To those of you that carry pocket guns or sub compacts

to those of you that carry pocket guns or sub compacts
do you ever feel under armed and, in the event of a mass shooter, what is your plan?

Attached: smith and wesson model 36.jpg (1024x678, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ammoland.com/2018/04/cdc-failed-to-report-strong-evidence-of-defensive-gun-uses/
crimeresearch.org/2016/09/uber-driver-in-chicago-stops-mass-public-shooting/
washingtonexaminer.com/news/el-paso-shooting-victim-wishes-his-mom-brought-her-gun-to-walmart
static1.squarespace.com/static/5b181d92b10598d5e310188f/t/5cc09f0d6e9a7f4fe48b0a34/1556127501537/OrderForm2019rev2.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=UZsber37rKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I did thats why I swapped to a full size. dgaf if I print anymore.

wearing shorts
its hard to carry anything more than an lcp
A few spare mags g2g

no

Attached: 340.jpg (2304x1728, 355K)

Kms to lower his kill tally and the usefulness of the incident as gun control propaganda

>in the event of a mass shooter, what is your plan?
Same plan as if im carrying a full size. Get the fuck out of there.

usually carry and air weight or .380 in a pocket holster cause its hot AF where I live in the summer. Yes, I do feel outgunned sometimes and that it wont be enough, so I upgrade to a compact or even full sized pistol, and then after a few weeks it becomes an inconvenience and I go back to a pocket gun. Any gun is better than no gun, and Ive been practicing with them more often to be more proficient.
My plan in the event of a shooter is the same. GTFO if I hear shots, shoot my way through any threats, or hide and ambush the fucker with shots to the face and chest

>Get the fuck out of there.

Exactly, I do a 360 and get the hell out.

I imagine it really just comes down to personal preference. Things like the size of your body, the weather, how likely some chick is going to sperg out if she sees you carrying, etc all come into play.

I really don't see myself carrying a big full-size auto around, ever. I'll just have to hope my .38SPL +P HSTs are enough.

It's not like you'll be able to go head-head with some crazy-pants dude wearing armor anyway. Evade and Escape until you have no choice IMO.

Attached: 1565079160204.png (605x454, 139K)

If you do a 720 you get out twice as fast.
Thank me later

>Good guy with a gun meme #679,432
Fuck off with this bullshit already jew

Carry a Ruger LCP. Yes I feel under prepared. But I remember what my instructor said. The best gun to carry is the one you will actually carry.

I carry the LCP everywhere. I hate my glock for cc. It's too bulky.

>he doesnt 540 and moonwalk to the shooter who thinks hes running away, then dome the shooter with his open concealed carry colt and koch glock 47

This
Underprepared >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>unprepared

>meme
try dayton

Why would you do that? imagine if you actually shot the guy and stopped the mass shooting. Anti-Gun crap would stop immediately.

>supporting CCW is jewish
Yeah ok.

Same as any other instance honestly, but at least you know where your man is. Just get into an ambush and shoot him. If you can a corner can be pretty good (obviously not hugging it) and if you're close enough just dump into his torso/head. Most active shooters aren't expecting active resistance from their targets.

it's happened a bunch of times they just don't talk about it because the media wants guns gone not shootings stopped

This
ammoland.com/2018/04/cdc-failed-to-report-strong-evidence-of-defensive-gun-uses/

I fucking hate wheel gats. God damn fidget spinners of guns. WEHEEEOOOOP SPIN THE BARREEL DIRTY HARRY!!!
Get a Semi and an extra mag you geriatric fuck

Attached: muyxn5n5svc31.jpg (604x755, 59K)

That's already happened plenty of times. It never gets reported, and when it does they usually get harped on for vigilante justice. Not to mention the fact that mass shootings aren't mass shootings when the assailant gets stopped immediately.

Attached: 1564885949007.jpg (500x324, 35K)

nah

Attached: 686.jpg (3715x2089, 1.02M)

No, they want the shootings to stop. But the "good guy with a gun" solution is horrifically unreliable. That one of the latest massacres happened at a Texas Wal-Mart without it kicking in should tell you as much, and then on occasion someone who thinks he's the good guy with a gun ends up shooting what turns out wasn't the bad guy with a gun. Awkward all around when that happens.

Shoot the closest nigger so you can finally feel the rush of killing someone. Blame it on mass shooter. Profit.

Pocket gun is a backup for me these days but I have left the house many times with nothing but a 5 shot j frame. I've never felt unarmed. Unless you have an elevated threat profile for some reason 5 shot revolver is sufficient for the vast majority of statistically likely scenarios.

