Flir vs NODS

Is there any advantage to going with heat vision or night vision? Seems like itd be useful to see behind cover, and it would work day and night, and you run a lower risk of blinding yourself. Any recommendations for a FLIR setup? Scope or headgear.

Attached: Screenshot_20190809-212548_Chrome.jpg (720x1480, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8bTgG2Ft4xQ
youtu.be/c_0s06ORTkY
youtu.be/9KDWbn6klgI?t=242
c-span.org/video/?302902-4/senators-paul-mccain-terror-detainee-policy
xcrforum.com/forum/28-politicking/10613-oath-keepers-fbi-wants-surplus-stores-spy-customers.html
endoftheamericandream.com/archives/preppers-are-now-considered-to-be-potential-terrorists
youtu.be/i0tEax6SMtc
twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1160260713023229952?s=19
leonardodrs.com/products-and-services/improved-night-day-observation-device-inod-block-iii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't use thermals to drive at night, etc. They both have their place. I'd buy NVGs first. Thermals for a static defense

ive worked with FLIR cameras quite a bit, and they can suck my fucking vainy nigger cock, and there NVR's make me want to shove a toothpick down my cockhole and fuck a brickwall.
but also, Thermal vision is a meme, and anyone willing to spend 1500 on a sight should commit El Paso Walmart.

thermal is so op its not even funny. i can instantly see you out to 500 easy if any part of you is not behind something solid.

>anyone willing to spend 1500 on a sight should commit El Paso Walmart

you have been reported to the FBI

that's a nice buttplug faggot

>not at least being indifferent to El Paso
Fuck off back to Ieddit and dilate, parasite newfag cancer.

Attached: 1565175879948.gif (454x520, 2.44M)

They're both useful, you should have both.

>Seems like itd be useful to see behind cover
No. You generally can't see through anything solid with thermal. You can see "through" light foliage (which is not cover anyway), but you're really seeing through the gaps, not through the leaves themselves.

>it would work day and night
Yes, although with varying effectiveness depending on weather and terrain, e.g. people/animals don't "pop" against a field with a bunch of rocks sun-heated to more or less body temperature.

>you run a lower risk of blinding yourself
Not really a problem, but sure.

I looked into Thermal vs Night vision, because thermal obviously has huge advantages over NVGs such as not needing light, seeing people through any type of camouflage etc.

The problem is, they're not as smooth, crisp, or practical as NVGs. You have an even tinier FOV through thermals, moving your head creates a motion blur (like you sway your head and literally can't fathom shit in said motion), you have lower battery life, can't see through glass, you can't see IR lasers, etc.

So while Thermal has clear advantages over Night Vision in some combat situations, I think it even more specialized than NVGs and isn't a do all set-up. Just my .2c

Attached: 20130221-214017-pic-778076055_c0-0-1116-650_s885x516.jpg (885x516, 64K)

killing innocent people isn't cool

expect a visit from the alphabets

Put a thermal on a weapon, use nods to move.

>look at that and see buttplug
>call others faggot
Dumb homo

Yes we'll totally respond to some cunts 'report' about an opinion on the internet.
The only report I would like to read is the details of your suicide.
Enjoy your wine and catpiss.

You can put this too good use to see inside someones ass

Most of the cool/useful shit is restricted to mil/le only anyways. Just mount 30 flashlights to whatever you are gonna be using, fuck memevision.

Thermal is for target detection
NV is for identifications.
Different roles.

Cheap consumer tier thermal allows instant darkness detection out to a couple of hundred meters in complete darkness blowing past camouflage, cheap gen1/1+ allows 100-200M engagement. The person with it will destroy the person without it

Hey perfect thread for this question: Night vision does not benefit from economy of scale because no one buys it, so the technological advancements are slow as fuck. Compare that to the advancements in LED's that are now available in 1000+ lumens in weapon lights and Thousands in handhelds. Is one better off now days buying all the lumens or dropping the 5k+ for nightvision?
My argument for the lights is that a lot of lights are nearly weaponized retina burners. and could cancel the use of night vision. I can see night vision still being valuable for moving to the target location, ambush, or the first strike like a night raid. The ambush and the night raid could be countered with blinding light provided the victims survived first encounter.
>lets hear those invalid opinions from people who don't know what they are talking about

Attached: -qsGTu_zsKCOsF3bWM-zSjpqDV47SeXcOguAPnS5Mk0.jpg (1024x683, 122K)

>lets hear those invalid opinions from people who don't know what they are talking about
Like you?
LOL

>mUh iNnOcEnT pEoPlE

I bet you're a discord tranny too. Or at least you orbit one.

