Jow Forumsombat medicine

Anyone interested in battlefield / shtf medicine? I’d be interested to see what you guys have in your first aid kits / ifaks.

Pic related is my trauma kit containing:
-2 compressed gauze
-2 quickclot combat gauze
-2 4in Israeli bandages
-3 CAT tourniquet
-2 gloves (not that I ever use them)
-Duct tape
-4 hyfin occlusive dressing
-3 14ga NCD
-2 xstat clotting sponge syringe
-2 iv start kits + tubing
- 500 ml normal saline
-500 ml hextend
-2 10ml TXA injectable vials
- 10ml ertapenum
-50ml lidocaine
-adrenaline auto injector for emergency resuscitation
-assorted syringe sizes and needles for meds

I have other kits set up for other applications but I figured you guys would be interested in this one primarily.
I have a lot of experience in the field so /ama/ if you want

Attached: B14EAB55-08B6-499D-9137-0BAEF359F4D7.jpg (3024x2448, 2.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

redcross.org/take-a-class/cpr/wilderness-sports
itstactical.com/topics/medcom/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Training is the most important part

Attached: A4635C8F-32A1-4BC7-980D-86DDCDF66FDB.jpg (1024x768, 134K)

- 10pc tendies
- 2 rip its
- 1 fleshlight

figure that'll get me through whatever the world sends me

seriously though, where can I get some lido & a couple epipens?

Not a bad start at all and you’re definitely correct. You can have all the cool guy stuff you want but it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t know how to use it.

With enough orange creamsicle ripits and a fleshlight I think you could survive just about anything

But the meds are hard to get. I have pretty much unlimited access to whatever I want because of my current situation but for most people the best place to look for unobtainable meds is by trying to find “veterinary” medications that “””are not for use on humans”””
I know that you can find injectable lidocaine and antibiotics this way

Here is a pic of most of the stuff that I have in that shitty cls bag

Attached: 72053215-6AE0-4247-AC8B-35170E8AC040.jpg (3024x4032, 3.49M)

good to know, I do need to make an IFAK for the pooch, and obviously he needs to be able to patch me up if the boogaloo goes sideways so should carry some extra goodies.

Forgot to add I added a 4x4 celox dressing and a few 2g sachets of celox powder.
I have 2 IFACs, on on my PC and one on my belt.
One is an Eagle industries 1qt canteen pouch with an IFAK insert (nsn 8465-01-531-3147) with break away Molly Stix
The other is some no-name fold out zipper one
Here’s a more recent pic

Attached: FABBC108-F269-4DB4-B870-6A8F3CF7CEC4.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

Wheres the morphine?

>I attended CLS today and now I feel cool.

Morphine is so WW2
Fentanyl patches are where it’s at now

>-2 iv start kits + tubing
>- 500 ml normal saline
>-500 ml hextend
>-2 10ml TXA injectable vials
>- 10ml ertapenum
>-50ml lidocaine
Show me where I can get these without a medical license please.
Or this>f google captchas lately

Attached: rng est.png (660x466, 318K)

There’s literally nothing wrong with that
It would be awesome if everyone got the chance to get CLS trained.
All u fags should at least take a wilderness first aid class
redcross.org/take-a-class/cpr/wilderness-sports

Ketamine is where it’s at and that comes out when shtf

>He doesn't enjoy git'n gud'er at things that don't involve big igloo LARP'ing

Attached: Goddess.png (505x871, 547K)

>vascular access equipment
>multiple injectable medications that require a minimum of RN certification to administer

>cls

Do they still do IV training in CLS? We did when I went through (2009) but I heard they stopped

I have the proper qualifications to have and handle all of this stuff so I can’t be of too much help but the meds should be the hardest things to obtain and as I said to another user earlier looking for “veterinary” medications is a viable option for a shtf scenario

They do not that stopped a long time ago.

Good
It was a shitshow in the class, and we were strait up told never to do it to anyone anyway and DONT EVEN FUCKING THINK about touching the hextend

Hahaha I’m amazed they even did that to begin with... I teach cls every now and then and watching people put pressure dressings around each other’s necks makes me wonder how they ever trusted people with 2 days of training with needles

There was some poor medic at our class with veins the size of my thumb and he was literally holding the hands of the people that couldn’t get flash on any of us and guiding the needle in their hand into his own vein so they could get checked off and we could move on

>Tfw our Corpsman ran a CLS class on a cruise and we all needed refresher training on IVs and tension pneumothorax. We had many double and triple amputees on our last deployment so our Corpsman threw out in worse case scenario you can run an IV in the patients dick and jokingly asks for a volunteer to demonstrate. Lcpl. Scmuckatelli in Weapons Company possesses a literal 12 inch dick and volunteers to do it. 50 Marines huddled around a guy in the berthing getting a needle in his horse cock.

