Georgia vs Russia

11 years ago at this time, the Georgian army began shelling by barrel and rocket artillery. They started to hit Tskhinval just at the moment when the inhabitants of the small town fell asleep. I myself would have slept if it had not been for Captain Ivanov, the assistant commander of the Peacekeeping Forces, he woke up and asked to come to the peacekeeping base. Major General Kulakhmetov made the first statement to the sound of explosions of shells that had already hit the territory of the lower base, along Stalin Street, in other city blocks. Georgians shelled the villages and the Road Posts of Russian peacekeepers. Back in Tbilisi, no one spoke of "Russian aggression." They reported on the beginning of the operation to restore constitutional order in Shida Kartli. During a day georgians wanted to take the capital of South Ossetia, the war criminal Saakashvili overestimated the powers of the curators and underestimated Russia. August 08 is a lesson to all modern adventurers and villains, because you can always taste a tie.

youtu.be/RkynB-xjk4g

Attached: 1-3-768x576-e1497293601518.jpg (575x359, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ar15.com/forums/AR-15/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Pic-of-Bushmaster-M-4s-in-action-in-Georgia/118-391525/?page=1
youtu.be/k-72ddTJF0Y
youtu.be/Iphxko1Amkk
youtu.be/n98-u2OKEow
youtu.be/hf8t1E-dJAc
youtu.be/LhrmVbvnlXQ
youtu.be/pzxfyJgQpkk
youtu.be/7OCp5bCNTIk
independent.co.uk/news/world/battle-syria-us-russian-mercenaries-commandos-islamic-state-a8370781.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Russian_Sukhoi_Su-24_shootdown
edition.cnn.com/2018/09/17/politics/syrian-regime-shoots-down-russian-plane/index.html
popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a24155/kuznetsov-second-crash-in-three-weeks/
youtube.com/watch?v=RIugeQmGi1Y
twitter.com/histotory_of_ua/status/1159068680057176065?s=21
amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/01/us-healthcare-insulin-diabetes-jordan-williams
youtu.be/EVSAVE6RE-Y
youtu.be/iNEx2F6iqHo
youtu.be/XOba2GSojoU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omsk
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8779624/Russian-family-alleges-suicide-conscript-tortured-to-death.html
telegraph.co.uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 2008 War was a weird conflict that does not get the study it deserves.
>Both sides expected the war to come soon but neither were prepared for it.
>MiGs vs UAVs.
>Tiny nation (Georgia) had better equipment then the big nation (Russia).
>Russian ground troops launched MANPADS and everything that flew anywhere close to them, downing multiple of their own jets.
>Russia fired cluster rockets into troop staging areas to prevent the Georgian reserves from mobilizing.
>Most casualties were from direct fire but artillery is what broke formations.
>Rudimentary attempts at cyber attacks.
>Most equipment losses happen after the fighting is over
>A victorious Russia immediately declares that it did a shitty job and overhauled its entire military.

One strange war.

Attached: The 2008 war.jpg (971x1280, 341K)

Everyone know that was Putin aggression to take territory from Georgia, they just could not annex cause of Western pressure and have to puppet it, stop spreading lies!

I believe that the Georgian Conflict was the first time russia lost a strategic bomber in a conflict.
A Tu-22M took a dirt nap, either to a Georgian Buk or russian friendly fire. In either case, it was a poor showing by the russians.

>Russian ground troops launched MANPADS and everything that flew anywhere close to them, downing multiple of their own jets.
Seems to be a common theme.

They also shot at a pilot who had bailed out, a Russian pilot. I don't know if you can call it a war crime if you are shooting at your own people.

it's amazing how much russia's improved since then. look at them in Syria... they're kicking ass and taking names. Assad was basically on the brink of the destruction and now he's controlling pretty much everything of value and they're still killing jihadists.

lmao

Attached: trust-nobody-not-even-yourself-1704455.png (500x522, 120K)

One thing I remember from when it was happening was that Georgians had Bushmasters.

ar15.com/forums/AR-15/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Pic-of-Bushmaster-M-4s-in-action-in-Georgia/118-391525/?page=1

Putin did a great job in Syria. It shows how smart he is. Letting the Israelis have free reign to bomb the Iranians gives them even more leverage over Assad.

Moping up a raghead insurgency is hardly a decent measure of a modern military. The issues that the Russians had in 2008 may have largely been addressed, but they’d still get stomped if they took on NATO.

