Salutations friends

Salutations friends,

I'm looking to buy an AUG, although I'm not sure whether to buy a newer M1 AUG or an older used Sabre A3. Are there massive differences in quality between the two?

Also the lack of a bolt release on the NATO stock that detrimental or should I go with the OG AUG magazines?

Attached: AUG.jpg (1280x450, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYZ0EI4-4fA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why not just buy a New A3? Thats what i did and i dont really have any complaints with it. I Got the OG stock because im left handed, so i cant say much about the NATO stock

Go with OG AUG mags, buy a new one. Steyr has 20" barrels in stock again.

>"Steyr has 20" barrels in stock again"
Please tell me that this is true.

Attached: 1555104074448.jpg (1504x2124, 264K)

Looks like they redid their website recently and they do have 20" barrels in stock

Attached: 20180831_230852.jpg (4032x2268, 3.46M)

They are all going to be shit guns so buy whatever you find.

FUCK YOU STEYR
WHERE ARE MY 1:7 BARRELS
WHEEEEEERRREEEE

Yeah, now for Corvus Defensio's vaporware trigger pack to finish.

I can't wait till ARs are banned under new AWB and your faggot /arg/ threads finally die.

I can't wait until the whole world adopts AR15's.

Who gives a shit what some conscript in buttfuckistan uses? I have five fucking ARs, doesn't mean I can't enjoy other guns. /arg/ autism is propelled by ARs being artificially cheap post-2004. That will end after 2020.

>implying all other modern semi-auto rifles wont be affected
If that shit goes through we're all fucked and you can bet your ass they'll be going after "sniper rifles" next.

Grandfathering, butthole. If you didn't buy up a decent collection in the 15 fucking years since 2004, it's on you or you're just a zoomer who is going to be fucked by the circumstances of time. Sorry if that's the case.

AUG's cool
bolt release is worth it
M1 kinda gay

Attached: 1528931432270m.jpg (1024x576, 128K)

>Grandfathering
>implying that means anything to gun grabbers

>i-it'll end
lmao

It did in '86, which is why boomers have MGs and sell them for 40k. Also did in 1994 which is why you had people trying to sell pre-ban at a high margin. Will the next AWB change shit up? Beats me, but best case scenario you'd be better off having the shit you want, now, than be sitting there with your dick in your hands in the middle of the next panic trying to buy something.

Yeah you're right, it'll be 'SHOW UP YOUR BEST PRE-BAN' while the fucking bolt action AR kids walk the trail of tears.

is this how AUG fags think?

>endlessly posts in AR circle jerk
>bothered with someone disturbs this pattern of AR wank with literally any other gun
Go open carry in walmart.

The funniest thing is all these companies will just go tits up and shrivel up into nothing. They sprung up like weeds after 2004, and they'll be gone just as quick. All these esteemed names in your AR circle jerk will just disappear.

I got a used A3 and it's kind of pointless unless you are planning on getting the 35 slot Corvus Defensio rail to mount stuff really far forward. M1 would be perfectly fine otherwise.

M1 is alright if you don't need the forward rail
Get the A3 if you want an LPVO or laser

Attached: mango aug.jpg (3952x2562, 3.68M)

The M1 is fine for a LPVO if you get the Talon scope mount

I forgot to mention to get the standard AUG mags instead of NATO

It looks dumb tho

Attached: vudu.jpg (720x960, 50K)

This looks dumb to you?

Attached: augtalon.jpg (2016x1512, 693K)

Crows

Attached: D5257C78-F6A6-4999-B8FE-AD9E0B2C5343.jpg (4032x3024, 3.38M)

A nasty precedent was set with Prop 63 in california and you shouldn't be surprised if grandfather clauses are ignored by state legislatures going into the future. Hopefully the courts sort this shit out but there's no guarantee.

>you'd be better off having the shit you want now
That much we can agree on.

Yeah, good point. Stashed up a bunch of rifles, got spares for the ones I like, ammo and accessories. If they have to live like Anne Frank, I'd probably just leave whatever state I was living in and go live with the ethnic Alabamans.

Rate my AUG.

Attached: AugA3 1s.jpg (1336x752, 430K)

Corvus boiiiiiiiiiiis

Yes

I found this but I don't know why I don't see any AUG vids on his channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=NYZ0EI4-4fA

Attached: LucasAUG.png (866x480, 616K)

Is this a M1 AUG? I'd like to get the extended Corvus rail but if I'm correct you're forced to get the M1 version rail because of that awful QD sling slot placement?

Yup. Either get a used A3 or just get the M1, unless you want to try out that Midwest Industries rail.

Attached: augdifference.png (1528x762, 1.03M)

Thanks. I might get a non M1 for peak corvus aesthetics. I haven't seen any older A3s in OD green, did you get a separate receiver for that?

I got lucky on gunbroker

AUG is only good bullpup.

Hi. I have a question, why does Styer make pistols when Glock exists? Are they good? Just overshadowed by the more popular Glock?

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the Desert Tech MDR in 5.56 as those make their way out into the public. It would be nice if they made a dedicated lighter weight 5.56 version too.

yeah and I hear that the pistol owners swear by them but I went with the glock anyway

Really want to get a Manticore Arms M1 30mm scope mount for my AUG and strap a Steiner P4Xi 1-4x in it...but I also really want to buy more guns. Fuck.

what rail version to get if I want to put on like a ACOG 1.5x16S and backup RMR?

Corvus Defensio because it has built-in slot for ACOGs.