>No Medical License
No, you don’t need these. Go get training and do it professionally first

who's this and why does he wiggle my peepee

I carry a CAT, Muslim bandage, some gauze and some band aids ON MY PERSON for my EDC. Also have an IFAK on my armor and a larger CLS Kit in my car.

Grow poppies.

But don't harvest until shtf cuz laws

You can't grow poppy legally is us I'm surr

Can you just give someone like 500mg of THC for first aid?

Doubt

What about a little pony bottle of nitrous oxide?

All these corpsmen and, even worse, EMT-Bs(topkek)

If you don't have proper assessment skills your first aid kid should compose of a phone and some rubbing alcohol

Please don't fuck up patients any worse than EM staff get them

>shtf
>no ant-diarrhea medicine
never going to make it

Attached: pepto_bismol_girl_by_roboto_kun_d31yfoi-fullview.jpg (900x582, 64K)

or you know... stick to ABC... doesn't take a rocket appliance to apply a tourniquet or apply a chest seal.

Wait. You have 3 decompression needles but 4 hyfins? The fuck. You should every entrance would would have an exit would. So that's 2 hyfins, and then why would you have more decompression needles than hyfins? Get 6 pair of hyfins for your 3 needles

Can I get some sauce on that bag please?

Best practice disagrees on ABC now home boy

Also most people don't understand prioritizing anyway

w-wait, desu
Is my H-ABC’s still ok???

Attached: 1565106069014.jpg (653x523, 124K)

Yo.....where can you get me some needles

bold claims to not source

You should focus on circulation first, check out new ACLS algorithm, as well as sponsored AHA literature

>be me
>inna nursing school
>nursing is gay
>can't join military
>dont want to make $30k as a paramedic when I can start at $60 for half the effort as a nurse
>I just want to apply tqs and finger fuck penetrating wounds

what do

Do what makes you happy in life. That's what I did, it's why I'm satisfied making shit money as a paramedic. Money doesn't really mean shit when you're at the end.

Yes you can, completely legal as far as federal law goes im fairly certain. You just can't harvest the opium.

People eat poppy seeds on stuff. And the type of poppies that people eat the seeds of are the same type that produce opium.

You don't eat the seeds of the kind that are just garden flowers, not sure why, maybe they're larger or super bitter or something. I've never grown either.

Walgreens or CVS

No thc would be mostly useless for very painful battle wounds. THC is not an effective painkiller like opiates. People with chronic pain claim it helps them with their aches and pains, it's not gonna help with a bullet hole or a limb blown off

PCP then?

I think it may be legal to grow opium poppies in US if you are not aware of how they are used. I would recommend not doing this though you are playing with fire. Pretty retarded we jail people for growing a fucking plant.

Paramedics dont just make shit, make shit if you are a shit medic.

Now I had to get a bachelors degree, I had to go to fire academy (I am employed by a fire service that is all hazard in EMS division but everyone had to be FF2 and Hazmat and I elected to be a pump and ladder operator for the sweet OT over my regular ambulance runs).

>$110,000 a year salary.
>$150,000-175,000 if I pull a shit ton of OT and go looking for type 3+ incident contracts on the side.

I also just started flying after getting my CCP-C and FP-C after a 6 month program. It was a really good intro and I'd recommend doing one of the 6 month to a year programs if anyone wants to delve into that world. Getting to put chest tubes in, in the ICU and drain shunts was bad ass.

If you stick RN do your ER rotation, do your CCRN and then go flight. Ground RN CCT transport is just an upgrade from ass wiping to drip and vent fiddling. Flight at least gets scene calls. My RN partner also went above and beyond and got his Paramedic, but that's almost expected in some parts of the country.

thanks lad

Glad you could decipher. Phone posting and evening beer on board.

I'm toasted too so we're on the same wavelength

I gave a hard pass on doctor shit, didn't want to jump straight into an ambulance to deal with combative junkies and giving old fucks rides from the hospital to their nursing home. I got my CNA because it was a 4wk class and the lowest starting pay was double what I was making before. I figured there'd be less shit and copd phlegm in a hospital but it's not much better.

