BRN-180 or WASR 10?

Witch is a good choice for my next buy? I don't own either platform yet and I've been eyeing them for a while.

BRN-180
>5.56/.223
>Fits to any milspec lower
>Based Stoner design
>Retro feel
>Still new and somewhat unproven

WASR-10
>7.62x39
>Biggest bang for the buck (Sub ~700USD)
>Wood Aesthetic
>Fully proven design however shorter effective range.

Side notes, Looking to fill my common caliber rifle itch. Already own a PTR91/SKS/Nugget. I think now is a good time to obtain one or the other in light of recent events.

Attached: Choices.jpg (4208x2696, 3.83M)

>new and unproven

If youre considering something like this in light of recent events, you better think about whats wrong with this real hard

Ar15

Why not both?

>not an original ar18
Get the wasr

BRN would be cool. Id do AK unless you can get a folding stock for BRN because thats my fetish. Both are right answers though.

it's a modern take on the old design, I think it's neat.

It will never be me little armalite

Brn-180 is pretty unique compared to a wasr, but idk too much about them and their quality as they haven't been out too long. You should have a 556/223 in your collection though so it might be a good option for you since you have an sks already

>AR-18
>Stoner design

How about a ptr32?

I'd personally be happy with either of the two options you posted. If my local indoor range allowed steel case I'd have a wasr and/or ptr32 already. The brn180 seems well designed though I'm not sure what it really gives you over a nice ar15 other than not needing a buffer tube at the cost of reported worse recoil feel

Some of us dont actually care about LARPing as potatoniggers.

WASR to share ammo with your SKS, and because I think Brownells will be cranking out ARs and hipster variants for some time to come, whereas AK imports from Romania could dry up just as they did from Egypt, China, and Russia, or ebb and flow in availability like from Bulgaria.

Yeah its call new sweeping gun legislation and panic buys
no
OG AR18s unobtainium
Yeah i was planning a folding stock with the BRN180 i already have an unfinished lower.
yes i was thinking the exact same thing, its just choosing to diversify a little more
yeah
Great point, i shoot all lac'd steel with my SKS/PTR. Keeps ammo prices down on both. I'd probably to do brass with the BRN tho.

Would you say having more common caliber rifles is better for bug out times/ inna woods shooting?

that plastic endcap on the brn is fucking retarded

AR chambered to commie rounds

Ar180 is just a better gun and in my opinion also looks better.

WASR 10 but replace the wood because it's awful and prone to cracking. Also when it comes to effective range, ask yourself this: Can you even see well enough to hit something at 300+ meters? If so, when are you ever going to engage something that far out, because if you are you have bigger problems to worry about and should probably go for something in .308 instead.

I'd say that it will largely be irrelevant, because scavenging ammo in random houses will come at great personal risk, and many times so for hot spots like Walmart, gun stores, and (Allah forbid) police stations and military depots.

The ammo that you have right now will most likely be all the ammo that you have through SHTF - and that goes for both bugging in and out. If you bug in, your cache (which should be at least a few thousand rounds) will be more than enough to hold you over. If you bug out - well, see above about scavenging. Trading will also be unlikely if you bug out, unless you're carrying a lot of assets (e.g. precious metal coins) that would also draw a lot of unwanted attention: "this guy has a ton of shit, whack him while he's asleep and take it." This could change if you bug out to a compound or other shelter you've prepared ahead of time, though, but then I hope you have family/friends you trust with your life - to guard the area in shifts.

7.62x39 is pretty common, but nothing beats 5.56x45 just for the military/police use. For the above reasons, though, I think that scavenging/trading is not as big a factor as people think.

WAsr10 or ar15?

AR15