Run if I can run. If not try to make my shots count.

ok shill

Yikes. Its literally a routine occurrence, the media and politicians just ignore it.
crimeresearch.org/2016/09/uber-driver-in-chicago-stops-mass-public-shooting/

>not capping the faggot between the eyes with your snub, grabbing your crotch, then moonwalking out of there
It's like none of you want to be a smooth criminal.

>That one of the latest massacres happened at a Texas Wal-Mart without it kicking in should tell you as much
You mean one which was targeted specifically because the shooter knew it would be full if illegal immigrants who couldn't legally be armed?

this is where I get all fucked up. I know that statistically I would be ok, but we're talking about the worst possible situation that could occur, occurring right in front of you. If you conceal carry, that means youre trying to prepare for any worst case scenario where your life is threatened and if you arent preparing for something like this, that whats the point? Its the same as people cherry picking stories to suit their needs
>oh well I read this story of how a woman stopped a threat with just a .22 and if it worked that time when statistically it shouldnt have, then we shouldn't even focus on the times when statistically it hasnt
or like those people that carry "every now and then" but sometimes cant be bothered to and leave their gun at home. In fact at the el paso shooting a survivor say his mom didnt feel like carrying her gun to walmart and he wished she had.
washingtonexaminer.com/news/el-paso-shooting-victim-wishes-his-mom-brought-her-gun-to-walmart

But then I wonder if lugging around something duty sized is impractical as well. I usually carry a sig p226, Its not the most comfortable all the time and part of me feels ridiculous for lugging it around, and paranoid somebody will see it printing, but I really hate this push towards tinier guns in the firearms industry in the past decade. Idk, Id just rather have extra firepower that when if anything happens I stand a better chance

Attached: 1505177591768.jpg (236x253, 11K)

No, I'm sufficiently armed for what I'm most likely to encounter. In the rare event of something like a mass shooter, my only plan is to get out of there.

>tfw I carry two model 36 smith and wessons
>going to get Ivory grips for them
>hoping that if I ever stop a shooter Ill become a Jow Forums meme and a media celebrity for 15 minutes
>"user the autistic cowboy"

you guys ever customize your guns in the event something like this happens? Nothing too crazy cause its going into evidence or could bite you in the ass in court, but something just special snowflake enough where you added some flair to the story

Attached: 5LLlqpO.png (610x475, 304K)

No, I’m comfortable with 5 shots of very spicy 38 special for everything but a mass shooting. And since they’re rare, and there aren't any handguns I can think of where I would actually be comfortable squaring off a guy who has an AR-15, it’s a moot point.

experience true enlightenment with subcompacts. My go to has been the glock 26 with a backup glock 19 magazine for years. Ive tried little pocket .380s and the new sig p365 but theyre just too tiny for me. I like the thiccc grip on the 26

They're still gonna add you to gun violence stats. If you wanna be a hero use cyanide.

I have a Star of David back plate on my Glock

thinking about getting wood grips for my beretta 92fs, but I only carry that in the winter

Attached: 1498239684052.png (247x253, 136K)

Ok the cc an ar pistol under your trenchcoat autist

Attached: 1565235394588m.jpg (1024x577, 102K)

>do you ever feel under armed
No. Vast majority of SD shootings take less than 5 rounds. The rest can be handled by staying out of shitty areas and away from shitty people.
Shoot him. The Christchurch cuck was driven off with two rounds for fucks sake. Mass shooters bitch out when they meet resistance, same as looters.

Wheelguns are cooler than your fancy bullet mousetrap

Yes, I carry a 360 with clip grip for maximum stealth. Very under armed, but it can't be helped, no one must know that I carry. In event of a mass shooter my plan is to keep gun hidden until I'm either in immediate danger and attacker is aiming my general direction or can land a cheap shot.

I've got a backup gun loaded with AP, but thanks anyway.

Attached: oldwhiteping!.gif (500x188, 775K)

Carry what you're comfortable with, it's important that you feel confident in the weapon you're trusting your life to.

Five shot .38 Special snubs have consistently proven themselves to be enough to save people's bacon when it comes to having to shoot an attacker (they're leagues ahead of the little .32 blackpowder revolvers people used to carry in the old days), but the extant chance exists of nightmare scenarios, and if you feel better with a full-sized service pistol with a roomy magazine and a couple of spare reloads, go for it, it'll certainly not fail you.
I mean, a few people even carry .44 Magnum revolvers, and if you can properly handle that kind of gun, and you feel good about carrying it, that'll work.

>but I really hate this push towards tinier guns in the firearms industry in the past decade
That's not new. People gladly carried .32ACP and even .25ACP pocket autos in the past, hell, the previously mentioned little pocket revolvers in .32S&W were blackpowder, and had LUDICROUSLY meek terminal ballistics, but they were insanely popular and North America is absolutely lousy with these little 'Lemon Squeezers' and their clones.

