Jow Forums feels

>grandpa having health problems
>brings over an old gun
>asks me to research it and tell him its story
>repeat process over several months
>he brought over the last 3 guns of his collection today
>tfw

Attached: BornToFeel.jpg (608x800, 111K)

My eyes are going, I used to have perfect vision. I hope they aren't done changing naturally yet. Its not fair, at least theres options like glasses or lasic but damn it sucks.

Attached: 1517378552861.jpg (540x705, 208K)

storing the guns I already have is starting to be a problem, and I want more

Attached: $.png (632x672, 493K)

>tfw been trying to acquire cool surplus guns over the last 5 years.
>tfw should have bought more modern stuff because the 2nd amendment is going to get destroyed in the coming years.

Get that figured out before boogaloo

Get some cheap uppers with bolts and lower kits.

>grandpa killed himself in the '80s rather than die of black lung
>other grandpa was always distant until he got leukemia and then he died
I feel robbed sometimes

I'm beginning to think its not gonna happen

>grandparents are retarded boomers with millions of dollars of debt they will never pay back.
my great grand fathers war trophys will be pawned by creditors

My great grand father died from black lung too user. He was a proud man, started working in PA coal mines at the age of 15. He was going to take my dad hunting when he got just old enough, but he died before they could. Anyways it’s hard to go back to that place now. Difficult to watch the place where my forefathers worked, suffered, died and are buried completely transform for the worse. Quaint tight knit towns have been transformed into drug riddled migrant black and spic infested shitholes. Sometimes it’s just too difficult to bear.

Buy em back then you dumb shit

It’s already happening. Society is breaking down. (((Their))) only hope is virtual reality or microchipping us to control our minds. I don’t think they will get there in time. The economy is about to fall off the cliff, and racial tensions are getting real bad. This whole country is a powder keg waiting for a match.

>boogaloo
its not gonna happen its a vatnik shilled forced meme

How old are you? Typically vision doesn't change once you're in your mid 20's. If you managed to get a shit roll on stats and start going bad later in your teenage/young adult years you probably won't fair too awful. I started going bad at 8 and was pretty much blind by my 20's. I now have 20/20 with 0 astigmatism after corrective surgery. Just make sure you do PRK, suffering through the recovery is worth knowing that in the even of shit getting real you won't have to worry about a detached lens.

>muh russians
totally ebin not forced meme redditbro

Attached: 1548962045059.jpg (387x461, 24K)

Not that user, but been thinking about biting the bullet on that recently, scared of detached lens tho. Always been near sighted, slight astigmatism.
>Just make sure you do PRK, suffering through the recovery is worth knowing that in the even of shit getting real you won't have to worry about a detached lens.
Is PRK really better? Looking it up gives me pretty mixed answers... I'm especially concerned, as you mentioned about the dangerous mixture of boogaloo and eye trouble.

I just want you to know user, this post resonated with me deeply. My grandpa started in the WV mines at a similar age, tough fuck lived to be in his 50s and I guess decided he'd rather go out with some dignity instead of lingering and suffering. I wonder what that man would think of the world today...
>pic related, my grandpa and grandma back in the late '70s I believe

Attached: Annotation 2019-08-07 224801.jpg (425x610, 52K)

>muh pops was a coal miner
go get hooked on heroin and die hick so you can't set us back and further than you already have. There's no home for you throwbacks in America anymore

>old Savage single shot
>Flaky nickle Iver Johnson .32sw without grips
>Some random break open 28ga minus stock

>always wanted to raise a family of my own
>born cursed with autism and spaghetti
>wizardhood inching closer every year

You and OP keep your heads up.

lol stupid kike, this is why they hate us Californians

Reposting from /ck/:
>be me
>one of those autists that unironically enjoys military rations from around the world
>bust out an mre with beef stew and some other shit because I haven’t had anything all day, am tired, and wanted some rations
>american mre’s are around 1200 or so calories with everything, unlike russian rations which can reach more than 4000 as those are meant for a whole day rather than just a meal
>get some of the peanut butter and jam on the bread while the stew is heating, have that while I’m boiling some water to go with the coffee and brownie/cookie/whatever snack came with it all
>eventually have the stew with some coffee, put a touch of salt and some pepper in it
>doesn’t taste too ba-
>mfw it tasted almost exactly like the stew I used to have as a little kid albeit more salty
>mfw it brought me back to a time before things went to complete shit and I still had some semblance of a family
>literally stare at it for minutes at a time before I shake out of it and have some of the black instant coffee
Just remember that Mike Vining wears glasses as well. But make sure you don’t get an autist frame if you get to that point.
If you’re going under the laser then yes. LASIK will get fucked over time, could be a decade, could be a few years, but you’ll end up with even worse vision than before due to that flap.
>42264812
(You)

Attached: D66448B5-627D-432A-A9F8-7CCA77CEA7A7.jpg (900x900, 110K)

>go get hooked on heroin and die hick
>t.

