Remember when

remember when some guy conned the US military into buying millions of dollars of placebo "bomb detector" dousing rods and got a bunch of iraqi soldiers killed by car bombs

they're still used by several 80 iq tier governments

lol

Attached: ade651.jpg (690x468, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADE_651
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadro_Tracker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've seen them work on tv to find water flowing underground

Pretty sure they sold them direct to the Iraqis since the US told them to fuck off.

You can drill deep enough in most places and eventually hit an aquifer

Its hard to not find ground water

Are there are actual 80 IQ governments?

apparently iraq was using them up until 2016 which is wayyyyy too long, not sure who else still is but

>The ADE 651 was also sold to customers in Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Georgia, India, Iran, Kenya, Niger, Qatar, Romania, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.

I always thought the idea was to use it as an excuse to search whatever vehicle one wanted

It's literally 90+ percent of the world. If you're on flatish land (not a mountainside) and you drill down 200ft it's a 98% hit rate for ground water.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADE_651

>The ADE 651 is a fake bomb detector[1] produced by the British company Advanced Tactical Security & Communications Ltd (ATSC). ATSC claimed that the device could, from long range, effectively and accurately detect various types of explosives, drugs, ivory, and other substances. The device has been sold to 20 countries in the Middle East and Asia, including Iraq and Afghanistan, for as much as US$60,000 each. The Iraqi government is said to have spent £52 million on the devices.[2]

The eternal anglo strikes again

>Iraqi civilians have complained that the device seems to have "an unerring attraction to shampoo and soapsuds". According to Iraqi police officer Jasim Hussein, "The vast majority of the people we stop, it's because of their perfume".

well that's handy

>McCormick refused to be interviewed for the Newsnight investigation, but told The New York Times that ATSC would remain in business: "Our company is still fully operational."[2] He told The Times that ATSC had been dealing with doubters for ten years and that the device was merely being criticised because of its "primitive" appearance. He said: "We are working on a new model that has flashing lights."[19]

it's not so much conning as kickbacks
corruption is a hell of a thing

Dousing rods, we call them witching rods actually do work.
We use them all the time to locate the general area of utility lines, conduit and water mains/services before we dig. I can’t explain it but it works 9 times out of 10.
t. water company worker

>I'm retarded, but it works

keep doing what you're doing then

I’ve located water mains with them for ten years, found pipe even when the electronic locator couldn’t pick it up.
But go ahead, you with no experience, please tell me how I’m wrong

>water flowing underground
Into the blue again, after the money's gone.

Digits confirm it.

Huh, I always wondered what the rest of the lyrics were.

If it is made by an American company, it would be working as expected. The brits just lack in the propaganda department.

my country bought those and succefuly the british bong who made them

>clearly just a piece of plastic with a fucking spinny antenna thing
>everyone buys it
best corruption/money laundering scheme

Shut the fuck up retard. They work for finding water.

You're wrong.

Water is fucking everywhere underground anywhere you'll find someone willing to douse.

> He told The Times that ATSC had been dealing with doubters for ten years and that the device was merely being criticised because of its "primitive" appearance. He said: "We are working on a new model that has flashing lights."[19]

Attached: ilaughedtoohard.gif (294x238, 3.01M)

Show me one source saying dowsing rods are scientifically proven and I'll provide multiple saying they're caused by subconscious motor movements.

>James McCormick
>tfw you try to kill british soldiers with your fake bomb detectors for your IRA bros
>end up killing a bunch of iraqi law enforcement instead

Attached: 1439661960207.png (500x517, 124K)

I think some as in countries use them as well. There was a documentary on it the person in charge of buying them was interviewed they were very angry and were saying it works. They probably paid some money. Males you wonder about weapons contracts

I was thinking it would be a great equipment to get the person nervous if they have something to hide if not they are okay

Yeah, but at one thousand dollary doos a piece you might as well buy a 100 $10 dildos, would make the person you're interrogating rather nervous

anyone else angry about this, sure you can con people but not at that high level people will be dead cos of it.

who should we be angry at the guy who makes them or the people who bought it. Didn't they even do trials ?

also apprently there are more stuff like that

You are wrong, unless you have ESP. They have no logic nor science behind there use.
Its witchcraft not science.

>SHUT IT DOWN

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadro_Tracker

I have seen a guy locating an underground water stream with an y-rod in front of my eyes, i think it has something to do with electric-magnetic stuff. Some people can do it it's a fact.

>Can't explain how a law of nature works
>it's witchcraft!
Like legit they couldn't explain how compasses worked when they first arrived in europe but they were not "witchcraft"

those are dowsers, often known as golf ball detectors

If this shit works then how come nobody has ever claimed the million dollar prize for anyone who can prove that this or any other pseudoscience crap works under scientific test conditions? How come every actual study has come back saying it's bullshit?

The compass example is especially stupid because even if we didn't understand magnetism we could still prove that the compass works in a scientific manner because it would produce consistently repeatable results, i.e. it would always point in the same direction. Dowsing does not produce consistently repeatable results, because it's a hundred year old scam.

Primary the conman and next whoever bought them without sufficient testing.
Only got 10 years but he should have been jailed for life.

Turd worlders gonna turd, not much you can do to help barbarians who literally believe in witchcraft.

The US didn’t buy them. The Iraqis did and tried to hide the fact they misallocated US funds to do it.

Source: I was there. It was a scam by senior officers to pocket millions by buying those instead of buying actual detection equipment. This did the same thing with fishfinders too.

>but were acquitted
God damn it now I have to go look this case up.

Yeah it was. Traditionally the compass would be kept in a special closed box because it would spook the crew with its witchy powers.

It is almost impossible to not hit ground water if you go deep enough.

What's an aqua for?