New production 4th gens

I’ll start with the block 70 f16
>Structural life more than 50 percent beyond that of previous production F-16 aircraft
>advanced Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar with a new avionics architecture
>Operational capabilities are enhanced through an advanced datalink, targeting pod and weapons; precision GPS navigation and the Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto GCAS).

Attached: A7DCD18A-BB4D-4563-B5E0-ACC887CA8757.jpg (1280x750, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

militaryaerospace.com/sensors/article/14033384/boeing-ready-to-deliver-developmental-f15ex-jet-fighters-to-air-force-as-early-as-2020
economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/us-may-offer-f-35-fighter-if-india-scraps-s-400-deal/articleshow/69698536.cms
foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/a-new-angle-on-this-shadowy-stealth-f-a-18-hornet-conce-1727910676
youtube.com/watch?v=T3eudKVbdG0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Participate in my thread please

The new MiG is pretty cool I guess

The conform fuel tanks are pretty aesthetic.

I agree 100%

Su-57. Russian military intended to cancel it after dozen pre production airframes in 2018.
But in the end, after Putins personal intervention in 2019 they will be buying 80 of downgraded (but 25% cheaper) models.

Attached: 57.jpg (1023x683, 293K)

Why didn't they just build the f-16XL instead?

Attached: General_Dynamics_F-16XL.jpg (758x477, 61K)

That's called Mitsubishi F-2

Alternate aircraft designs make me diamonds

F-15EX is set to supplement the F-35 launch and used for a more defensive posture.

militaryaerospace.com/sensors/article/14033384/boeing-ready-to-deliver-developmental-f15ex-jet-fighters-to-air-force-as-early-as-2020

Attached: f15x-advanced-technologies-03.png (900x450, 120K)

More pulled from Boeing's site

Attached: f15x-advanced-technologies-02.png (900x450, 566K)

Attached: f15x-advanced-technologies-01.png (900x450, 576K)

Why is Russia’s top of the line fighter a 4th gen?

Justify buying this instead of more useful F-35s outside of "Boeing's Fighter industry needs a pity purchase"

Attached: 1538723268811.jpg (500x400, 69K)

>Russian military intended to cancel it after dozen pre production airframes in 2018.
>But in the end, after Putins personal intervention in 2019 they will be buying 80 of downgraded (but 25% cheaper) models.
Do you have a link for that ?

Why are you posting 5th gen in a 4th gen thread?

>80 of downgraded (but 25% cheaper) models.

Is it related to the Su-27-style engines ?

Lack of money

F-15Cs are getting old and F-22 production stopped so they're a stop gap until the F-22 replacement is developed.

F-35
>Set as a cheap and effective replacement of F-16 it costs like three F-15E
>Has given up on all aspect stealth
>Unlike F-22, at least has IRST, but fails to implement full-turn stabilizers
>Marginally improves on weapon bays design
>Has an impressive engine
>Yet fails to meet 5th gen requirement to supercruise
A meh $1.5 trillion to be spent.

Attached: f-35 payload2.jpg (800x1200, 162K)

Go away armatard

>No supercruise
No 5th gen.

Attached: su-35s night (1).jpg (1500x980, 897K)

No reason to not just keep buying F-35s and put more funding into the PCA program. Investing in new and expensive airframes that won't be useful in as little as 10-15 years is not a good use of money.

Even poo in loo indians don't want it despite LM and Trump being super pushy about it.
Original plan was
>"buy 200 F-16IN/V/block70/block80/82/F-21/whatever name they have and then have the right to buy 90 F-35s but only if you don't buy the S400".
Then India bought the S400.
>surprised Pikachu face

No, India was never seriously offered the F-35. The F-21 offer is also from this year, while the S-400 deal was signed quite some time ago.

Attached: f-21.jpg (2200x1080, 98K)

It can supercruise though.

