Russia tests nuclear powered cruise missile

>Russia tests nuclear powered cruise missile
>crashes it next to Severodvinsk
>Doesn't tell locals, just tells them to take iodine tablets
thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29326/what-we-know-about-a-reported-radiation-leak-in-russia-after-a-missile-engine-exploded
cnn.com/2019/08/08/europe/russia-deadly-incident-radiation/index.html
twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/1159551101370322945

How are they this fucking incompetent?

Attached: this place.gif (1000x559, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Plesetsk_launch_pad_disaster
youtube.com/watch?v=yPYQoQ_H79o
themoscowtimes.com/2016/03/30/northern-russias-lake-ladoga-islands-emit-dangerous-radiation-levels-a52302
youtube.com/watch?v=wrn_ekMx6cw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMnph2CXt8
bbc.com/news/world-europe-21119774
jpost.com/International/Russia-says-five-killed-in-mysterious-rocket-test-accident-598219
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelsat_708
youtu.be/FBJ9ue6GKek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How are they this fucking incompetent?

were you born yesterday?

it's russia, man. asking why russians are incompetent is like asking why germans lose wars. it's just what they do.

there is no radiation leak

Attached: 1559969440258.png (900x676, 410K)

>At least two people were killed and four were seriously injured as the result of the explosion of a liquid rocket engine, TASS reported, citing the Ministry of Defense.
Why the fuck was anyone close enough to a fueled rocket to be killed by an engine explosion? I thought Russia had figured out range safety procedures by now.

TASS is lying, just like they did with Kursk. The Russian gov't is coming up with any kind of bizarre excuse they can think of.

Local law enforcement is saying 2 dead and 15 injured, so it seems like something catastrophic happened.

>Why the fuck was anyone close enough to a fueled rocket
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe

>more people killed in one event than every other space agency on the planet combined

That's precisely what I was thinking about. I would've hoped that they'd have learned from that.

gr8 success comrade
ussr #1

Whataboutism: the post.

Attached: 1558568388276.png (1098x1080, 297K)

Looks like it might be a missile test that somehow hit a nuclear-fuel carrying vessel off the coast as opposed to another test of their nuclear-powered clusterfuck. That somehow makes it even more embarrassing, though.

That has nothing to do with whataboutism though.

>lol, russia
>yeah, but what about this other russia fuckup?
>whataboutism

That's the complete opposite of whataboutism, there's nothing comparable.

you should never argue on the internet. that's for sure.

Attached: 1553790069747.jpg (306x276, 22K)

Its not arguing, its mocking someone for not knowing wtf whataboutism means

oh i thought you were the guy defending himself in reply to being called out already.
its ok im not arguing on the internet im allowed to be retarded

jesus christ i cant even reply properly.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe
How do you fuck up this badly?

Combination of the inherent danger of hypergolics with a rushed schedule meant to finish the test on the anniversary of the October Revolution.

>test on the anniversary of the October Revolution.

so once again the answer is: communism

I thought this was when the cache of artillery shells exploded

That's old news now baby, not a day goes by in Russia without something new exploding.

they dont care

Not bad, not great.

>2 dead
That's more than the average in an everyday American mass shooting. Lol

>How are they this fucking incompetent?
Poverty, brain drain, decades of suppressing any form of meritocracy through communism, cultural norms preventing underlings from questioning authority, and probably a dash of simply not caring all that much.

Hows that intersectional ESL ignorance working for you?

Good point. A single American incel is more dangerous than Russian missiles.

Could an American incel take out a carrier?

This is delusional.

Radiation spiked to two millisieverts from a normal background reading of 0.1 in a nearby town according to the ABC

About as well as a Russian missile.

Attached: 1563075389784.jpg (680x525, 32K)

Get this man out of here.