>Everyone know that was Putin aggression to take territory from Georgia, they just could not annex cause of Western pressure and have to puppet it, stop spreading lies!
This. Russia throws a ragefit because the Georgians try and stop them annexing territory and appointing a Moscow puppet to govern them. Russia shit on a neighbouring country. Again. Its hard I guess tfor Americans to understand why Russians are loathed so much in Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Ukraine, Georgia etc etc Simple answer occupation, puppet governments, misery,meat rationing, theft, police states, secret police, kgb torture centres, misery, people vanishing in the middle of the night, gulags, compulsory learning Russian, Russian teachers filing political reports on families. Fuck Russia.

Russia and Assad setup ISIS. Pull your head out of your ass.
>Putin did a great job in Syria. It shows how smart he is.

Putin is a kleptomaniac dictator of an impoverished ex communist state with low wages and life expectancy and your a brainwashed spastic if you admire him. What you think he's going to let you stay in his villa in Spain? Go look up the Moscow apartment bombings he used to get elected and ask yourself where he got all his money from.

>Moping up
nigger pls. they were extremely strong before Russia went in. Al Qaeda and ISIS were funded and helped by KSA, Qatar, USA, Israel and Jordan. They had a shitton of arms and plenty of crazies from all over the ME and Europe who joined the fight. CIA was running supply planes all the fucking time.

And look at them now. Almost all of them exterminated.

As a comparison, look at the US and Afghanistan war. It's been going for close to 17 years and Talebs are still in control of massive portions of the country and are killing US troops all the fucking time. If the US was as 20% effective as Russians in Syria, Afghanistan war would have been drawn to a close a decade ago.

>ISIS
Setup by Moscow.

>The 2008 War was a weird conflict

McCain literally ordered Sakashvilli to start a war and promised the support of USA.

youtu.be/k-72ddTJF0Y
youtu.be/Iphxko1Amkk
youtu.be/n98-u2OKEow
youtu.be/hf8t1E-dJAc
youtu.be/LhrmVbvnlXQ
youtu.be/pzxfyJgQpkk

youtu.be/7OCp5bCNTIk

Zirinovsky speech during the debates about Independence of Abchasia and Osetia. turn on the english Subtitles.

Attached: 433811_900.jpg (500x400, 43K)

sure thing, glowinthedark nigger.

>This

kek. you fuck dont know history nor what happened there. also you did was just some copypaste from bydlo troll farm.

>Zirinovsky speech
The lunatic Stalinist who wants the USSR back and beats donkeys to get media attention? Putins controlled opposition lunatic?
You're a fucking retard

You're part of the reason Russia is hated all over the world now. Lying brainwashed Russian shitposters.How does that make you feel?

remember when Russians captured USMC's Humvees in Georgia? kek

Attached: 1552344717865.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

>Russian “peacekeepers”
>training Ossetian militias
>slowly moving border farther south
>forcibly deporting Georgian citizens

Russia appointed itself “peacekeeper” and used the role to fight a low intensity conflict for years to try and reclaim power if not actual sovereignty over one of the soviet breakaways.

no one's hated more than amerimutts. no one.

Rusian propaganda posters may all be paid and work for the state 'internet research agency' but in better counties we can post what we actually think and I'm not even American.

>The lunatic Stalinist

i wonder. what are you smoking again? where are you from?

>You're part

actually russians are hated because they refuse to suck american dicks and because georgian and jew mafia in USA are speaking rather russian than jewish or americunt languages..

Attached: 13311932.jpg (587x767, 87K)

>overhauled

They built up a couple brigades that wouldn’t make them look like such complete amateurs. Georgia was basically a draw, which didn’t do much for the Russian ego with the sting of getting BTFO in Chechnya still stinging.

>Rusian propaganda
>pok pok

and here comes the pigy rooster!

Attached: Volodymyr_Parasiuk.jpg (574x480, 64K)

>Rudimentary attempts at cyber attacks.
Also the first time Russia made use of web brigades.

Yup, when you lost burned your bridges with NATO (wich you were once partners with)an the west and signed up for a generation of poverty and a rerun of the USSR failure but on a more squalid and pathetic scale

Bad news, I like Americans, I like the Americans who post on here. I would not piss on a Russian if he was on fire or ever believe a word that came out of a brainwashed Russians mouth. That's partly the fault of people like you and your shitty 'internet research agency' propaganda, your shitty glp, pol, zeohedge, globalresearch and newspaper trolling. You brought the awareness that truth does not exist in Russia and that Russians problem was not the shitfest that was Marxist Leninism (ie crappy dictatorship) but the Russia people themselves are shit. You want to see a brainwashed sheep? Look in a mirror

Lol, ok vatnik

independent.co.uk/news/world/battle-syria-us-russian-mercenaries-commandos-islamic-state-a8370781.html

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Russian_Sukhoi_Su-24_shootdown

edition.cnn.com/2018/09/17/politics/syrian-regime-shoots-down-russian-plane/index.html

popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a24155/kuznetsov-second-crash-in-three-weeks/

Russia has demonstraTed its military remains a clownshow.