No solid state electronics, not real 4.5++++++++++++++++gen fighter

Year is 2070, still flying MiG-21s, have to buy from blackmarket or rob musuems

economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/us-may-offer-f-35-fighter-if-india-scraps-s-400-deal/articleshow/69698536.cms

Just an F-15 renamed F-35, they can't tell the difference.

>$1.5 trillion
That’s the projected lifetime cost by 2070.

>May
>Based on unspecified Pajeet sources of the utmost quality

Also the year the Su-57 will probably be delayed to.

I know Su-35S can supercruise, I was talking about F-35 that by definition can't because it has to engage afterburners to achieve what Lockmart PR agency tries to call "supercruise".

Attached: su-35s (23).jpg (1500x1013, 439K)

>to be spent
>to be
English is your second language?

It can sustain mach 1.2 for 150 miles before briefly kicking the burner on again, and thats with the model that produced less thrust. Its cruising at supersonic speeds without a sustained afterburner, thats called supercruise.

The Eurofighter Germany will buy to replace Tranche 1 aircraft are supposed to have 20% higher thrust + Tornado replacement.
Which would it make it the fighter with the highest thrust to weight ratio by far.

That developed eurofighter aerodynamic modification kit will mostlikely part of the Tornado replacement to increase low speed performance.

It can't maintain it. It slowly downs to subsonic again within a 150miles. The problem with the F-35 and supersonic speed are the inlets and low bypass ratio of the engine.

Who do people keep spouting the 1,5 trillion dollar meme?

They’re not very smart and somehow think it’s an unreasonable amount of money to spend over the course of 75 years on a procurement program.

>thinking Indian procurement is representative of a system's value
They cancelled their initial Rafale contract only to, later on, place an order again, at a worse unit price and without tech transfer

I don't see an F-35 deal with India ever panning out. 100% guaranteed the Indians will want tech transfers and licensed production rights.

Yeah, that was already a big point of contention for the F-16 vs Gripen contest (they might have scrapped that program as well).
Lockheed was ready to set up a production line for the F-16 in India (I think they rebranded it F-21 for the occasion), but Saab offered complete tech transfer, to the point of helping the Indians with developing future upgrade of the Indian Gripens, or integrating the tech in the Tejas

stealth F-18 concept

its trash and a stupid idea though becuase the hornet has no internal weapons bay, so if it carries anything on the outside it would loose its stealth capability's so they have to add some fucking box to the bottom like pic related

>a fuckin box

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/a-new-angle-on-this-shadowy-stealth-f-a-18-hornet-conce-1727910676

Attached: stealth-h.jpg (474x266, 9K)

nother pic

and that stealth box thing can only carry like 2 jdams probably

Attached: Stealth_Hornet.jpg (822x313, 25K)

they have the same idea for f15 aswell

>stealth eagle

same problem though, no internal weapons bay

solution?

a fuckin stealth box

Attached: stealthf15.jpg (474x315, 11K)

any idea how stealthy these things actually are?

like compared to F-22 or F-35s?

They didn't cancel it. They replaced an order for 18 flyaway aircrafts by one for 36 (at a 9% CHEAPER unit price per flyaway jet, but with much more support, weapons, and specific enhancements) and scrapped the idea of producing the 108 (out of 126) other Rafale jets under licence, since HAL asked Dassault to guarantee their production without giving the french the ability to monitor it, which was a big "no-no".

Boeing even canceled their partnership with HAL over "poor quality of spare parts production" (before coming back to HAL recently in the wake of their attempt to sell the F-18).

Then an opposition leader, Rahul Gandhi, probably under the influence of US/UK actors (his party was allegedly bribed by a BAE representative named Christian Michel for 24M€ to scrap the Rafale contract and chose the Eurofighter instead, and Gandhi himself received a "briefing" on US arms sales from the US DoD and DoC) tried to win the elections based off the narrative that "Rafale is a scam", then got BTFO'd, his party now having only 51 seats in parliament while Modi's BJP has 303, and him retiring from his position.