Attached: LaGoblina.jpg (585x953, 60K)

>the patrician grandpa hand-me-down loadout
God, this thread is making me feel good.

Beef stew is pretty good, even though I don't care for anything besides the Beef stew itself

>t. dead soul in a living body

Beef stew is great user. My mom used to make it a lot in the fall and winter, sometimes summer if we begged hard enough. Those warm, beefy, savory memories can't be beat. I'm glad you remembered something good.
And thanks for the Lasik advice.
This is a nice thread. Leave it to night Jow Forums.

>I feel robbed sometimes
Same here borther. My father and his dad hated each other so I met him once when I was like 7. My mom's father just didn't give a shit to even talk to me past hello's and merry Christmas. I even watched the first Iraq war 8 feet from him on the floor of his den.
Asshole could have at least told me about getting bombed in Pearl Harbor. I still have never been fishing.

>Buy em
? take that shit user. Its your birthright.

One grandfather died in his fifties from agent orange exposure back in 'Nam. Cased chronic throat issues and eventual cancer. Other is nice, and a life long reserve man, artillery at that. Lives in florida after they sold the family farm though. I miss my other grandpa an awful lot. I feel he would've gone shooting with me every weekend if he was still around.

and your body is only going to keep deteriorating from here, and we're all on the same ride together until we're dead

Attached: 1509772940899.jpg (291x273, 94K)

>paternal grandpa, huge gun enthusiast and korean war vet, died in '94
>had a ton of guns he wanted to give to my dad but dipshit uncle took & sold them all to pay for marriage to his second wife
>said second wife divorced his ass anyway
>maternal grandfather, chair force vet, is staunch anti-gun guy
>got into a hissy fit when i was a wee lad and my parents got me airshit for christmas one year
>said it would be a bad influence and i would be conditioned to think guns are okay, along with step-grandma backing him up
>guy is 88 or something now, on his last legs, yet still went to the march for our lives thing in d.c.

Attached: 1525468547869.png (327x325, 152K)

>grandfather(mom’s dad) is a huge gun enthusiast
>tons of cool funs
>preban AK’s, a few WW2 rifles, an original 1955 Colt Python and an early 1911, other assorted antiques
>he dies of lung cancer
>I was young at the time so he only left me an antique heirloom shotgun
>left my mom and brother each a gun as well
>before he’s even in the ground my asshole uncle takes every gun and either pawns or sales them to his friends
>when confronted he claims they’re “just stuff” and it doesn’t matter
It’s been almost 20 years and I’m still SEETHING

>live in Washington
>start going to the gunstore, almost 18
>see yugo M71(?) their akm on a shelf for 600 dollars
>trench art on stock
>want
>save up enough to buy it
>turn 18 three days after the 21 to buy semi auto part of 1639 takes effect
>cant have yugo gun
>why

I seriously think there is a connection to vision loss and night driving.
Headlights are too fucking bright, now.

Get your dad to buy it and then gift it to you

>Want to live a comfy life with my guns, working and eventually getting my own land
>Gun rights slowly eroding
>If boogaloo happens most of the U.S. will become greater mexico regardless.

Attached: 1565229527374.jpg (544x626, 98K)

God speed brother. And like you I will always honor and remember the sacrifices that my forefathers made. I wish you the very best.

As someone who drives a sudan, I can say that having someone tailgate you at night in an SUV or a relatively new pickup has turned into a monumental pain in the ass.

>As someone who drives a sudan
>sudan

Out of all the shit i should be worried about as a gun owner. This fucks me up the must

Im a few days from 22. Some days are better than others. I'm prone to migraines so it makes sense. surgery just scares me a bit.

I have a feeling it will be harder than we expect the happening to be, but I also think it will turn out better than we expect

Attached: desertstorm.jpg (1800x1500, 3M)

Why not get prescription safety glasses? I have a pair for work with non-scratch lenses and they work fine. Look stupid but I can see and they don’t slide off my face

This is probably a good idea.

