Archery

any anons here shoot arrows? how easy is the sport to get into? do I have to have a tacky polymer monstrosity or can I target shoot with something like pic related

Attached: 50#recurve.jpg (800x800, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YyvZ4tf9
amazon.com/Crosman-BABPNBX-Benjamin-Pioneer-Airbow/dp/B01BKBWMV2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=airbow&qid=1565474845&s=gateway&sr=8-1
youtube.com/watch?v=QCyTbAkwYto
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. you have to have a bow that is both longer and taller than a normal rifle. It must be either a very bright color or a trademarked camo pattern that normies know, like realtree or mossyoak. The most absolute essential rule to remember when it comes to archery, a thing that has been mastered for thousands of years, is that you must do everything you can to overcomplicate it.

Attached: bow.jpg (1200x800, 120K)

Attached: Best-Compound-Bow.jpg (999x667, 140K)

archery is absolutely based, pic related is absolutely based, go stupid simple and experiment with arrow weights

Mad but completely correct

Make your own Jow Forumsomrad, Jow Forumsbowyer

You can target shoot with that just as well as polymer monstrosities. Just takes more effort, of course. Instinctive archery would be the most fun, to me, at least. Anyway, yeah. Archery is really easy to get into, really hard to master.

>babby tier recurve

shoot traditional, without arrow rest, or stay a babby.

Samick Sage for beginning traditional bow.

Is SevenMeadows a good place to shop for bow stuff?

no,

I have a large text file with all of my approved traditional bowyers, any interest in a drop?

Dropped it anyways, all my personnel research.

I fancy myself a bowyer, have shoot traditional my whole life, feel free to ask questions about any of these or others.

pastebin.com/YyvZ4tf9

>pastebin.com/YyvZ4tf9
OP here, great stuff man. thank you.

Been getting into it a little lately. A friend's gf has a 25lb flatbow she brings when we go shooting and I'd almost forgotten how fun it is.
Planning on getting a traditional English longbow style because of muh heritage and to prepare in case the French get a bit uppity again.

Thanks for the pastebin. Don't suppose you've heard much about Bearpaw bows? I'm eyeing up their Strongbow Sir Henry as a decent starting point and it has good reviews on most retailers' sites I've looked at.

Have not ran into them yet, I'll check em.

stumbled upon this thing today - a rediculously priced airbow
amazon.com/Crosman-BABPNBX-Benjamin-Pioneer-Airbow/dp/B01BKBWMV2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=airbow&qid=1565474845&s=gateway&sr=8-1

says pcp tank on it is good for 8 shots.

would you actually be allowed to bring a scuba tank or high pressure air compressor to a range without someone shitting bricks at you?

Attached: 31oADT7AYrL.jpg (500x500, 16K)

/out/ says go to Jow Forums. Jow Forums says go to out lol

Or you could just rig up a good hunting compound and step back to 80+ yards

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.7M)

Oh, of course. That's our long distance warm up. We like to go out to 200-250yds towards the end.

about $100

>$89 bow
>$3 arrow
>$8 other

OR

MAKE YOUR OWN

you need:
>a 6' piece of wood, no knots, from the mid wood of a hard wood like oak, yew, or hickory (you can use a 2"x4"x6')
>string made from the sinew of a deer (or synthetic B-50 ~$10)
>a knife or cutting implent

OR

>a 6' peice of PVC about 1" schedule 40
>heat gun
>fishing line
>knife

FOR THE ARROW

>a strait dowel of 3/8"x2' or so
>duck tape
>twine

or you could buy youth arrows at ~$3 a pop.

Is that you Cam?

Attached: FE05A308-B1DE-4703-9D0B-BD22DD0B9B46.jpg (1131x824, 252K)

You can’t buy youth arrows if you’re pulling a lot of weight they will splinter and you could get hurt you gotta get arrows made for your draw weight

this. you can get higher pound arms for it as you progress

Attached: funtimes.jpg (480x360, 20K)

I don't know what's worse. the gay bow, the bracelet, the trailer home, or the bare foot

The, “I bought a bow and arrows and did no research about them first.” Special

a starter bow is usually no more than 60lbs, anyone willing to pay more would probably be aware. for a 60lb bow youth arrows are fin for target practice.

if you shoot a wood arrow at plus poundage it would survive it just isn't accurate enough for a professional shooter, with that being the case I would just use a 1/2" diameter arrow.

