Handgun General - /hg/ - #314

Steinerbois edition

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Git Gud Guide:
mega.nz/#!86AmzYaA!Z88rBjdIcBeTitTrOLX08LFjqKVzLmUpAWRaUEnyO0Y

PT

Attached: sbal-ppx.jpg (2100x1400, 707K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackrhinoconcealment.com/tcsl-tactical-carry-system-walther-holster
gunbroker.com/item/825331656
gunbroker.com/item/825385185
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can we talk about 10mm?

I'm looking for a Glock and my choice is between a 10mm and .40 SW. Ideally, I'd like to put this ACRO on it to try a red dot on a handgun.

As I understand it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, most commercial 10mm doesn't offer much over .40 SW range ammo. Is this true? Is ''true'' 10mm a great deal more expensive than range ammo?

If you're looking at 10mm, you're probably looking at the Glock 20 gen 4, right? Definitely go with a 10mm. A .40 cal is no match for it, and if you're going to lose capacity compared to a 9mm, you should get the most out of the power.

For offerings on commercial 10mm vs .40 range ammo, it really depends. 10mm is loaded in a bunch of different varieties so you can find some that are barely more powerful, but for sure it's generally hotter and you can find some crazy stuff not possible with.40.

Yeah, you could say I have better taste than most

Attached: 960A356D-E20F-4180-9AD4-80724F0189B3.jpg (2850x4017, 3.18M)

What bushing? The one to delete the factory magazine disconnect safety?

It's hard to be critical of anything when everything is so incredibly good.

Sure there are a handful of objectively bad guns for one reason or another, but the yuuuuuuge majority of handguns on the market, and older ones from even 30-40 years ago are so exceptionally good that "being critical" just means ignoring how great they are overall to criticize one small aspect of the gun. This is something I like to think I do a lot, to help temper people's over-enthusiasm (or talk up a gun to save people from falling victim to meming shitposters). But really, perspective is important. My perspective usually revolves around cost; an HK USP is a fantastic gun, but at $800 it's a shitty buy. A Taurus G2C isn't an amazing gun in the grand scheme, but for $170 it's phenomenal!

I think if you look at the market right now and what you see is a bunch of trash being bought by stupid people, it's you who's off base. Because dude, I don't think we've ever had it so good!

Looking at numbers it's pretty close, with equivalent bullet weights you're generally gaining 100-200fps with 10mm. Which isn't nothing, but also isn't a Magnum-tier leap.

But there are weak af loads that are basically .40, and there are gun-breaker loads. Which is probably why people think 10mms are finicky or breaks easy, because one spring setup will not work for every load.

Attached: forty.jpg (2200x1467, 1.33M)

I'm sure hyped for this weekend's episode of "will it cycle"

Attached: 42 canned.jpg (1348x900, 252K)

Is the G19 MOS the best compact, factory red dot ready compact pistol on the market?

>42
He tried

Any califags here?

I may have to move back to California for a job opportunity. Pays way more than what I'm making now, and I'll be living at home so it's a win-win, at least financially.

What are the hot-ticket handguns that will resell for a big chunk of money? Let's say I have ~2k to spend.

Compact is a meme, the extra half inch of grip doesn’t print with a good holster and any shirt looser than a Nike dri fit
Just get a 509 tactical

Yeah the disconnect delete bushing

>I may have to move back to California
You fucking idiot

Fuck, you think I want to?

I'm making 18.50/hr right now. This job will pay me 30/hr + benefits.

I'd say the CZ P10C OR is, if it existed.

Can you even move to California with guns anymore? They're literally rounding up "sporting rifles" now, surely they closed up that "loophole" of moving with guns.

I wish companies would quit doing that, literally NO ONE wants a magazine disconnect for any reason, not even cops who can't control their guns.

try calguns.net

Hey Steiner came!

It looks like it's time to resupply on .45ACP for range fun. I used Sellier and Bellot because they're cheap, what other manufacturers should I use? Fiocchi? Geco? I'd like the best bang for buck ammo. Brass case only though, I love my HK too much to put steel shit in it.

How do you like your S-BAL Burt?

