RECENT ACQUISITIONS

what had Jow Forums recently bought?

>picked up a PE57 today

As an amerifag these are insanely hard to find.

Attached: BE43C537-4CF7-4B9B-A13D-9461FD11F34D.jpg (3435x828, 543K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/824914709
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pre-ban or kit build?

Kit. This cost me $6750 while a preban just sold for $15,000 lol.

oh fuck you where did you get it? i want to get a parts kit but i don't know if anyone does repairs of them anymore in the states. is it the 308 barrel?

Yea it’s a .308 barrel. Look up honey creek manufacturing. They are the only ones who properly build and heat treat the receivers. I bought this from the owner of the company, he said he’s going to scale back working on the. (Not that they build very many to begin with).

Does the kit have a date on it?

I'll post pics of my acquisition when it FUCKING GETS HERE

Attached: aaaaaAAAAAAAA.png (1476x462, 65K)

No. Just a serial.

Attached: 2852268A-63DF-4020-986F-BEB7D0E81DD9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

im tempted to get this chilean one but i don't know how much it would cost to finish it
gunbroker.com/item/824914709

All guns built for the Swiss military have an A prefix at the beginning at the serial number. So I have no idea if your guns was built for the army or a export rifle since it only has the serial number.

Assuming it is an army rifle, it was built sometime between 1961 and 1962

Just bit down on a new MDR.
Probably shouldn't have since I just got these two, but whatevs. Only really have two more guns on my list now so I'll be able to save money for once.

Attached: 20190802_203706.jpg (3840x2160, 952K)

This is some fucking bullshit. Swiss have almost a million of these and we can’t get any because of that migrant loving kike Bush sr. Literally all federal gun laws that have been passed were because of republicans.

Hmm strange. Even the stock (which matches the barrel) lacks a prefix.

Attached: D719B399-D65A-44E6-94A0-1AF8F0005A54.jpg (4032x3024, 3.15M)

you suppressed the wrong gun. and get the shooting sight trigger

Yea, that's extremely weird it lacks a letter prefix

I finally snagged one of my holy grail guns, Bergslagsbössan Filipstad. I pick it up the same day I pick up several more guns.
>M91 Mosin Nagant 1895 Tula manufactured
>M1924 Mexican Mauser Carbine
>Francisco Arizmendi Velo-Dog pistol
>Heckler & Koch P9S 9mm
>Sphinx AT-380M
>M93 Tulle Lebel (fucking boomer wouldn't ship it to me)
>Vektor Z88 9mm
I've had a busy month.

Attached: IMG_20180625_163911725_1.jpg (3500x2625, 1.47M)

holy fug

So is there room in a glock for a binary fcg? I don't think anybody makes one yet, but I'm curious if it's even possible.

>Bergslagsbössan Filipstad
1/200 made, holy fuck

how much did you pay?

A can on the TP9 ruins its use with a holster, a can on the glock does not.
Wish autosear? No. It kisses the rear of the brace chassis leaving no room for a dongle out the back without modification. Youd need a G18 variety internal sear for that.

$550

I refuse to believe

Just now realizing I read binary as auto. Whoopsie. Answer likely is still the same tho, handguns dont leave much room internally for additional components.

For a gun that rare? Jesus. I guess there's just not a lot of info on them so they don't really know how to price them.

Hah, well it was $580 if you count shipping. I'll take nice pictures when it arrives.
Yep, the old boomer I bought it from was kind of perplexed why I wanted it so much.

Attached: IMG_20190806_211000267.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

Holy shit! In Switzerland they cost like 500 to 600 bucks used.

what is it?

>tfw have 5 guns in transit
I know that feel all too well bro.

>A can on the TP9 ruins its use with a holster, a can on the glock does not.
sounds like youre poor and can't afford the tp9 can because they make a holster that accommodates the can on it

Yeah, a dropleg. Which is huge and retarded.

Whats wrong with your chest?

I can finally post in /arg/ but theyre all faggots over there

Attached: 20190807_171008.jpg (2823x1568, 3.21M)

Kek thats the back cushion of a chair

klobb
anybody got a stock i can buy off em? I plan on SBR. If the image is weird i had to resize it

Attached: klobb.png (993x744, 2.06M)

I got your stock right here baby

Attached: 1520130145636.jpg (833x925, 157K)

Ordered mine a few weeks ago but I have to wait for leafistan bureaucracy to kick in.
Feels bad man

n-no don't be like that

I'm also in the US

Was only planning on the 36E (converted, not Tommy receiver), but got stupid lucky and found the SL8 same week I got the other one. Came with the dual optic but I like the looks of the cantilever rail more.