>They started to hit Tskhinval just at the moment when the inhabitants of the small town fell asleep. I myself would have slept if it had not been for Captain Ivanov, the assistant commander of the Peacekeeping Forces, he woke up and asked to come to the peacekeeping base. Major General Kulakhmetov made the first statement to the sound of explosions of shells that had already hit the territory of the lower base, along Stalin Street, in other city blocks. Georgians shelled the villages and the Road Posts of Russian peacekeepers.

youtube.com/watch?v=RIugeQmGi1Y

What sad little fucks the paid propagandists from the st. Petersburg internet research agency are' all desperate to improve their English language by shitposting lies so they can get a visa and escape Russia to somewhere anywhere that is less shit. The irony being that due to their own 'work' Russians are fucking hated.

>ITT vatnik shills and their AstroTurfers gather precious (you)’s from people who don’t have the good sense to sage, report, and hide these low quality bait threads

>Tiny nation (Georgia) had better equipment then the big nation (Russia).

not in the slightest. unless you count nato training some troops for coin ops in iraq to be 'better equipment'. the advisors that were there were baffled even when the troops they were training dropped their us supplied kit and picked up their antique soviet era equipment to go fighting with

which is a bigger joke, best korea or rustia? Hard to tell these days. Hail putin etc

Imagine invading a country when you outnumber them 100 to one in every practical factor and still somehow ending in a draw after the commanding officer of the invasion force is killed on the first day and you lose a dozen aircraft.

They switched from a divisions filled out by mobilization to combat ready brigades.

The post-2008 reforms were massive.

Attached: Russia_2008_SRBM_boster_hit_on_police_car.jpg (750x500, 108K)

>T-72SiM
>BMP-2
>Mix of new and ComBloc artillery
vs
>T-62M, T-72B, many without explosives in their ERA tiles. Again. Stop doing that Russia.
>BMP-1 and BMD-1/2.
>Soviet era artillery.

The Georgians had a lot of good kit.
What they lacked was a good plan and good morale.

Attached: Russia_T-72_T-62M_2008_going_out_for_a_vist.jpg (900x598, 125K)

>Russia has demonstraTed its military remains a clownshow.
not as big of a clownshow as the US. when's the last time US won a war? 1944 when Russians saved the day and fucked over Nazis and US just strolled in? kek. US has no idea how to win wars anymore.

And look at the state of the US itself... an invaded and conquered country. You won't even speak english in 15 years time. Let me know how communism, which is coming, ends up working for you.

>The post-2008 reforms were massive.

twitter.com/histotory_of_ua/status/1159068680057176065?s=21

fun fact: Russians did not occupation Churka shithole and stopped their army.

Attached: 0888e9df6c6936aa20521e10809c61e5cafee51cbcdb78c6223d438f230a6677.png (749x592, 572K)

>when's the last time US won a war

I know where is a better place to live. Enjoy being poor, living a shorter life, brainwashed, conscripted and everything that you try an project on the US. Why do you fuckers even bother posting your shit? The who planet facepalmed over Russia when you started the organised shitposting. Now most people just wish the burgers would get on with it and glass you. Where's your little picture of putin riding a bear. O that's right he threw a ragefit at you over it and banned you from posting his precious image again. Narcissistic little klepto isn't he your precious dictator?

>I know where is a better place to live.

Attached: 15651602846882.jpg (960x710, 73K)

>Enjoy being poor, living a shorter life

amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/01/us-healthcare-insulin-diabetes-jordan-williams

Attached: 1564622968955.jpg (575x739, 96K)

Why are you squealing?

cope

>Why are you squealing?
>Where's your little picture of putin riding a bear. O that's right he threw a ragefit at you over it and banned you from posting his precious image again. Narcissistic little klepto isn't he your precious dictator?

>they partially reorganized their forces the way NATO did 35 years ago

Yeah, “massive”. They have a handful of brigades organized and mostly equipped in a modern fashion now, but the majority of their manpower remains in the old structure.

Imagine getting paid 50 rubles a day to shitpost. At that rate I feel like I’d rather do it for free and be a slut rather than be a cheap whore. Seems like it’d be easier to be proud.

