Do you like WWII Japanese aircraft, Jow Forums?

Do you like WWII Japanese aircraft, Jow Forums?

Attached: ww2-japanese-aircraft-inspirational-japan-it-s-a-wonderful-rife-allied-nicknames-for-wwii-japanese-o (1588x1147, 739K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/wwii-japanese-aircraft-in-postwar-french-service/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_B-36_Peacemaker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-95
youtube.com/watch?v=SB8g_efiKMg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah

Their paint schemes were grade A aesthetic and I like meming on biplanes in the Ki-27 in War Thunder

Yes

Attached: 7E64F8BF-FE8E-4EC7-A105-374F6B2EE72C.jpg (733x650, 136K)

Why green tho?

Navy Planes were green to better mesh with the tropical trees and plants when flying over islands.

Ki. 44 looks purdy. Would kami. Looks like it had a hell of a lot of variety in schemes as well.

not as cool as german aircraft

Attached: A3280EF9-EF0B-4464-A6BB-DE21B69CC728.jpg (900x900, 114K)

Nose too long.

I appreciate your reply as an opinion but the longer the nose the sexier applies.

Attached: DD2B7190-51A2-4F2C-9EFA-D9C1478D06EB.jpg (478x231, 20K)

Given the political situation, I feel like most Germans at the time felt quite differently.

Yeah.

excluding planes, of course. I'm of the impression that there were quite a few long nose connoisseurs

True story: After WWII, the French colonial forces that reoccupied Indochina were so hard up for air support that they got a bunch of Japanese aircraft abandoned by the retreating IJA flying again and used them in their own service for a couple of years before they could get replacement aircraft from metropolitan France. They were pretty much all retired by the end of the 40s.
wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/wwii-japanese-aircraft-in-postwar-french-service/

Attached: sonia.jpg (756x309, 45K)

I would think the army would use green and the navy silver

>The Nakajima G10N Fugaku (Japanese: 富岳 or 富嶽, "Mount Fuji"), was a planned Japanese ultra-long-range heavy bomber designed during World War II.

>It was conceived as a method for mounting aerial attacks from Japan against industrial targets along the west coast (e.g., San Francisco) and in the Midwest (e.g., Detroit, Chicago, and Wichita) and the northeast (e.g., New York and Norfolk) of the United States.

>The Fugaku had its origins in "Project Z", a 1942 Imperial Japanese Army specification for an intercontinental bomber which could take off from the Kuril Islands, bomb the continental United States, then continue onward to land in German-occupied France. Once there, it would be refitted and make another return sortie.

Attached: G10N style 1 body.png (1280x905, 624K)

A poorman's Ju 390

Attached: 31A94E71-FA9E-444C-B940-1DA3BAC79F2F.jpg (674x225, 32K)

oy vey

Took me a few sec before I get it.

What the fuck were the Axis R&D smoking?

yeah they're nice

Attached: IMG_20190601_101244.jpg (4160x3120, 2.26M)

Some fuckin good shit

The Ki-43 Otsu mod in War Thunder was braindead simple for me to use and club with.

If only...

Attached: 1470717721-3273393504.jpg (1920x1080, 790K)

Fun fact
The N1K was faster than a P-51D when added good ole American high-octane fuel.
Japans fuel was such shit.

But, mmmmmmmmmmm
that 16:1 K/D of the F6F in the pacfic.
Zero's burnt real good

Green blends in acceptably over water. Blue stands out over jungle. Green is a better compromise if you’re not going to be over the water 99% of the time like American carrier based aircraft

The army used a whole variety of schemes from bare aluminum to solid greens and browns to camo paint. The navy used green universally late war as they didnt have any carriers left and were operating off of islands. Green camouflaged them on the ground, also IJN Green is aesthetic as fuck. Early war Zeroes were all white. In the case of OP's image you see the two tone white they used, with bright white on the rear of the fuselage and outboard wing sections and an off white on the inboard of the wings and around the cockpit, presumably to eliminate or at least cut down glare for the pilot. For the attack aircraft of the fleet you had the D3A Val and B5N Kate. For the Val you would see either green or white, it depended on the squadron. The Kate had the most variety for early war IJN aircraft. A lot were straight green however you would see white or a camo of sorts. For example the Kates of the Shokaku were a white dominant camo, mostly white with little splotches of green here and there. Kates from the Akagi also were painted this way at Midway. Kates of the Kaga were all white for Pearl Harbor, and green for Midway. The Hiryu and Soryu used a green dominant camo, green background with brown splotches across the aircraft. Probably my favorite thing about IJN paint-schemes were the colored bands at where the tail section starts. They represented which carrier the aircraft belonged to. The color represented the carrier division and the number which carrier from said division. Red was the 1st, blue 2nd, and white 5th (i believe yellow was the 3rd or 4th but they consisted of smaller light carriers). Two red stripes represented the carrier Kaga, One blue stripe represented the Soryu etc. The army had a similar system but its a bit more complicated than the Navy's

so it picks another 100mph on top of it's anemic top speed and low service ceiling?