I CANT FIND ANY FUCKING .221 FIREBALL

Attached: 1534467021418.png (904x729, 39K)

Ankylosing spondylitis is not getting better, lost my job and have to start life from basically nothing at 30 years old

>grandfather passed and left me his pre-ban Tec 9 and spanish Llama 380

>coworker's grandfather left him three Lugers in amazing condition and a prewar PPK in 32

Attached: 1525789215652.jpg (569x555, 49K)

I've never been so filled with hate before and I'm buying a bunch of stuff in an attempt to fill the void. Trying to get into reloading now, but being a dad is eating up any personal time I used to have and it isn't as rewarding right now as I imagined it would be. Folks keep saying that my toddler will want to be around be some day, but over a year of clinging to her mother has got me down.

>pre-ban Tec 9
What? You don't think that's totally rad?

>just six months ago I was a homeless cokehead squatting in a shitty barn with my nugget
>he'd been neglected since I pussied out of shooting myself 5 years ago and hadn't cleaned him since
>fast forward
>furfag Jow Forums friend that I'd only met once before picks me up all the way from northern michigan, moves me into his trailer
>got a job first week of being there
>shitty little sandwich shop, pay is acceptable for right now
>owners like me a ton, GM likes me a ton, they're planning on making me GM of their next store opening next year
>been sober besides drinks maybe twice a month
>tfw another manager at work knows a dude looking to buy out a gunshop and run it, gonna look into that too
>mosin's been thoroughly cleaned
A country boy can survive

Attached: D76642C6-0B6B-4DE2-8B3B-B036066FBE75.jpg (640x640, 30K)

>my uncle has a myriad of health issues from a career in aviation maintenance
>blood cells not working
>kidneys failing
>havent been able to see him and aunt as much since i moved to another state with my dad
>my mother and brothers who live in same state hardly go see him because hes brash and opinionated and theyre pussies
>he also is into guns and motorcycles like me but since i developed these hobbies/interests ive been gone and havent been able to see his collection of stuff

gonna stop by their house in september to check up on them and talk guns and shit with him, he has all the guns my grandfather had (korea vet) and i never really knew much about him since he died when i was a kid. i kinda resent my family for not seeing him more often because hes dying slowly and nobody wants to see him cause he voted for blumpf and is an old racist marine. pisses me off.

Attached: blyat.png (1192x830, 228K)

>pops M1 Carbine
>his Ithaca 37
>his father's 32 Long S&W Hand Ejector that he got in a tobacco field for $2 in the 1920s
Do not let these go to waste. These guns are from a bygone time. I emplore y'all, if you spot old guns in pawn shops or estate sales, save them.

Hopefully you'll reconnect with your uncle and fuck your family for basically leaving him to die alone (unless he has a wife). hopefully also you could convince him to give his guns to you, because by the sound of it, your family members would melt the guns and turn them into "art" or hand them over to the cops. (What guns does he have out of curiosity?)

Attached: YWN get deals like this again.gif (821x1088, 156K)

Man, don't feel bad that your granddad is out of guns and probably dying, theres no way around that, be glad that he decided to share some of the end of his life with you. It means he values you and wanted to spend some of his very limited time with and on you.

We're not all so lucky, one of my grandfathers barely interacted with me at all, the other the last time he talked to me called me a pathetic fat kid, which I kinda was, due to shitty broken family and depression that I didn't recognize till I was almost 25. I was also only 14, my parents has just got divorced and instead of helping me get through an obviously screwed up period he took a shit on me and told my dad I was a worthless fuckup while I was standing there.

>feels
Feels good man, feels like your grandpa cares about you and sees the time he spends with you as worthwhile and important enough to be a priority.

I do not have k feels because i am not k
If anything, >tfw no Jow Forums feels

I feel for you Jow Forumsomrade but get off the board for a while and fucking make the most of the time you have. Have some nice liquor on hand and watch old westerns together, ask to hear old stories even if you've already heard him, tell him you love him even if he's a hard-nosed stoic old timer and doesn't want to hear it. Not all of us get a chance to say good bye

Good for you user, I'm happy for you. Also, that furry bud of yours is a true bro.
parenting is a long game. i have four kids, my oldest is turning 11. Trust me, there will be times when it is very rewarding. The first year or so of your first kid is really difficult, huge adjustment period. soon that kid will start doing things that were hard for you to imagine when she was just an infant, i.e. an eating/pooping/sleeping blob. don't worry about it.

How do I make friends like this?

That's the ugliest thing I've read all day.

Anyone who tells their 14 yr old grandson something like that is a waste of skin.

