Chechen Wars thread

Let's have a thread about the 1st and 2nd Chechen Wars. Discussion about strategy, tactics, weapons and aesthetics is welcome.

Attached: 1555611610092.jpg (2048x1375, 520K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1frxxxuzZN8
scp-wiki.net/agent-strelnikov-s-personnel-file
youtu.be/vo7caiIyta8),
scp-wiki.net/reddawn
youtube.com/watch?v=cXr0NRvJCbk&
youtube.com/watch?v=9jJ2ys2A9dI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=1frxxxuzZN8
>Radio conversation between a Russian Officer and a Chechen Insurgent during the First Battle of Grozny

- [Chechen] Alik, come on, maybe, somehow, before it's too late, take the guys away. Alik, do not do this, do not, do not. In any case, Alik, understand, and you will perish, and I will perish. What is the use of this? Understand it yourself! Who will benefit from this? We won’t benefit from this, you understand! If Russia is not happy with someone, then this must be decided at the government level, but not by force of arms. Politicians…
- [Russian officer] Wait, I ... What is your name, one more time?
- [Chechen] Come on, do it. Give a command. Tell your command. Before it’s too late that you still have people, come on ... Take me out of the city. Go away, Alik! Come on, you'd better come later, you and I ... Come to visit me. We’ll ... That's all. But this, that you’ve come now, Alik ... Now I see you - you’re a great guy, and yes ... If I see you in battle, you know, you’re great, not great, I won’t spare you, just as well do you understand me? You better come to me as a guest, Alik! Take the guys away! Do not. Have pity on their [their] mothers, have pity on themselves. Take the guys away, Alik. Give the team!
- [Russian officer] Well, I'm not such a big boss to give such commands!
- [Chechen] Alik, well, you understand correctly ... For example, I’m just from your heart ... and ... cleanly, I wish you were alive, of course, but ... better get away! Others do not leave - leave yourself! Take those who obey you. Withdraw troops ... [interference] ... after a week [interference] ... performed [interference] land ... [interference]

Attached: 1555611674841.jpg (1904x1456, 660K)

Forgot last line by the Russian

- [Russian officer] But I have no such choice. I have an order and I will execute it anyway.

Attached: 1555692289523.jpg (1200x786, 174K)

How did the insurgent become aware of the impending invasion, and how was contact established between the two men? Just interested to know the back story to this conversation.

>Discussion about strategy, tactics
Ah yes the brilliant tactic of massive armored columns into a large city.
This was in Grozny I beleive so the russian troops were already there, and just non encrypted coms. The Russian army was in a horrible state at the time

>Discussion about strategy, tactics, weapons and aesthetics is welcome

How to strategically& tactically remove Chechen

Which weapon(s) will look the most aesthetic whilst removing Chechen

I do not know, but it's not unlikely that the Chechens would know Russian frequencies and have Russian radios

>Ah yes the brilliant tactic of massive armored columns into a large city.
Shitty tactics are still tactics

1/?

Attached: 1189FD90-08E3-4CB6-BEC1-1A20B5E7AC47.jpg (900x985, 231K)

I thought the 131st was already surrounded at the railroad station in the audio.

2/?

Attached: B15D7E50-9ADF-428E-A238-4FF2EBADCA85.jpg (900x989, 212K)

Attached: B8D700AF-A504-4A7B-94F0-D55975D2E2F4.jpg (900x1110, 306K)

Attached: B36CBA1A-8400-4A07-8739-7510976D600F.jpg (900x994, 209K)

Important

Attached: BC9AF82C-D4C5-48F5-9FAA-4BFD288C86CB.jpg (900x1004, 201K)

He is right about the gypsies

Is this a joke or who is this guy?

To stay on topic are there any good books about the conflict? The only thing I found is Osprey's "Russia’s Wars in Chechnya 1994–2009", but I don't usually hear good things about Osprey

It's an SCP joke
scp-wiki.net/agent-strelnikov-s-personnel-file

Attached: 1555557379935.jpg (1024x657, 227K)

Here is a short summary for what happened on Chechen Wars topic.

There was this kind of country like Ichkeria who wanted to be independent after the USSR collapsed. When russia asked them to stay and join newly born federation they declined. Russia didn't like it, so they tried to make them join by force. Didn't really work out great, as 1. russian side was full of retards who didn't want to fight and were forced to do so (read "americans troops forced to fight in vietnam") and 2. the fucking corruption was all over the place on every levels.

If you kinda know russian, then you should definately check out this video (youtu.be/vo7caiIyta8), where guy named Vladimir Vinogradov (pretty based and funny guy) is talking about how he went to chechnya (video was shot during the war). I don't know if there is a translation for this vid, but I think it would be pretty useful for yall foreign bros, who want to know more about the 'behind the scenes' stuff of these wars.

