What is the best watch for Military application

Price is not a concern. Versatility is what matters, should be multifunctional, mud and dirt resistant, dive proof, durable and long lasting.

Attached: 7D025FC9-ECFA-47D1-9425-99F99018D244.jpg (1000x1462, 624K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B000GAYQKY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B07VD44T63/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A33CKH6J1MSH9C&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B07NMLK8KG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2BK4T82OD15NO&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B07JHDFSRJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A9U89XFHA0YZG&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gps solar gshock

The updated Mudman GG-B100 is a good choice. Lots of practical functions if you’re in the wilderness.

GShock Frogman is pretty bad ass. But no gps, and hard to pay that much when a 200 dollar rangeman has similar capability.

Attached: 1D2D42EF-893C-41F2-A928-082ACD6631FA.jpg (1065x462, 290K)

looted one from your enemy

Unironically, this. Get a Garmin Foretrex to clip to your body armour and your set.

Attached: FEB66122-3146-4C78-BA26-AA2FB90D715F.jpg (205x246, 8K)

Lol not looking to take a fake Rolex that doesn’t work off some dindu

Will Garmin foretrex work on grid down

42mm iWatch

I like my analog watch though...

Here you go fren. Or just get a simple mudmaster

Attached: 9E18E4EF-9AFE-460F-8A87-6DB24CE13802.jpg (1009x1650, 683K)

>G Shock
10th grade called

Millions of G-Shock s are sold every year to civilians, LE and Military around the world. The kids in high school these days tend to all wear faggot apple watches.

For military application? Something cheap and reliable. For individual warzone use? Gps equipped would be nice.

Why would grid up or down make a difference?

Use a fucking map you imbecile.

no one has posted a suunto core yet

Attached: 1156e8aab8c4544489145b.jpg (1017x1500, 259K)

The issue is the buckle is made of fucking shit plastic and breaks so you have to tape it to your arm on excercise

I have this. The suunto core is a piece of shit compared to my rangeman. It’s not solar, the battery needs to be replaced frequently, it scratches easy and the band needs to be replaced at least once a year. Sure it looks neat but a gshock is far more durable

>grid up or down
Because some map devices download their maps from teh internets. No connectivity, no map.

Get an after market one. I have one by warrior assault systems and it’s gleaming. Who the fuck green tapes their foretrex to their arm on exercise?

>RLC confirmed

i don't like digital, what good tritium watches are out there?

Luminox Navy Seal but they are a joke. No where near as reliable as gshocks in my experience. Also expensive for having no features

Why? So you can LARP harder?

jej, this. All you techbois are gonna get fucked in the ass come showtime.

Not him but I just graduated and saw nothing but both with no middle ground. It's nothing but apple watches for preppy kids and g shocks for anybody trying to appear tough
To which I ask why is it a bad thing to admit teenagers wear them?

The Casio Protrek works pretty well, been issued 3 of them thus far.

They look way too heavy and impractical to me, when something like could also get the job done. Just replace the plastic shit wristband with a NATO strap.

I’ve had the same Casio for 8 years, deployed with it a few times and the strap is still going strong.

Attached: ranger watch.jpg (500x500, 22K)

Meanwhile, im wearing a fosil looted off a drunk i threw out of the bar one fun evening.

You act as if just teenagers buy them. I’m sure they get the cheap ones but I seriously doubt that teens are buying 500 dollar mudmaster watches. Or thousand dollar gshock rangeman with gps.

How is a rangeman at all impractical? It gives you dozens of features that the F-91w doesn’t. The best being that it is a solar atomic watch. A rangeman will last you close to a decade or more. It also has a compass, shock resistant, waterproof up to 600ft, temperature reading, barometer, altimeter, etc.

My dw5600. Super cheap, infinitely moddable, and tough as nails. I had a madman break on me. Also have a lot of love for the vostok komandirskies (both mechanical and auto) if that's more your thing.

Attached: 20190809_064424.jpg (4032x2268, 2.08M)

>multi band
enjoy communist kikes jamming your watch and making it run backwards

Bought a cheap Timex Ironman cuz its slim, slick, and durable. That and it matches with my cutsie bracelet uwu.
I've had G shocks before, and I hate how chunky they feel. If I wanted a humvee on my wrist I would have asked some Joe to park one on me in the motor pool.

Attached: 20190729_123648_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 3.78M)

post ur vostoks user

This.

The wife is wearing the small mechanical one atm. The one on the left is an amphibia and the right is one of the auto komandirskies in question. Beat the balls off of it. The acrylic crystal scratches like crazy, but it doesn't shatter slamming it engine bays and such like mineral or even sapphire will.

Attached: 20190809_142050.jpg (4032x2268, 2.47M)

>teenagers dont buy these are you dumb?
>1 post later
>okay yeah they do

You should have bought a gshock. What were you thinking? Honestly?

