AIRFORCE SPECIAL OPERATIONS

whats the difference between a jtac and a cct?

what do the special tactic weathermen do?

AFSOC general i guess

Attached: airforcelogo.jpg (600x400, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3oKMjTqdTYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go play fortnite

All SOF are pampered babies who have unlimited gear, intelligence, and money. They are spoiled and a group of 10 years olds could complete the vast majority of their missions.

If you actually want to do anything tactical don't join the airforce.

Attached: IMG00006-20091208-1315.jpg (2048x1536, 365K)

how is this a weather man?

is it just a secretive nonchalant code name and thats actually the airforces tier 1 badasses?

like navy special warfare develepment group?
or armys compartmentalized army group?

Attached: weather man800px-Special_Operations_Weathermen_training_at_Hurlburt_Field.png (800x911, 1.58M)

like why does airforce even have special operations?

what do they do?

i know PJs are like paramedics and technically part of socom but there not really highly trained operators right?

>why does airforce even have special operations
Special operations teams need somebody with the ability to competently call in air support while simultaneously keeping up with them. The Air Force generally takes responsibility for training them due to the fact that their main job is communicating with AF personnel, and they need to be subject matter experts on a number of AF systems.

We only have SEER and Pararescue both are cool as fuck SEER basically drop in and call in airstrikes gather intel assists other braches on patrol etc. Pararescue is pretty self-explanatory. Both are limited and thus hard to get into you might as well join any other branch and have a much higher be it still a low chance of getting into an actual special operations position. In my 8 years of service 6 diff bases, I only met 2 pararescue guys and both had completely blown out spines from all the hard airdrops so take that as you may.

Here is my friend literally watching paint dry so no one kicks it

Attached: Watching paint dry.jpg (5312x2988, 3.94M)

checkd

buts whats the diff between jtac and cct

and why do they need weathermen?

>there not really highly trained operators right?
Their school is two years, and has a 90% attrition rate

>like why does airforce even have special operations?
Because somebody has to go first.

AFSOC exists to do five things, basically:
1. Provide CAS and SOAS to other operators.
2. Combat Search and Rescue
3. Do preparation of the battlefield to support air operations.
4. Support air operations in hostile deployed areas.
5. Train. (All SOCOM units have this mission, incidentally.)

The interesting part there is 3. The Air Force will be the first boots on the ground in any region once the decision to fight it made; combat weathermen being the first. They're dropped in usually a week or two ahead of the advance group to do local area weather readings to develop an accurate baseline of conditions so Red Horse can use the right admixture for their concrete and CCT can start flight operations prep.

Then CCT and Red Horse drop in (often with Rangers to assist doing security) and build an airfield from scratch. After which the "pointy end of the spear" show up since the log chain is now complete.

The Air Force does not have a Tier 1 unit. They provide a ton of Tier 2 capability and support, though. You basically couldn't do special operations without the Air Force.

CCT's are air force JTAC's

Take the wildest fucking guess that the weatherman does

>Why does an air force need weathermen

Are you fucking serious

Have you just never been outside in your life

so every ODA or devgru squadron needs someone to tag along to tell if its raining or not?

seems like a waste to me

That's easy to solve, it's because you're a very stupid individual

huh

so what are JTACS then?

like the army version?
why have both?

ya but couldnt a seal or green beret tell if its raining out?

cant they just use like doplar radar or whatever the fuck to see what the weather is going to be like any where in the world?

why do they need a comando looking dude on the ground, i feel theres more to it

JTAC is the broad term for any guy or team qualified to direct close air support on the battlefield. It's not just terminology used by the US military. TACP is the Air Force's JTAC. TACPs can be attached to conventional units, as well as SOF units. CCT are SOF who are trained in all forms of ground-to-air communication

SEALs and green berets aren't meteorologists.

The technology needed to predict the weather isn't on the battlefield. It needs to be brought and carried around by a person.

To add to this, TACPs get bombs on the target, CCTs find and secure areas for aircraft to actually land.

mark chapman was a cct

why was he on top of taka ghar?

No idea

Holy fucking shit you guys know nothing.
USAF Battlefield Airmen (which is undergoing a name change to USAF Special Warfare) are the SOF ground component of the USAF. It includes CCT, PJ, SR (formerly SOWT), and TACP.
The primary reason to exist is because each career is a subject matter expert in one field.
For example CCT are fully FAA ATC certified controllers and can do soil surveys to test austere airfields. There job is basically airfield seizure and building improvised airfields.

TACP which is my job is solely JTAC oriented. Yes anyone in the military can get a JTAC qualification, but it is my main job and I am an SME in it. So TACPs in general are your best JTACs.

PJs are SME in personnel recovery and extreme combat medicine.

SR is, well no one knows really because there career is undergoing a lot of change.

Basically we exist because no one else can do our jobs well and we usually operate inside Army or Navy SOF teams or aligned with conventional Army units.