How much is the cost of living where you're going though? Is it gonna be $1900 a month rent and $4 a gallon gas burning up all that income?

So uh, Charter Arms are shit, right?

I don't like it for a couple three reasons. It runs off of only one CR123 instead of two so the battery life is very short (I think 1hr?), it mounts with a screw so it's not quick, and it's flathead so the screw is bound to get deformed and the driver will slip off and gouge the unit, and the buttons are one press laser, two presses light with no momentary option and no light-only option. That's real retarded sir imo. At the very least it should be one tap laser, two taps light, or press and hold for momentary light only. I'm sure this is why Steiner teased the V2 with programmable buttons. Hopefully that's an upgrade they can do for a small fee if and when the V2 ever comes out. And there was a little spilled glue on the back from where a careless worker smeared the weatherproofing all over.

Also also due to the shape of the rail clamp and the shape of the M9A3 rail, it won't mount all the way against the trigger guard of my M9A3, I have to go another lug forward which is lame.

But it's a lot smol and lighter than I thot, it's quite powerful with just one battery, you can get to the battery without dismounting it, and the recoil lug is very clever the way it flips back and forth so you can adjust the mounting position by half-rail-slot lengths. I wish more lights would do that. Also the laser's collimation is very good, seems to be within their 0.8 MOA spec.

He said he's living with parents, so $0 for awhile anyway. If he ever moves out that "raise" is toast.

Those are all good, and Winchester to a lesser degree (hard to argue with NATO pseudo+p at the same price). Federal/CCI/Blazer/Speer is also good stuff, and Prvi Partizan. I seek out Blazer Brass because it's the weakest 115gr and that's the most fun for me to shoot, but I'll buy any of that if it's cheap enough.

The only things I avoid are Remington and Aguila.

I wouldn't say shit, they're not S&W but they're not priced like S&W either.

just moved from SoCal to TX

-Rent $2600/mo versus $1600/mo now for bigger place
-Gas $4 ver $2.50
-Power $150-200/mo versus $70/mo
-Insurance about the same
-Tax $9.5% versus ZERO

Plus nearly everything else is cheaper, like 20-30% less here.

Crime lower
Traffic lower
Bars cheaper

Dont do it unless you make big bucks. Like $250k/yr

I know FNX 45 frequently go for 1500+
You need one without threaded barrels though since threaded barrels in handguns are banned.

They have interesting desings which, at the price, are quite tempting. The 9mm and .40 revolvers that use extractors (like an improved Medusa) are really cool

>Also also due to the shape of the rail clamp and the shape of the M9A3 rail
The rail lug can be moved, loosen the screw (IT IS NOT REMOVABLE AND WILL BREAK BECAUSE IT'S HALF A MILLIMETER THICK DO NOT OVER LOOSEN) and jiggle the oval plade on the left out of the slot, slide rail lug forward/back.

I agree on every negative point you made.
My unit us on it's way in for warranty repair on that shitty little screw btw

bwaahahahah.. wait are they seriously banned in california? damn

you can buy threaded barrels, but the instant you put them in a slide and put the slide on the frame, it's illegal

I want a safariland ubl midride, with the qls 22 mount. But safariland doesn't make a holster for my gun that also accepts a light. Are other companies making safariland mount compatible duty holsters?

Attached: 20190716_205227.jpg (4032x2268, 2.49M)

Yeah the thingy is flippable, but either moving it to a new slot or moving it half-slot out still makes it farther from the trigger guard and out of finger's comfortable reach. If the rail on the M9A3 frame were cut 1/4" farther to the rear of the frame, or if the clamp on the SBAL were 1/4" shorter on the rear then it would clear this radius and sit where it needs to.

This seems like a strange oversight considering Beretta owns both companies. Also the recoil lug is 1913-size, so it won't fit in the PX4's rail slot (which is glocc-sized).

tl;dr The SBAL-PL won't fit properly on any of my Berettas. :n((((((

What broke on yours? You tried to gorilla the screw all the way out?

Attached: sbal fit.jpg (1623x1761, 513K)

Hey Burt, you know if any of the Hudson thread protectors ever made it out into the wild?

