PS AR-15

What's Jow Forums's opinion on the psar kits? I've been thinking about getting pic related and buying and was wondering if any of you have experiences with it.

Attached: 507279.jpg (370x370, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crdPv6nAQwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only parts that matter in an AR are the barrel and BCG, the skill of the guy assembling it, and the trigger

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I was looking for a cheap decent ar that I wouldnt mind building and the cheapest I could find was the kit and a stripped reciever

They're good to go. Most long time users here have at least assembled one, personally I've assembled 7. Only issues have been the occasional missing part, but they always replace it. One order was cancelled after a long wait. On the flip side, I've also had PSA ship out items that exceeded the specs of my order, such as nitride BCG when listed as parkerized, 10.5" upper that included a bayonet lug while the listing didn't, and even an extended ambi charging handle that was unlimited

Gotcha, do these kits last a long time as well. I was trying to find something close to the m&p sport II but 5hundo and some change is just a little out of my price range

Most people don't shoot them enough to wear them out, but realistically if you use it enough you could always replace small parts as they fail, and even upgrade them. The AR is very modular.

PSA is a mixed bag. I've gotten some things that were poor fit and finish. That was a few years ago, they might have improved since then. That being said, I bought one of their uppers with a stainless steel barrel for a basic bitch, iron sights only build. It was excellent and is one of my favorite rifles to shoot.

I have one. It's fine. Better than the worn out Colt I had at most pog units in the Army.

Attached: armor2.jpg (3000x2000, 971K)

They're gtg

Based earmuffs for proof

OP here,
gotcha, thank you guys. How accurate is it as well compared to other ars around the same price range

The one l threw together just had a series of like 10 malfunctions

Looking for an AR to sit in your closet for months at a time and get the occasional range time? It's a perfect choice. Same if you just need a cheap ar to take to Wal-Mart.

Need a high speed low drag LARP piece or are planning to put thousands of rounds through it? May wanna save your sheckles.

What if I plan to go to the range weekly? What should I save up for?

youtube.com/watch?v=crdPv6nAQwU

The PSA will still be fine for going to range weekly. Prioritize your spending on ammo.

based and freedompilled

Thanks. Next time I see PSA have a sale on complete lowers I'll pick one up

You'll have more trouble finding a range long enough for it to matter.

PSA is really hit or miss. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes a bad one. I was lucky Enough to get a good one, I have swapped out some parts though. It's palmetto state upper 1:7 16" Nitride chrome line barrel. I have put an estimated 5000 rounds through it over a span of three years or so? I swapped out the BCG for a S&W BCG, I put in a 1.5lb trigger group, and a heavier buffer because it was overgased when I first got it. I get 1.25" MOA using 75g Hornady Black box, I'm pleased with what I got.
>pic related
>inb4 I have removed the optic, replaced with holosun
>Inb4 I haver also removed the flashlight
>inb4 poor nigger

Attached: MP15 01.jpg (480x640, 58K)

Oop wrong picture

Attached: MP15 02.jpg (480x640, 74K)

>the skill of the guy assembling it
What? You've never built an AR have you

Not OP, but I've seen guys scratch the fuck out of their receivers when trying to install the roll pins for the bolt release. There is some skill involved.

If you don't already have the tools, and don't plan on making more than one I suggest getting something like a M&P Sport II instead. After buying tools you're only saving about $100 ignoring shipping and the FFL transfer for the lower.

This. I'm not that guy, but I've also seen people fuck up receivers by trying to hold them with improper tools when they go to install the buffer tube or the barrel. Some people don't torque down the barrel nut correctly. A careful builder will lube detents and springs, a careless one will not. Many people will fuck up installing pins.

How does the ruger stack up to the smith?

It doesn't quite. The m&p from what I've seen from around YouTube shoots slightly tighter groups and feeds consistently where you're guaranteed a small handful malfunctions with the Ruger.

Just assemble the lower bro, that shits like Legos...

They're alright but be prepared to wait half a month for any order including an upper to ship.

Are nitride barrels from PSA fine for a bimonthly range toy? Or should I go with the CHF barrel, I kinda want to put a binary trigger in it down the road

I've seen several people on here say to stay away from their Freedom line but this video has me wondering why.

It's a great cheap AR-15. It works good and is cheap. It's not your 1,000 dollar one, but for $300, you can't go wrong.

But we are talking about the only parts that matter. The barrel the bcg and trigger. Not scratches on the receiver

I bought a PSA Carbine as my first AR a few years ago. I'm about to trade it in for a 100 year old piece of shit nugget because that's an upgrade.

This kit is reliable as all hell. I bought one just to have an extra AR on hands. Mine has run 6,250 so far without a single hiccup. I do oil and clean it regularly though.

>cheap ar to take to walmart
Take a look outside

Attached: Malibu.jpg (1500x844, 112K)

Because they spent way to much on theirs and need to cope

I have a rifle assembled with a 'premium' mid-length PSA kit. It eats absolutely everything I throw into it, including the El Cheapo russian steel case stuff. I was at a range day one time and an FFL let me slap the upper on a post sample lower assembly. It ran perfectly in full retard.

For roughly $500 I'm more than happy. PSA is good, don't let the haters fool you.