If anything, recent years has moved more towards people wanting a small gun but in stronger calibers, .32ACP isn't very popular today, .380ACP regained lost popularity because they figured out how to make them real small, and these days we have all manners of options for compact and even sub-compact pistols in calibers like 9mm Luger, .40S&W, and .45ACP, when just 30 years ago this was near unheard of, you would need to find a good gunsmith to do a serious custom job to scale down a full-sized pistol and figure out how to make it work.

Small handguns have been popular for centuries, it's just that they've become a LOT better in recent decades.
Look at this M&P Shield, and tell me that this doesn't just beat the pants off an old Colt 1903, six plus one shots of .45ACP

Attached: sw-Mp-45-shield.jpg (480x335, 29K)

I'm so fucking jealous of the guy who owns this gun, I want these stupid fucking grips on a 1911.

Attached: PPC 1911, Mother Of Pearl Inlay Godzilla Grips.jpg (1024x683, 97K)

Do I feel under armed? No. I'm not going into a warzone. I dont need anything extravagant, just something small that im fairly well trained with

Whats my plan in the event of a mass shooter? Depends where I am. If I'm right by the shooter, take it out, aim, and shoot without rushing (if im calm enough to keep my head). If its far from me? Get the fuck out of dodge as fast as fucking possible. Im not Wyatt Earp. All my gun does is give me a fighting chance

That's why you have a good carry rotation. Baby .380 for bare minimum carry, j frame for something with a little more oomph, SS 9mm for a belt gun, etc

My main concern with a J-frame is accuracy at speed.

I'm a reasonable shot with it, and I've walked it out to 100 yards on steel and have confidence with it in terms of slowfire accuracy. But if I need to put a round on a small target NOW I'm not sure of my ability to do it fast enough under stress with a trigger that long and heavy. Which means running AT someone to be surer of a hit.

Main concern right there.

Maybe look at getting the barrel ported?

G19 sized shits are so easy to CCW for a man sized man that I don't see how anyone HAS to have a tiny gun to CCW unless they are female or manlet tier.

pic related is edc. I'm living my best life.

Attached: 100_2689.jpg (2048x1536, 922K)

I was accosted by my gf's disgruntled ex in my front yard. He was on the verge of losing control of himself and carrying a club. At that moment, the P3AT in my pocket felt pretty goddamn inadequate. My exact thought was "I hope this thing doesn't jam". If I had a J-frame I would have been more comfortable due to reliability alone.

As for a mass shooter, I would nope the fuck out with anything less than a G19.

I typically carry my lcr but one evening I went to skateboard with my buddy who lives in the worse ghetto we have in Cbus. Not Oakland tier but pretty bad. I decided to off body carry so I took the g17 instead. After our escapades we went back to his house and I slapped my paddle holster on my belt.
We're on a tiny, europe sized street and I see a nig at my 2oclock about 35 yds away. He awkwardly pulls out an umbrella, or so I assumed for .25 seconds. A quick doubletake revealed that he had just drawn an ~18" bbl pistol grip shotgun from his pants. I slowly stood up and put my hand on the 17. Thankfully he had tunnel vision and wasn't focused on us at all. I felt so undergunned that it wasn't funny. I assume the dumb nigger had birdshot but still... Yes the G17 was miles ahead of an lcr but I wanted no part in taking on a shotgun within shotgun range

I still carry the lcr 95% of the time but I don't go anywhere near the ghetto.

The only people who talk shit like this are the guys who only carry when they think it's prudent. Some of us like being armed all day, every day. Do you wear your g19 at work?

This is what kids actually believe

Yes I carry at work. I have carried a gun damn near every day for 23 years. In that time I've known a lot of people who complain about what they can or can't deal with and it usually comes down to they refuse to alter the way they dress to accommodate anything but the smallest firearms. Now I'm not hating on anyone who is like that and only carries something like an LCP or similar because any gun is better than no gun and we each must decide what is "enough" gun, but anyone who says they "can't" carry a 10+round 9mm is wrong. They just don't want to do what they would have to do to do it.

Hahahaha
Good one user, but common sense is dead in the current year

>Look at this M&P Shield, and tell me that this doesn't just beat the pants off an old Colt 1903, six plus one shots of .45ACP
It doesnt aside from sights and caliber. The 1903 is still going to be in 380 which is sufficient, going to have a better trigger and will be alot thinner. Its ludicrious how thin a 1903 is. Not to mention alot more aesthetic.

It depends on what your job is and how you have to dress for work.
80% of the time I am in an office and I wear slacks and a tucked button down shirt. I roughly spend the other 20% of my work time driving to and meeting clients. I just can’t justify trying to deep conceal a g19 in my ass when an LCP will slip into a pocket and go unnoticed by my coworkers and largely myself.
Everything about guns doesn’t need to be a dick measuring contest.