Back to the main story. As russians couldn't really make it themeselves, they started buying separatists on the land of Ichkeria, who are now called kadyrovtsy and who continued and still continue to chase and liquidate left people of Ichkeria both on the land on current chechnya and around the world. Kadyrovtsy are the gay boys of the kadyrov himself, who is now hero in russia, but previously was not only a member of the terrorist group, but even braged about how many russians he killed.

Pretty much happened change of power in the country, where inbetween russia was heavily fucked up their butt by mountain fighters. Just like americans in vietnam. The difference is that americans were sent back, because their president was commie puppy (kike's puppy), who gave away south vietnam to his commie buddies, and russians were sent back, because russian government bought the kadyrovtsy, so they stop fighting and just be friends based on the fact, that russia will make huge dotations regulary to these days.

t. russian

finally a thread i'm prepared for. filenames have picture descriptions

Attached: Chechen fighters marching to battle during the First Chechen War.jpg (736x535, 86K)

tfw no craft made subgun gf

Attached: Chechen Fighter with a Borz SMG during the first battle of Grozny January 1995.jpg (700x1048, 158K)

oh also if yall know the context of any of the pictures you're posting can you include it? am making a large conflict photo folder.

Attached: An elderly Chechen fighter takes cover behind a russian tank during street fighting in Grozny 1996.j (1023x678, 197K)

Attached: Russian special forces vehicle adorned with a skull taken from a school held by Chechen fighters.jpg (2048x1336, 482K)

Thanks for the Russian perspective on the Chechen conflicts, Boris. Your English is almost perfect. As a native English speaker who knows a little Spanish, where should I look to learn a little Russian? Online and free, preferably.
And would I have to learn the Cyrillic alphabet? It looks hard as fuck.
Any tips?

Attached: RnB_vol01_cvr.jpg (922x1400, 395K)

where can i find the original uncensored?

I think those were factory produced

Yeah but a Chechen factory is probably equivalent to a few drunk anglos making a luty

scp-wiki.net/reddawn

SCP Red Dawn

Attached: 07CDBB90-8591-4AF6-B404-8DC02D0BAF4C.jpg (1024x682, 116K)

When I read about this conflict I cannot help but speculate spectacularly that a certain alphabet agency was somehow involved in propping up the insurgents there.
They were too smart, too fast, hit too hard with too much brutality, too organized, and too successful.
And it bears a striking resemblance to the rise of ISIS, the ensuing crisis of ISIS, and the sudden collapse of ISIS once a certain administration got kicked out and policy towards the region changed.

I would really like to think otherwise. But I am compelled to assume it's more likely that they were involved... Are involved.

I mean most of the fighers in Chechnya were formerly in the Red Army so that’d probably have a lot more to do with it.

No no, didn't you know every bad thing that ever happened in Russia was the fault of the CIA?

Make a case for it not being them then.
They did it in Afghanistan, why the fuck wouldn't they do it on their doorstep?

Well, to a certain extent, by the early 90's, the US was much more worried about Russia completely imploding and having its nukes go missing than continuing to beat their now-collapsed enemy. US foreign policy concerning Russia generally reflected that.

Attached: 71112253_20110123_091549_0215.jpg (463x698, 116K)

The story is more the Russian Federation being incompetent and resource-deprived than anything else.
There would also be a lot of Soviet kit floating around, and a large portion of the population trained in using it. Hell, some of the last military operations the Soviet Union conducted were against various armed groups in the Caucasus.

youtube.com/watch?v=cXr0NRvJCbk&

Any Chechen Wars thread needs the video called "Business Trip to Death". It's age restricted on Yidtube but you can download with tubeoffline.com or a similar site.

youtube.com/watch?v=9jJ2ys2A9dI

Not him but you can learn cyrillic in a day or so if you have any linguistic inclination at all. Learning a language that uses it, diff story.

Attached: grozny.jpg (1599x993, 229K)

Most Chechens were Soviet Afghan War vets, or at least had their leadership.

Attached: Chechens.jpg (700x463, 115K)

This is Russian "New Kids on the Block".

Astute observations anonbro.

Neat hat.

Also not him but as another user said Cyrillic is easy to learn in a day or two and there are a good amount of free resources online. As far as free resources duolingo and anki are good. Duolingo is better for learning basic sentence structure. Basic verb conjugation is easy but don’t get too hung up on memorizing case endings. It’s better to speak (with native speaker) and make mistakes rather than focus on cases. Also I think there is a high probability that Putin ordered the apartment bombings that kicked off the 2nd Chechen war. Once you’re ready to spend some money get a beginners textbook for grammar and go on italki to speak with natives. A lot of listening practice is necessary as well.

They had plenty of captured Soviet weapons and equipment.
There was a lot of Russian military bases and storehouses in the country. And Russian officers stationed in Chechnya frequently brought their families to live in the nearby towns.
When the Soviet government crumbled, rebels started taking the officer families hostage and using women as human shields when seizing a military base. Worked flawlessly, officers usually surrendered without a fight.
So by the time Russian government reacted, Ichkeria was armed almost as well as the Russian army.