IF it was made of carbon fiber or plastic I would recommend only shooting the recommended poundage.

Obviously doesn’t shoot a bow. Slings are used so you can let your bow swing when it’s fired to improve accuracy

Attached: 2A0CED89-0C4C-4216-AFD4-AA9C8A9C53CD.jpg (400x187, 21K)

Attached: 5E562E1C-C028-4780-A07F-A05C3347D64B.jpg (300x168, 11K)

thanks, i'm pretty much set on this path. primarily because it's cheap and gives me an excuse to do some wood shaping.

I'll tell it to my recurve
you buy more toys

Bows have been futuristic since the 70's though.

Attached: bear78.jpg (218x600, 35K)

The bow pictured is a recurve just a carbon fiber one. You could use a sling on a wooden recurve as well if you tied it around where you hold the bow., but you’re really just convincing me you don’t know anything about bows much less own one

if you say so buddy. buy some more toys
maybe another red dot because 2 is better

Stick a few fiberglass rods inside the pvc pipe if you want extra draw weight

OR
>shape the bow into a recurve using a heat gun.
>no additional parts needed.

Couple questions.

DO I need a arm guard for compound bow while starting out? How big of a chance do I have of slapping or gouging my arm?

Are cheap 12 packs of arrows from amazon ok for field points?

Is centerpoint 370 sniper worth it as first crossbow or should I go higher price? I mostly want it to pass the archery test for NJ hunters. I hurt my back a bit recently and not sure if im up to shoot compound bow under pressure like that. (Also I want a crossbow)

If not sniper 370 any suggestions under 400 dollars?

Attached: 41yxkhT6+-L.jpg (365x500, 23K)

Archery is fun, and cheaper than shooting guns.

Not a good defense option, but it lets me put holes in things for a fraction the price i'd otherwise spend on ammo.

You can shoot whatever bow you like. I like longdraw horsebows, my buddies are all wannabe olympians, and the local club is a bunch of boomers with compound hunting setups.

You dont need an arm guard. Just good form.

If you're clipping your wrist with the string, its a sign that you're fucking up your form.

Opinions on PSE stuff? I'm about 4 minutes from their headquarters and every time I have mentioned I wanted to get into archery, people in town always referred me to them.

find an archery forum and ask them, fucktard
asking here for beginner advice is too wrong to explain.....

Attached: hot_girls_bow_15.jpg (607x600, 51K)

Still looking for beginner crossbow recommendations.

Ah just saw other folks at range.

Do I need to study form for compound bow. I have never been instructed.

Attached: 1489403279435.jpg (960x640, 77K)

First I would go to an archery shop to figure out your draw length and lbs cause you’re almost certain to get the wrong stuff if you try to figure it out on your own. Then I would watch videos on proper shorting stance and form. You don’t need an arm guard just put a sight bend in your arm when it’s extended you don’t pull a bow with your arm completely straight

Attached: hot_girls_bow_16.jpg (600x600, 83K)

Attached: hot_girls_bow_14.jpg (426x600, 36K)

Attached: hot_girls_bow_10.jpg (640x582, 38K)

You don’t have to take a class but I would watch a few YouTube vids

Attached: 4A57DB99-39B7-43E6-B7C0-ED1EFEAF9218.jpg (1708x2251, 1.95M)

or do both for even superior draw powah!!!

>asking here for beginner advice is too wrong to explain.....
Just because you are ignorant of archery doesn't mean we are.

>Are cheap 12 packs of arrows from amazon ok for field points?

Yes, they are fine. The no name packs of shafts are not worth it if you were tempted to get those.

Great bow wizards, I seek your knowledge. I'm looking for a traditional-ish recurve to shoot targets with, no interest in bow hunting. However I have 3 stumbling points. 1: I'm left handed, and learning to be right handed isn't an option. Most offer an option for me so it's not too bad. 2: I'm Canadian, so buying options aren't as great as in the US. 3: I'm 6'7" with a matching wingspan, and calculators tell me I want a 72" + bow, but I can't find any. Any pointers, bowfriends?

Barnett Jackal. If you are limited to a recurve by your state hunting regs Arrow Inferno Fury.

>then make a compound

DIY:
youtube.com/watch?v=QCyTbAkwYto

bump