That's nothing

The town was over twenty miles away.

sick of this disinformation, there IS NO radiation, cutting phone lines as we speak

Attached: 1559990980856.png (497x576, 212K)

Thank You, now I know how whataboutism look's like.
Like that:

what is true

1) russia used an ACTUAL NUCLEAR ENGINE that was doing nuclear FISSION while flipping almost ALL the treaties in place just for a TEST
2) the usual bullshit sites are spreading missinformation like usual not knowning anything about the matter

FFS russia

Attached: 1561921989471.png (640x640, 750K)

Apparently they didn't learn much from it either.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Plesetsk_launch_pad_disaster

if it's underwater it ought to be just fine
water is fucking great at insulating radiation

Attached: 1514829820111.png (759x1021, 715K)

>thedrive
>cnn
>twitter
Amazing.

Attached: op.jpg (239x226, 38K)

How do they fuck up this badly?

Why is Russia still fooling around with this dangerous and useless wunderwaffe? Has to be a huge waste of money when their army is still using BMP death traps and can’t afford more than 10 stealth fighters

They're planning to use nuclear engines on their rockets for space exploration, so they're not going to stop, you can forget about it.

I forgive you, user. We've all been there

Korea =lost
vietnam =lost
gulf=lost
blackhawk down=lost
iraq=lost
afg=lost

no one loses wars like the USA and the US Military

>clean water with boron water is fucking great at insulating radiation
ftfy

How did the USA lose the Gulf war, Iraq war or Korea? Do you just search up wars that the United States was involved in and say they lost. Look Ivan... I don't like the US as well but you are retarded and you have to accept that Russia is the equivalent of white Africa.

Now this is whataboutism.

Attached: 6CE10C5A-10D4-44A5-B390-24CF4F69D376.jpg (1024x853, 290K)

>angry Vatnik identified

COPE

Attached: 1559431890641.gif (334x276, 3.18M)

>715 KB PNGif it's underwater it ought to be just finewater is fucking great at insulating radiation

youtube.com/watch?v=yPYQoQ_H79o
Russia's Radioactive River

themoscowtimes.com/2016/03/30/northern-russias-lake-ladoga-islands-emit-dangerous-radiation-levels-a52302

Northern Russia’s Lake Ladoga Islands Emit Dangerous Radiation Levels

youtube.com/watch?v=wrn_ekMx6cw
Along the way, the trio drinks vodka with Russian separatists and samples antler blood, before zipping on their protective suits and heading directly into one of the most radioactive spots on Earth.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMnph2CXt8

Lake Chagan ("Atomic Lake") at the Semipalatinsk Test Site

bbc.com/news/world-europe-21119774

Russia explores old nuclear waste dumps in Arctic

etc etc etc etc etc etc

>Korea =lostvietnam =lostgulf=lostblackhawk down=lostiraq=lostafg=lost

The only one that is close is Vietnam but since the south feel after they were already gone its dubious, the rest they basically won, some like the gulf undeniably and easily.

meme magic IRL

Wouldn't want to be on that rocket

>gulf=lost

I'm genuinely curious how vatniks claim this one. Not even American btw but it's one of the most crushing victories in the post-war world

>there is no radiation leak
>I'm genuinely curious how vatniks claim this one

Update: 3:30pm EST—

Online tracking data shows that a nuclear fuel carrier ship was in the general area of the incident at the time. It is possible that the explosion in some way impacted that vessel, leading to a radiation leak.

>incompetence
You're confusing incompetence with callousness.

>close enough to a fueled rocket to be killed
It's Russia. One guy with the fuel bucket. The other one holding the funnel.

So the Russians weren’t testing a russkie Project Pluto?

I genuinely don't understand Russia's aversion to any sort of safety protocols

The whole point of testing is to find these kind of bugs.

It used to be easily explained by their surplus of population, but with their looming demographic crisis, I doubt that's really true anymore.

WTF. This is weird.

First an ammunition depot explodes out of nowhere close to a Satan launcher silo , now a ship carrying nuclear fuel gets damaged from a mysterious missile? Are we having real life 007 or Tom Clancy novel?

I think at this point the average Russian just wants to die.

I'm not sure if hitting a ship in the target area is a bug. It just so happened that the ship was carrying enriched uranium.

This is like the 4th incident this year for Russia. There's also been some disparate reports of another munitions depot going up in Siberia yesterday.

Russians will blame the CIA, but really it's just incompetence and their ever decreasing economy.

Thats how much the instruments were able to react before they were shut off. Is of negligible increase tovarish!!!

