I'm about to buy my first gun

I can't decide between an AR-15 and AK-47. Which do you recommend, Jow Forums?

Attached: news-314-AK47-vs-AR15.jpg (600x600, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxk1wAOznsU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

one of each

>avoid u.s made ak's like the plague tho

Attached: trunnion-2-RAS47 (1).jpg (638x1136, 151K)

Yeah

The PSA GF3 is probably the best all-american AK right now. It passed The AKOU 5,000 rounds test. But to answer OP's question; Either one is just fine. If I had to pick just one, go for the AR. However, if you can afford both then absolutely get both.

Attached: 1549083422421.png (1280x1707, 2.08M)

The AR market has never been better priced than what we currently have. AK market has been in shambles since Obongo's bullshit. Move on a Gucci AR noe and pick up a novelty AK later.

novelty ak's explode

Also complete disregard poorfags telling you to pick up US trash AKs.

this

US market was made for the AR and you can buy a cheap 2nd hand mid-grade AR or build one cheap yourself very easily

Shouldn't you be in your containment thread? Oh wait even in the containment thread people say PSA AKs are decent.

In the US: AR

In some *istan: AK

AR is the clear winner in the US for a lot of reasons

I mean novelty as something to have not get heavily invested in atleast until the market changes. I dont mean cast trunnion shill shit.

don't care, it's inferior in every way to a wasr or rh-10 that you can buy for 150$ more

Neither of those should be a first gun.

Tell that to the PSA GF3.
youtube.com/watch?v=rxk1wAOznsU

>why did my bolt crack?
>guys are broken trunnions normal?
>does this peening look right?
The life of the JUSTASGOOD owner

Wrong

Meanwhile Romashit WASRs go tens of thousands of rounds converted to full auto for Las Vegas tourist over and over again for a few hundred more. You made a bad choice. It's why you're made fun of by everyone except the people who also made a bad choice.

huh?

millions of soldiers around the world just looked at you quizzically

Attached: 1372801674094.gif (320x240, 1.83M)

You're a fucking retard if you think those rifles belong to those soldiers.

Oh is this where you start taking a deep dive in to autistic semantics because he didn't say AR or AK pattern rifle? I remember when I first got into guns too.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what you responded to.

settle down there buddy

Attached: 1373426458497.gif (728x426, 128K)

What difference does it make? Doesn’t change the fact that a person with no weapon experience can become combat accurate on an AK or AR with little traning. Military weapons are made to be easy to use.

We're all struggling to understand what the fuck you are talking about to begin with.

Comparing an AKM to an M4gery is brain dead retarded. A more fair comparison would be the AK15 vs modern AR.

its called a pee sack for a reason

not to mention small bolt parts like the firing pin up and breaking on palmetto shit armory aks, and robski having to tooth pick it in place to keep going

Enlighten us where we can get an AK15 in the states?

It has nothing to do with training or experience. The question wasn't "what should I get if I've never shot a gun before?". A bolt rifle or a handgun or a shotgun is usually the cheaper, easier to maintain route for someone who has never personally owned a gun. Not an indictment of ARs and AKs, something that the retards in this thread can't comprehend.

If you weren't an illiterate shitstain, it wouldn't be difficult in the slightest. But here we are.

you do realize there are tons of modern accessions to outfit standard akm/74's with right ?

Attached: download (7).jpg (276x183, 8K)

And yet you still haven't explained why hes shouldn't. There is literally no reason he shouldn't and others have touched on why he should. Please continue to be a salty faggot who cant competently express his thoughts via text.

Price isn’t an issue these days when you can get an AR15 for ~400 dollars. Plus you get a lot more gun for the cost. Maintenance on an AR or AK is simple, they’re designed to be maintained by people with close to room temperature IQ’s. He won’t have any issues.

Jesus christ you're a fucking retard. Fuck off retarded poorfag.

The reasons were outlined in a single sentence above. You're just an ignorant, nogunz, illerate piece of shit. Do the species a favor and light yourself on fire.

This is quiet possibly the dumbest fucking thing I've read on Jow Forums in years.

Stab yourself in the throat you autistic fucking nigger. Nothing wrong with AKs or ARs, just not literally the *first* gun I'd ever recommend anyone buy. You are physically incapable of understanding anything being said.

Legendary rifle vs non legendary rifle.
Tough choice.

Why wouldn’t they be the first gun you recommend? If they’re too complex for you to maintain, i really hope you don’t have a fucking car.