>brainwashed, conscripted and everything that you try an project on the US.
In Moscow, we were very generously given a bottle of French champagne by the rather tough-looking chaps on the next table. To our alarm, the waiter whispered to us that they were Russian Mafia who had some scam or other going. We accepted the bottle politely but thought “we’re in trouble here”. But then they left the restaurant – and to our astonishment one of them walked straight through a closed glass door. He just brushed the glass off and walked on. We realised they were just paralytically drunk.

Attached: loling bitchas.jpg (960x720, 72K)

>georgians started the war
lmao

I know America isnt anymore innocent but holy shit Russia sucks at dealing with its neighbors no wonder eastern europe is united against them.

Great documentary, goes in-depth with Moscow's maskirovka. Just look for the full version.

youtu.be/EVSAVE6RE-Y

youtu.be/iNEx2F6iqHo

>Imagine getting paid 50 rubles a day to shitpost.

kek. you cheap troll farm whore. i am sure you have proofs based not on "russian opposition ex KGB", who are desperate to get canadian or american id card and social carte so they can go back to meth and mariuhuana

Attached: jyuqvy08t6831.jpg (574x767, 81K)

Yeah. In the end they gained nothing they didn’t already effectively have (Ossetia and Abkhazia) but also made fools of themselves and pissed pretty much everyone off.

Lol are you allowed to drink at work or do you have to shill sober?

holly fuck! the delusion of american whores is here so fucking amazing!

Attached: 1564338474268.jpg (700x933, 121K)

>Yeah.
One thing I want to add is that EU also admitted, that Georgia invaded Tskhinval and shot peacekeeping forces in PACE Resolution 1633, but never was mentioned by Western and anti-Russian media who rushed with Russian invasion story. Good thing Russia did not go full Soviet on Saakashvili's ass and simply take him out in Tbilisi, because that is probably what West wanted, to provoke war with Russia.

Attached: 15401377290840.jpg (800x762, 142K)

>spend years provoking and subverting a former breakaway province under the guise of “peacekeeping”
>get fed up and strike back
>big bad Russia runs away with a bloody nose then pays millennials pennies to claim victory on Mongolian snake charming boards

>>spend years provoking and subverting

youtu.be/XOba2GSojoU

Attached: 1528703030373.jpg (640x640, 147K)

>RT

Is that a job requirement or do you have a list of other approved sources?

calm down before you blow a gasket, pidorashka
>graham phillips
lmao, just like how I should believe dennis rodman for how good North Korea is

Well good job on starting another "Russians dindu nuffin' it was the man keeping us down" thread.

right now you are just sad cockriding gay whore..

Attached: 13228277.jpg (640x565, 101K)

>I’m out of things to say so I’ll call him gay!
>haha checkmate!

Attached: 04AF61B5-F2C8-4A3D-8FC3-9B1C624C8F05.jpg (277x508, 124K)

>lmao

kek. dem buttmad bydlo..

Attached: 14570844704550.jpg (731x531, 67K)

nope. you are still a sad cockriding gay whore..

Attached: 2087962.jpg (610x385, 59K)

t. Vasya from Omsk

>burning arce theories

kek. you are still a sad cockriding gay whore..

Attached: 14565782913231.jpg (527x495, 77K)

>Omsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omsk
>Omsk serves as the episcopal see of the bishop of Omsk and Tara, as well as the administrative seat of the Imam of Siberia
>Imam of Siberia
kek

>The Georgian conflict was a draw
What? Because Russia didn't invade the entire country?
For a normal country just pushing Georgia out of the territories it invaded would be enough. Russia followed the Georgian forces so far into Georgia multiple western countries got concerned as fuck they were going to take the capital.

Attached: 800px-2008_South_Ossetia_war_en.svg.png (800x565, 459K)

>you’re gay
>you’re gay

You literally had love for the fatherland implanted in your anus. Didn’t you? I guess that’s an advantage in a third world shithole like Russia where the sexual abuse of junior enlist is not only common but expected. I hear prison wives learn to love it too.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8779624/Russian-family-alleges-suicide-conscript-tortured-to-death.html

Attached: 0030C663-1DA9-4E19-83D5-66998B100A71.jpg (306x481, 17K)

Attached: A0344E7A-BBEE-4CDC-B977-E64607B2599C.jpg (543x1024, 90K)

>telegraph.co.uk

kek. you are still a sad cockriding gay whore..

Attached: 0tzQdsWr.png (512x512, 320K)

>Thread about a cool war is just shitposting.
Its so tiresome.