Attached: IMG_20190804_134454610.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

He was watched as their JTAC. CCT conventional job is airfield building and coordinating air traffic until somone else shows to take over like the typical atc. But since there wasnt an air field to be built and he being a master sergeant and having a few deployments under him was tagged to go with that seal team as their jtac

Because at the time CCT were being thrown into the JTAC role that TACPs normally fill and assigned as the JTAC to ODAs and SEAL teams in the hay day of OIF and OEF and the invasion of Afghanistan. Trust me there were also just as many TACPs on those mountains in Afghanistan, killing a whole lot of Terry.

IT GON' RAIN

>DEATH

No but seriously. I wonder if they are ever wrong and have caused entire operations to fail miserably.

>No sandstorm boys
>Convoy gets Daruded.

Weather, atmosphere conditions and wind are very important variables during a mission.

USAF has revamped that job though. Weathermen have been rolled into sniper and recon school.

CCT Chapman had balls of steel and were ditched by the SEALs to die. The Navy tried multiple times to block his MoH citation.

youtube.com/watch?v=3oKMjTqdTYo

lol, he's leading the assault on the bunkers, while the seals are chillin in the back. i'm glad there was an actual video recording of this mission, otherwise the navy would have denied it ever happened.

this mission was a huge fuck up due to navy commanders, and the most deaths out of the whole Operation Anaconda.

>CCT Chapman had balls of steel
That's an understatement. This guy was born to be a warrior.

wtf

airforce have snipers and recon now?

why

wouldnt it make more sense to have ONE military

why do you need marines and an army its the same god damn thing

give me fucking health care not 15 different fucking armies!!

Attached: TEZKuXl.png (900x900, 617K)

USAF operators were some of the first men in Afganistan after 9/11.

Attached: CCT.jpg (576x432, 99K)

the fact that trump gave master chief slabinski a medal of honor for doing nothing other then abandoning his team mate is disgusting

R.I.P CHAPPY

consider offing yourself

Write your congressman, faggot.

navy took over the op after it was well into the planning phase. apparently to get the seals some actual combat experience

seals are over rated dude

The Navy SEALs had to hog the glory as they usually do. I respect Delta and USAF operators because of their "quiet professional" persona.

Recently a Navy admiral sent a platoon of seals back to the states due to their lack of discipline and rockstar ego. He said seals were becoming a problem.

i live in baltimore bitch

Combat controllers talk to airplanes. It’s an Air Force career. A JTAC is JOINT terminal attack controller. It’s a qualification that can be held by pretty much anyone that goes through the course. Even foreign soldiers can be qualified jtacs. I’ve met several British ones.

Special ops weather do just that. They embed with tier 1 dudes and predict the weather for them. They are SOF trigger pullers.
>t. Works with SOCOM

is that the same platoon eddie gallagher was in?

or a diff story?

Mission planners wanted to land at the base of the hill and have them hike up to the top. The Navy wanted to land right on top of a hornet's nest.

what is sof trigger puller

like will a cct stack up and clear rooms with delta force?

really all i know about are this taka ghar story and the lone survivor one.

are there any other storys of seals being shit especially in the early days of the war on terror?

nigga, did you not see the youtube video posted in this thread of CCT Chapman? he was clearing bunkers solo.

They are as highly trained at pulling triggers as they are at weather, and are physically fit enough to roll with SEALS, delta, etc. this is weather I am talking about.

I’ve never met a CCT in person. I work on the air side of things, with other branches and units. Mostly know navy types.

JTAC breaks out to Joint Terminal Air Controller. It's standardized training because there was a lot of griping about having to have AF guys embedded with every unit that needed CAS (i.e. there weren't enough to go around). So basically now they just nominate their own people to go for JTAC training and handle their own calls for CAS for the most part. (Downside: now there isn't enough CAS to go around.)

There's another AFSOC element called TACP (Tactical Air Control Party) that has a substantially weirder mission that involves being embedded with infantry (Army or MC) and/or operators to provide terminal control for CAS. But the part that people care about is TACP do the mission for Tier 1. So yes, the Air Force has Tier 1 operators.

CCTs get tapped to do JTAC for Tier 2 because they're SOCOM qualified and there aren't enough TACP to go around all the time.

TL;DR it's complicated.

Out of curiousity, wasn't Chapman a Tier 1 operator since he was with the 24th STS?

The Navy has one, single Tier 1 unit.

SEALs are Tier 2.

Yes, 24th STS is a T1 unit. Delta force is T1 and SEAL Team 6 is a T1 unit.

Thanks for bringing some clarity to the thread. The TACP guys I met up at Fairchild were breddy cool fellers who were a lot better at rucking and radios

ya but the unit chapman was with was seal team 6

>meteorologist
>need someone trained in a literal pseudoscience to look at the sky to tell how much sand to put in the fucking concrete

>TACP which is my job
Fuck off. No way in hell anyone who could make it in any SOF would waste their time here.

