What gun does this describe?

Long story short my wife wants a "sniper rifle". She wants to be able to protect our homestead when we have one. Now, she's grown up pretty well liberal, so she isn't very good at describing what she wants, and most of her knowledge of guns comes from Destiny.

She wants
>longer effective range than regular rifle
>not super long though like "those videos you see from Afghanistan"
>semi-auto
>relatively lightweight
>probably within 1-2 MOA

She's expressed interest in an RPK, and I was thinking of a PSL or building an ar-10 (or ar15) with a bipod. Does anyone have any idea what might fit these needs (while staying around or under $1000)

Attached: 1562566025721.jpg (854x435, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

weaponsmart.com/skeletonized-ar-15-lower-receiver
cheaperthandirt.com/bushmaster-varmint-ar-15-semi-auto-rifle-.223-remington-24-match-grade-fluted-barrel-5-rounds-two-stage-trigger-fixed-stock-matte-black-finish/FC-604206056641.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She wants my peepee in her mouth to protect her while you're gone

Just build a PSA-10 for her. Keep it light.

>most of her knowledge of guns comes from Destiny
Ya she doesn't need a "sniper rifle". Buy her a PSA ar and tell her to fuck off to the range.
Also sage

Ruger Precision Rimfire, If you want your wife to LARP for you as a sniper. She won't be able to shoot anything else.

if she has no real firearm experience then she doesn't actually know what she wants, she just thinks she knows what she wants. what you need to do is take her shooting and have her try a bunch of different stuff out so she can make up her mind for real.

springfield m1a scout squad

>here ur snyper riafl, bebe

Attached: B2DF451A-BC99-4A4A-83F1-B5FB6CFD10F2.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

wow, I actually want this

To clarify, she does have shooting experience (now). I got her a 10/22, and she likes shooting my WASR. I'm going to have her rent some guns soon, but I was more curious what direction I should look towards

Attached: 1562565616187.jpg (960x720, 139K)

Literally any battle rifle will scratch her autism itch and sch will never use it enough or at long enough ranges to know its not really that accurate.

That said, get her a .22lr rifle for practice. If she actually uses it you can buy her the battle rifle. If not, you saved $800

The tactical version of the 700. in .308

unironically would want one for plinking

Buy an AR and do a hunting build. This is your best option I believe.

This. Before I got into guns, all I knew about them was from games, I thought I had it all figured out. I was dead wrong.

Get her a 22-24” stainless steel 1x10 twist bull barrel 204ruger AR with a 3-15x SWFA SS, MBA stock and Stark grip
She can larp as a sniper with a recoil-free gun and stack little cloverleaf groups at the range

Whats your price range? The easy answer is a jp AR10, atlas, and an upper shelf ranging reticle optic but thats a little high for something you dont seem super interested in.
Remember, a precision rifle isnt very useful unless you know have the tools and voodoo to know how to apply it.

>crickettinny rail

Attached: vqwebgb.jpg (600x400, 52K)

What you want is a RPR in either 308 WIN or 6.5 CM.

Attached: models-top.jpg (1400x425, 109K)

Attached: B2E564FC-1D0F-46B2-A38D-605EA6236CF0.gif (220x176, 59K)

user, you're buying your wife a sniper

What kind of accuracy could I get out of a c308? Assuming I play warranty tango and get any bugs out.

Get her a 10/22 and learn good fundamentals, then go from there

Let her try an AR15 with a scope, a free-floated fore-end, and a bipod.

What kind of misconceptions did you have?
I fortunately grew up around guns and didn't end up with too many other than the odd fuddlore here and there.

Different guy, but as a kid I didn't know there were different sorts of 7.62mm cartridges, so I always wondered why people said the M14 (7.62x51mm) was difficult to control in full-auto while nobody ever complained about AKs (7.62x39mm)

Leaving towards this as best answer.

>lightweight
>rpk

Attached: jaded.jpg (620x801, 111K)

SNIPER in liberal means DMR. Build a .308 semi DMR.
AR-10 is the fucking goose for this.

Unless you want to get into some memelord boltgat shit.

Fuckin bingo

ar with 3-9

This is good and all but you’re replying to an obvious troll thread

Doesn't matter much for my purposes bc I've already gotten some very helpful answers, but this thread is 100% serious. I personally have only brief firearms experience and my wife really is interested in sniper larping / property defense.

In reality I have no intentions of letting her purposefully getting in harms way unless it's some full blown home invasion scenario, but I'm not going to say no to her buying and training with a new rifle.

Gondola for your troubles

Attached: 647.gif (544x632, 247K)

>Buy AR
>"Sporterize" it
>slap a cheap scope on it
>give her 10 round mags
>tell her it's a Glock T-72
>later reveal that it is an AR when she starts to like ut
>???
>profit

Eh, it sounds believable enough. If it gets her properly invested in firearms it's a good entry point.

Attached: download.jpg (293x172, 7K)

>get a WA2000 clone for your wife
>costs only as much as your house, car, insurance, and beer payments over two months.

well staying under $1000 for a rifle is a meme anyway.
just build her an AR you fucking retard.

