Trijicon MRO

any anons use this? should I put it on a lever gun?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1500x774, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dq1PoqvtQbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you want a red dot on a lever gun tho?
You tryin to be a cyber cowboy huh??
You wanna rootin tootin laser revolver too huh faggot?

Don't be mean, he could be Australian

but thats even more reason to be mean

stop posting anytime

If you had abbos innadesert huffing petrol you'd want a tacticool manual-semi-auto

Make me upside down fag
True.
I was just joking anyway.
Retro guns can be pretty interesting if modernized right.

You'll love it as long as you actually shoot and don't post or lurk in the /arg/ cesspool. Not like you would with a lever gun anyways

This.

this is pretty close to why

thanks user, glad to hear it. i like that it has an infinite eye relief so i could mount it wherever i want on a rail. also arg is full of cocksuckers.

Technically any red dot or holo sight has unlimited eye relief. This isn't exclusive to the mro. Also don't mount it on the handgaurd (if you are making one of those tacticool lever guns)

i'm pretty new to optics and didn't know that. is there a better/sturdier red dot?

>manual-semi-auto
Well then it's not much of a semiauto is it

It won't matter much if you're just plinking. I'd get vortex or sig to save your money if it's just for the range. If you want THE BEST then aimpoint comp m5 is probably the most durable optic out there other than the acog. Or the aimpoint t2 is equally amazing spec wise but lighter and slightly less rugged

Aimpoint makes good shit, but trijicon is also up there. You really can't go wrong with either

aimpoint pro is cheap, you'd also be well served by an H1. if i was short on cash a sig romeo 5 is ok

>tfw you had an on again off again FWB with the granddaughter of Glyn Bindon and almost took the plunge into a committed relationship just for an easy-in to the firearms industry but she was a deranged junkie with a sexual history voluminous enough to make gay men on Grindr blush

I'm really lucky I didn't catch anything, but part of me still imagines an alternate reality where I was a Trijicon heir making stupid Youtube videos with rare NFA weapons.

levergun with optics thread?

Attached: image.jpg4_zpstob1d0c2.jpg~original.jpg (1024x768, 377K)

The main enjoyment of a levergun is frantically ejaculating all your shots while memeing on the handle. I don't want optics; I wanna hipfire like a cowboy.

What kind of gun is that? I've had the urge to buy a lever gun but I know nothing about them

I have it on my AK pistol. I like it a lot. Some of Jow Forums will claim it will give you AIDs due to issues with the original run having fisheyeing at the edges and being closer to a 1.2x, but those issues have been solved for years now. Should be good, user

Henry Big Boy

Something happened once, so it happens forever.
Standard Jow Forums procedure

Henry big boy in 357 magnum. Henry offers them in 44 mag, 30-30, and 45-70 too. They dont have a loading gate, so keep that in mind.

That's the joke you fucking autist

That is the ugliest weld I've ever seen on a optic... WTH?

I've got an MRO on my Henry Big Boy 44mag. It's super practical and it really pisses off the fudds too. Win-win in my book.

Does anyone know of a solid scope/ scope mount they'd trust for a Marlin .444? Eyes haven't gone fuzzy yet, but family history says they will and I'd like to get ahead of it.

>tactical manual semi-auto
CNN uses this term in the next 3 days

bumping for interest in the answer

>weld
facepalm.jpg

Did you think the flash extension from forging the housing in OP's pic is a weld?

Red dots on lever actions are pretty fun.

You could. Get a Henry Long Ranger in .243 Winchester

Attached: Henry Long Rangers.jpg (2460x683, 477K)

>a short range sight on a long range cartridge
hmm.....

It's amazing how they have the same mentality of fudds despite saying they hate them so much.

Yeah why not?

Add a magnifier.

That's fair.

>rootin tootin laser revolver
Sounds pretty badass, honestly.

Attached: Boba Phat.jpg (500x608, 97K)

that forging seam is ugly as sin, wtf? Whats going on at Trijicon?

Yet. they have the 38.55 and will have a 30.30 with side loader gate.

Loading gate models in other calibers are probably on the horizon.

get an Aimpoint PRO for cheaper or T2

Attached: mro.jpg (1198x514, 164K)

The MRO isn't bad, but it's kind of a compromise optic.

Pros:
>wide lens for faster dot acquisition when mounting the gun
>wider lens than a micro while not being fuckhueg like the big boi aimpoints
>good battery life

Cons (when compared to other optics in similar price range):
>included high mount is dogshit
>aimpoint has a better track record with red dots and is probably more durable
>dot is not as crisp as a T2
>1.1x zoom and fisheye (which is apparently fixed on new models)
>blue tint
>smaller window than a EOTech
>no cool reticle like an EOtech

That said, an EOtech on a levergun might sit a bit too high. The MRO could be a good option if you can get it on a low mount and get a cowitness with your irons.

