Guns for beginners

I've been thinking about getting my first gun for both fun and self defense. Is the M9 a good gun to start with? If not, what is better?

Attached: beretta-m9-pistol-1251709-2.jpg (1200x1200, 341K)

FAMAS

Attached: MGS_VR_FAMAS.jpg (480x300, 76K)

USP.45

go rent one and find out. they're pretty common rental guns.

if you plan on carrying in the future get something smaller than a full sized service pistol like the M9. if not then screw it get what u want, go to a gun store, hold some, get a feel, or go rent some at a range and try them out.

it's a prohibitively expensive one to get as a "starter" gun, I'll tell you that much

See if you can go to a range that lets you rent various pistols, or even just go to a gun store and ask to hold a few. See what feels right in your hand.

have you ever shot before? if you have never shot anything in your life, i recommend a 22. if you have at least some experience or knowledge with firearms a 9mm is fine. any other guns that fancy your interest?

Depends on what you want out of a gun. Can't hunt with an m9, but they're fun as hell to shoot

This, start with a .22lr as a starter. Its cheaper to train with to learn fundamentals.

For starter full-size pistols, Walter Creed or PPX. Very affordable, kinda ugly, but a very comfortable and smooth.

He could get the 92 Compact. Same gun, takes the same magazines but its a little smaller. Still kind of large for a carry gun but definitely doable.

Attached: Beretta 92 Compact.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

>prohibitively expensive

isn't an M9 less than $600? that's pretty much what any decent handgun costs.

>i recommend a 22

>start with a .22lr as a starter. Its cheaper to train with to learn fundamentals.

this is wisdom. also, there is such a thing as a .22 M9, so if OP just wants an M9 for the aesthetics, that is an option

the m9 is a mixed bag. Fills out the hand nicely, fun and easy to shoot, but very pricey for what it is, and outshined by other guns

The best option would be to find a range with rentals and try a few out. Im partial to glocks, so maybe a G19? With the gen5 out, gen4 aint so bad in terms of price

POST THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PISTOL WITH THE WALLS OF TEXT REMINDING YOU NOT TO BE A RETARD

>$600
Fuck, are they that much now?

If you are just dead set on it, you could probably find a .22lr trainer for it. However, after firing an m9 for 9+ years it was not a fun gun to learn to shoot, infact I would stay away from any DA/SA pistols as a rule just because it's so inconsistent.

Its 2019, pick up something with a striker and don't be so hard on yourself. (unless you're are rich and can just go straigh into H&K territory)

>Computer, download a job for this faggot

Attached: 1494597371539.jpg (559x454, 14K)

IDK, I see some on gunbroker that are between $480 - $550

So for beginner handguns that can cover all your general purpose "bases", you typically go with a Glock 19, or an M&P 9c. You want something you can conceal, but at the same time know is going to be able to stop an attacker. Don't handicap yourself with an antiquated design like "single-action double-action".

>Don't handicap yourself with an antiquated design like "single-action double-action".
Lol

If you plan to carry it as well check out the Smith & Wesson M&P 9 compact 2.0.

>You want something you can conceal, but at the same time know is going to be able to stop an attacker.

how do you know what OP wants? maybe he just wants to pretend to be john woo at his local range twice a year. not everyone is interested in carrying a concealed handgun.

They should be

I agree but we live in an imperfect world littered with horrors. people who don't carry are just another one of those and they aren't that rare either. most people have no interest in carrying a concealed handgun, even people who own guns.

I would bet an inordinate amount of money that you don't own a single firearm.

Kek

That's cute, in a retarded sort of way. Like the smol CZs

Half of my friends I shoot with don't CC simply because of the fees and classes involved. My dad won't even keep a loaded gun in the house. He has the Beretta I gave him in a biometric locker with a loaded mag next to it.

>Half of my friends I shoot with don't CC simply because of the fees and classes involved.

really? where I live it costs about $100 all told and the class is just you sitting in a room while some ex-cop takes 40 minutes to explain that you're not allowed to just randomly shoot anyone you want to. then you shoot ten rounds and go home.

They are a decent gun to start on but not the best. If you develop a flinch because of shooting a 92 you are a pussy and there was likely never any hope.
92s suck for CC. If you just want one handgun ever get a glock 19. 92s are great though if you want a fullsize. There are a few other ones in it's class but they are all great and it's a matter of preference which one you want.
The advice toward .22s is good if you have also somehow never shot a bb gun in your life.

tl;dr Berettas are great guns but it depends on your experience with firearms and if you plan on buying more guns to fill in what the Beretta can't do

How much are the fees where you are?

Ignore all these douches, a Ruger 10/22 is cheap and great for learning the basics.