doubt
the Frank on the other hand did pick up a bit of performance but not anything like that.
engines do not magically make more power with higher octane fuel.
it would had to have come with extra boost pressure from its supercharging and mild ignition timing advance

the gain from its water methanol system is waaaaay larger than a bump in octane.

oh and real fun fact
the fancy 150 octane stuff we used cut engine life to something like 1/4 baseline.

Attached: 1531970778585.jpg (470x470, 57K)

>▶
▶ ▶
Nice juicy radials, aesthetic camo. The twin engine planes with the big cannons are neat.

Attached: typhoonraf2008-.jpg (900x1200, 731K)

I have a strong feeling that wouldn't fly without a computer aide or a divine wind.

That they could occupy Hawaii and the Aleutians.

By 1944, mostly incindiary

Isao pls

Interesting, thanks for the info

I don't like the japs, period. thats why my arisaka will rust away because I don't know how many based chinks and americans it killed

yuuhhhhhhhh

Attached: green snek.jpg (1920x1080, 791K)

Attached: 1511823640566.png (600x966, 456K)

Then U-235

Perhaps you should sell it and but a norico copy of a US design?

I'd bring it to a gun buyback if I didn't hate the cops, I feel like it's my revenge on the japs for WWII. "Pwesush nippon steel folded oun tausen times naw rusts in american safe next to pwistine enfewld and gawand grory to japan!"

yeah

Attached: 51E70E39-C450-4221-ABF7-F8DCFA501615.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

Which was your favorite Jow Forums? Should add J2M3 or 5 to this.
Why was Zero's nose always black? It would have looked much better with full white or full green. Only cowling needs to be black to not glare.

>16:1
Claimed and around half of those would still be practically defenseless attack planes, though it still shows how Japanese couldn't into air combat in the bigger scale.

Attached: late war Japanese fighters.png (722x317, 21K)

They made some pretty ones

Attached: Dinah.jpg (2047x1365, 662K)

You are right.
This is Lily. She is a tiny twin engine bomber.

Attached: Ki-48_99siki-souhatu-keibaku.jpg (1104x503, 96K)

US claiming system relied on gun camera footage for claiming, so their claims might be a bit more accurate than most

Attached: ju390.jpg (1024x416, 119K)

Attached: Ju 390.jpg (1024x794, 172K)

US claim systems varied a lot between branches and they even started to count ground kills as air kills.
Germans and British used gun cameras too but was to lesser extent and did they bother to check those so often? Also how often did US bombers have gun cameras?

ground kill is about as good as an air kill

For country of course, but not so much for comparing pilot's or plane's performance.

Same for soviets

soviets supposedly only used wreckage that could be inspected by a ground crew, leading to aircraft crashing on enemy territory never being counted

I don't know, airfield attacks were some of the most dangerous sorties fighter pilots flew, far more dangerous than air combat.
Of course it wont work as any sort of metric in comparing aircraft to aircraft but the only way to do that reliably anyway would be 1v1 duels with equally skilled pilots. (which is a improbability in itself)

The whole idea of using kill/loss rates to evaluate aircraft and pilot performance into numbers reeks of warthunder keyboard warriors to me in general.
War isn't a controlled environment, at best you can use statistics from it to get a general idea if one side is performing better on average or not.

Poor way to utilize your resources user. Feels over profit? Shamefur Dispray/10

Imagine if army and navy didn't have separate air services. Most likely there wouldn't have been so many different plane types to burned their logistics and to slow upgrade process. Many types could have received better armament too.
For example Ki-43 didn't really have any reason to exist, when it couldn't have wing guns and it couldn't be upgraded as far as Zero.
I don't know how they usually decided which producer to give which contract, but sometimes it seems they didn't consider any options, even if they had good potential.

Really shamefur how shamefur WT doesn't give more paint options to Ki-61. Also sad how Ki-100 doesn't even have these wild paints like it's predecessor. Just green.

Attached: Ki-61 colors 1.jpg (695x960, 117K)

Too bad the Ki-64 never made it past the prototype stage

Attached: p1.jpg (1000x890, 82K)

Betcha it flies like a rhino if that ever gets in the air. Could have been a BnZ though.