>had dreams of having a family and kids by 25
>now 32
>no kids, live in a cuckcabin I built myself on 5 acres so not even enough room to shoot anything other than suppressed handguns
>work as a FF/emt and have for 15 years but still feel very unfulfilled
>don’t see myself marrying anyone soon because the dating game is absolutely shit

>be me as a kid
>6yrs old
>mom comes to get me from school, crying
>"Dad's been hurt, user."
>Get home
>Dad's covered in bloody bandages on the couch.
>was in a wreck
>Dad was a Border Patrol agent
>Night comes, mom puts me to bed
>Early the next morning I wake up
>Go to check on dad, assume he's on the couch still.
>Nope.
>But his service pistol is on the coffee table
>My six year old mind knew better, I wasn't going to touch it BUT..
>hear creaking
>Dad is in the doorway
>still bloody
>still in the same clothes
>holding his side
>"Hey buddy."
>"Dad I wasn't gonna..."
>"I know son."
>"Dad I..."
>Dad sat on the far end of the couch
>Closest to the gun
>"Son. I need some help, wanna learn how to clean it?"
>"Yeah!"

That was my first time touching a gun. Helping my dad. Later I found out (like, 10 years later) that he wrecked because the car he was looking for actually plowed into his patrol vehicle on purpose while he was trying to get on the highway.

>buy a shotgun
>enjoy shooting and come to Jow Forums to lurk
>laugh at elitism and figure just shooting should be enough
>buy more guns
>start to see more and more of my choices being called shit
>buy better guns and a couple accessories
>tell myself they are better
>keep shooting and browsing
>currently have gucci glock, gucci ar, lights for everything
>spend time finding what is "the best" of everything
>more gear, more optics, more money
>today see that steel 7.62 is so damn cheap
>have a moment of clarity
>im buried in expensive crap just so others will approve
>selfloathing.jpg
>gain urge to sell it all for a wasr-10 and shitty surp chest rig

I'm so close to just selling it all back to bare bones slav tier shit Jow Forums

Attached: 1565189808347.png (667x720, 134K)

>Dad is a quaint boomer hunter
>Maybe spent 30 days total with him my entire life
>Only ever went hunting with him once, ever
>Was too young to appreciate it or have fun for what it was
>He's too old now

Fuck it user, buy why you enjoy shooting. Don't skimp when it comes to a carry gun and carry ammo tho

Don't sell any of it. Don't listen to what people say, either, it's the same tiny number of fags bitching about what everybody else is doing, but keep those gucci guns. Buy a WASR or a PSA AR/AK/whatever utilitarian simple gun too and enjoy it, but you should save all of those other things for when you settle down with a girl and have kids, so they can have them when they come of age.

Keep on sir, we are immensely proud of you

>only gun guy in the family is my older raging alcoholic cousin
>nice guy, little bit on the silent side unless he's drunk
>owns god knows how many guns
>first gun i shot was one of his old 20 gauges
>has been drinking heavily for about 40 years now
>his son moved out
>drinking has escalated to a next level
>barely can form coherent sentences and think clearly anymore

I know. Only met him once before by chance since I was having a funeral in detroit and he was visiting his dad, otherwise we'd been skype friends for about 5 years and been shitposting fags on /b/. Loaned him $1500 before we even met since I had the money at the time and I was just going to piss it away on drugs and he needed it to pay backrent- he paid it all back within a couple of months. fantastic fucking guy and one of my best bros.
I would happily eat a bullet for him.
I'm buying a ruger blackhawk in .357 as soon s I can afford it, he likes his cowboy shit and i'd like a revolver.
Sheer fucking luck and being one of the rare breeds
I am literally the happiest I've been since highschool. I love you guys.
No matter how bad it is someone out there will give a fuck as long as you're trying and willing to change, or at least, rediscover what you used to be.

>come to America from Holland via Rotterdam as a toddler with mom, dad, and older brother Virgil
>get to Colorado where his dad had purchased land
>when he gets there, the land was already accounted for
>great grandpa had his entire life savings stolen by a "shyster"
>my grandpa carried a hated jewish people until he died
>they all moved to Iowa during the fucking dust bowl
>become sharecroppers and endure barely liveable conditions
>fast forward to January 1942, grandpa now age 12
>Older brother Virgil is leaving to fight for his new country, this would be the last time my grandpa saw him
>grandpa knows their capacity to earn will be greatly reduced
>goes to the foreman of a strip mine, works out a deal where he will be allowed to work a half shift in the morning, attend the 6th grade during the day, and then work the other shift after
>he is treated terribly by the other men because they thought he was a German immigrant
>doesn't give a shit
>uses his first week of wages to put down payment on a beater flat bed truck
>rents the truck out to the mine company, keeps it running redneck style
>do that until graduate highschool
>Over the course of his time in the mine he started over two dozen businesses related to mining but most were not profitable.
>However, his machine shop grew, he built and expanded an old sawmill, bought a quarry and these businesses were very profitable
>Meet grandma high school sweetheart who was the best gal in town, among the first in the county to obtain a college degree
>FF to 1982
>Grandpa buys the mine he toiled in as a young boy along with mining company
>3 years later EPA shuts him down
>Has 4 heart attacks, a quadruple bypass, a stroke, bit his tongue off during said stroke, and becomes a deaf mute
>most gentle man I ever did meet, loved outdoors animals, used to sit so still that birds would eat from the palm of his hand
>on deathbed says he is proud of his life and ready to move on
mfw I'm not worthy to be grandson