Attached: 20190729_174507.jpg (4032x2268, 2.37M)

Got one of sweaty Ben's SKS's the other day

Attached: 20190805_185434.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

Man I could not care less about g36s but damn if the SL8 doesnt give me a stiffy every time

I recently got a all matching Jianshe SKS.

Nice of them to include a gallon of cosmoline for free

Make it a MG36

Attached: 917C3E58-EFB4-42A9-BC4F-8F83612739B2.jpg (4032x3024, 3.79M)

It's already marked E, which is what I wanted. I do have a drum coming for it though, so could throw that and the dual optic on it but wrong barrel profile.

Attached: 20190725_202451.jpg (4032x2268, 3.76M)

Mossberg 590 and Marlin model 60

What is the reason we cant import these to the US? I think they very eadily qualify for sporting puposes. Youve got highpower at the very minimum.
Also shouldnt most be C&R eligible by now? Does thst affect the importstion status at all?

Picked up a DSA Congo Para FAL on July 4th and still waiting for them to build/ship it. Also bout a CP33 Saturday and waiting for it to get here.

nice get user. i get my 57 in mint condition tomorrow. as a swissman, i'll only end up paying 500 bucks, though the matching bayonet is missing. i get a new sling and second mag with it though

Being a college poorfag, this holosun is like magic

Attached: 20190805_141706.jpg (4032x1960, 2.64M)

i don't get the hate towards holosun. i'm not huge on cqb optics but i felt the holosun on my friends 716 was absolutely adequate. still prefere irons or scopes but still, whats better on a holo costing twice as much?

The barrel profile on the MG36 and G36 are essentially the same. Which is why the Bundeswehr canned the MG36 and used a G36 with a bipod and drum magazine as an automatic rifle.

this

Attached: 1565216892054.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

Got a BCG with no serrations on it for my M231 build which has been a WIP for like 2 years now, lol.
Also all the other current projects I've been working on I can't finish out of either pure laziness or lack of parts availability.
Also bought an enhanced extractor for my FNC, a 20 round mag for my SG550, and a new HK buffer for my MP5A3 stock.

Attached: h3rEi5e.jpg (5184x3456, 1.81M)

I see I had read it wrong, I thought you just got an SL8 that hadn’t been converted yet.

>just got a bipod for my MG36 and it cost fucking $250

Ouch. I was glad my G36 came with one, HK tax for people stateside is a but steep

why is the foregrip so small?

A patriot?

Because c-clamping autism wasn't a thing in 1957

>enhanced extractor for my FNC

Explain, I also have a FNC however I see no point in changing the extractor (granted I never shoot it)

I am OP and I gotta say its awkard as fuck holding it in the foregrip, if it was moved forward 4-6 inches itd perfect.

Got my ump lower in yesterday. I probably won't get my other cheap parts for a little while longer. Tried HK direct, but they won't sell me UMP stocks or trigger groups directly. So my only cheap option is wait for Brownells to get stuff back in stock.

I didn't mind how the USC looks, but holy shit the grip is massive and is terrible to actually use. I wasn't planning on converting this soon, but the grip on the USC pushed me to just try to get stuff as soon as possible.

Attached: 20190806_172258.jpg (1349x759, 568K)

I also have a USC conversion, however I used a stockblock. Are you gonna stockblock or have bostic weld it for you? Also its going to suck shooting, I hate the recoil impulse on it.

I’ve been tempted to pick one up, just for the sake of having an SKS

How are supposed to fix a gun like this ? Do you need to ask some armorer to build you a brand new upper from blue prints ?

Arisaka Type 99 rifle, early Toyo Kogyo 35th series. Matching, mum 98% intact
It's long as shit. I like it. Going to shoot it this weekend.

Attached: DSC_0260.jpg (1620x1080, 373K)

I'm just going to use a stock block. I don't like the UMP that much to want it 100% correct. Not sure if I'm going to send it out, since the only thing I can't do myself would be the vents. I don't mind how it shoots in it current form aside from the grip.

I did pretty much exactly what you said. Used a stock block, dremeled the magwell out myself in about 10 minutes. Said fuck the vents the cost isnt worth it. total cost includes UMP parts was $1900ish. Its fun and neat, I just hate the recoil impulse.

It was a month back but I got a Ruger Model 44 in .44 Magnum.
The question now is should I get a Super Black Hawk, Red Hawk or Super Red Hawk. Either 5.5 inch or 7.5 inch barrel.
I know one is a single action and the other two are double action but which is best for the .44 Magnum?

Attached: 55156582_1_x.jpg (1100x261, 24K)

if you have the money I wouldn't get either. go for a pre-lock model 29 or 629

I think I'm gonna pick up a new CZ Scorpion Evo 3 carbine this weekend. I don't care about the price. I just don't want to drive 3 hours to Salt Lake City to find one.

Is it a good buy?