Attached: 204CB7FB-28B8-4CE3-BEB4-DC9A7D7B3D0B.jpg (650x650, 137K)

Are the spare threaded barrels being sold now disincluding a thread protector? I don't think they were sold, other than on their threaded barrels from the factory.

Which is a real shame because the Hudson ones are really thin, and that's awesome. I spent some time trying to find replacement thread protectors and virtually all the ones you find online are fat as fuck, like 1/8" thick in some cases! The Hudson is super thin, maybe the thinnest I've ever seen. Beretta thread protectors are really thin too.

Fun fact, I got tired of failing to find thin thread protectors so I called Beretta to buy one for a gorillion dollars and they gave me one.

I like thin thread protectors.

Attached: lol bore axis.jpg (2200x1467, 1.62M)

Hey maybe you can help me out. I ordered a holosun hs507c for my q4 and I want to get an iwb holster for it. So far the only optics cut q4 holster I know of is Dara, do you know of any others?

Attached: IMG_20190717_120224427.jpg (2689x2268, 1008K)

Just snagged a Vektor SP1.

yeah I just placed an order for one, I don't see them with the protector
not a big deal, I won't even be swapping the barrel in for a while

>all these people joining the Steiner gang
Brings a tear to my eye. I've had mine since late November and I love it.

Attached: 20190629_095537_a.jpg (3018x2268, 1.54M)

Nice! You beat me. I'm bidding on a different Vektor now though.

Attached: attachment-1_5.jpg (3024x3024, 1.96M)

Ajajajajajja nigger fuck beeboobeeeeeebooo malalalalallaalal nananananann cooococoooocoooocoo

Attached: D5C009FC-2114-4715-B68C-ACB37B5BCFCC.jpg (2010x1642, 608K)

Hey Butthurticus!

I know squat about holsters, sorry :(

I was watching that but quit when it got over $800

Yall neighbors gotta chill out so I can buy one at a reasonable price, heard?

That's gay, but at least the barrels are physically available

>at least the barrels are physically available
we shall see

Sig P365s and Glock 42/43s. Regularly sell for $1000+

you could try black rhino
blackrhinoconcealment.com/tcsl-tactical-carry-system-walther-holster

Sorry guy, there's a decent chance that Washington is going to pass a mag ban soon, so I have to strike while the iron is hot.

Alls good, I bought about 8-9 guns in the past month so I really need to calm it down. I want one last Vektor though, either a SP1, SP2, or CP1 since I have a Z88.

gunbroker.com/item/825331656

get your wallet out

Rent is covered so I won't be taking a hit on that. Gas is expensive, but I drive a Civic so it's not that big of a hit. Taxes will probably be the biggest thing that fucks me.

My parents live in Irvine, CA, so it's not like there's crime there anyway.

>$666.66
Nice

>You tried to gorilla the screw all the way out?
That would imply that I'm retarded, no way that could possibly be the case (it's exactly what happened)

Hmm, that's fucking dumb since this light is totally meant to go on the A3, what the fuck Beretta.
It looks damn good on an A1 IMO, I was making a holster for one a while back

Can anyone weigh in on the Ruger SR1911 target models vs a Dan Wesson A2? Pretty decent difference in price, is it worth it?

Attached: 1525526580921.jpg (500x464, 55K)

Thanks for the tip brother. I'll check it out!
F

Thinking of getting a glock 40 and an SBR stamp to have a stock and forward grip to double as a carbine for backpacking and hunting.
Is there a stock made that works on glock 40s? There are some that work on glock 20s.

Attached: glock stock.jpg (500x500, 18K)

Why would you spend over $1000 on a handgun and use the cheapest chinese made red dot sight you could find?

Attached: PPQq4tacrmrxc1COMP1280.jpg (1280x720, 425K)

the Flux brace is nice

Does .45 have a lot of drop after 10 yards? I got to fire my RIA 1911 for the first time and it seemed to hit low so idk if it's me or the round

I’m paying $1100/month for a two bed apartment in a decent area in SoCal. However I only make 50k/year and I plan on moving asap.

I know, I'm watching it. Dude has reserve pricing and I think it'll end up going for close to that buy now price. I might pass on it.