I found I'm much better in sudden high stress crises- I lose my mind once all the old people go to bed at 3pm and just sit and drink my tea, and I'm first to jump if somebody falls or gets hurt. Once I was talking to our DoN outside a room and over her shoulder I saw a chubbo kick her varicose vein and saw blood start literally shooting across the room and ricocheting off the wall. I literally don't remember running in and making a towel tq on her leg, getting her back laying down, and raising the foot of the bed with my third hand, but I do clearly remember looking back at the don standing in the hallway with her hands over her mouth not moving. I know it's a LONG shot from actual trauma calls but I got the message that I'd lose my mind wiping asses or starting vanco drips and feel more in my element in "oh fug" situations.

its a trauma kit not a general first aid kit fag

Trauma gets boring in itself. I enjoy a good trauma every now and then. I'm talking complex trauma with intubation and vent management in the field. Applying a TQ wears off after you've seen it work a few times. If I want my TQ and operator circle jerk medicine I go to SWAT drill, as I'm attached to a SWAT team as well.

The real good traumas are the scene management calls. As a senior paramedic I get left in IC or Medical Sup role if we have something big. Six bodies ejected on the freeway? I gotta figure out where they are going, what aircraft I have and what hospital (some 200 miles away) are available. That's the critical thinking that is fun. Especially when you are doing all that and trying to do patient care out of a need due to lack of manpower. Few months ago I started numerous lines, decompressed one patient and intubated 3 patients and placed them on vents when a mini bus went over a cliff on the outskirts of our district. Ain't nothing more exciting than doing all the cool shit and then throwing them off on a helicopter team.

The same goes with critical care. Managing pressors, antibiotics, fluids over 2 hours in a critical patient. Reading point of care labs on the I-stat and making adjustments. It's literally a life or death crossword puzzle. Its addicting.

So incoherent. I meant care under fire and the larping shit is really basic. It's fun to do stacked entries and do your MARCH drills and have dynamic situations but real life always ends up being a cluster fuck anyways and it's always back to basics. It's more automation. The bigger scenes at a higher level is more executive thought process and more interesting.

I'm not smart enough to go to medical school and besides the 8 years of headache and financial heart ache, I've had so many physicians ride with me and say "if I could do it all over again" we get to do all the fun stuff. Who doesnt want to be doing ATLS with helicopters overhead.

>The real good traumas are the scene management calls. As a senior paramedic I get left in IC or Medical Sup role if we have something big. Six bodies ejected on the freeway? I gotta figure out where they are going, what aircraft I have and what hospital (some 200 miles away) are available. That's the critical thinking that is fun. Especially when you are doing all that and trying to do patient care out of a need due to lack of manpower. Few months ago I started numerous lines, decompressed one patient and intubated 3 patients and placed them on vents when a mini bus went over a cliff on the outskirts of our district. Ain't nothing more exciting than doing all the cool shit and then throwing them off on a helicopter team.
that sounds so anxiety inducing I want to do it

Thing is EMS is a craft. You dont get out of medic school and know it all. It's a basic competency level. You want the pay and the responsibilities? You put 10 years in or more. It's like we assume you could be doing this stuff after a 1 year class at a community college? Hahah yet you expect the physician treating you to have 12 years of schooling.

Most of the guys I work with have BS or MS, all have prior service or current service affiliations to law, wildland, structural, military. Play in the big boy leagues requires time in.

what happens if you break a bone? what then? do you just commit suicide?

unless you have training then most of that shit is going to be useless.

I'm a woodworker and this is my first aid kit for the most part. I've got a second smaller one and a tote I keep some stuff in like hydrogen peroxide and shit.

Keep in mind you're going to get blood everywhere if you end up using your kit so set aside supplies to stabilize first so you don't contaminate fucking everything. I like using toolboxes. I have a lot of extra gauze because I've learned when my dog gets a cut or something I go through a lot of dressing and shit dealing with it.

OP since you're trained what classes do you recommend for basic stuff? I used to be a medical assistant so I've got basic knowledge but I've never sought out formal training.

Attached: IMG_0817.jpg (3440x2536, 2.18M)

Where do you get this and how much

My pocket kit is
>A SWAT-T
>Abdominal pad
>Roll gauze
>Compressed gauze
>Gloves
>Alcohol wipes
>Celox hemostatic granules
>Medical tape
>In a ziploc bag that can dispose of the waste or be a really poor nigger rigged chest seal

It's all about stopping bleeding and it doesn't do a lot beyond that. Fite me.

>Alcohol wipes
What for?

>Muslim bandage

Attached: FB510651-7C15-4EC3-8BC3-82D7510ECC47.jpg (480x360, 17K)

That + paper cuts on taints & between toes for Interrogation

Y'all got some a helpful combat first aid and trauma sources? Am an unskilled prepping wannabe needing some brains.

"half the effort" he says.

You're in for a big surprise friend.

