Why are they orange, Jow Forums?

Why are they orange, Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_0380__29202.1524510061.1280.1280.jpg (960x1280, 639K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenol_formaldehyde_resin
youtube.com/watch?v=JAVSsQpyW7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It’s the fiberglass in the resin

Why not paint it black after though?
Won't it be more visible?

do you like cocks in your butt?

Because the communist doctrine was quite literally "good enough" brown bake is fine.

>paint it black
You know it snows in Russia right?

>Why not paint it black
Does it look like a red door to you?

Yeah

Attached: chuckles in russian.jpg (284x362, 41K)

No it isnt.

More indian casspirs please.

Is black ak with wood mag peak AK aesthetic?

Attached: 1565138741433.jpg (1033x703, 555K)

>wood mag

Attached: 1554403233428.jpg (249x249, 32K)

>wood mag

>wood mag

Attached: anime dyatalov.jpg (960x720, 76K)

Because they are.

Attached: IMG_1020.jpg (4032x3024, 2.84M)

>paint it black

Attached: here-we-go-58246c6639872.png (800x850, 135K)

You boomer hoarding POS.

Because if ur going to shoot up a school do it in style

F...f.....fuck you user

They originated in Florida. Used to be made of fibers from orange peels

it's to honor/show of respect to president trump

Attached: 254272813dd21c8d68ac7a5e12b2eaac.jpg (236x177, 7K)

>wood
>mag
please tell me you're not actually retarded

Attached: apu scream.jpg (495x362, 17K)

>no AK
>bought 3 7.62 bakelite mags anyways
I'm so happy

Hey guys off topic but the other day my younger brother showed me what tick tock was and I wasn't amused. Are most things retarded these days or am I just no fun?

>ywn marmalade ak

>spells it wrong

You must know the enemy user. This is the first step toward victory. Also, it's parent company is Chinese, which should tell you everything you need to know.

Imagine having the audacity to call others retarded because you cant discern one of the most famous pieces of fuddlore in the AK community lmaooo

No it isnt, it's from the paint they used. Paint, fiberglass and asbestos were the most used fillers to help strengthen novolacs - of which all 3 were used by the combloc nations.
If that was true, then the (rare) textolite handguards wouldnt be orange as its bakelite impregnated with paper instead of fiberglass.

W O O D
M
A
G
W O O D

Attached: 1984719871.png (600x567, 857K)

You guys realize the bakelite in those mags will go bad in a decade or so and they'll become useless right? Bakes are a terrible investment even if they're the best aesthetic.

I thought it was phenolic resin not actual Bakelite

correct.

>I thought it was phenolic resin not bakelite
What do you think bakelite is? Phenolic resin implies it is a novolac, meaning theres more phenol to formaldehyde. Resoles, of course, are the flip; which is what textolite is.
The technical term, at least what the Soviets used, is AGS4 - so if you want to be technical no it wasnt bakelite it was AGS4, as they're technically different at the chemical level. Everyone had their own recipe, all of which was under lock and key and now long, long gone. But, knowing the practice of making these polymers, we can deduce what they are based off the ingredients we know of and also hints to the manufacturing process, such as air bubbles that would sometimes form during the vacuum purging stage of bakelite manufacturing which would usually occur on the production of larger pieces, such as Geiger counter boxes.

bakelite mags were made in the 1960's, and they are fiberglass reinforced, 1930's bakelite would get brittle, but bakelite mags will be as good as they were the day they were made as they will be 400 years from now.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenol_formaldehyde_resin
Bakelite IS pf resin

More like basedlite!

youtube.com/watch?v=JAVSsQpyW7Y

Okay? I never once stated otherwise.

>wood mag

>Bakelite clips are actually AGS4 magazines
I'm glad I learned how to be even more pedantic. Thanks user. Believe it or not i used to work in injection molding. Aropol resin smells better than inf66770. But my favorite smell of the job was the black polyester color paste we used to die the resin. I miss the smells but don't miss always being sticky and itchy and covered in acetone

>clips

Attached: 1553570643511.jpg (584x960, 57K)

Attached: aint scare.jpg (480x360, 35K)

dye the resin I mean

Thank goodness they had bigass ORANGE mags to blend into the snow

Sure thing. Theres a tiny bit of information about it out there if you REALLY do some digging, but most of it was lost to good ol soviet secrecy
It really is interesting, especially when you look at the bakelite China produced, and how it looks nominally different. I believe what they used was closer to traditional bakelite, but I could be wrong

A month ago I would've agreed, but recently my supervisor 100% unironically asked me if they were wooden. Since then I've realized wow people really are this fucking stupid

Giggled

Attached: BB93C3B2-5144-4217-B548-1156C247A6ED.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

nice

Attached: 1562722706625.png (209x265, 63K)

what, why?