R8 my handgat family

Attached: 20190725_195129.jpg (4032x3024, 3.54M)

Poorfag postin. Is anyone else surprised at how little aftermarket there is for the G2C? It was around for quite awhile as the PT111G2 but light/laser options are kinda sparse. Has anyone here tried it with an 18rnd P226 magazine?

Derp.

Attached: IMG_2289.jpg (1200x900, 457K)

Who wants to get in on this beauty?

gunbroker.com/item/825385185

I spent 550 on a handgun, I really don't like the rmr, and both the holosun and the vortex are far from the cheapest options available

Attached: favorite bois.jpg (4032x2268, 830K)

Hey /hg/ what is your thoughts on fiber optic sights for a carry/home defense gun?

tfo front and blacked out rear is the move

You're flinching. 45 only has a couple inches of drop at 50 yards

Comfy/10 good variety of companies and designs

Are there any real differences between "high end" competition guns like the Shadow 2, 226 Legion, etc?

Fuck the handguns. Tell me more about the levergats.

>Marlins

who gives a fuck?

top one is a marlin 39 in .22 s/l/lr from the 20s (my first rifle). bottom is my 336 in 30-30. I fucking love those guns

I recently got into cowboy larp/levergats, so I do care.
Which one is your fav? I got a Rossi R92 16" carbine in 44mag. Even though the crescent moon buttplate digs in when you shoot it, still a great gun to shoot. The action was smooth when I bought it, it was lube on glass smooth after I smoothed every thing out.

How did the holster turn out?

>Hmm, that's fucking dumb since this light is totally meant to go on the A3, what the fuck Beretta.
Ackshully

Attached: tor-fusion-torch-gun-angle1.png (760x816, 319K)

>beretta 92
>clean looking makarov
>nickel old school charter arms
>p99c
>model 59
Very good 8/10

honestly it's a toss up. mag dumping 23 rounds of .22 short with 0 perceived recoil is mega fun, but 30-30 is just such a riot to shoot it. I highly recommend trying out a marlin, the linkage in them when they're good is unbeatable. I am looking to get a 1894 CST in .357 mag in the next few months

I never finished it, it's like 99% done but the guy it was for vanished

Looks gay. 3/10

>Looks gay. 3/10
But they changed the screw so people like you wont break them. They made it for just for you.

I have an m9a3 and sbal
email me pl0x
[email protected]

They show in stock, didja order one?

>Q5 Match
>$1,000
user those are like $650 now that the Steel Frame came out, and they're even less used.

Great start!

Not really surprising given the cost, people don't want to spend money on something they didn't want to spend money on in the first place. But there are a few things, some trigger mods, sights and stuff.

It's a pretty satisfying and complete package from the factory though so even if people wanted to spend money there isn't much to gain. It's got a pretty decent trigger and adjustable sights and a rail and good capacity already.

>$800 for a Rogak
Oh no nononononononono!

Yes of course, size, shape, trigger, sights, capacity, all that jazz.

Do you have it mounted one slot out as well? Or does yours somehow not sit cockeyed on the rail like mine?

I am getting a heritage rought rider in .22 or soon, so I need a .22lr lever gat for that. Also getting a ruger super redhawk in .44 mag to go along with my .44 levergat.

consider henry if you're on a budget for a .22lr levergun. I love my marlin to pieces, it's ultra nice and the takedown is cool as hell but they are not cheap. You get what you pay for though, it's an unbelievably fantastic shooter if you can swing it.

Attached: marlin 39 action.gif (375x666, 3.54M)

Aren't those high end guns close enough in accuracy and trigger pulls to the point where the shooter is the one holding it back? I could see someone preferring the CZ grip over the Sig's, and thus being more accurate with the CZ.

That .gif makes me diamond. I will def look into Henry, thanks.

A truly skilled shooter is going to kick dicks with any of them. Ben Stoeger shot a Beretta 92 for years then switched to a Tanfoglio and said he didn't notice much of a performance difference, he just prefers the Tanfo.
That said, some guns get pretty crazy on the trigger, like an STI or a slicked up SRT equipped SIG, those have resets measured in hundredths of an inch and can have dangerously light and crisp single action triggers. (But honestly that's not as important as everyone pretends it is.)