Your reasoning is god awful and you reak of 18 year old poorfag. Post your shitty guns so I roast the shit out of you and your shitty self esteem.

You've been o. Jow Forums since June you dumbass summerfag. There are Chinaposting threads multiple times a day. There are dozens of Jow Forums threads a day. You only think it's dumb because you have no fucking clue what goes on here on an hourly basis.

>BAW GAWD YOU GOTTA START EITH DEM DER BOLT ACTIONS CUZ DA SEMI AUTOS IS TO EXPENSIVE TA MAINTAIN
Please kill yourself with one of your shitty surp guns.

Point out where anyone a said they are complex to maintain. You're making shit up to suit what you want to hear.

Stop hyperventilating, that's just your opinion.

Learning to operate, safely shoot, field strip, and clean an AR takes very little effort.

This is like a day's worth of Army basic training.

Get a load of this nogunz faggot.

Are you okay there buddy? You seem to be having a mental break down over being called a dumb faggot. You should be used to it by now.

And it's just an opinion that the only options worth considering for a first gun are either an AR or AK.

You said shotguns and bolt actions are easier to maintain, as if 10-level maintenance on an AR15 would somehow be a hinderance to a new gun owner. You ever take apart a pump action shotgun? It’s a lot harder to take apart and clean relative to an AR or AK. Also post your guns.

Then what the fuck are you doing in this thread? The OP is explicitly asking about AK’s and AR’s

You seem to be incapable of understanding the the entire world doesn't consist of just a couple things. No surprise given that your the product of multigenerational incest.

Jesus christ are you that fucking inept? This is comical.

Wait, you actually believe it's difficult to take apart a bolt rifle or a pump shotgun? You can't be serious.

those actually were the options presented by the OP

>"I can't decide between an AR-15 and AK-47."

DUDE LMAO GET A FAMAS OR AN SKS AND GET GUD NOOB doesn't help

If you're not planning on customizing it and just want something that werks, get a WASR. If you want to add optics, customize the gun to you, and tinker with it get an AR. In my experience, AKs are much more fun than ARs.

And the question is, why? What led to this conclusion that these should be the only two options? Reasonable thing to wonder.

>calling others inbred
>complains that AK and AR maintenance is too hard for a first time gun owner
Big brain thinker here

You’re honestly fucking retarded. You said it’s easier to maintain a bolt action or a pump action shotgun than an AR15, then proceeded to provide no evidence as to why that is. Waiting on guns.

Attached: 5AD45586-5918-4467-B327-FA3EF9DD288C.jpg (747x1001, 333K)

SKS would be a good option. Not sure why you seem to be saying it wouldn't be.

get a 7.62x39 AR47 style rifle that takes AK mags and uses AR BCG/barrel/stock/etc

Except you know that's what OP wants
>Hey guys I want x or y
>DUDE Z

I do but you’re still stuck with an AKM whereas the Ak15 has a free floated barrel which is a nice and modern addition. Same with the Ak12s

Wasr

Yet again, you're claiming things were said that never were. "Easier than" doesn't mean the other is extremely difficult. Just like saying this $50 shirt is more expensive than this $30 shirt doesn't mean either is extremely expensive.

You're what happens when they don't teach kids to read.

I wasn't, it's called hyperbole user

Never ceases to amaze me what special blends of poverty, inability to convey thoughts in text, fudd lore manages to wander into this board. Just lol @ telling op he needs to level up on maintenance with shotguns and bolt actions first.

>no guns.

You claimed there's no difference and proceeded to provide zero evidence as to why. Strange.

So you're mad that this thread went exactly how every thread on Jow Forums goes. Mkay.

No where have i said there’s no difference. You still have yet to post your guns.

You literally said it here
>usually the cheaper, easier to maintain route for someone who has never personally owned a gun.
You're retarded and a luddite. Post your guns faggot.

Yes, everyone that doesn't choose between the AR and AK is a fudd. Get fucked you nogunz infant.

OP wants a basic sem-auto rifle

Jow Forums recommends some slavshit, a Glock, and a Remington 700

it's nice to see some things never do change at least

Attached: 1500128395706.gif (300x169, 1.94M)

>AK-47

You want a unicorn with that, retard?

no but someone who screams you should go with a bolt action or shotgun first is. Kill yourself Elmer.

