Sweaty Ben is now selling pitted out, rusted Enfields for $600

>Sweaty Ben is now selling pitted out, rusted Enfields for $600
>Idiots will actually pay for this

Attached: fuck off.jpg (1316x1702, 260K)

I'd pay $300 for one but even that's a stretch. I bought a lot of milsurp ten years ago and part of the appeal was just cleaning up dirty guns. With these stupid prices it's sad times indeed.

Sweaty Ben has been driving up the prices of Enfields for years now. First he got most of the Samco guns and sold em for 400+, then he's been creeping up the prices ever since.

"I Got something you don't see every day for you guys.."
Fuck off, Ben, you post these every six months and raise the price each time.

>TELL ME ABOUT BEN
>WHY DOES HE SWEAT?

Attached: 9489841984984.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

>Lot of loyalty for an overpriced gun

HE DIDN'T SELL SO GOOD

God what a boomer.
>never again, sonny, buy em while you still can

I want one, but yeah, fuck these prices. I tried a guy on armslist, wouldn't even budge from $600.

>tfw I bought an enfield for$200 years ago
>tfw I care for it like a baby so it borders on mint conditions
>tfw cause of sweaty ben this gun is worth its weight in gold now

>tfw cause of sweaty ben this gun is worth its weight in gold now
well that would make your gun worth approx. $209,033.91 in gold

Over 1000% return, not bad.

ITT: People who don’t understand how economics works.

Let Ben price those rifles at whatever he likes. The market is self-correcting: if he prices them too high, they won’t sell and he’ll lower the price until they do. That’s what happened with the Chinese SKSes he started out selling for $399, then dropped to $299 “on sale”, before finalizing the price at $349. That’s how price discovery works. Like water, it eventually finds its level.

My guess is that he ended up selling a lot of SKSes at $299 (I bought one myself), and figured that the “special sale” pricing got a lot of attention, so that’s what he plans to do with the Enfields. It’s an old department store trick - mark a $100 item up to $200 for a day, then mark it back down to $100 and say it’s a “once in a lifetime 50% off sale”. I’d bet my last groat that these go “on sale” at $499 or even $399 a week from now. Just watch.

Attached: 1374859800190.jpg (495x500, 69K)

>>>reddit
>>>thehighroad
>>>akfiles

I got a numbers matching 1944 Maltby no4 mk1 in excellent condition for under $500. What is this bullshit?

>the sweat rust increases the value

>MK 3's
why even buy it for 300?

If it was an open market, sure, but it's niche since we can't just import rifles whenever we want. A few people absolutely can control the pricing of items by controlling the majority of available units

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T SEE THE RUST IN THE PICTURES? THE WHOLE CARGO BAY IS COVERED IN IT, NO RETURNS

Surplus Good Condition overall but with possible non function inhibiting Minor Cracks in the stocks.

I'll pass.

If he says that, best expect you're getting a cracked stock

>bought one from Sweaty Ben when it was at $400, because of the "y'all ain't never gonna see 'em again" meme
>paid an extra 40 bucks for a milled trigger guard and hand pick
>got a decent condition, but by no possible means "best out of 10" gun, unless the other 9 were completely blown to shit or something
>spent an entire day flushing out cosmoline out of EVERYTHING
>I even fell for the mineral spirits meme. He was totally paid of by mineral spirits manufacturers. The shit doesn't do anything boiling hot water wouldn't do in less time.
>overall a good condition raifu that shoots well annoying nicks, chips etc. in stock and some blueing wear but a good gun
>satisfaction.png
>fast forward to a couple of weeks ago
>SALE!!! $299!!!
>mfw I realized I got gypped real fine by Sweaty Ben
Why as consumers do we put up with this asshole's bullshit? Everything those faggots do has some sketch to it, including those "contests" that nobody actually knows anyone who won it; it's always Daryl J. from Arkansas, or Mike B. from Tennessee.

Attached: 1564975240024.jpg (549x1024, 52K)

Yeah, I'd love to hear if an user knows anyone who's ever won that shit

only a filthy nigger kike would calculate that in cents

Attached: sss.jpg (300x168, 8K)

>boomers
The answer to all your gun woes
Literally every single one of them, guaranteed

I got an unissued 45 lithgow for $500
Excellent cond IFS for 550
VG poo rifle 400
VG 54 fazakerly for about 425
Unfortunately, surp has gotten more expensive than its worth at this point

Attached: BD6188E7-392F-4F3D-95CD-FDE205BE231C.jpg (2048x1536, 837K)

>displays gun next to a literal rust bucket to try and make the gun look less rusty in comparison

what is the sexiest lee enfield in existence? I want to get one

Jungle Carbine

My opinion? The 3 star bull nose is best looking.
Best sights: no.4 rifle
Most available ammo? Poo rifle

What does bullnose mean? I couldn't find anythign on google.

oh blunt nose! thanks

>tfw all the boomers will be dead within 10/20 years and all the milsurp stock they've been hoarding will flood the market again
the glory days of 100 dollar nuggets and 150 dollar mausers is coming, lads

Attached: 1607c1b0-e764-11e6-967b-c88452263daf.jpg (2048x1152, 319K)

>the 2A will exist in 20 years
Bless your retarded heart

this isn't the future i wanted

Attached: 1559835013660.jpg (222x293, 19K)

you know it's been 19 year olds coming over here and seeing memes from 2011 that made nuggets more than 120 dollars right

well yeah, that's driven up demand for sure, but its still boomers like Sweaty "The Rust Gives It Character" Ben keeping the market inflated by refusing to budge as demand's slowed down

Did those come out of Springfield Sporters when they finally sold everything off?

Attached: 1542009433315.png (571x767, 772K)

#
No it didn’t. Everything goes through stages: First it’s the new hotness, then it’s old junk, and finally it’s a classic antique. The price curve goes high-low-high. I remember back in the 00s when you could walk into any flea market in this country and buy a milk crate full of NES cartridges for $10, including the crate. Now they’re getting close to $10 per cartridge on average. I remember when you literally couldn’t give away an Apple II, even in great condition. Once something reaches its classic antique please, it doesn’t go back to the old junk phase. Sorry.
#
That’s not how economics works. If demand really goes down on something that isn’t made anymore (thus having a fixed supply), prices will go down. If a seller doesn’t go along with lowering prices, people won’t buy, and they’ll be stuck with a large amount of unsold inventory, which costs money to keep around. Before long, that cost will be greater than the cost of lowering prices, and the seller will be forced to lower them. If they don’t, then there’s something wrong with your premise somewhere - probably the idea that demand has really gone down.

I traded a first gen M&P.40 for a 1917 SMLE that needed some TLC, think it was a good trade? Pic related.

Attached: IMG_2425.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

>Maybe he's wondering why someone would complain about the price of milsurp, after buying it?

what did he mean by this?

Mfw bought a all matching 1954 irish contract for 300

>that's a big price

For you