Attached: 1C043D1C-4E03-4555-90A9-DD6EF15D8AAD.jpg (750x910, 392K)

Millions of Casio watches are sold around the world each year. Of course teens are going to buy the cheap casios. That’s equivalent to saying that teenagers have iWatches. Millions of iWatches are sold every year. Of course teenagers will have them. You fucking dope. I know this is a troll post, but you don’t even have an argument.

I have a few casios. My dw5600 is a few pictures higher in the thread. They're great, just some people prefer to not rely on a battery. I own several watches and I frequently come back to my old Soviet time pieces. They're tanks.

Can you get those on amazon?

I just wore the lightest, simplest, analog Timex I could find.

Based and redpilled. The only watch worth wearing with the exception of fashion.
I have dozens of W86's and a single Seiko 5 autoI wear when I need to dress up.
What's the difference between the W86 and the F91W? Apart from the strap.

I am...superior

Attached: 2A6E224E-96C5-4999-9826-E83FF26D79BA.jpg (300x225, 14K)

The gshock dw or the vostoks? You can get both on Amazon, though for the ruskie I'd get it from meranom, that's their factory website. It can take from 2 weeks to three months to get it, but you'll pay considerably less. The base model dw shouldn't cost you more than 50ish bucks off of Amazon if that's your thing. I put the Jay's and Kay's bull bars and NATO strap adapter on mine.

What is that? It's beautiful and simplistic. Gotta know.

I know the rangemaster is where it is at but what about this it is the same watch

Attached: Watch.jpg (4128x2322, 3.06M)

Attached: watch.jpg (1100x829, 111K)

Marathon gsar

Attached: AEFBB664-9681-437B-BB30-4740C46BA8C6.jpg (1010x692, 156K)

No joke this is my dream watch. Been saving for an automatic tsar. What do you think of it?

Attached: 8XAiYdl.jpg (956x1024, 108K)

FYI from a fellow F91W proponent.

Fuck Nato straps, stick with the rubber. Everytime I trick myself into the nato strap meme, I fuck my wrist up.

You know what rubber does? It stretches. Its great when you start a work day, but once youre working and sweating, your wrists will start swelling.

Then youll go to move something really heavy that you just cant dump, and your wrist will have nowhere too expand into. The strap will lock your shit up, and fuck it up.

Gshocks are definitely trendy right now gayboi.

Turns out, not every 15 year old can afford an apple watch. Go to a Zumiez, and sheck out the neon yellow gshocks going for $80.

And smart watches are fucking lame. Kids dont give a shit about answering texts on a watch.

Not bad, shitty straps though.

I love this thing. I want a new watch because the light sucks on this one but I can't justify replacing something that still works

Gotta love a good quality mechanical watch.
None of this "Quartz movement" BS.

Attached: bell-ross-aviation-br0392-bl-ce-33.jpg (483x993, 225K)

mine lasted for six years until the strap broke
the clock and battery were both still fine

>we made it look like a steam gauge in an aircraft
>but we avoided adding anything useful like a stopwatch or rotating bezel

two of my favorites

Attached: IMG_0584.jpg (2478x2002, 515K)

I really like mine.

Wear it every night in rotation with my others. It really excels at night time use

I believe the W86 has a better back illumination and some other features, but the differences are minimal.

Apart from Fashion you say? Check these out user.

Attached: 3752F4E7-131E-482D-AF6D-09776F8B0AB0.png (750x1334, 1.59M)

The F-91W costs next to nothing, whereas a rangeman is megabucks and 90% of the features you just don’t need. The F-91W lasts forever to boot.

>Thinking nods have money for costom watches
>Thinking nods have time to order one
>Calling sniper tape green tape
>Thinking there is access to free tape without getting past the stores troll

The other nice thing about acrylic is you can easily polish those scratches out with a tube of polywatch.

I'll be back for that, tough guy.

Sniper tape. Bodge tape. Green tape. Who gives a fuck.

I love my casio protrek. All the scratches, wears, and bumps just adds character.

The f91w is the most popular watch in the world for a reason. Bin laden had one. At 8-12 dollars for a resin model there's no reason not to have one.

Tbh I just use a dab of tooth paste on my palm when I'm in the shower. Cleans all but the deepest scratches right up.

Just get Sony polywatch. Works better

Some polywatch .

Phone fag autocorrect

How the fuck do you guys keep track of your quests and inventory on such tiny devices? Get yourself something with decent screen real estate at least.

Attached: il_794xN.1851587007_szco.jpg (794x596, 71K)

Jow Forums, I'm seriously considering a Casio DW5600E-1V watch for $43. amazon.com/gp/product/B000GAYQKY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Looking for accessories on amzn i found a bumper bar for $11 amazon.com/gp/product/B07VD44T63/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A33CKH6J1MSH9C&psc=1
a 2-pack glass screen protector for $11 amazon.com/gp/product/B07NMLK8KG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2BK4T82OD15NO&psc=1
and a 6 pack of NATO straps for $15 amazon.com/gp/product/B07JHDFSRJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A9U89XFHA0YZG&psc=1 .

