Which MP5 clone should I get?

Which MP5 clone should I get?

>100% German kit build by high quality builder
>PTR
>MKE
>HK SP5K
>zenith

I am thinking about getting a kit and having it built, although if I get an sp5k it’d be cheaper than a kit build and be a factory HK gun. What would Jow Forums do?

Attached: F07C0369-F83A-41EA-9F3C-96A6575F27FA.png (695x348, 144K)

Palmetto state armory

Attached: A6A658E5-D8A2-4E7D-9D4D-B78667C05AE1.jpg (750x797, 326K)

Don’t get any of the shit made in Turkey.

I have a ptr 601 and 603, which are the legally a pistol versions of the mp5 and mp5k respectively. I would absolutely advise getting the full size gun over the k. It's not that the k has much recoil in the grand scheme of things, but compared to the full size mp5 the mp5k has a lot more. If you're willing to shell out, get a Dakota build mp5, or mp5/10. If you don't want to drop 3500-4000 dollars, then it depends if you want the welded rail. If you do, get the PTR. If you don't, get the MKE/zenith. I can think of no reason to get the PSA version if it ever exists.

I thought about getting a DT 10mn but you know, at the end of the day it’s still a pistol caliber and inferior to 556, so why not just get something dirt cheap to shoot like 9mm? I’d be way more interested in one in 10mm if you could get it loaded hot and if it was more easily available. I reload but I only have a single stage so fuck that.

Mp5 is hugely overrated

I'll keep that in mind.

If you want an SD then get a kit built by TPM or DT, if not then just get a Zenith as they’re top quality.

Attached: F4D7BE69-7813-4888-B26D-15678B6C2370.jpg (3264x2448, 922K)

Zenith 100%
Only reason to get anything else is if youre gonna SBR it and dont wanna deal with 922r :^)

choices are hard

Peak MP5 right there

SPk5 is even further nuetered now that they added a block to prevent drop in paddle install. Unless you actually want a K gun with no trilug and want HK made, then skip it. You can get a clip an pinned lower to make it look unneutered if you also are willing to remove the block for the paddle mag release.

>semiauto
AHAHAHAHAHAH
how bout you stop being poor

What fun pistol should I get for around $1500-$1750 secondhand instead? I'm rebuilding the collection from scratch after having to sell everything a few years ago. The old "collection" was shit anyways because I was broke.

TP9

Imagine worrying about 922r

Really? What makes them better than the SP5K? I was looking at the B&T one a while back, SP5 looked more fun and a bit more accurate with the longer barrel and sight radius.

Thank you based 10mm is sorta meh user.
Seriously, I couldn't agree more. 10mm is waaaaay to fucking expensive for a PCC range toy and the affordable shit is loaded to .40 specs so it defeats its own purpose.

Attached: absolute-disgust.gif (300x225, 1.59M)

The fucky shit they do with legit HKs now makes me leery. If you want good, premium shit you go Dakota Tactical. After that is MKE/Zenith, which are one and the same as far as you're concerned here in the States, and then it's POF and PTR. Omega is sketchy.

I went Zenith because it's pretty much entirely unfucked by regs but won't -completely- merc my bank account like a DT would.
You're overrated.
Who the fuck gives a single solitary thought about 922r?

Attached: WP_20190801_016.jpg (2169x1725, 775K)

Ty bb also fuck Omega

Attached: DC64EDB8-7244-4CBC-B3FC-521795BE22A7.jpg (2048x1536, 417K)

That faggy logo they have alone is enough to put me off, to say nothing of their janky rep.

I really want a surefire handguard tho, thanks for reminding me...

Attached: WP_20190629_012.jpg (3072x1728, 1.91M)

Can't say much about their MP5 clones, but I did do a build off of one of their UMP receivers with the rest being HK parts and I haven't had any issues with it.
I have heard some people complain about the full U.S. made UMP builds though.

Attached: 1Fn40y7.jpg (5184x3456, 1.55M)

It works fine, I had sent it back because it wasn’t feeding but it just ended up being a mag issue. I’m more butthurt about the shitty looking finish. I can at least take solace in the fact that I didn’t give my money to roaches.

they will end up forcing the others to lower their prices or get fucked.
psa doesn't hurt the consumer with their cheapshit. they're like the zerg of firearms manufacturing.

Also does your rearsling pin rotate kinda loosely? Not a big deal but it's tickling my 'tisms.

Yes, I doubt there are any that don’t.

How sad, RIP me.

Omegas main issues are some dodgy older models, they burned some other manufacturers iirc, and the owners the brother of another even shadier dude. I picked up the last Omega K from Atlantic and I really like it, shoots great. I only bought it as it looks like from what I’ve seen on forums Atlantic was standing behind any models with issues very hard.