You could build a pretty nice AR15 for $1000 though.

I'm not OP

I also looked up WA2K prices. They cost 40K for a real one. The clones are almost 20K and they suck. And it seems like people just put a bubba'd WA stock on a mystery gun and sell them at gun shows for 15-20K.

I'm this guy nigga

it seems i was the retard all along.
[spoiler] but really building an AR is the only way to go anyway, fucking "lightweight RPKek" [/spoiler]

Hence me saying buy a cheap AR, turn it into an abomination, then give it to her and tell her it isn't an AR.

Or get a Mini-14. Or a bastardized RPK. Or an SKS. Or...OR buy the woman a moist nugget and a bunch of Commie milsurp for the roleplaying bonus.

>Long story short my wife wants a "sniper rifle".
You should just smack her in the face.

I’m sorry, but can we talk about that tank in op pic? Is that a prototype the russians are fielding?

>longer effective range than reguler rifle
6.5/308 ar platform with a nice barrel
>not super long
>semi-auto
ar platform
>relatively lightweight
ar platform
>probably within 1-2 MOA
ar platform with nice scope
>under 1000 1-2 MOA for all this and above
you might need to buy a used scope. and used lowers and uppers. because you wont have enough for ammo if you buy everything new.
dont cheap out on scope mount and scope

>Mini-14

Attached: 1531021513867s.jpg (86x125, 2K)

She's not afraid of ARs. She /was/ liberal, but in the past year she's fallen into guns fairly well. She just has little to no prior knowledge. We have an SKS that she likes, I have considered getting a norinco (or another of ben's $300 chinks) and giving it the old bubba with a scope and maybe even tapco.

I'm thinking 5.56 may be good enough for her purposes, but I'm going to take her to the range and try a couple more calibers first. She might be a bit of a recoil queen and want to do .308.

What she /wants/ is a SCAR, but that's entirely because of video games. I got her an airsoft one to hopefully scratch that itch enough.

An AR would be a lot easier for her to use. That's the main reason.

I will second this, they are capable of fine accuracy and the weight makes the recoil easy to deal with...

I understand, I just wanted to clarify because I'm seeing a few anons saying to disguise an AR, and I just wanted to clear the air and say that disguises aren't necessary.

Building one together might be a fun couples activity, I'm pretty settled that that's the correct route to go. Worst case scenario I've got another ar-15.

If you have the money, and she wants the Destiny look...Skeletonize it.

lmao.

it would be like my target AR15 build.

>Luth stock
>PSG-1 style grip
>3-18 power scope, a relatively cheap $300 one.
>muzzle break that makes 5.56 sound like a fucking cannon.

Attached: IdcWcdn.jpg (2016x1120, 524K)

Just get a rem 700 that isn't made by Remington

How does one actually go about doing that? Something I can do in the workshop/purchase or do I need to work with a smith.

Describes my "gun" aka muh dick

They sell kits for it. You'll probably need a gunsmith. Or buy one that is already done. They DO look cool. It's like building any AR, just different parts. I think you can even just get a skeletonized lower, which is pretty easy to assemble yourself. But it might look funny.

just buy her a sporterized enfield, or some other surplus rifle

just buy the parts like this

weaponsmart.com/skeletonized-ar-15-lower-receiver

DESU though, I am no fan of skeletonized guns. that is more for competition and stuff, if you are taking that rifle out in the field, there is a chance of dirt and bullshit getting into the working bits making the not work so good.

If your wife needs to down a hog that is a chargin and the hammer won't drop because some dirt and bullshit got in there, it's a bad day.

Attached: weaponsmart-5368.jpg (3760x2507, 757K)

Build an AR15 in 6.5 grendel and throw a decent 3x9 scope on it and a decent 2 stage trigger.

Fair point. She may just need to settle for painting it.

She wants an AR-15 with an 18" barrel and scope. The rifle is easy enough to keep under $1000 but the optic is going to increase that quite a bit. The cheapest worthwhile DMR scope is probably the PA 3-18x for another $500. That's about the bottom of the barrel as far as usable shit goes. Most decent shit is gonna run you over a grand.

the scope I have is halfway decent, got it for $300.

i'v seen some older cheap scopes that are great quality.

glass is really expensive overall though. i'v been kinda thinking of getting a better scope for my target ar.

me too.

>Destiny
Sounds like she's describing what the game calls a "Scout rifle".
A DMR sounds like the right choice.
If you can look past the manufacturer, Kel-tec RFB is basically a real life Destiny "Scout".

They're nice rifles. What's the relevance of your image?

I think he liked it. Duh.

i like the mini-14
i also hate niggers and women

I'm who ypu replied to. I was confused at first. But then I realized this was Jow Forums.

She'll take a while getting good at shooting an AR15 at its maximum range (about 800m), so you can mull over a longer range gun after that, maybe a Ruger Precision Rifle.

Attached: Ruger Precision Rifle.png (601x599, 934K)

And not that hating those two things is necessarily wrong.