Oh man semi auto oil and patches is such a expensive pain in the ass unlike that cheap bolt action oil and patches.

Holy shit you fucking faggot, you straight up just proved the point hat what you EXPLICITLY claimed was said was never said.

Neck yourself immediately.

truth to this, if OP, probably a noguns, goes out and buys an AK after this thread 99% it will be a century or some other shit brand and explode on him down the road.
It's safer just to suggest an AR15

Strange that you'd demand that despite the fact that your are a nogunz summerfag.

>Screams
>Suggested
Yep, you should definitely kill yourself today. No tomorrow, not the next day; today.

I posted my guns already.

Becareful taking advice on here OP, half the board are underaged noguns.

Attached: F56B3CC9-7E66-4C56-B0B5-C582B8B03D47.jpg (2159x3840, 906K)

Do you never take apart anything or what?

>one is cheaper
>conversely one is more expensive
You therefore implied that that op should be dissuaded from own an AR as a first gun because the cost of maintenance is prohibitedly higher I between also spouting off random other autism. If this was not your intent learn to use your words better before you KYS.

Imagine telling everyone you aren't screaming while screaming everyone they should kill themselves for calling out your stupid argument. You're a retarded child. School needs to start soon.

There are times where Jow Forums is simply too bland.

Attached: 1550426503569.png (1140x2055, 794K)

Plenty of Century AKs operate flawlessly.

bitch you are so dumb.

>Jow Forums recommends some slavshit, a Glock, and a Remington 700
Not a bad militia larp loadout desu. especially with a folder AK.

what if he shoots more than 2000 rounds

Do you? Taking apart a AR15 is laughably simple. I'm sorry about your brain problems or the fact that you think an AR needs to be completely disassembled in a regular basis or ready even ever. Also your AR is PSA trash which explains a lot of this.

Attached: 1561555769646.jpg (960x570, 70K)

Jesus, every single reply here is fucking autistic.. desu, they're both fine rifles to have and keep.
AR
>easy to maintain and field strip
>cheap ammo
>tons of after market parts and support
>with the right ammo and barrel can be fired over 600m
>an American classic
>overflooded market so most likely to get a lemon
>.223/5.56 is not a bad round but 7.62 is better
>lightweight depending on model so easier to maneuver with but sharp recoil depending on stock unlike AK

AK
>the rifled that changed the world
>will fire regardless of what you do to it
>ammo is super fucking cheap compared to .223/5.56
>Very powerful round but with long range limitations
>Not optic ready but iron sights are very effective up to 400m
>Currently on the expensive side but can still find some decent American builds for under 500
>a little on the heavier side which makes recoil very easy to tame
>God forbid the bogaloo happens you will literally find ammo for it ANYWHERE in the world
>Wood and steel makes it more sturdy compared to basic AR counterparts .

they're both great rifles , if you can get both if not..rent both and spend an afternoon shooting both to see how you feel, not all rifles are for everyone and not everyone's eyes, arms , hands and shoulders are the same, dont listen to any of these nogunz summerfags, rent both and buy whichever one is more comfortable but if you can, buy both.

It will depend on where you stay and how much money you have. In the USA there are lots of good ARs for a very reasonable price. On the other hand, AKs tend to vary a lot in term of quality and prices for a good AK is rather high (compared to the AR).

In Europe the situation is the opposite. Imported ARs cost 60 to 100% more than in the USA. On the other hand, good Russian, Bulgarian and Chinese AKs are available for competitive prices.

My first rifle was a Smith and Wesson M&P Sport. Accurate and dependable. Ammo is fairly inexpensive and readily available

No dude you have to start with bolt actions because cheaper.

>common 5.56 ammunition types are arguably better than 7.62x39 in all ways except penetration through non-armor materials.
>american AKs are junk. Dangerous junk to be the one pulling the trigger on.
>despite being heavier they recoil harder than ARs in 5.56
>theyre not as reliable as you think they are

Neither. Your first gun should be a rifle in 22lr and a few bricks of ammo. Shoot it until you've developed good form and fundamentals and decent accuracy, then switch to a larp rifle of your choice. You'll thank me later kid.

Attached: 1565269366632.png (1920x1080, 40K)

Ultimate fudd posting.

Retarded and untrue. Go back to /arg/ you fuckin shill

I dont disagree with this post but you CAN get good and do okay with either. Everyone needs a 22lr though.

which part do you disagree with? We can go through this one by one.