I really like 5.56 bullpups. It’s a great way to shorten the profile of the rifle without cucking the 5.56 velocity.

The MDR looked nice, but at this point it’s hard to beat he AUG. Unless they can somehow meet the reliability at a lower price point.

Well, you can either have many guns like a normal person with friends or you can join an incredibly niche club of strangers on a Mongolian basket weaving forum who you will never meet in real life. The choice is obvious.

>incredibly niche club of strangers on a Mongolian basket weaving forum

The 'Manticore Arms 30mm mount with Steiner Optics Club'? Because I already own the AUG, Brojangles.

how do I sling up an aug? and how to I store 42 round mags on my person?

They’re going to ban all the guns. They’ll come after the bullpups by saying they are ‘advanced military assault style weapons’ and due to their compact nature they are easier to shoot, easier to manuver, and much more deadly due to their longer barrels.

Attach right above trigger/pistol grip
Attach 2nd at back of stock.

Bullpups are also great with single points. Everyone who says otherwise is a commie.

>42 rds
In a mag pouch? Pocket? Shove it up your ass

Some of the upgrades to the AUG bring it close in price though and Americans are obsessed with everything running on AR mags. I foresee the MDR being real competition in the next few years.

If I would have read your post better the first time I would have just said to go for it. What do you have on it now?

Being paranoid is unhealthy. They're going to do what they're going to do and all you have to decide is what you are going to do.

They wont need to do that. They'll expand their definition of an assault rifle to include all semi-automatic rifles instead. Then all bolt guns. Then all lever guns. Then all pumps. Then all pistols. Then all break action/single action firearms.

Don't worry, they'll have expanded their definition of firearms somewhere in between so you can still buy black powder guns and airguns, with a proper background check, psych evaluation, and a series of interviews with your local police department. All paid for out of pocket of course.

>What do you have on it now?

The factory 3x optic. Its decent clarity glass but it has a small eyebox and meh eye relief.

Delet this

Attached: Kel-Tec_RFB_1000_0001.jpg (1000x870, 260K)

Attached: AUGmansneighborhood.jpg (600x480, 156K)

There's very little actual difference between the A3 and the M1, apart from the top of the receiver having a different profile where it meets the rail / scope mount. On the A3, the front slight attachment is on the rail; on the M1 it's on the receiver. As far as I can tell, there is no appreciable quality difference between the two.

Don't go with the NATO version. AUG magazines are way better and you get the BHO.

>that many exposed fasteners
>good

Who makes that, Mattel?

>Also the lack of a bolt release on the NATO stock that detrimental

That's a matter of personal preference. If you can't answer that yourself, you might want to do more shooting before you invest in a $1,500+ rifle because muh Die Hard. Too many richfags buy the AUG not knowing what they're getting into, and then say it's a shit gun because it doesn't suit them.

AUG is best.

Attached: IMG_4116.jpg (2500x1404, 1.53M)

is the white stock worth it? I've heard it gets dirty easily

Attached: dem AUGs.jpg (2000x1497, 721K)

If you've got a safe full of black guns go for it. That said, it does get dirty easily though mostly finger prints. But it cleans up with soapy water or nitro solvent. Looks sweet though!

>get a plastic stock dirty
>what is a hose?

what optic goes best? If I'm shooting inside of 200m.

The beauty of AUG is that its trivial to swap from NATO to Native stock. It takes maybe 1.5 min if you are doing it the 2nd time.

But you do need Stock + matching Trigger Pack.

You can't use NATO trigger pack on native mags due to it being fit to different mag design.

So spend extra $400 AFTER you buy whatever option and roll with both.

I own both stocks. Prefer native stock and mags due to their superior ergo and like you said - bolt release.

Things that are a pain in the ass to swap on the aug:

Optic/upper rail.

Vertical grip (need hook and some kind of sharp tool to wedge the cap off so you can "hook" the loop in the spring).

Other:
You can't really use drum magz because its a bullpup.

Micro red dot or TA44 ACOG. Maybe EOTech if you have night vision. You could also get a LPVO like the Trijicon TR-24 with the triangle on a Talon mount. Really whatever you want though.

20" barrels are fucking nice. I am making insane shots with mine - 400 yard with 3x head sized plate - consistent hits.

After install the 20/20 sear I am thoroughly enjoying my AUG. Got a couple Corvus Defensio parts and the Gear Head Works FLEx Swivel take down slide with QD mount. If I swapped out the optic for a Corvus rail I would have QD mounts fucking everywhere on this gun.

Attached: AUGmented.jpg (1000x567, 331K)

Even after buying one, i was kind of on the fence about the aug. But its really grown on me.

Attached: AD9A0BF3-DCDB-4282-82E1-339FE6B5A364.jpg (4292x2736, 3.68M)

just a hose is insufficient, need nitrosolvent to get the soot finger prints off.

The AUG is great as long as the world doesn’t go to shit. If that happens it will become a paperweight eventually because the parts will dry up. Logistics is a bitch.

Anything wrong with the 1.5x or 3x AUG scopes? I figured that if I were to get an AUG that I'd stick with the traditional scope for Cold War aesthetics. Or do the AUG optics suck that badly?

Attached: 1561018245936.png (1280x1811, 804K)

see They are not worth the money Steyr charges for them, IMO.

they are incredibly dated. yes optics can be dated the shittiest scope at walmart is better than the majority of things from 20-30 years ago and 100 times better than anything from ww2.
then the new repros of the classic aug have to optic/carry handle shaped different than the old ones.

So no then? That's too bad. Something about the appearance of the AUG optics just looks so cool to me.