See
They have PDF cheat sheets at the bottom of the page

Wiping shit off, obviously

itstactical.com/topics/medcom/

What do you need to wipe off? You're trying to stop bleeding, infection should be more towards the back of the list. Also alcohol on wounds is bad, dries and cracks the skin and fucks with healing. If you really want some thing for disinfectant, use iodine for cleaning/flushing. Also the 2% iodine (Google if its 2%) can double as water purification too.

For wiping off your hands or arms or whatever gets blood on it dude

>shit hits the fan
>no protection against shit

Attached: tumblr_inline_pfgy0fdewP1sk45ta_540.jpg (540x540, 54K)

>he doesn’t carry dental dams for protection
u dirty fag

baump

?

Attached: 28C37AE5-B7E5-486F-9FD6-117E5B71E5E5.jpg (1242x1107, 834K)

Can you do a tracheotomy with a ballpoint pen?
I think they did it on MASH

>anyone interested in this topic that is talked to death?

this is a board full of people who spend all day fantasizing about being the hero, of COURSE they care about this shit.

sure but it would suck ass. trachs are already a last-ditch maneuver and usually result from the provider fucking up all his other options.

If I'm guessing correctly, it's a benchmade seatbelt cutter.

That’s my kit. It’s a CPR mask. I guess with the latest CPR standard of chest compressions only, I probably don’t need it anymore
I do have one of those benchmade strap cutters tho

Reminds me of all the gear I managed to take home with me after I ETS'd from the Army as a Medic. Good haul of gear OP.

Got any BP cuffs, stethoscopes, finger pulse monitors or something similar?

In no particular order.
Assorted bandages
Prep Pads
2x gloves
3x CAT tourniquets
Pen
Paper
2x tweezers
Roll Gauze
Compressed gauze
1x NPA
Hyfin Chest seal
Decomp needle
Tape
Gauze pads
Moleskin
Hemostatic bandage
Israeli bandage
Duct Tape
Cravats
Thermal blanket
Antibiotic ointment
Trauma shears
Mini scissors

Also have a larger bag with some other stuff like my BP cuff, stethoscope, and finger pulse ox.

>one marine pattern CLS bag
P A T H E T I C
You need more filter needles
Depends on who you are
>Oi m8
No
Also no
Bring it down a notch, faggot. What podunk-chic fuckhole do you work out of that you’ve never seen life extended before they got to you.
MARCH
>“I just had to recertify this thing LITERALLY EVERYONE in a clinic has to and now I know better”
If you’re including massive hemorrhage in “circulation” then sure but otherwise...
Flight medic
What bone? Details
Remove swat-t

Attached: BFF23514-4F8F-4A2D-99E4-0E45D6D07E6D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.1M)

>Israeli bondage

Attached: 1553019151793.jpg (820x1010, 289K)

>I trust our greatest ally to provide the most useful and high quality medical equipment

Attached: 1.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

Bump

What do you want to know? What’d your current level of training and where do you want to take it?

I’m CLS certified and have actually done some shit in combat. Just want to keep the thread up and anons discussing preparedness

I have absolutely none and the only equipment I possess is a small medical pouch specifically geared towards treating battle injuries. To be fair, the guy who helped me put it together was a POG, but he was a medical POG.

Dump and take pic

Molle compatible so nice

Attached: IMG_20190810_155853922.jpg (4032x3024, 2.61M)

I recognize some of it, like the tube, but not how to properly use it

Attached: IMG_20190810_160144627.jpg (4032x3024, 3.16M)

Nice
What’s the little black thing in the upper left?
Some kinda tourniquet?
Did he give you a rundown on how to use the nose hose?

being a medic doesn't mean you can practice your shit legally. you only get to do cool shit because you're under the 'guidance' of a medical director.

you couldn't pay me enough to ride in one of those death traps.

Ok so where is the fentanyl patches?

>Some kinda tourniquet?
Yes
>Did he give you a rundown on how to use the nose hose?
He'd be remiss if he didn't... which he didn't. He didn't tell me too much about the specifics about the use of a lot of gear. I think he realized some of his info was a bit out of date. I recognized it from playing too much ArmA but aside from the instructions on the package I'm lost. To keep the airway open on people who are knocked out?

Attached: monikute_uhhm.jpg (379x588, 78K)

he's fucking with you senpai

Do someone have manual on first aid treatement or a military medic handbook ? I'll try to join in april but I would like to get some advance.

>posting narcotics onna Norwegian dog grooming web portal

Attached: 0E03CD84-3AD5-4C87-8AB3-FD87B0EFE58A.jpg (378x453, 21K)