you think it does. I'd maul your stupid little ass.

>carrying tear gas around everyday
Enjoy jail.

Can kill, not likely to.
Didn't know a better way to say it

Why would you use tear gas that relies on quantity of the gas to become and remain effective? CS is great for dispersing crowds. It's shit for defending yourself. It wears off after a few minutes, and like your drill sergeant, people can be resistant to it vis exposure or sheer badassery.

Also what is up with people saying pepper spray and CS are good ideas for self defense? Are we still being flooded with idiots because The Hacker Jow Forums was blamed for El Paso happening?

Yeah it's leftist shills and summer Jow Forumsids

Jesus. Guns are the only answer for the best self defense. Cops use tasters and OC because they have a gun to go to if things don't work. Prison guards rove in packs covered in armor to do their 'tard wranglin'. If your in a prison as a CO and you're the point of contact between security and a mad Gigg Nigga, you get fucked up more often than not. (Because Liberals took away all the teeth prison guards had just 10-20 years ago.)

I carry 2 finger brass knuckles, much easier to conceal.

Pretty sure brass knuckles are illegal to sell or to use as a concealed carry weapon in the majority of states. But there are loopholes where companies will sell them as "belt buckles". So you buy the "belt buckle", undo the little pin that holds it onto your belt and boom, you've got brass knuckles. I've seen them in a lot of military surplus stores.

I never saw anyone be resistant to it. The “drill sergeant who’s so badass he ignores it” is a myth. You might be able to stand there and pretend to smile for a moment or two but as soon as it hits your eyes full with tears and you can’t see, and the secretions in your nose and throat make breathing difficult. It’s not a matter of pain or willpower it’s biology.

And then that "smart" person gets caught within a week because it's fucking 2019 and security cameras are everywhere.

Dude. After working where I do, CS has a much lesser effect on me. 90% of both OC and CS is psychology. I get dosed with CS regularly too. I work with people who just walk through it, coughing, but fine. Same goes for inmates. I have seen little Goblinos and Skinheads continue their mini race war in a cloud of CS.

You can in fact become resistant to both via exposure, willpower, or simply not caring. Any cop will tell you this. Any CO will tell you this. Many security guards will tell you this. And anyone in the military can tell you that and will act like it's common knowledge. You bring up biology, some humans are biologically predisposed to not reacting to chemical irritants like average people, and some people are predisposed to have an over-reaction.

I guarantee you if your attacker is close enough to effectively use pepper spray, then he is close enough to cut you up, blast you point blank, or just tackle you and smash your skull into the pavement. None of those things require much eyesight and pepper spray isn't "magical immobilization spray" against a determined attacker. At best, pepper spray is a deterrant and might buy you some time to run away.

OC is not a chemical irritant it’s a nociceptor stimulant. CS on the other hand has a measurable effect on lacrimal glands and mucous membranes independent of the pain response. Lots of people in the military and such will claim to be resistant to it or know someone who is but it’s all big fish stories and posturing, “yeah my drill instructor was so badass he used to eat lunch in there just for fun.” No. While you might be able to resist some of the discomfort from CS through willpower the simple fact is that you will not be able to fight as effectively when your eyes are full of water and airways are full of secretions. One cannot be resistant to the effects of CS anymore than they can be to mustard gas.

>he doesn’t have a trench knife in his shtf loadout
Never gonna make it dough boy

Attached: 63A39E0D-B43E-43BD-8E8C-0EE0C256C385.jpg (900x648, 325K)

OC (pepper spray) =\= CS (teargas)

Again. Most of the exposure to CS/OC is based on willpower and lack of panic once exposed. Why do you think they make soldiers stand in it? There is some level of lessening of your reaction due to exposure.

And how is this better than just shooting an attacker?

CS is even worse than OC for personal defense.

>unleash CS in an urban area
>AC unit sucks it in
>some restaraunt gets a dose
>wind blows it towards a crowded area
>wind blows it at you
>You get dosed regardless and have to be on equal footing with Jamal if he doesn't run.

Say "no" to brass knuckles and "yes" to ass knuckles.

Attached: 1558472805064.jpg (574x1015, 166K)

I don't, because I'm not fourteen.

@warcrimesman on fb here, I have a set of knuckles, ama

Attached: knuckles.png (513x513, 265K)