I just picked up this Lyman turret. Been working on cranking out 9mm. 30-30, .357 mag and .308 are coming up later when I get around to buying dies and bullets, primers and powder

Attached: JPEG_20190731_182158.jpg (4032x3024, 924K)

I prefer my single stage over a turret, but then again I load low volume rounds.

it works the same desu, I have done some loading on my buddies hornady Lock N Load single stage. I do like having the option of being able to completely set up 2 calibers per turret plate and just leaving them as is

FNC's tend to have pretty weak extractors, in that the casings occasionally just kind of limply fall out of the ejection port.
This was pretty noticeable on my FNC when I took it out to shoot for the first time.
When they get worn down, it eventually leads to FTE's
The new extractor was a huge improvement and it actually extracts much better than it did before.
RTG Parts sells them for $60.

Attached: FNC-range.jpg (4032x2268, 2.49M)

alright guys don't bully me. yes, it looks like a ribbed dildo, yes, it looks like a onahole.

and no, bad dragon does not produce AR15s yet

Attached: 20190806_202308_4.jpg (864x1152, 291K)

I legit feel sad after looking at this

Picked up this 1929 Model 12 16ga for $120 at a pawn shop. I’m finding them on the internet anywhere from $600-$2500. What’s the realistic value?

Attached: 19454EE4-EFA2-486C-B0FB-5CB287A401EC.jpg (640x480, 40K)

$300

Kel-Tec RDB. I love the weight distribution as opposed to the standard AR platform. Gonna put a few hundred rounds through it this weekend.

Attached: rdb.png (1223x1630, 3.03M)

Solid, so if it gets bubba’d I won’t get burned at the stake?

A ton of Chilean guns were actually made by Beretta on behalf of SIG because there was some export bullshit going on with Switzerland at the time.

My $40 chinesium counterfeit XC1 showed up. It fits my TX22 and my G19. We'll see how long it lasts.

Nah. That ain't even milsurp or that historically significant. Go ahead

Congrats bro, the PE57 is my dream gun. Have any tips on tracking down parts to build them?

>Also shouldnt most be C&R eligible by now? Does thst affect the importstion status at all?
Yes and no, Switerland is still a country and the rifle is still in military use, so it's not a curio or relic. Secondly most of the swiss ones were full auto at one point and are converted to semi when they get handed off to inactive reserve personal weapon or whatever the swiss call people who are still military age. because they were full auto at one point or could "readily be converted to a previous configuration" it means they are defacto full auto for importation permits which means even being c&r they would fall under the NFA bullshit. The other side of the problem is the swiss may be unable to sell them tanks to eurocuck bullshit about exporting guns from anywhere but france and germany.

Most recent acquisition was a Browning Buck Mark Camper stainless. Fucking great little gun.

rarity does not equal value. essentially to most people its a no name, pump shotgun. why would it be worth so much to them

never dry fire it. Most modern rim fires have blocks and shit, but the buckmark doesn't and you will fuck your chamber face with peening. Most of them will have firing pin mark already.

>Sig romeo
>Kel tec
Ya this checks out desu

Imagine spending hundreds of dollars on an optic with no magnification

I did not know they were still in service. It makes sense they would hold on to some for reservers.
Challenging "once a machinggun always a machine gun" and "readily be converted" doesnt seem like a good idea with how thin my wallet is.
I also did not consider swiss export laws. I had assumed they would be pretty good because of all the milsurp and commercial rifles/handguns but i realize a lot of states have a seperate classification for "assualt rifles"

The Stwg57 isn't in service anymore since many years now. There are no more soldiers with it in the reserve (they are too old now) and the army no longer supports repairs and logistic for it.

The army even destroyed the last stocks of Stgw57 some years ago.

One precision : the Stgw57 is still legally categorized as an "official" service weapon of the Swiss army so it can be used along the Stgw90/k31/k11/G11/P75/P49/Glock17/19 in official shooting competition sponsored by the federal government. But it no longer is part of the inventory of the Army. And like I said they destroyed the last stocks because it was cheaper than converting all the Stgw57s to semi-auto and and fill out the paperwork for the civilian market.

No idea. A parts kit isn’t too hard to find, but finding a receiver and a builder is damn near impossible. The guys that built mine are the only people in the US who build them 100% accurate and through email correspondence he told me he’s done building “for the foreseeable future”. There’s another place in Texas that does it but they don’t heat treat the receivers.

>long as shit

lmfao, it was small compared to the Type 38

Attached: 3F27358D-9698-450E-A4CC-981184000FAF.jpg (4032x3024, 1.8M)

You should be spending hundreds on an optic with no magnification.

You should be spending thousands on a magnified optic.

How does it shoot?

custom smith makes a brace and a stock for it.