Alright so I may be retarded but I'm not stupid...

Alright so I may be retarded but I'm not stupid. PLEASE tell me that a fellow Jow Forumsommando knows if the M16 ever had a version where this didn't have the bloopy tooby doody or am I remembering seeing something that never existed?
I swear they made a version like this.

Attached: without the toob dood.jpg (606x335, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmtdefense.com/parts/grenade-launcher-parts/page/2
brownells.com/shooting-accessories/duty-gear/safety-amp-warning-equipment/m203-37mm-launcher-prod118458.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Alright so I may be retarded but I'm not stupid.

I have some bad news for you user, you may want to sit down...

Sorry mate, you're retarded AND stupid - but still correct nonetheless

Attached: 920x920.jpg (920x632, 122K)

??

Yeah

In fact this was by far the most common version, the M203 GL mount was only for onw or two guys per squad

Attached: M16-Vietnam.jpg (1024x640, 97K)

Nah m8's I'm talking about it having the strange shroud but not the m203. I swear I've seen pics somewhere of the M16 in Iraq with the shrouds but not the toob and sight.
Am I mandella right now? I swear I've seen this.

Stop being a chucklefuck, also I don't think so. From my understanding that barrel shroud was designed to be specific for use with the M203. I mean I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any of them with it being disconnected from the hand guard.

Attached: realimage.jpg (800x536, 108K)

See you know exactly what I'm talking about. I swear to fucking christ I've seen it. Maybe we just haven't believed in the aesthetic enough to make it real yet.

You know it's open on the bottom without a 203 on there, right?

I did not. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on this sort of thing.

>I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert
this board is not for you, then

Lol accurate

I think I've seen people put some kind of handguard underneath the cheese-grater upper (barbell shroud thing) instead of an m203, doubt the military does it tho, I've also seen them without the m203 but with the cheese-grater upper on and open on bottom like the other guy said, but again, not in the military

I'm pretty sure it's showed up as a toy

Some guy on here posted a photo of his AR with an M203 hanguard with a rail underneath it a while back. Never could get any info about it.

Do you have pictures? I would pay out the ass for it.

Attached: 9014325104_b818e13967.jpg (500x375, 68K)

Attached: 1563087211162.jpg (1200x1602, 987K)

Attached: -25ivf25v00.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Attached: custom_bushmaster_colt_dissipator_trijicon_tripower_red_dirt_bkgd.jpg (674x319, 120K)

If you're looking for one try keywords like

"M203 upper handguard"
"Dissipator" upper handguard
"Cheese-grater" upper handguard

Attached: Screenshot_20190809-000224.png (1440x2560, 1.89M)

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

I want one to go on an AR10.
Anybody know if that's possible?

The original M203 is designed to be fixed directly to the barrel in the same fashion as a handguard. It looks aesthetic, but if you left out the grenade launcher, there would a giant gap at the bottom that would normally allow clearance for the part you took out.

lmtdefense.com/parts/grenade-launcher-parts/page/2
They are called M203 Heat Shields.

Attached: m203mount.jpg (1600x1060, 88K)

?

Attached: IMG_1074_612892.jpg (800x600, 54K)

Amazing work user. I now know what I'm doing for my next build.

Attached: IMG_5158.jpg (2636x3514, 3.97M)

Attached: sagla.jpg (575x326, 41K)

What the fuck is that?

>yo dog i heard you like carry handles

OICW is that you?

So this is what the pinnacle of Rifle design looks like

Ah so the surplus ones that pop up for sale now and then with no tube

My A2 clone has an M203 shroud without the launcher (I'm not paying $10,000 for a destructive device I'll never use). It's not very good to shoot with but it reminds me of the (somewhat) good ole' days.

t. carried an A2 with an M203 in Panama and Somalia

You could get an unregulated 37mm flare launcher clone (from LMT to boot) for only about $1,000.
brownells.com/shooting-accessories/duty-gear/safety-amp-warning-equipment/m203-37mm-launcher-prod118458.aspx

A full-on real M203 costs about $2k. I built one two months ago. E-file form 1 took 15 days.

>won't even include the mounting kit

Nah...

Yea but now you're officially on an ATF/FBI fed list. And 37mm casings are gonna be more commonly found if you ever need to load your own HE rounds in Minecraft only when the government dissipates or makes it legal

>Yea but now you're officially on an ATF/FBI fed list.
So what?

> And 37mm casings are gonna be more commonly found if you ever need to load your own HE rounds in Minecraft
Luckily, my minecraft character has a lathe.

That's not bad, would suck to have to also pay a stamp on and register everything fun to launch from from it though. Or am I mistaken? Don't you have to register and get a stamp for each 40mm "grenade?"

FN303, a weapons-grade paintball gun for riot control

Attached: FN303.png (1200x454, 311K)

m203 shroud is cool but if you use it without the launcher it cuts your hands

why would they make that when a regular paintball gun shoots faster, farther and holds more balls

Attached: jukuVFph.jpg (1024x575, 122K)

You only have to register genuine grenades that have more than 1/4 oz of explosive in them.

Less-lethal rounds, flares, buckshot, practice rounds (have a small explosive + chalk), etc, are not DDs. There are lots of fun adapters you can use too. There's the "hornet's nest" which fires 10 22LR's simultaneously. Another which fires 4x .410 shells, and so on.

So they could sell it at jacked-up prices--along with parts, special ammo, and maintenance contracts--to municipal organizations who wouldn't want to buy a "paintball gun".

The FN303 fires frangible solid shot, not just paintballs. The projectiles themselves are heavy enough to break fingers on impact, and Boston PD accidentally killed a protester with one in 2004.

The truth is that it's a clever device for extracting money from police procurement departments, like most police gear.

Attached: FNA_Projectile_comp-2.png (1200x750, 343K)

I think they're a different size. I haven't looked it up but I think what the other poster is saying it is is a "pepperball gun" which is like a paintball full of mace/pepperspray

>lethal and less-than-lethal on the same gun
Is this the IDF model?

Attached: 1544249130353.jpg (288x512, 31K)