As for accuracy, action shooting sports (USPSA, IDPA, SCSA) don't require anything beyond bone stock G17 mechanical precision. Hell, you could take a world championship spot with an M&P 2.0 if you had good sights on it

Hey, just saw this S&W 18-2 .22lr for sale in the local used gun website for 550 USD. I would really like a .22 revolver but this is a lot of money for me so I don't know if this is a good deal or not. Any opinions? Thanks

Attached: s&w 18-2.png (553x621, 493K)

Honestly, if you have to ask, the gun is still shooting better than you. A Shadow 2 and a bone stock CZ75 are functionally identical in USPSA or IDPA unless you're at like, majors level. Just practice, dry fire, shoot dot tortures until you can clean them at 5-7 yards, shoot super tests, and spend the extra money on ammo. Practice with a firearm is more valuable than the firearm itself (although a good set of high-contrast sights doesn't hurt.)

Unless you're already a B class shooter or higher, equipment doesn't matter all that much.

>Unless you're already a B class shooter or higher, equipment doesn't matter all that much.

I'm B class USPSA and it still doesn't. I'm shooting a mostly stock LEM P30L and a fancy tricked out gun wouldn't make a difference because the missing time is due to stage planning and sight picture not splits. Same goes for basically anyone under high A class.

The stuff that broke me out of C class and into B was a talon grip sticker. That didn't stop me from spending 800$ cajunizing my CZ-97, mostly just because I love that gun, but it's absolutely not required until you're good enough to get sponsored.

Honestly what would help me more than anything is a .40 s&w

I'm shooting a P30L V1 9mm in Limited Minor and my mags are three 18 rounders and two 15's
I'm straight up fucking myself

I shoot L10 major (at real matches, I just shoot limited, but my qual times are L10), Revolver and Production (I live in a free state, I just like to reload on the clock.)

>limited minor
You are fucking yourself, especially since cheap LE .40s are still everywhere.

Yeah I'm not a fan of reloading on the clock, I also don't have enough mags to do it. More power to you though, what's your full match setup for mags?

Oh I've got .40's and .45's, I'm just an idiot and keep talking myselfout of using them. I'm also broke as fuck and don't want to stock up on mags for another match gun right now. They also won't let me shoot my Mk23 in carry optics so fuck them.

Does anybody here know anything about that model S&W?

Be aware that "Henry" rifles (the company, not the original 1860 rifle) uses the same action that's in the Marlin. It is generally considered to be inferior to both the original Henry action and the Browning action used in Winchesters.

My limited 10 gun is a tricked out CZ97. I run usually 4 mags on magnets bullets out, plus one in my back pocket to load the gun with at match start, plus an extra bullet in my pocket to start at 10+1.

My production setup is similar (4 mags, plus one, plus one), except I'm just tucking magazines into my belt because magnets aren't legal in production. I run a Steyr M9A1 with a few legal mods, the most expensive and extreme of which is just Talon grip tape.

Round is backwards in magazine, has to be bait kys

Hello, newfag

hammer fired rules!

Attached: 1536966009784.png (376x341, 57K)

Hammer fired and steel framed.
Peak boomer.

Attached: 0.0.000....jpg (1200x1143, 143K)

You can't possibly be this new, has to be bait kys

I have a G20 Gen 3,
I exclusively run 22lb recoil spring and spicey underwood 10mm loadings.

Don't waste your time with 40. If you're worried about boogaloo ammo supply, hang on to your factory glock recoil spring; in a pinch you can run 40sw through a 10mm glock with the factory recoil spring **DO NOT MAKE A HABIT OF THIS FOR PRACTICE, IT CAN WEAR OUT YOUR EXTRACTOR CLAW PREMATURELY**

Are you a landscaper/owner or do ya just like fiskars? They do make good stuff.

theyre mostly hit and miss now, but the OG line when they first came out were the best

Why are the 7 round shield mags $5 more then the 8 rounders on PSA?

Attached: gabquestion.png (640x720, 340K)

Practical and stylish.

On a side note, how would you compare the recoil on the Shield to the LC9s? It's the only tiny 9mm I have experience shooting.