This. I remember in MW2 you could just run smoke grenades and a thermal scope and own like a MFr.

How much do I have to spend to get flir that can see a man behind a wall. I know the us military has that kind of tech.

If you put a light on your weapon, your pretty just signaling to everyone within eye sight where you are, and where your muzzle is pointed.

Call me a fucking autist but peep this shit.

>buy 5 for $20 300 lumen flashlights on Amazon
> flash your weapon light on/off
> chunk cheapo light while turned on, make it look reasonable like you were running or fell
> wait for people to engage a fucking flashlight and return fire

It’s not a 900 IQ bigbrain strat but fuck it

I'm going to get thermal, the reason I didn't originally get one and chose nvg is the batteries they use along with recharging them.

>so the technological advancements are slow as fuck
the next big thing is color digital NVGs

youtube.com/watch?v=8bTgG2Ft4xQ

youtu.be/c_0s06ORTkY

guy watching you with nv and a silenced 22 bolt action. Waits for you to stay nice and still and puts on in your head

Whoever said they were innocent? In my experience, when one digs deep enough you'll find everyone has skeletons in their closets. I can only imagine what's in yours.

FLIR also can't see through glass so it's out for urban stuff.

Attached: 1556674432227.jpg (300x352, 25K)

Thermal is fantastic.

youtu.be/9KDWbn6klgI?t=242

Why not just cover yourself in so many ultrabright lights that you are 360 degree sphere of illumination?

>that spacing
>post infinite chan shut down
>post media coverage of Jow Forums
you really have to go back.

>see behind cover
That shit's only in movies user. Thermal imaging doesn't work like that

Did SWIR steal this guy's lunch money?

ok carl carlwindows.

YoU HAvE BeEN RePorTED tO ThE FbI

Attached: chris-age-6-finally-a-windmill-that-only-produces-white-38809304.png (500x522, 167K)

buying NODs already puts you on a suspected terrorist watchlist, among other heinous crimes, like buying MREs

Source?

>and you run a lower risk of blinding yourself.

As someone who has never used night vision... what?

lolwut

who is watching those literal millions of people and how pray tell?

The FBI of course, wtf else do they do with their time but molest Americans?
>c-span.org/video/?302902-4/senators-paul-mccain-terror-detainee-policy

>xcrforum.com/forum/28-politicking/10613-oath-keepers-fbi-wants-surplus-stores-spy-customers.html

>endoftheamericandream.com/archives/preppers-are-now-considered-to-be-potential-terrorists

posting here puts you on a watch list. Stop giving a shit about lists.

people buy mres?

>everyone who buys weather resistant matches also posts on 4chin

Well gen 2 level night vision is super cheap these days plus a IR torch. Thermal is the way to go for tree lines though. You either match or have an advantage on anyone else walking around in the woods.

Boogaloo survivalists, campers, larpers.

Thats why it is a question dumbass. loLOOLLLL

We really should have 4k color nv/thermal units by now that would auto adjust to light

fire at the brightest spot

>using non thermal
the bush starts speaking vietnamese... in the dark

>googobbling yuppies who "hike" up a paved trail with 6 grand worth of REI gear are now terrorists
lol

Depends on the situation. Urban at night, I2 sucks too many light sources and the tubes don’t have a good AGC to adjust and see into dark areas. Thermal better, except for the glass which doesn’t pas LWIR. Shell it first and blow out all the glass, the GTG.