Not great, not terrible.

No they aren't. A nuke engine on earth requires air and guess what you dont have in space

Only inferior American nuclear engine with unstable leaking reactor.
Russian nuclear engine will allow man to reach Mars and beyond!

Attached: Dyfn4IrWoAMBqVw.jpg (1200x675, 198K)

>A nuke engine on earth requires air
Wrong. You just need a medium to heat with the reactor and expel out of the nozzle. Most space-borne nuclear thermal engines use hydrogen, which tends to great pretty good efficient overall. Most NTRs can hit a specific impulse of around 900s while maintaining a similar thrust to chemical rockets, which is pretty awesome.

jpost.com/International/Russia-says-five-killed-in-mysterious-rocket-test-accident-598219
Death toll now at 5.
>Local residents have been stocking up iodine used to reduce the effects of radiation exposure after the accident.
It might be too late. Pic related.

Attached: 1560096924414.gif (452x306, 1.39M)

Why the fuck is everyone overlooking the fact they're making Project Pluto/SLAM a fucking reality?!?

Attached: 2016-04-26_15-16-16.jpg (1491x757, 159K)

>Engine explodes killing several people and injuring over a dozen others

Truly, a new paradigm in weapon design.

How does that contradicts his posts?

To be fair, it could've just been a regular missile hitting that nuclear fuel transporter. We don't really know if it was their SLAMski

Even with the kind of accidents they've had, I have a hard time believing they could achieve a fuck up of that magnitude.

Not great, not terrible

Attached: not great, not terrible.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

I'm told it's the equivalent of a chest X-ray

Attached: Shcherbi.jpg (600x617, 47K)

Stop this misinformation. Everything is fine! Go about your business comrades, and pay no attention to the prattling tales of invidious cosmopolitans!

Attached: When the proles won't stop undermining the fruits of their own labors.jpg (1200x802, 123K)

Come enjoy a nice summer beachside vacation in beautiful Severodvinsk, you'll sure to get a tan!

Attached: 1559426910846.jpg (984x656, 657K)

Because they're not making anything a reality. They're irradiating the Baltic sea wasting money on a useless wunderwaffe

>Nuclear accident in Russia
>It's not at Mayak
Color me surprised

Attached: 1565120419980.png (800x2038, 992K)

CHERNOBYL MEMES!!! I LOVE THAT TV SHOW!!! YIIIIIPPIIIII!!!!

Attached: 1544198926827.jpg (960x892, 234K)

>white Africa

Attached: stronk.jpg (490x367, 64K)

Didn't some conspiratard predict that the British would use their intelligence and covert ops to slowly begin harrasing the Russians for that whole Skripal incident?

I doutb that Russia's recent pains have been the work of MI6, but it's a compelling piece of tinfoil-schizo gospel.

China sees Ivan and raises:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelsat_708

A Cuban poet after the revolution noticed after the Americans left the Soviets came with their bad fitted brown shoes, wrinkled ugly suits, they wore no deodorant and smelled like shit.

He remarked "We just replaced white people with sub human white people"

>The nature and extent of the damage remain a subject of dispute. The Chinese government, through its official Xinhua news agency, reported that six people were killed and 57 injured. However, American estimates suggest that anywhere between 200 and 500 people might have been killed in the crash; "dozens, if not hundreds," of people were seen to gather outside the centre's main gate near the crash site the night before launch.[4] When reporters were being taken away from the site, they found that most buildings had sustained serious damage or had been flattened completely.[4] Some eyewitnesses were noted as having seen dozens of ambulances and many flatbed trucks, loaded with what could have been human remains, being taken to the local hospital.[4]
Holy shit.

Russia should sell their empty lands to China. At least then they can afford to refloat their dry dock.

There's video of the launch, too.

youtu.be/FBJ9ue6GKek

It's one of my favorite snuff films. Also, remember that the Chinese rockets are all fueled with ultra-toxic UDMH/N2O4 (notice the red smoke in pic related, it's nasty, nasty shit) and so everything that explosion touched was a major hazmat zone, too.

Attached: The_Launch_of_Long_March_3B_Rocket.jpg (1039x1423, 105K)