Yes. Playing Il-2 sturmkovik as a kid made me fall in love with the G4M and B5N2

>severe fuel shortage
>lets build planes to fly first across the pacific, north america and the atlantic in one go

The Japanese really couldn't comprehend the vastness of the continental US, could they? Did they really think those bombers could just peruse from California to New York, without being harassed every inch of the way?

>Really shamefur how shamefur WT doesn't give more paint options to Ki-61. Also sad how Ki-100 doesn't even have these wild paints like it's predecessor. Just green.
On German side the best bf109, the K4, only gets white-brown-green scheme and the unlockable paint has the same colours in slightly altered pattern

ki-84 flies beautiflly in il2
n1k2 gets eaten by p51s
zero is shit

Attached: 299842-alexfas01.jpg (5733x4139, 1.51M)

>Zero is shit
Thank you

What makes N1K2 so much worse? Is there even J2M and Ki-100?
Likely someone with power demanded an answer how they would attack America and they drew him that, while knowing it was practically just a dream.

Attached: N1K2-J 2.jpg (736x531, 58K)

Ki-61 is real pretty. All jap planes had the best paint schemes. ID between all the different radials must've been hard for US pilots

They usually identified this as something else or just left it as "unidentified radial engine fighter".

Attached: A6M7.jpg (1280x802, 150K)

Wah! Pacific War isn't a beauty contest senpai!

Attached: Ki-61.jpg (1280x910, 186K)

>zero is shit
Don't hate the plane, hate the rabid fanbase.

Attached: The Eternal Zero.jpg (2451x3352, 886K)

I just kinda love the 20mm Type 99 gunner in the tail of the G4M. I believe later variants had pretty much littered the aircraft with the gun.

Attached: KJ2GMdd.jpg (564x410, 35K)

Tbf, it was one of the best early war fighters. Good armament, amazingly long range, and very nimble. Also as fast as its competition in level flight. Late models like the A6M5c were still very potent and much more survivable, but Japan's primary issue from Guadalcanal onward was the utter lack of experienced pilots, and from Midway onward the lack of experienced air crews to care for the aircraft.

Their few inlines and the compact, but powerful Homare suffered greatly from lacking maintenance crews.
They should have designed fighters around Kinsei much sooner.

Attached: F01 Ki-100 Ib.jpg (1024x600, 192K)

It's flies for 45 minutes before the war end.

It has jet engine in the picture. At least it wouldn't need so long clumsy landing gear.

That's nothing compared to the KX-03
>Length: 162 Meters
>Height: 35 Meters
>Wingspan: 180 Meters
>Crew: 24
>12 x Ne201 Turbo Prop engines at 7000hp
>6 x Ne330 Jet engines at 7920hp
>Range: 18520 km
>Gross Weight: 460 Tons

Attached: fMzB4la.png (674x824, 508K)

I am going to assume both of these could've been used for dropping a 1st gen nuke?

the kx-03, no. it was an early ekranoplan meant as a transport that could avoid the submarine pickets and other patrolling vessels.

Good firepower. But low rate of fire...

No wonder 4 x .50cal are much more successful as tail gun role than using a higher calibre canon.

Attached: b-17-yankee-lady-tail-gun.jpg (1080x1620, 297K)

Is that the thing I saw towards the end of Kotobuki?

Airborne autism isn't really my thing.

Can this even be done with modern tech?

Yes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_B-36_Peacemaker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-95

I strongly disagree, I built one in a physic flight simulator and matched it to specs, it flies wonderfully although the rudder presence is a little weak.

Making a Ki84 in 1:72 scale, when I finish I want to make its American equivalent. Corsair or hellcat?

Neither
Do an F8F

But none of those saw combat against ki84...?

they weren't smoking it (probably) but it was mostly meth and opium

>Booms and zooms you
Heh...

Attached: Curtiss P-40.jpg (1280x1024, 90K)

>The longer the nose
>The sexier
You don't say

Attached: pvmmixtkbd911.jpg (1535x2011, 709K)

Oh look it's the Mutt-model Spitfire.

The Virgin USAF vs The Chad JASDF

youtube.com/watch?v=SB8g_efiKMg

Yeah, I don't like the fact that the ""world"" went to war, but I'm impressed by the technological innovations of relatively small nations. Japan was overly optimistic with Gemrany, probably based on tech, but after a few nukes (I wouldn't have dropped) became bros. For such a small nation they earned their iron, even if they lost

>...
I should have guessed you were going to say something stupid.
There weren't 4 x .50cal tail guns, just twins and those already needed heavier power operated mounts. I'd guess Japanese considered such too heavy and complicated for their twin engine bombers. Only the prototypes of the B-17 sized G8N had 20mm twin turrets. Meanwhile allies only had the clumsy and unreliable Hispano, so it is no wonder they kept fiddys in turrets instead.