This guy gets it. 800 billion dollars a year for what? So europe doesnt have to pay their defense Bills? So israel can have their enemies smoked without getting their hands dirty? So saudi Arabia can have a strangle hold on OPEC? So bankers can hedge their investments, and defense contractors can make some easy coin off the backs of young men and women who had nothing going for them? No one is fucking with a country that has 400 million guns, and a fucking national guard armed to the teeth. Let the rest of the world burn.
>inb4 petrodollars
Fuck the bankers, bring back the gold standard, and kill free trade and bring back american manufacturing.

Attached: if-you-are-in-the-military-you-are-a-welfare-42338995.png (500x491, 53K)

SEER isnt what you think it is.
TACP is what you are thinking

Imagine being an airforce operator. You get to do shit most men only dream of, and no civillian would ever believe you. Some of those guys are unbelievably bad ass, like Chapman, and Youd be stuck with chairforce memes your whole life. Must be frustrating.

Honestly, if I was living the dream, I'd give zero fucks about the memes. Anyone with an opinion worth caring about would already know you're doing high-speed shit

let's say every night, hundreds of men run a train on your mother. Sure, it can just be a free for all, but given time, things are going to get more streamlined and specialized in order for your mom to fulfill her cum quota.
So instead of every guy just flopping their dick on her willy nilly, one guy will focus on fucking her pussy, another her asshole, a man for ech of her large sagging titties, a cock in each of your mother's hands, another two for her feet, and finally one guy being blown by your mother.

Specialization happens, especially in a large clusterfuck of an organization such as a military. Just ask your mom yourself once she's done.

Re-read his post and realize you pulled the trigger a bit too quick on what you thought he was being a sperg about so that you can sperg about your own post. Mixing all branches into one branch with no special unit is only going to cause more problems.

This is a surprisingly good analogy.

Did those seals who got their ego hurt by Gallagher get hit with any punishment for their obvious false accusations?

If a unit is expected to be attached to any group of operators, they need to be able to hang with them or else the whole concept is fucked.

calm down buddy they have jsoc cct's doing jtac shit and pjs doing combat med as well.

Honestly no one gives a fuck who you respect

They're all better beings than you or I, neither unit is going around caring about what normies think

The weathermen operate as a higher level support element for the CCT. So basically they provide the CCT with what is going to be going on in the near future with the weather. The justification for them being in the field is that (in theory at least) they can advise on the spot for weather conditions.

A JTAC and CCT do essentially the same things, but the JTAC would be out with special units calling air strikes where a CCT would be controlling the airspace for a theatre. In theory one could do the others job but this is the essential difference.

t. someone who doesn't understand weather

i think you meant JTAC not SERE

We dont meed special units you mong. We dont need high speed operators out the ass flying all over the world wasting people for no good reason. We have nukes, we have an unbelievably powerful navy and airforce, and we have half of the worlds guns scattered around a country who's geography makes it literally impossible to invade.

Meteorology is a pseudoscience. Pull up the fucking doppler and get a 7 day forecast.

CCT are like air support air traffic control, while JTACs are attached to a team and call in airstrikes

>Pull up the fucking doppler and get a 7 day forecast.

Attached: 953.png (1280x988, 344K)

>get a 7 day forecast

lol, it's that easy right? i'm glad you're not in charge of the military.

Explain to me why the fuck the us military needs to be able to go fuck shit up in any country that isnt ours.

What argument are you trying to have?

shut up he has no clue what he's talking about. let him continue to look like a jackass while thinking he's cool.

I'm curious why you think the military needs all manner of spec ops to fit every tiny little detail for a full scale land invasion of any country on earth, in any environments at any time. Shits expensive and we dont need to waste the money when no one will ever invade the us when are civilians are strapped, we have nukes, and an unbeatable navy.

>no one will ever invade the us
Correct. It is, however, our lot in life to invade others, assuming we want to maintain the global economic system that brought this country so much wealth post-1945. If you're a westerner who's not currently in poverty, wanting to burn it all down is a pretty dumb idea.

Time for you to leave new friend.

>if you're a westerner who's not in poverty
We're all in poverty you fucking moron. We're all one stupid accident away from finding ourselves in crippling debt without recourse. Fuck the military, repeal the Hughes amendment and fund a healthcare system that isnt shit.

>We're all in poverty
On a global scale, not even a little bit. Assuming you're a westerner or East Asian, It's quite literally the best time to live in human history when it comes to the sheer amount of resources available to an average person.

When the ribbing comes from other people who served, nobody cares.

When the ribbing comes from civilians who never served, you just accept that they're jealous and smile and nod at their poor attempts to meme.

CCTs are qualified for a higher order of operations than JTACs because they can handle the full spectrum of ATC, which JTACs definitely cannot. I haven't seen a PJ working as a combat medic but I guess I'll just believe you, dude.

Attached: bidentime.jpg (480x757, 67K)

Yes they can hop in a stack and slay, but that's not really their job. Ideally they are there with team in close proximity managing drones, air support or other calls for fire.

Yea one step away from crippling debt, but not from, starvation, homelessness or even being without an iphone

Gang

>not considering goldy PJ's
nigger