They're not getting cheaper

>what is rust
>what are trees
>why didn't they pick the color darker than everything in nature
why don't you eat shit, that's why

>doesn't know bakelites are worth more then gold now.

Early plastic (Bakelite) was originally seen as a substitute for wood. So they tended to dye it brown so it looked more like wood. Also, production was initially limited to darker colors to hide the presence of strengthening filler materials, which could be seen when lighter dyes were used.

As to why someone would want gun magazines to look like they were made of wood, who knows? It's not like they were typically made of wood prior. I'd have picked black, to match metal magazines.

You know, wood fiber was used as the filler material in a lot of Bakelite. Dunno if the Soviets used wood in their mags, though.

More than certainly, at some point of another. The Soviets crammed everything they could find, some people (albeit, very few) have even been able to spot the remains of newspaper in some products

this guy knows his shit. bakelite was actually used in quite a few building materials back in the day. fire resistant and sturdy. mentioned as a potential asbestos containing material in all AHERA courses

>Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

To match the furniture, duh.

Well, yeah, that's obviously why they picked brown instead of purple or green.

But, as far as I know, people weren't painting metal magazines brown prior, so why would you try to match your plastic with the wood parts instead of the metal parts, when producing a part in plastic that was typically metal?

Actually both of those colors were used for mags!
Plum was standard issue
Green was for border guards
>pic related bakelite in peak aesthetic

Attached: IMG_20190423_170802_159.jpg (2439x2440, 1.3M)

Here are the plum and green mags

Attached: magsplums.png (468x275, 262K)

Attached: izzy_brdr_grd_02.jpg (500x337, 122K)

>he thinks I picked those colors at random

I should have known it was too good to be true.

yes

Attached: IMG_1194.jpg (2400x1702, 1.61M)

>

>wood mag
>shitty siege larp
>pretending to be a nazi and using commie weapons

Attached: large.jpg (500x313, 20K)

>40 year old mags
>claim they will magically go bad in 10 more years

Attached: 1557115569501.png (1000x432, 165K)

t. angry mutt

Attached: 1552084042836.png (1237x670, 1.03M)

>Nazi larping with a communist weapon
>Posting mutt memes while worshipping a literal half jewish manlet
Shouldn’t you be hanging out on a FBI honeypot?

Niggers love fruit.

cringe boomer

wow I thought I had a lot

Attached: 1562551727435.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

post one of your bieber song zoomer bitch.

>this dude sniffing a factory's worth of fumes
and I thought I was hot shit for sniffing cyanoacrylate occasionally

pretty sure I lost some IQ to that shit

YOU DARE QUESTION THE ALMIGHTY BAKELITE OF ORANGE? TOVARISCH, IM HOPING YOU ARE NOT OF FAGGOT DICK LOVER BECAUSE YOU ARE MAKING SOUND LIKE ONE.

POSTER IS ORIGINAL HOMOSEX

you tried

>Jow Forumstards education

orange you glad it's not banana?

Nah bro let’s go with this one. Maybe we can have it trickle down to the boomers on the files and they’ll dump the bakes.

Brainlet here, I don't get it

Attached: mickjaggerunhappy.jpg (1136x684, 28K)

Black is litteraly the worst color for low visibility, especially under moonlight.

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAAAA

>assload of bakes
>plum 6x5

a man of taste.

Attached: 1483493032826s.jpg (125x99, 3K)

This is literally how plum came about you mong

>did someone say textolite?
Technically its impregnated with paper AND cotton
Source: I have some

Attached: 20190415_184520.jpg (1687x2998, 2.63M)

Because he's an autistic boomer that's going to ask for $150+ per mag on jew broker. He's just going to sit on them for months on end because no one wants to pay his retard prices, keeping the mags out of the hands of people who actually own AKs.

Nice.

heh heh heh strike a chord there millennial?

they're not actually make of bakelite, they're made of AG-4S which is a glass reinforced polyamide. you're an actual retard. get off my board.

Big wood clip

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-164743_YouTube.jpg (1280x720, 591K)

>LE ROLLING STONES REFERENCE
Oh wow upvoted you fucking dipshit, you just gained leddit silver!

I don't see any 40s in there. Is that just a 30 rnd bake stash and you have lots of other mags?

>Why are they orange, Jow Forums?
this is the main reason

Attached: 1547996808654.jpg (2132x1839, 730K)