Attached: 1559800034198.png (640x640, 47K)

>>Both sides expected the war to come soon but neither were prepared for it.
Which is weird because Georgia held a large military exercise a month before (Immediate Response 2008) where they fought against insurgents to the north at the same time as Russia held a large military exercise where they had to defend two regions from an attack from the south (Caucasus Frontier 2008).
Not often you get to prepare for a war in the exact manner it is going to be fought.

Approved.

Attached: 88915FBC-862E-408D-99DA-02D824E0BFE9.jpg (624x351, 134K)

Holy hell the Wikipedia article on this war has to be the most biased one I've read in the past 10 years.

Well we still fail to sort out Afghanistan that shithole is bleeding the west of trillions of dollars
Couldn’t give a fuck about Afghanistan Iraq was more important only thing is big boys need those rare metals in the hills of Afghan and the heroin trade too
Everyone knows the Chinese will roll into Afghanistan as soon as we pull out as well

How come israelis always derail threads about Russian and American conflicts

Attached: 8F4B8AE1-3537-4D4B-9515-D7CDF3D13674.png (828x1792, 3.53M)

>How come israelis always derail threads about Russian and American conflicts
it's not Israelis. it's either Polacks, Hohols and the actual glowinthedark niggers themselves.

Attached: 1548275969125.png (1544x2612, 279K)

>ISIS absolutely demolished by the US
>Only major loss of FSA territory is Daraa and Ghouta
Boy you are fucking dumb, they exported the majority of FSA to Idlib and Afrin while the Kurds control the other 1/3 of the country. SAA is only able to advance on a small, for instance today they managed to take two towns, a standing army vs. a militia taking two towns is an embarrassment. HTS on the ground said that they got bombed to hell even before the assault turning the town to rubble because SAA is too shit to actually assault. Brutal and effective tactics for a shit army. They consistently bog down against shitty fighters and are being raped constantly in the deserts by IS.

SAA is advancing slowly because of Turkey and refugees. They could have overrun Idlib last year but Erdogan wrote that WSJ piece and Putin stopped the advance.
Now Putin and Erdogan are BFFs and Turkey's one foot out of the NATO.
I'd say that was a small price to pay for a geopolitical masterstroke.

Attached: 1535903995283.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

>Russia and Assad setup ISIS
*USA and Israel

>70k Russians and another 20k or so militia troops
>under 30k Georgian military, reservists, and police
>total casualties were still roughly even

Yikes. That’s got to be embarrassing.

They could have, but they didn’t. You can say it’s because the head roach wrote a persuasive op-Ed in an American newspaper, but you know in your heart you’re just making excuses.

Sort of impressive both sides only had like 100-200 killed considering all the stuff they threw at eachother. Abkhazias only killed was a friendly fire incident while Georgia lost two. Imagine being the one guy doing 100% of the killing in a campaign.

It actually is pretty amazing considering the incredible disparity in force and capabilities.

No really, why are you squealing little pig?

The butthurt is strong in these ones

It was obvious that an invasion was coming when the new rail line was built at great expense as an alternative to having to push everything through the tunnel. The whole passport thing was rather blatant, too.

That said, Georgia pretty stupidly walked basically into Putin's trap. The only chance they ever had was to forget everything else and get a force--ground troops, commandos by helicopter, whatever--to the tunnel and blow it on Day 1. They failed, and thus were pretty much doomed.

Ex-Soviet Nation vs Ex-Soviet Nation, except one is several times the size of the other, yet the big one still blunders and fucks it up somehow.

>railroad
>passport
These is sign of the annexation, not an invasion, user. Matter was who will blink first, and Georgia did it. They had the treaty with Ossetians established after the civil war, and Russia was a guarantor of this threaty, so they are aggressors by the international law.

Russians won this war in the five days, hardly counts as "fucks it up". Given their fresh performance in Chechnya, I thought they would get bogged down for at least a year, but the Georgians didn’t even start a guerrilla war.

Their losses were about the same despite size difference between the two and the loss of three aircraft from friendly fire alone, plus three more by a country with a non-existent air force is pathetic.

dont you know that its common sense Russia actually never attacked first anyone
Besarabia provoked soviets, Poland provoked soviets, Finland provoked soviets, Latvia wanted to provoke soviets, Estonia if it could would provoke them too and Ukraine is doing it as we speak!

Russia is good boy, he didn't do nuffin

>get home from some trip or some shit
>turn on TV, but don't really pay attention to it
>some slavs fighting, must be Chechnya again or some shit
>listen a bit closer
>mfw
Good times.

Attached: double_take_nig.gif (220x200, 296K)

>interesting thread gets derailed by amerigoy and putinbot shills

Attached: 1565180297345.webm (640x800, 188K)

Typical