You must have worked with some poorfag shit.

you fucking know it, used to work for a guy, we would do either really fucking big projects like hospitals and shit, and for that we'd use fuck ass huge servers, and Exaqvision, we also did Jayz's house, one of the Chairmen of Blackstone, and one of George Soros's house. and those were all nice jobs, but our bread and butter was selling dogshit FLIR nvrs to local buisness owners, and charging the fuck out of them for service, as a result we'd drag out the big contracts for as long as possible, because we were constantly sending one of our fucking four service dudes to travel 3 hours upstate to turn a NVR on and off.

>thermal gives you like 10 different ways you can look at a donkey dong

New zero spill long range rifle light, made with reflected laser instead of LED.
youtu.be/i0tEax6SMtc

Attached: Capture.png (1203x738, 1.05M)

good experience using pulsar apex for combat, good picture, good range, downside are those fucking cr 123 which are hard to get, but there is an external battery that is rechargeable for a relatively low price that lasts you through the night. cr123 is like 4 batteries a night

also, only good for m16, not 7.62. looses zero

Idk man. Vid in use in middle east seems pretty good.
twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1160260713023229952?s=19

Is there any flir tech that would function through glass? Or pick up a heat signature through a wall?

>not having your freeze dried cookies, freeze dried chips, and your freeze dried pop for cataclysm

There is a through wall radar system, hand held. Problem is you have to be right there on the wall to use it and it really only gives a direction towards a Doppler shift like a heartbeat. Good enough to know there’s someone there, not helpful enough to save you on the breach.

Are there any helmet mounted options that combine FLIR and NODs?

Like letting you switch between the two on the fly

Attached: 1488926811915.png (588x588, 54K)

Check the resolution on those FLIR. It is usually less than 480p resolution. Usually closer to 180p. You can't get positive target ID with consumer FlIR that is cheap. You can just tell there is a humanoid shaped warm thing over there.

How the fuck is cr123 hard to get anywhere in the civilized world? Just stock up on them. One of the good things about cr123 is the long shelf life.

theyre made for fudds with money to burn to use to stalk deer easier, not people

>180p
IDK about that one, but the Leopold LTO Tracker HD is 240p at the same price. Retarded auto-scaling, though.

found the poorfag.

Depending on ambient temp, thickness of the wall, and the target's distance from said wall, it's possible. But as a rule, no.

There are several hybrid systems that run both at the same time. I don't know how commercially available they are.

Your lights on firing on a force , im to your side or out of your light pool, with out flir or nvg's or even a flash light of my own I can shootat you perfectly.
Your light can be seen for miles, none of my people are using bright lights at night, you could be a mile away and we can dump on your position and possibly take one of you out.
You are moving in a building you see movement and light it up with 1k lummens, im across thevstreet and notice a building light up. You just spotted a family hiding, so you can dust some non combatives if your a bad person but i still know you're there.
A man is moving to yoyr side you light him up, hes a friendly. I see you and your friendly thanks to your light .....
Tldr: you are retarded.

>silenced 22 bolt action.
stop

>me gonna snipe some flashy bois at 600m
Limited by the distance you can see plus the aiming options for use with night vision. Now you have to close the gap. You will not be silent lingering death on the approach either. Only option is a rapid engagement like the Rangers

Attached: 1416162913356.jpg (1280x853, 192K)

Nvgs for moving and actually shooting (can't see ir laser under thermal)

I play with that exact model of thermal viewer every fucking day. It sucks, The Leupold LTO is significantly better in just about every aspect, spend more money than $600 for thermal or you're gonna get gay shit. But you know. If you spend a little more you can get a lot of better imagers out there. Nods are more for navigating. Thermals are for spotting.

Attached: comfy prop.jpg (570x378, 31K)

leonardodrs.com/products-and-services/improved-night-day-observation-device-inod-block-iii/
MWIR solution, very capable, very $.

flir can see ufos

that's cop logic for you

Attached: 81-J6oCud+L._SL1227_.jpg (1227x1013, 276K)

Derp. Go ahead and turn that 1000 lumen flashlight on when trying to sneak past bad guys.

Glad to see the Kurds are still stacking “FSA” bodies

>a thin-blue-line "come and take them"

Attached: 5f35a163.jpg (311x304, 16K)