A bunch of shit is happening in my complex these past weeks and I've decided to get a gun...

A bunch of shit is happening in my complex these past weeks and I've decided to get a gun, I was thinking of getting a glock, what kind should I get? I'll learn to use it properly but wont be shooting for fun

Attached: g19x[1].png (900x675, 356K)

I finally bought my first firearm after having no experience very recently. I heard very good things about Glock and decided to go with a Glock 48 due to its slim profile.

My advice is find a shop with a range attached, go in there and tell them everything you are looking for and experience/knowledge, and let them help you. Take a class, train a bunch. There is no shame in not knowing anything and if you go in there Crystal clear about that and don't act like a faggot then they should be able to help you out. You should be able to try out several different guns to get a feel for what you like, everyone has a preference

What said

Just don’t get memed into getting a Taurus, XD, or some other poor quality meme gun.

Glock, M&P, CZ, RIA, Sig all have good pistols that could work as a ‘only handgun I own’ gun

>don’t get memed into getting a Taurus, XD, or some other poor quality meme gun.
>recommends RIA, CZ, and SIG

17 or 19

Taurus G2C is unironically reliable and accurate. Not a bad first / only gun for a poorfag.

just buy a fucking glock 19 or a g48 like everyone, it will do the job

>wont be shooting for fun
But why?

Attached: 1509585867887.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

I'd trust an XD over NuSig any day of the week.

G23C

>Glock, M&P, CZ, hk, ppq, beretta, old sig
these alright but Im calling you a (filter) basedboy if you get a cz

start with a 19 and go from there. It may be a compact but its the gold standard for cc guns.
>want something bigger?
>glock 17, 20, 21, 34
>want something smaller?
>glock 26, 30, 43
>like the 19 but want to tweak it a bit
>glock 45, 19X

you can also customize any factory model to fit your needs. The nice thing about glcoks is theyre all basically the same thing, once you get a feel for the 19, if you wanted to pick up a 19 or a 43 or a 20 you more or less have the handling of the gun down already

Attached: Glock-G19-Gen4-MOS-2.jpg (1024x1024, 204K)

Glock 17 or 19 GEN 3

Get GEN 3 because it has the most aftermarket parts and gen 4 and 5 are gay

G17L

Attached: G17l.jpg (700x408, 143K)

Thanks, I'll let you know what I got tomorrow

Fuck off, the 365 is an excellent handgun. We can't keep them on the shelves. Seething glockfags are mag because they need a way bigger gun to get the same capacity.

better be a G23C

Sexy

>what kind should I get?

G26. does basically everything 17,19, and 34 do and has mag commonality. but can be CCed if need be.

Attached: g26.png (872x632, 457K)

Glock 17, 19, 19x, 45

pick one

>I'll learn to use it properly but wont be shooting for fun
>wont be shooting

Then you won't learn how to use it properly. It takes a solid amount of time to master your handgun. All you will learn, AT BEST, is the basic rules of safety and how to not shoot yourself in the foot.

Nobody gives a shit what a dumbass gunstore merchant is peddling.

THIS. The G19 is the reference for any person wanting to get a gun for the sole purpose of SD.

Why the hell would he feel concerned by the aftermarket ?? A basic bitch factory glock is all he needs.

Not shooting for fun is different from not shooting at all.
If his only goal is to learn how to draw and how to do magdumps at 7 yards that's feasable in a few hundred rounds. Heck, that's probably at least the double of training of most cops around the world.

what kind of shit?
My condo is getting noticeably worse and Im a budget. I've had a 642 air weight as my only gun but I managed to talk a buddy into selling me a compact beretta 92fs for cheap. Not the most practical gun for CC but its the best I can do right now

This except go with the gen 5 g26. It doesn't have that retarded finger groove and gives you a much nicer grip on the gun than any of the previous gen's.

Ha. Faggot!

You can't really go wrong with a Glock. I'm an advocate of them being "the one handgun you should own if you own no other handguns", simply because they have a huge fucking aftermarket and there's a lot you can do to just one Glock. If you eventually decide to buy another handgun, you can do some cool meme stuff to a Glock.

>Get GEN 3 because it has the most aftermarket parts and gen 4 and 5 are gay
Most of the parts are interchangeable. I have a GEN 3 smooth-faced trigger/trigger bar in my GEN 4, for example.

advice from a pimp daddy.

Grow a pair and the model 20.
You can buy drop in barrels, no fitting chores and use your existing mags and shoot:
.357 Auto and .40 S&W.
Now you have one pistol that will shoot 3 calibers. For cheap money.
Ammo shortage? No Problema.

This but unironically

Glocks are shit get an FN or HK. They're not designed to be a "nice gun," they're designed to be as basic as possible yet they're some of the most expensive polymer framed handguns.

Get an AR, nobody is coming for your glawk brand glawk, not yet...

spotted the poorfag who's sole handgun is a $230 piece of shit Shield

if you can, go to a range that has range rentals, buy a couple boxes of ammo, and try them out for yourself. What's right is what works for you.

Dont just decide, shoot it first and KNOW its a good feel for you. Some guns may feel underpowered, some guns might feel a bit snappy. Some might just feel wrong in the hand.