Yeah I’m the user with the surefire Omega and wade bailey was really helpful when I first got the gun and it was having issues.

God I fucking hate the finish though.

Don’t get a tp9 unless you have $4000.
I want one really badly, but unless you go full clone it’s meh. That means you need the factor vertical grip, proprietary suppressor, and stock

How much do surefire grips cost?

Reloading solves both of those.

>hey user just buy a complete reloading setup to reload for a range toy you will shoot en masse

Maybe if you already are setup for reloading.

i have an Hk94 and a Clone made by Dakota Tactical. I believe the one made by D.K is an incredible copy, but maybe i'm just being bias.

They’re overpriced.

>use to own mp5sd they made

Yea, the price tag was a little gay, but you did get a good quality clone.

I meant it more as in if you are a reloader it's not a problem. Pistol loading is much cheaper and simpler than rifle loading. 99% of time there's no brass stretching and trimming to worry about and you dont have to worry so much about tumbling or primer pocket cleaning.

You could get a very basic pistol set up for

You should buy the SP5K from Heckler and Koch and not a knock of shitter.

The thing is, they aren’t any better than the other high end manufacturers yet they cost 30% more. My friend has a TPM mp5sd and it’s identical in quality to my DT and cost $1500 less.

The suppressor is mediocre at best and the VFG/stock only cost about 100 and 200 respectively. You can have a fully murdered out TP9 for 2000 pretty easily.

Why do people pay so much for MP5's?

Because it’s literally the best.

Reminder that the PSA MP5 isn’t even roller delayed blowback, it’s just blowback in an MP5 shell.

Can confirm, my dad works at PSA

Idk about that. But Mp5's are just simply one of the most badass looking guns to ever exist imo.

Aesthetics, its iconic pop culture status, and just being overall pleasant to shoot (great recoil impulse and unique manual of arms in terms of the paddle mag release and forward charging handle that contribute to making it a ton of fun to shoot)

Nothing more fun than magdumping an MP5, locking back the charging handle, swapping a mag and slapping the charging handle back down.

Like $180

Where are you finding them that cheap

In the PCC world, I disagree. There aren't many other platforms you can get as small. I guess you could do an MPX or a B&T tho

Elaborate.

Not him, but look for surplus ones

Yeah that's what I'm doing. Where are they found that cheap?

it wont feel like a clone if you convert it

Last time I looked I found em on Gatewoodsupplyco but it looks like their out of stock, sorry

Ideally an Omega if you can find one.

>omega
Oh shit oh fuck, that's not what I meant. Buy anything else.

They suck ass.

Gatewood supply
The LED ones are great. It’s more about looks anyway.

will they beat the hi-point or kel-tek at the PCC game though? or if not would those be good enough quality to warrant somebody saving their shekels for

Do you just swap the light out or what?

Mine came with the LED head already installed, but yeah.

S C O R P I O N

>blowback

Attached: pathetic.png (800x450, 359K)

>just dropped $315 for an A3 stock
Kill me desu

>Buy a surplus, beat to shit old-style A3 stock from HKParts for $275
>Get it refinished by Zenith
>Hairline split in the but grows after a single range session
>Can't return because lolrefinished
>Go to tacswap and buy a new-style A3 stock for $350
>Hate the plastic endcap and lever
>In a fit of rage take the working old-style components and mash them with the new-style stock until I at long last have the A3 I want
Step up, my only prayer is I can convince someone to buy the split butt for cheap and the rest of the unused components.

A3 stocks are uncomfortable as fuck

How are MP5 clones even legal?

They haven't had any complete units in stock for a while.

looking cool requires sacrifice

What did you change, other than the stock and lower trigger housing?

This, aesthetic trumps everything.
In the whole MP5? I got the wide handguard and installed an ambi sling rear takedown pin so my two-point Magpul sling wouldn't be in my fucking mouth when I shouldered the gun. Other than those things you listed that's about it.

What the fuck lmao
B-based? I would love to see them undercut the competitors though. Shit I'd buy one if it was

Nice, im eyeballing a z5rs and was wondering if all the cool mp5 shit would fit.

Fit and finish worth a shit? Canted cocking tube/front sight or anything else retarded with it?

It should accept anything meant for an MP5 since it's basically an exact clone. Fit and finish are pretty good, however I'm sure the latter could be a bit improved upon. Since MP5s have a paint-based finish however, they'll all wind up looking the same after you use them enough, I'm sure. Nothing resembling cant or anything.

Attached: WP_20190720_005.jpg (3072x1728, 2.35M)

Doesn't change the fact that that furniture is ugly as fuck.