Why don't more people open carry ar pistols?

I would if I lived in an open carry state. Why would you not if you were going somewhere where you would open carry anyway? Also, there's organized carry days as well. People say it's not a smart idea with the way police are, but isn't that the point of an organized open carry day? To show people that guns are fine in the hands of good people?

Attached: images(87).jpg (300x168, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2019/08/08/police-man-rifle-bulletproof-vest-arrested-walmart-store/1961019001/
youtube.com/watch?v=oiPQbEny_Bc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its a double edged sword, if youre talking about public perception.
Normalizing open carry is one side. Unfortunately, unless you live in a rural area i think most places are tipped the other way. They see open carry as a threat.

its big, heavy, and covered in spiky bits that tear your clothes. its not very good for open carry

I barely like open carrying a full-size handgun most of the time. When was the last time you have an SBR hanging off of you for 8 hours.

This. Unless I thought I was actively being hunted Im not dealing with that pain in the ass for an event thats extremely unlikely to ever happen.
It would make a good rural living gun to carry around and pop at varmints with

mostly the ignorance of average people and the over zealous nature of law enforcement. it is literally the solution to "mass shootings" though, it is also likely to cause some.... theres alot of low iq violent people out their user

because it's the best truck gun you can have. Use it in that role.

Because most people carry normal handguns for convenience.
Further, retards will look at it and think "assault rifle", so I think it's better if you open carry with a handgun, it looks more approachable to more people, and it's frankly just a lot more practical for you to go about with.
Nevermind that carrying it in a sling may look more aggressive to some casual observers (I've heard stories of people 'carrying' in a low-ready, which you should not do because that's fucking brandishing).

Just go about your day with a 1911 or Beretta in a holster, and let it sit there, like it's just part of the clothes that you wear, I think that will warm people up more to seeing guns in their lives.

Yep. There's a reason that compact handguns with rounded edges and points are popular for carry these days, it's more convenient for concealed carry, and people prefer carrying handguns because it's more convenient than carrying long guns.

It's impossible to open carry anything in town without looking like a tool, even worse if it's a long gun. You're no better than someone in a pride parade walking around waving a big black dildo shouting look at me.

>Why do people open carry at all?
A. they are attention whore fags. Ok we get it your a fag.

Velocity.

because you would have the police called on you constantly and eventually a rookie cop will start shooting at you in the first half second of the encounter. The 911 caller would be innocent because they were a confused normie, the cop would get off the hook because he was responding to a call about an active shooter and you had an AR, and you would be dead for doing something completely legal and minding your own business.

you morons OCing rifles are the ones scaring the public into banning them. I just want to make sure you're aware. I get it, it's legal. I get it, you aren't hurting anyone. Just be aware - you are freaking the normies out.

Also, If I'm in a walmart and see you walk in with a rifle, I will swiss cheese you with my concealed carry piece.

news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2019/08/08/police-man-rifle-bulletproof-vest-arrested-walmart-store/1961019001/

Nah you just get held at gunpoint by a fireman until the police come arrest you. This guy might have just won the lottery unless it gets proven that he was just trying to stir shit.

how did he win the lottery? Is he going to sue an off duty fire fighter (someone who makes 40k a year at best)? lol

No he'll be suing the city police and anyone else his lawyer can think of. He broke no actual laws but got arrested. They probably stuck him with disturbing the peace or some shit. Some guys near me pulled a similar stunt a few years back and got a hella settlement out of it.

If you're open carrying wtf would you compromise your rifle like that?

the manager pulled the fire alarm and caused everyone to panic

This was posted in a thread on Jow Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=oiPQbEny_Bc

All the drama now makes me want to buy a kit

>why dont more people act like total idiots and try to get swarms of police called on them by panicked soccer moms and then possibly get shot by jumpy rookies who got the message from dispatch about "man armed with assault weapon threatened caller at in store and pointed it at the callers children" after the pink-haired liberal telephone game?

hmm i wonder OP, i really do

lmao, and thats in a gun friendly red state. can you imagine doing this shit in a cuck state? i swear OC faggots are retarded

>THE BRACE CLASSIFIES IT AS A PISTOL

i mean if you are going to be an autistic sperg at least be decently informed and be able to explain the laws instead of sounding like a redneck with incorrect terminology

>walking into a walmart with an AR and a plate carrier mere days after some sperg shot up a Wal-Mart
No, this triple-distilled retard is lucky he didnt win the Darwin award of the decade.

>Cop: "So what do you do for a living?"
>Autist: "I deliver pizzas!"

of course he does. probably has an IQ the same as his age, he looks to be around 60. if you are that old and still working a highschool job you obviously failed life as an american

>Rights don't apply anymore because some retard shot up a Walmart

Now where have I heard that before?

50/50 that this guy was an actual retard or knew exactly what he was doing. It says he was filming on his phone, either as evidence that he was non threatening or to post online later showing how edgy he is.

>Nah you just get held at gunpoint
Sure, that happens if you're lucky. What if you're not so lucky, like John Crawford?

If faggots can have public sex in gay parades, I can open carry a gun.

Open carry is still carry, and smol guns are still easier to carry comfortably than a full-size 16" AR.
If you haven't tried carrying a 7"-10" AR pistol on a 2-point sling, you really ought to give it a try (around the farm or innawoods, not in town), you'd be amazed how much handier it is than a rifle. You can tuck it vertically under your left armpit and still kneel or squat without dropping the muzzle in the dirt, or if you snug it up across your chest it runs from left hip to right shoulder with no protrusion to either side.