Attached: verysad_pepe.jpg (225x224, 9K)

Same man. 31 here. My two past girlfriends were shit. One left me for chad, they have a kid together. It’s extremely hard to find any decent women when even the 18 year olds have had sex with at least 3 people before graduating high school. There is no loyalty anymore. I’ve had chances with single moms and what not, but it’s just depressing to think about paying for some other mans orgasm. I dont even want to get married at this point if I did land someone decent, out of fear I’ll get robbed blind in a divorce. The more time that passes the more put off by the whole scharade I get. But the grass always looks greener on the other side. Pretty much all married couples who have been together 10 plus years are miserable anyway.

I'm glad to hear you're making it, man.

>On vacation with friends family
>tfw topic of mass shooting come up
>Friends cousin (little girl in 8th grade) starts talking about a debate she had in class about guns
>Talks about how she supports common sense gun control and the like
>Everyone nodding in agreement and telling her good job
>tfw I-1639 just passed
>tfw NRA isn't focusing on how the ballot didn't explain the initiative
>Judge who called this out got overruled
>tfw Washington
>tfw the absolute state of our gun laws
>tfw

Attached: 1537318387356.jpg (540x720, 41K)

Incredibly wholesome user

he does have a wife, but its not getting any better for him last i heard from my mother. I have no idea what he has,my mother who is my uncles sister would get an absolute tongue lashing from me if she tried doing shit like that after hes gone because im pretty openly SHALL NOT in front of my family. I faintly remember as a kid when I was at his house that he had a revolver with a scope on it (lol), but thats all i rememeber. My grandfather had guns all over his house after he died and my uncle took all of them, so I really wanna know what kinda shit he has, on top of his own collection which im sure is large.

Did korea vets ever bring back garands? my grandpa fought in the war and according to my mom and uncle never said a fucking word about it and was a drunk, so i wonder what kind of shit he went through.

Attached: tarkuv.jpg (489x467, 80K)

know that he trusts you with his most prized possessions, user.

>threw away a relationship of two years a while ago
>all because she wanted to wait for sex until marriage
>she was my first love, so I thought I’d move on
>couldn’t
>I’ll never get her back
>fill the hole in my life with school, the National Guard, the gym, and guns
>ironically grew to hate the degenerate lifestyle I was living
>every girl I go out with can’t understand why I hate that I was a cumbrain degenerate
>see the government getting closer and closer to full step mode
>stocking up on guns, ammo, and gear
>desperately hoping the Jow Forums server I’m on will actually come through if the big igloo happens
>just want to go to the wilderness with my bros and form a trad community
Also, what’s the best 1851 Colt replica for a poorfag?

Attached: 32DA3FD2-20C5-4A33-9010-3F6B0105225D.jpg (1024x989, 122K)

I doubt you guys would believe this
>be me
>mom died in her late 40s
>I'm in my 20s
>Her older brother (my uncle) gives eulogy
>I shit you not, in a room of crying family in a packed funeral home of standing room only, he says how my mother worried about the amount of guns I have

my uncle, out of the blue, did this
I do not have a face to describe it

this was one year ago today, still haven't sold one, never got a chance to bring her to the range and shoot my .22 with her

>just want to go to the wilderness with my bros and form a trad community
Sounds comfy

I'll bring brownies

Good man.

Sorry to hear that man and that reminds me
>My paternal grandfather was a collecter
>Had bajonets swords bunch of cool knives,
>And a couple guns before my countries laws became pretty bad
>Hé died when i was Just a baby
>My grandma moves out of the old house
>Me and my dad pick up some stuff that hé could have
>Old bajonet ka-bar couple tools two swords
>Couple days later find out my uncle found gramps old shotgun which he was going to fix up since at some point it was filled with lead
>Fucker gets cold feet and doesn't go through with it and ends up throwing it out for scrap metal.
Either hé is full of shit and lied about stealing it or hé ditched a heirloom like a moron.