Then the Pak/India air war happened, F-16 scored hits on indians, and LM renamed it the "F-21" in the hope no one would notice.

Regardless of the fact the IAF had ALREADY rejected the F-16V/IN block whatever (despite LM ties with past defense minister Sitharaman) after the Single Engine competition opposing F-16, Gripen, and Tejas was cancelled and the MMRCA 2.0 featuring the same actors as the 1st one which saw Rafale winning was launched.

Now LM, after partnering with TATA are proposing to help HAL with the Tejas. Fun fact: Dassault already reviewed the program. HAL threw the review into the trashbin. What will happen for LM?

Meanwhile Dassault is making Falcon parts in its growing Nagpur facility, and Rafale parts in 2020 while the first indian Rafale development aircraft comes in sept 2019 and the first IAF batch in april 2020.

end of SITREP

F-15E outperformed it in almost every metric, plus '80s tech had too high a workload for a 1-man crew.

>F119: 0.30:1
>F135: 0.57:1
It ain't the bypass ratio.

All the major media outlets repeated it over and over in their obligatory "military spending bad" stories.

F15X would make a good missile truck slave for f35 to slave targeting info to.

or the b1 r

Says who

I'd rather we used the existing B1B air-frames as cruise missile and AShM trucks.

Attached: B1B Lancer.jpg (1500x1117, 349K)

Reminder the Stealth or Silent Eagle is a meme. Boeing was forced to admit it was merely a mock-up and had no RCS data available.

I don't think the Eagle platform can be made stealth.

Attached: F15SE - Silent Eagle.jpg (1600x1280, 94K)

i think stealth is a meme

yes. bolting some random shit onto a 1970's design is just polishing a turd. just look at how retarded the block 60 & 70 looks.

They're letting you know ahead of time that they're easily programmable by media rags. Consider it a friendly gesture so you know who to not even waste your time interacting with.

I mean you could make it stealthier than it currently is, but yeah it's not going to match up to a fighter designed from the ground up with stealth in mind. I'd guess that if you did change it enough to make it stealth you'd have to alter so much you'd eventually just end up with a different plane.

Because guy got it wrong. High bypass ratio means a more efficiently operating enginen at subsonic but also performance worse ath transsonic and supersonic.

Sorta related, but there's a major test program going on for engines with an adaptive bypass that automatically manage airflow to optimize for different speeds. It also has a secondary bypass to better cool the engine.
youtube.com/watch?v=T3eudKVbdG0

Adaptive cycle engines are the future of aerospace engines.
Which will become standard for 6th gen aircraft.

The YF-23 was supposed to have adaptive cycle engine.

Patrick James? I thought pixy got you.

In seriousness. I have a crippling sadness that I will never own my own f16. When I was younger and planes did patrols overhead, I could pick out the planes by sound. A q5 here and there, mostly j7s and mirage 3s, but when I heard an f16 I was on the roof before I knew it. It always looked so pretty to me. I think the conformal tanks ruin the sleak look, but I understand why they exist.

Neat, I hadn't realized that.

>Structural life more than 50 percent beyond that of previous production F-16 aircraft

i bet the f16s are made out of carbon kevlar and tungest threads now and they can justify that 50% uplift right?

no just no stop spreading bullshit

>intended
ah yeah the old meme never dies
>hey will be buying 80 of downgraded (but 25% cheaper) models.
ah yeah a meme based on literally nothing appears

Jow Forums

India is a shithole country that has never achieved anything, has no domestic industry and will suffocate in its own filth.

enf of SITREP

What do you guys think about the TFX jet its f16/f22 muttbaby

Attached: A12B9ADF-306C-4537-847A-4AC90C06DFA5.jpg (900x416, 63K)

That plywood model is as far as it's going to go.

RR already said fuck you after Turkey wanted too much technolgy.