Anyone got any opinions or recommendations on further refining these options to better products?

Maybe because I wasnt arguing anything at all, and you're hard pressed to say I was.
I simply stated that they're favored by teenagers. You outright argued they didnt, then, lo and behold, started retracting your statement almost immediately after in favor of "well okay they do but only the cheap ones" which is, again, something I never stated against.
If that's your idea of an argument - that someone has a different viewpoint - then you're even dumber than you let on.

The GWM5610 will be the last watch you ever buy. It looks like the DW5600E-1V, but its solar and atomic.

Just bid on a used one on ebay. I got mine for $60, only had one minor scratch on it.They don't break, you shouldn't have to replace the battery for 15+ years. The bumper bar and screen protector should work with it.

I don't bother with bumper bars or screen protectors. Honestly, I never take it off, I just clean it every once in a while, but typically, I sleep with it on and its part of me. I always know what time it is, I always have a stop watch, alarm clock, timer and atomic time. Its way more practical then a phone and I noticed that having it on all the time, I am never late, I got a raise, my time management is through the roof.

Attached: IMG_20171214_180141735.jpg (4618x3464, 1.78M)

what is this?

Thanks for the input. I was wondering about the 5600 & solar. the gshock and casio websites arent the friendliest for finding models by feature.

I do like what i see there with the GWM5610-1 over the DW5600E-1V. Now i'm thinking about getting the GWM5610-1 for EDC and /out/ stuff, and the F-91W-1 for @ work

Get an F105W instead. Its the same watch but the backlight is done with electroluminescence instead of a small LED that faces in the wrong fucking direction and barely lights up the watch face. Pic related, the left is basically what the F105W's backlight looks like. Just get an aftermarket strap on it, a cheap NATO strap will last you forever.

Attached: casio light.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Some fuckoff expensive Patek.
I'd sell it,invest it nicely,be set for life, and live comfortably for the rest of my life.

It's nylon webbing.
It's a watch.

True, but I like to stay in keeping with the whole 80s Soviet nonsense when I can on these

43 is a good price. I do a lot of work on cars so the bumper bars are a must for me. If you want to use NATO straps you'll have to get a lug conversion. Jay's and Kay's makes them. The resin strap is good but snaps after a while and they're proprietary so you'll have to source a replacement online.

Honestly unless you dive for fun or are like a 12D or some shit then dive proof really isn't necessary.

I have a bag full of G-Shocks I got when I was in the Army somewhere in one of my gear bins. They're fine and all but I've never really been super into watches. I hate wearing watches so I would always just loop the band through molle.

A lot of people say they like the foretrex but as a GPS, it kind of blows. The UI sucks and the maps are barebones.

my Suunto eats batteries like they're candy is the only downside I can think of. It's an older one though.

as a bonus the altimeter works well enough to use when skydiving at least ;)

Get a Nato strap

Ew

>If you want to use NATO straps you'll have to get a lug conversion. Jay's and Kay's makes them
thanks for that, i have been looking more at those conversions, and nato watch bands.
i think being a taller guy i should go with a wider band, like 20-24mm. who makes quality bands? jayandkays again? they are a bit more expensive than amazon but whats the difference? im looking for somthing robust here.

the foretrex can download maps from your computer i think but can only hold a certain amount. The internet will NOT go down in a happening. Those who believe this do not understand the internet. Of course, you should have all electronic data and physical data redundant both ways. get a chinkpad and some external hard drives for whatever youll need. Chirp and whatever else. Map and compass is good too, and if you cant use them you have bad priorities. All our gear is luxury and QOL. You need to have the fundamentals down.

Its a good watch, the gps comes second in my mind

Something that will tell time and will not light up your face in the nighttime so your head gets exploded from 500 meters.

>trusting rando internet maps
Just do what I do and make your own maps. GIS software is actually pretty easy to use if you aren't a mongoloid.

Fuck that. Get the cheapest water resistant thing, put on a nylon band with a face cover and actually go out into the bush.

For an actual "operator watch" you want
>easy to read time
>able to read time at night, but it won't accidentally illuminate
>stopwatch
>alarm function
compass is pretty worthless although altimeter can have value.
you can make arguments for world time and other navigational features. But those are situational and if you're an operator you probably already carry navigational gear that does it better.

This seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

Attached: black.jpg (600x378, 25K)

>easy to read time
I hate everyone with analog watches in this thread. Like I can read analog but digital is more precisely read at a quick glimpse.

>compass is pretty worthless
Compass is absolutely useless on a watch. You can't shoot azimuths and shit with a watch.