Gonna post tacticool leverguns now because fuck you.

Attached: 48A7EAAA-FAF6-416A-A374-07BDB9A30BDF.jpg (705x481, 119K)

Forgot to mention, the MRO has a lot of parallax which will shift your zero substantially if your dot is not centered in the housing. The EOtech just based on the technology being different is the king of parallax (aside from thermal drift ((which happens on every optic)) on the shitty defective ones they were selling a few years ago), and the T2 is also really solid when it comes to parallax due to Aimpoint stepping up their game on glass and laser quality with that model.

Attached: 1424061113924.jpg (1024x683, 182K)

Attached: 1431062242738.jpg (1024x438, 160K)

Attached: 1431062410556.jpg (750x1000, 67K)

Attached: 1479603874914.jpg (1200x286, 331K)

Attached: 1556578162654.jpg (1500x872, 363K)

Attached: 1562459173106.jpg (998x448, 81K)

Attached: IMG_3655.jpg (768x576, 80K)

that looks bretty cool desu

that looks so good. what optic? I see those on pistols, but it sits really well on that rifle.

Attached: midwest-ind-marlin-mlok.jpg (960x720, 287K)

that's the new marlin dark line. not a fan personally, but having a threaded barrel would be fuckin awesome.

I genuinely believe the MRO is one of the worst optics on the market today. The parallax on the one I got was so bad it was comparable to a $10 airsoft sight, the tint was weird and the 1.1x magnification fucked with my eyes. The parallax issue was so severe that every person that shot my rifle would group in different areas at 50 yards due to different cheek welds. Yes it had a post 89k serial number.

I returned it for a holosun and I like it much better.

W/ 3.25 MOA RMR

Attached: IMG_20190418_234420.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

>The MRO isn't bad, but it's kind of a compromise optic.
Everything ever made is the result of design compromises.

>Pros:
>>wide lens for faster dot acquisition when mounting the gun
>>wider lens than a micro while not being fuckhueg like the big boi aimpoints
Since you're supposed to use this with both eyes open, it is mostly an aesthetic preference. Aimpoints do feel like you're looking down a toilet paper tube and the MRO doesn't really.
>>good battery life
>Cons (when compared to other optics in similar price range):
>>included high mount is dogshit
You can buy this without a mount and use any low mount for your levergat.
>>aimpoint has a better track record with red dots and is probably more durable
>>dot is not as crisp as a T2
Most people won't be able to notice.
.1x zoom and fisheye (which is apparently fixed on new models)
It's completely different. The current production are 1.0x.
>>blue tint
Also greatly mitigated on newer models.
>>smaller window than a EOTech
>>no cool reticle like an EOtech
>That said, an EOtech on a levergun might sit a bit too high. The MRO could be a good option if you can get it on a low mount and get a cowitness with your irons.
The Eotech would be quite tall for a levergun. MRO is what people buy when they want an American made red dot with a decent battery life and from a reputable company but don't want to drop $800 on a T2.
>Gonna post tacticool leverguns now because fuck you.

>1.1x magnification
>Yes it had a post 89k serial number
Nope. You're just a liar who wants to gaslight consumers.

>Since you're supposed to use this with both eyes open, it is mostly an aesthetic preference. Aimpoints do feel like you're looking down a toilet paper tube and the MRO doesn't really.
I know that. I'm not one of the guys who goes "mUh FiElD ofF vIeW!!!!" because using both eyes open makes that a moot point. But actually picking up the dot is faster and easier with larger windows. It's a small difference, but it's still something to consider.

got two of them. solid red dot, will probably buy another one for a new rifle soon.

It legitimately did have a post 89k serial number and some slight magnification but feel free to not believe me. Maybe mine was fucked but either way I genuinely found it to be unusable with the parallax issue.

Maybe you are the retarded one.

How so? The fact that it had a different point of impact with everyone that shot my rifle was enough for me to send it back. Truly a terrible optic

yeah dude it's fucking cool i want a marlin 1894 cst with a red dot so I can be a space cowboy

yes op mount it on a lever rifle and make me proud

youtube.com/watch?v=dq1PoqvtQbQ

LMAO

I do like the contrast of new and old shit but the wood stock has to be there.
at very least the rear stock.
Ive used a dot on my marlin 94 in .44mag before but i still prefer the irons.

Only issue is the parralax.

>I don't understand how to use a red dot, but this exaggerated video makes me feel better about myself for not owning this red dot

>The fact that it had a different point of impact with everyone that shot my rifle was enough for me to send it back.

Like I said believe what ever you want to believe. I know it had slight magnification

It's unacceptable for any red dot but keep gargling those trijicon balls.

>red dot
>parallax
Stop posting

>my red dot is parallax free cuz da box says so

No. You are gaslighting people to stroke your ego because you were proven wrong in /arg/.