AIWB tuckable holster and pleated slacks.

most days a carry a s&w model 36 (5 shot 38spcl)

and it feels fine, im not anyone security, that gun is MY ticket home, not yours. sorry but im not a vigilante and my work doesn't pay me to be security

If I can't neutralize the threat in 5 or less shots then it is out of my league anyway.

Some 1903s are in .380ACP, but they're informally referred to as 1908s, because that's where they came out in that caliber, original ones are in .32ACP, which isn't as good, and was what I was getting at.

This isn't even me shitting on the 1903 in .380ACP, it's actually still a pretty good pistol for what it is, nicely compact, user friendly, and the cartridge is alright, it's just that you can get something that's smaller and more powerful still.

Fan the hammer nigga

Wtf was he doing with the shotgun

Is the 45 acp shield smaller than the 380 1903? Dont have a shielf myself. It might be shorter, but i really doubt its as thing as the 1903. The 1903 is ridiculously thin. I just wish it had better sights. Mine is in nickel and it makes Jframe sights look good in comparison.

You do know literally all injuries and deaths during the course of a shooting are counted into the tally when reported, right? If 1 person dies from a pocket revolver and a crowd tramples 50 people in the ensuing chaos, it becomes a "mass shooting" and it's reported as a 51-death shooting.

I don't think it's wafer thin or anything, but it's a singlestack pistol with a plastic frame, so it's pretty decently thin compared to service pistols.
Mind .380 vs .45, as well.

Nope. The point is to defend yourself and GTFO. Not have a fucking Michael Mann style firefight in the Bojangles.

He just kept marching onwards. My. I guess his friend was recently killed and he was out for revenge. 80iq problems.

pull rear security of course

Attached: sfm.jpg (750x822, 73K)

That's scary, and that's why I stay out of places like that.

but the short barrel greatly reduces its power also what if the bastard has a rifle or shotgun what advantage does that have atleast 10mm faggots have some capacity and power

Is that TiN? How much was it for the cylinder?

>real-life equivalent of pulling your ethernet cable when you get invaded in Dark Souls

BASED

Attached: 427.jpg (1024x576, 124K)

static1.squarespace.com/static/5b181d92b10598d5e310188f/t/5cc09f0d6e9a7f4fe48b0a34/1556127501537/OrderForm2019rev2.pdf

Thank you for the spoonfeed baby, preciate it

user I see you pull out that 442 in threads and it makes me one to pick one up. Did yours come with that holster grip thing?

>442
>not a 49
No class

Attached: 20180917_205709.jpg (2054x2827, 3.24M)

Yeah the performance center model with the stainless cylinder came with those fucktarded clip grips from the factory. It didn't really bother me because I have lots of j frame grips laying around.

Attached: 100_2646.jpg (2048x1536, 814K)

Attached: 100_2635.jpg (2048x1536, 805K)

>shield .45
I love mine.

You need more revulvas

Attached: 20181108_210136.jpg (2880x2160, 1.69M)

If I recall correctly, you run Buffalo 158’s in there for carry, no?

Carried a .38 for one day. Pee pee felt small. Carry IWI Jericho with 20rd mag. Pee pee feel big. Keep big pee pee.

Attached: 100_2507.jpg (2048x1536, 780K)

Forgot pic.

Attached: 20190809_152449.jpg (2761x2660, 3.63M)

>based Space Cowboy

I hope it's steel framed

youtube.com/watch?v=UZsber37rKU

Attached: 100_2524.jpg (2048x1536, 809K)

Good stuff

49anon here. Its great stuff and what I personally EDC

Attached: 20181108_212837.jpg (2880x2160, 1.56M)

Attached: 100_2528.jpg (2048x1536, 828K)

Attached: 100_2440.jpg (2048x1536, 520K)

Smart

>124gr 9mm out of a 3 inch barrel is still over 1000fps
Nah, even if I only have 7 rounds that's more than enough to stop a single person.
Plan?
Mozambique drill

I'm skeletor thinspo tier so when its hot and I'm in shorts and tshirt I generally carry a P238 IWB or nothing, its hard for me to even conceal that little guy but its better than nothing. I try to make up for it in situational awareness and shooting practice somewhat.

Want to elaborate on that?

I never liked snubbies just because they were so stupidly small I could never get my hands around them. Couple that with them being so light it makes them super snappy even with simple shit like 38spl

>a highly organized and well funded propaganda campaign with the support of the federal bureaucracy would stop immediately
Okay.

Nibba probably doesn't care if the outline of the gun is showing anymore.

I carry a G26 and never felt like I didn’t have enough to protect myself. In a mass shooting I’d do the same if I had a full-size, gtfo I’m not Action Jackson