>Liberal Raiders, primo screencap guys. Here you go!

And shit OP...

Just get her a shorty Barret 50. Seems like you can.

That’s like listening to a child then going to a car forum and asking to be spoon fed something that conforms to your equally silly conceptualization if what any of this is.

Everyone ITT before you gave great advice. Fuck off.

Not gonna lie she really wants one for shits and giggles. It's a "maybe after we get our house" gun.

If you can find a long shooting range in your area, and if you two really get into long range target shooting, .50BMG can be a lot of fun.
Mind that the Barrett L82 isn't much of a precision rifle, it's an anti-materiel rifle, more suited for long range "fuck that shit up" duty, like shooting radar dishes, mines or unexploded ordnance from a safe distance, damaging vehicles, etc.
It's been used for shooting people, but it sorta lacks the inherent precision to be truly great as a sniper's rifle. It's a really cool gun, however, it's the kind of gun you could destroy ED-209 with.

There's a market out there with some bolt-action .50BMG rifles with some pretty good precision, some are single-shot and less costly (but honestly, if you're getting a small artillery piece like this, why not go all the way?).
Pic related is one of the really fine ones, the Steyr HS50-M1, it's a bolt-action rifle with a magazine well on the side, it's expensive, but this thing has set some world records. With some fine match loads, and some practice, you can make some small groups at as far as a kilometer away and beyond.

Attached: steyr-hs-50-m1-mountain-50-cal-bmg-rifle-16.jpg (1000x540, 852K)

Ar10 on bipod with scope

She will not be good at quickly chambering new rounds after each shot. And he said she wants semi auto anyway

If she is using the term "sniper rifle," buy her any rifle, and slap a scope on top.

Cheap ammo, no recoil, accurate, A E S T E T I C.
cheaperthandirt.com/bushmaster-varmint-ar-15-semi-auto-rifle-.223-remington-24-match-grade-fluted-barrel-5-rounds-two-stage-trigger-fixed-stock-matte-black-finish/FC-604206056641.html

Scout rifle in .243, or .25-06 if she's a dummy thicc snacc

Just get her a AR with a bipod and a scope in .223

Someone who can barely describe what they want out of a firearm doesn’t deserve one.

6.5 Grendel is your friend here.

>barrier of entry should be so high that new blood can never own a firearm
Hows that going for you, brittain?

>Someone who can barely describe what they want out of a firearm doesn’t deserve one.
Shut the fuck up, faggot.

Not bad M8, knife crime is a bit of a nause, but the kids aren’t swimming in blood at school, i went to the pub the other night and no-one got shot whilst i went to the loo and my mum got the weekly big shop at morrisons done and didn’t get brassed up.

AR15 with a 20" barrel a bipod and a scope

Effective to 500 yards, low recoil means much faster follow-up shots with a scope

Savage Arms 10 FCP-SR

Pros
>1/2 moa
>threaded barrel for suppressor
>.308 for big penis distance
>$650

Cons
>bolt action

Literally what most police departments use for "sniper rifles" these days. If she absolutely has to have a semi-auto then you're going to end up with an AR or an extremely expensive meme (or maybe a Howa)

I forgot to mention, if she gets into long distance shooting for fun/sport, this is one of the most common beginner rifles you'll see in the 1000 Yard F class.

18-20" AR15 with 77gr SMK/TMK and decent glass.
That will reach out further than most people can shoot.

Attached: black-hills-77gr-tmk-range-report-g1-g7-ballistic-calc-comparison.jpg (1313x752, 300K)

M14 or some modernization of it. Not too scary looking or salt rifle looking, think maximum fudd semi-auto. Not too small of a bullet tho and not a calibre that's going to hurt her to shoot or make her scared of going deaf after 3 shots (no magnum rounds etc.). Use this as an excuse to get a .22 semi-auto as well for her to train on.

She is interested in it as a sport, but she's dyslexic and the math aspect of super long range scares her. I'll def keep this rifle in mind though for that. I am decided on doing an ar15 with scope and bipod for the time being though.

I've seen this a few times but I'm not familiar with the round. Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

AR50 seems like the best 'budget' 50bmg. Rolls in a little over 3k with a match barrel and tiborasarusrex likes it.

.308 is the traditional "long distance" round. Most ARs are .223 which is standard military round (CONARC stats demanding penetrating helmets at 500 yards).

6.5 is basically the "inbetweeny" of the two.

6.5 grendel is a relatively high BC (.520 range) bullet going not super fast 2400-2500fps. Usually 120-130gr. I'll double check the tables but I believe around 400-500 yards it starts to overtake most 308 rounds for energy.

If your looking for a light recoiling long range caliber I'd direct you to a slightly smaller caliber. 6mm, either 6mm creed or a fast twist 243win.
6mm creed can stay supersonic out to >1400 yards. Depending on your loading you can push it further. Its ar10 size, but even a cheap ruger american predator (350-400) is a sub moa gun with 6creed. Reloaders are pushing 115gr DTACs (.620 g1) to 3000fps which stays supersonic to 1600 yards.